any plans for new WvW content next month?

Knighthonor.4061

9 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

any plans for new WvW content next month? Still waiting on new WvW stuff to do and use.

Does „new glider skin“ count?

you can glide in your area.

PS: pls anet make a legendary accessoir in wvw. I don’t wanna do the vision. 😞

PPS: Plush Warclaw when!?

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Anekto.8391 said:

I want a sheep warclaw 😞

I think it would be a little bit funny as zerglings running around on sheeps like the herd that we are! Baaaah

Hmm 🤔 

awesome. Make it more awesome.

give me a goat. And a lama. And a camel.

on a serious note concerning the topic: don’t hang your hopes to high gameplay wise I’d suggest.

1 hour ago, Riba.3271 said:

I believe whole point of World Restructuring was to automate WvW and pull the plug completely. Why else would it still be around? So I wouldn't hold my breathe about any updates.

That's a hell of a lot of work when they could have just left it running as is.  I think you should lay off the kool aid

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

That's a hell of a lot of work when they could have just left it running as is.  I think you should lay off the kool aid

It would have been much easier for Anet to just leave the worlds as-is and let WvW die on the hill of ”server pride” indeed.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

That's a hell of a lot of work when they could have just left it running as is

- They would have still had to do server linkings manually

- There would still be massive population disparancies

Think about it, as a company they cut their off profits by removing WvW transfers, which means that their actual goal was to reduce WvW expenses. WvW for sure didn't get better when they mixed all language servers together.

Also I think you are overestimating amount of work WvW restructuring took.since they just used guild UI and put guilds in different servers. Even if they took years to do it, doesnt mean it wasn't doable in couple weeks.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Think about it, as a company they cut their off profits by removing WvW transfers, which means that their actual goal was to reduce WvW expenses. WvW for sure didn't get better when they mixed all language servers together.

Also I think you are overestimating amount of work WvW restructuring took.since they just used guild UI and put guilds in different servers. Even if they took years to do it, doesnt mean it wasn't doable in couple weeks.

You realize that matching Servers with flat variables of 1 single number, active WvW population, is easier to 1+1 than this convoluted "insert Y guilds into 1 team until every team reaches Z number of players"?
Occam's Razor dictates that Linking, even IF done manually, (which nobody is going to believe you on, unless somebody can show me hard proof that Anet were still hand linking in 2024) is much less work than you think it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• ArenaNet Staff

I have a couple of answers to questions in this thread. It will not be live this month, but we are working on a WvW-focused QOL update to be released in an upcoming game build. We're also continuing to work on the VP changes for scoring that we talked about back in July. We're working on fixing some bugs that we ran into and plan to re-implement the VP changes in the live game as soon as we can. 

I do not have any information on a sheep warclaw skin, unfortunately. (Same for goat, camel, and llama warclaw skins.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I have a couple of answers to questions in this thread. It will not be live this month, but we are working on a WvW-focused QOL update to be released in an upcoming game build. We're also continuing to work on the VP changes for scoring that we talked about back in July. We're working on fixing some bugs that we ran into and plan to re-implement the VP changes in the live game as soon as we can. 

I do not have any information on a sheep warclaw skin, unfortunately. (Same for goat, camel, and llama warclaw skins.)

Thanks. I'm not going to ask for anything specific and not expecting anything being planned out, but I'll ask if there's even just some chatter about what to do with those of us who are regularly blocked out of most if not all maps during our log in times or prime times. It's a similar problem for schedules and limited time players who's log in time lands when all of the maps are mostly dead or when it flips instantly from all full maps to nothing going on and both problems are pretty much beyond that players control or problem solving. 

There's no opt in open world pvp  and EotM (would make a great test/gimmick server) is kind of a feature empty warehouse right now. I actually like the pve in this game but I don't have the time to keep up with it so that's not a realistic option to fill my queue or dead maps time with regularly. I'm sure I can just be smarter about how I queue up and then how I spend my time once I'm in a map, but I'm not that smart. 

I'll gladly take a response that basically says things will smooth out after events and this and that wrap up or whatever. 

Edited by kash.9213

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Sorry to hear scoring different times differently is still on the list but thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Are any of the QoL changes going to be where you stop putting a superstack, a medium server and a "get rekt" server in each tier at reshuffle, and instead put the superstacks at the top vs each other to start?  Or where you turn on anti-cheat software?  Or, do anything about the endless exploiting into things, like T3 structures, to flip them without actually sieging them?  Cause, while there are some balance things that would be nice, these are at the top of the list for most of the wvw community.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

How is this system more 'automated' than Server Relinkings? Especially when Guild Alliances are changing, so they have to keep tweaking the Algorithm (no matter the outcome), even  4 months after the Beta was turned on Permanently?

Most of the links you saw over 8 years, were recycled and the way it reshuffled links over the Server Population status due to the Algorithm they used , made sure it couldn't re-adjust well over time, especially with all the transfers that happened. It was even worse in the EU with 5 tiers, dead links and no links..

Edited by RisingDawn.5796