Need more Thief and Willbenders

Gnomskii.7423

I noticed that there are now too many thiefe and willbender on wvw, all the crooked players suddenly became professionals in these classes, isn't it time to start nerfing them?  I also often see a team of 5 willbenders on wvw , how to survive after them ? I think it's time to reduce their mobility 

Edited by Gnomskii.7423
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

19 minutes ago, RazieL.5684 said:

don't forget mesmers too, their burst is absurd rivaling willbender at this point but from stealth and range and unblockable

They have one very large spike on gs and other skills they put all into one dodge window. You can dodge it quite well and the rest of the burst you can escape if you see that you ve dodged their huge burst opener. Willbender has like 3 moves to them. Opener burst and 2 more bursts its a bit more difficult to escape(they start their burst standing directly next to you so getting same distance to them as on a mesmer burst requires more mobility on your part)

So before this Thiefs were the only problem? As it stands the guardian class had no elite to effectively get out of combat when roaming unlike most other professions since it required a target to "maybe" escape with judge interventions meditation IF lucky enought to have a target far away to aim and still after that it would be just waiting to be caught. Stealth goes away and then you can request a nerf to WB mobility.

Thiefs only get caught if they want to risk it otherwise, stealth and RUN AWAYYYY.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, alteriel valie.4751 said:

devs wont nerf anything!

So far they nerf everything that's fun to me.

Maybe my time has come... to switch to willbender

After all this thread calls for more.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

20 hours ago, Gnomskii.7423 said:

all the crooked players suddenly became professionals in these classes, isn't it time to start nerfing them? 

Crooked? Interesting word choice.

20 hours ago, Gnomskii.7423 said:

I also often see a team of 5 willbenders on wvw , how to survive after them ? I think it's time to reduce their mobility 

There is a large difference between a player that knows a class and a class. If your seeing groups of Willies it's a group that probably tried to get on the hype train. Attack them. If you see a Willie and a lockdown build, be more concerned there.  

On 9/25/2024 at 6:25 PM, Anekto.8391 said:

They have one very large spike on gs and other skills they put all into one dodge window. You can dodge it quite well and the rest of the burst you can escape if you see that you ve dodged their huge burst opener. Willbender has like 3 moves to them. Opener burst and 2 more bursts its a bit more difficult to escape(they start their burst standing directly next to you so getting same distance to them as on a mesmer burst requires more mobility on your part)

you can't kite a willbender like every other skill is mobility... but my point on mesmer still stands especially with spear now it's not just one burst and they can also do it while invulnerable mesmer is top tier right now

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

you can't kite a willbender like every other skill is mobility... but my point on mesmer still stands especially with spear now it's not just one burst and they can also do it while invulnerable mesmer is top tier right now

Just saying mesmer burst is usually very telegraphed if you see a mesmer throwing gs 2 at you you can be sure he will chain other skills into the hit. Or lets explain it differently if a mesmer bursts you down once its way easier to pay attention that hes running a burst build. If he uses gs to burst the opener is well telegraphed! I am not very familiar with spear mesmer skillset and really just encountered a very persistent one yesterday and it seemed really strong he was tanking two of us quite for some time. But mesmer used to burst on gs and sword and they usually opened theirs with gs2 and with sword they had to get close. I agree!

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

I could understand someone complaining about GS burst as you've to pay attention to a purple thing flying at you to dodge the entire burst.

But spear? That's a cool weapon and all, does good damage but GS is so much better.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

I could understand someone complaining about GS burst as you've to pay attention to a purple thing flying at you to dodge the entire burst.

