QOL Requests: New for 2024

You keep restating the what. I've got the what. I don't need you to explain the what. I'm asking for the why. The motivation. *Why* does it bother you that someone wants their title in a different color? I assumed jealousy and you said I was wrong and I accept that bc why wouldn't I, but you have offered no alternative motivation . . .

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

What about the few of us who have God of PvP, God of WvW, Fractal God and GWAMM?

Should we get a title such as God of Guild Wars 2 with special effects and RGB?

Sure, why not? If it makes you happy it's not going to hurt my feelings : )

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Ever since introduction of homestead, I like to drop by in there after raids, metas or map runs, to clear my inventory in peace. It is a quiet and relatively fast to load place.
But each time I do so, I am left with a lot of non salvageable trash item. It always requires me to leave the instance just to sell those unwanted items clogging my inventory.

It would be very useful if Deft Lahar, aside his three purchase tabs, had a sell one, like majority of NPCs, so people could clear their inventory of unwanted trash and trophy items, without the need of leaving the homestead.

• Like 5

Vendors in general would be great, even if it was something we had to pay for or craft like eotn. Kind of thematically out place I guess. Who has vendors in their home . . ?

I'd also like a more versatile crafting station, so I can do regular crafting there. Basically I want it to act like a hub, which I suppose isn't really it's purpose . . .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

it would be great if "Maguaama Jungle" were a region marker on the world map. I tried three different maps (including Verdant Brink) before I found one that granted credit to the WV weekly, and on the third one (Brisbane Wildlands) the second event was bugged (it finished, but didn't seem to give credit and neither a fail nor succeed notify despite that i was still in the area trying to play the event)

secondly, I then went to DE and played the meta, got my weekly filled up, but didn't click the interface--as I was busy trying to help the meta be successful for everyone (it failed due to running out of time). I had thought the WV reward would auto-bestow if not clicked before rollover. It did not. Please either make it auto-bestow, or add a 3-minute warning to get out of combat and claim your reward.

Thanks. 🙂 

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

As did I, but apparently my opinion has caused you much distress. So again I ask you to take your own advice

But dear, I couldn't care less about Your opinion. I haven't ask You once what Your opinion is, I came to comment on OP, and it is You who started quoting me, again, again and again. And now You are trying to turn it around and tell me that it is I that have something against Your opinion, and that I am pestering You, not other way around, and it is I who should stop.

Well thats my lest reply to You. We'll see if You can live without answering it and moving on. Ciao bella.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

What about the few of us who have God of PvP, God of WvW, Fractal God and GWAMM?

Should we get a title such as God of Guild Wars 2 with special effects and RGB?

The dominator track for killing players in WvW gets a unique color

The "win X games in sPvP" also has a unique color - hot pink. I've been debating doing sPvP just for that title but it was something ridiculous like 20K games and the combat in this game is horrifically bad and bland at the same time where it's spam. Abilities don't matter so much as pumping out abilities matter. And I think that's bad design. You want when a player presses a button to feel impactful to the players involved. It's like they kept GW1 combat and removed everything that made it viable, added more abilities to each player and added elements of action combat. It's such a bad combo.

• Confused 1

Chance for RGB titles:

You fill se condary exp bar from PvP-WvW- OW metas  and you have a chance to unlock a random color .

The chance stacks up , but are capped at 50% for each mode (to tenchically you can play one mode , and theres a 50-50% chance to get a color + might be the one you like) . Capped at 5 collors per month

f you unlock Core 1-100% in a semester (keep the map alive)  you et 10x random colors  , while in the other expansions , 3x color (because they are short) . No cap

You can choose 2 colors per yearly expanion , from now on (so keep playing till you find a color you enjoy and keep the map alive !)

EDIT: you can make it by hovering on the bar show the inc meta - HoT miniboss that must be killed .And raiders and their alts  could be guided in Bog queen in the meanwhile . Or PvPers in a boss that accindeally like drakar  when killed , makes us "mad" , or a mid-phase mechanic

Spoiler

(you see old gg , even after 12 years , raiders  try to squiz money and even deny rbg light form GW1 titles , aliniating even the GW1 population . I wouldnt say no to giving 1x raid piece per epsnsion now that people are succefully doing Raid mechanis in OW 😛)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 4

Just an idea. I'd like a feature that allows me to rename my tabs and maybe another feature to move stuff by right-clicking the stack and sending it somewhere else. A QoL update on organizing my tabs in the bank would be super helpful. Anyone else? Any ideas?

• Like 3

Add a "Sell" tab to either Deft Lahar or the Stable Master [Merchant] in the Homestead.
Add a basic Merchant to the Homestead.
Add a Gathering Tool Merchant (like in the cities) to the Homestead.
Add a repair anvil to the Homestead.
Add a beachwear dress-tent to the Homestead, preferably at one of the beaches or placeable.
Add placeable diving-goggles to the Homestead. 
Add a fishing-supplies vendor to the Homestead.
Give us an option to use NPC/Alt-Char slots for minis instead.