But spear? That's a cool weapon and all, does good damage but GS is so much better.

i don't play mesmer, so i can't go too much into the details, but from what i've seen from mesmer players they seem to enjoy it and it is strong chrono especially

4 hours ago, RazieL.5684 said:

i don't play mesmer, so i can't go too much into the details, but from what i've seen from mesmer players they seem to enjoy it and it is strong chrono especially

Clearly. Mesmer is one of the slowest classes in WvW atm for roaming as it doesn't get perma swiftness almost passively so can't abuse speed relic and it's teleport skills have been nerfed over the years. Range and kite.
Spear is a high damage weapon but it's got very little else going for it, go make a mesmer, equip a spear and find out what the skills do and their weakness and you'll easily overcome it. The usual running through the mesmer also messes up it's ability to use skills and deal damage so abuse that as usual but like I say, range and kite as 90% I see are running double melee so have no ranged option.

As for the topic, both thief and willbender are not very punishing for being a brain damaged moron who learns to use a macro and runs away once the macro is done. Depending on the build they're just completely unfair to fight as you can never kill them and they can keep coming back till they get you or outnumber you with 5 warclaw friends suddenly appearing. Notable mention for all the hero warriors running around with the most boring tanky builds in the world that honestly make me want to fight a WB because at least the fight is over fast.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, apharma.3741 said:

As for the topic, both thief and willbender are not very punishing for being a brain damaged moron who learns to use a macro and runs away once the macro is done. Depending on the build they're just completely unfair to fight as you can never kill them and they can keep coming back till they get you or outnumber you with 5 warclaw friends suddenly appearing. Notable mention for all the hero warriors running around with the most boring tanky builds in the world that honestly make me want to fight a WB because at least the fight is over fast.

I think you're overestimating brain-dead WBs, usually when I see them I change to cele virt build. A single f2 and they just spam every skill until they die.

Thieves on the other hand run away a lot. "Oh no HP dropped to 75%, better daggerstorm away, restealth and come back later."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 9/28/2024 at 11:51 AM, Skada.1362 said:

There is about 100 willbenders per 1 thief player in WvW, just saying.

I have experienced the exact opposite. 100 thieves per 1 willbender on my wvw maps. There are even thief groups vs other thief groups on multiple occasions. 

Also, I have tried the willbender yesterday and I really think that it is somewhat overtuned. With the celestial nerf it will be better probably. Same goes with other cele builds. Some of them were not performing well and only saved by cele, it is sad that they will go into oblivion again. Problem with Willbenders is that because of them other guardian specs/weapons/traits do not get any love from the devs. This should change in my opinion.

ps: There are also builds that are quite problematic but, somehow, are not mentioned on forums but quite bothersome for wvw roamers. However, as this is about thief and willbender, I will not go into detail. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/24/2024 at 6:20 PM, Gnomskii.7423 said:

I noticed that there are now too many thiefe and willbender on wvw, all the crooked players suddenly became professionals in these classes, isn't it time to start nerfing them?  I also often see a team of 5 willbenders on wvw , how to survive after them ? I think it's time to reduce their mobility 

Not enough people are playing them yet. Need more for nerfs. Seriously, that's how it works.

• Like 1

I've been doing well at staying zen for the past year as willbenders kept getting buffed and buffed while mesmers got wierd niche nerfs. But it's sort of crazy how willbenders can completely run me down and still have enough skills off CD to put up a fight; even when I'm using mirage blink, jaunt, shield, and sigil of energy.

Even worse when they account for what seems like half the population in wvw. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, TheCheat.2165 said:

But it's sort of crazy how willbenders can completely run me down and still have enough skills off CD to put up a fight; even when I'm using mirage blink, jaunt, shield, and sigil of energy.

I dont bother with energy sigils anymore. I would just use dodge food and my get a source of vigor buff. And put a different sigil on your set. But you can use endurance regen food complementary aswell and try if willbenders become easier and slowly look if you can shave of defensive options on your build to give the benders more pressure 🙂 

I'm not sure how many other classes can win fights with a cake gun like in the video. Whenever a keep is sieged, I look around and see two or more dead people next to one enemy (that most of the time still manages to escape) for me it was 90% of the time a WB that made that happen. No other class dared to attack a group of ten+ people and escaped.

Your mileage may vary.

• Like 4