I would not mind unlocking all of the above via questing/collections, purchase for ingame currencies or even gems.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Info Text for Bags

I always find myself forgetting what fill priority rules exist for bags of various kinds - e.g. is it Oiled for junk items?  And just what type of item naturally goes into an Olmakhan Bandolier?

Would it be possible to add some kind of fact to the description of the bag (ideally to show on mouseover) to indicate the preferred item type for the bag?

• Like 4

On 9/16/2024 at 4:26 AM, willow.8209 said:

agreed, i'd like to be able to, for example, turn off dynamic events when trying to map compete, as a nearby event will overwrite the nearest undiscovered POI or whatever that would otherwise show.

We need a section for story too since if a particular toon never finished personal story, their story cannot be dropped and will overwrite other elements.

And turn off achievement when I'm trying to do events, if there are several nearby events I run out of real estate for notifies.

Thanks for your agreement. I do think until my original issue is fixed – unlikely as it seems, there are some quick fixes for your issues.
• Do you know that you can change the behavior of the content guide to "Disable Personal Story" or "Hide Events and Personal Story"?
It is the 3rd setting in General Options (🔧) in Options [F11]: Content Guide: [Default]
• If you don't intend to finish the personal story on a character, just start season 1 or some other story post game and quit it: no more active story until you click "➧➧ Continue this Story" , problem solved … until the next map change 😫

Yeah, that whole system, good as it is, could really be improved a lot.

• Like 1

A QoL improvement I would really appreciate is having the inventory UI size that you dragged it to be saved by character instead of by account.

I've bought many bag slots over the years but have focused nearly all of them on my two mains, so that their inventory screen is dragged large. On other characters however dont have nearly as many bag slots, and since the UI-size stays the same, there is lot of wasted space. I spend a lot of time organizing my inventories, and moving the UI to a different size on another character would ruin the "organized" bags I have on my mains. It would be nice if each character you play on could resize windows independent of what you've dragged said windows on other characters to

I would love for there to be a way to 'hide' achievements in a similar way as there's a 'Watch List' so you can prevent them clogging up your Nearly Completed tab. Currently my Nearly Completed has Defend Stonemist 400/500, which is potentially weeks to months of work depending on team. (The absolute minimum is about 8.3 hours of non-stop defending Stonemist) It is by game mechanics on equal level as my Assault Breaker 4/5, which just needs one clear of Battle for Lion's Arch. Both are 80% clear, yet one is severely higher requirements for that 20% than the other.

Having a way to hide longer more in depth achievements so I can see if there are other closer to clear ones would be such a huge help in making the Nearly Completed section much more effective.

Or even perhaps a way to split the achievement summary on pve/wvw/pvp achievements rather than bundling all of them up together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to:

• see the group number I'm part of in non-raster
  • have no cooldown on skill 1 warclaw
  • have no cooldown on warclaw mount in wvw (out of combat ofc)
  • see the commander tag at all times, nothing covering it
  • same with personal mark
  • have a better visual difference of group members and rest of squad but the light hue difference of blue
  • have the health bar of group members be larger than any other
  • have the sniff skill of warclaw returned to what it was before in wvw (or an option to disable the new spam i have zero interest in but covers the information that i have interest in)
  • to rez a downed ally instead of finishing a downed foe when both are in my F-skill rage at the same time
  • have the warclaw jump in wvw at least the heigh my character can jump
  • have the warclaw run up stairs in wvw at least as fast as any player by foot
  • have the cooldown timer of tactics just above the tactic in normal, plain view
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BrightWingedBat.6829 said:

I would love for there to be a way to 'hide' achievements in a similar way as there's a 'Watch List' so you can prevent them clogging up your Nearly Completed tab. Currently my Nearly Completed has Defend Stonemist 400/500, which is potentially weeks to months of work depending on team. (The absolute minimum is about 8.3 hours of non-stop defending Stonemist) It is by game mechanics on equal level as my Assault Breaker 4/5, which just needs one clear of Battle for Lion's Arch. Both are 80% clear, yet one is severely higher requirements for that 20% than the other.

Having a way to hide longer more in depth achievements so I can see if there are other closer to clear ones would be such a huge help in making the Nearly Completed section much more effective.

Or even perhaps a way to split the achievement summary on pve/wvw/pvp achievements rather than bundling all of them up together.

I concur. There are certain achievements in my 'nearly completed' section that I absolutely do not care about. It is a good idea to be able to filter out nearly completed achievements.

• Like 1

ELDER DRAGONS AND THEIR CHAMPIONS

• Double or triple the HP of the current champions (Claw, Shatterer, Teq)
    • Why: The Svanir chieftan in Wayfarer Foothills lives longer than the powerful and massive champions of an elder dragon, and thats just stupid.
    • Additional suggestion: Provide a 5% or 10% "Dragonslayer" damage buff for players who have killed the relevant story bosses. ie: Tequatl = Zhaitan, Shatterer = Kralkatorrik, Claw of Jormag = Jormag. Just something nice to reward players as the current rewards for beating an elder dragon are lackluster at best, insulting at worst.
  • Tangible, relevant rewards for killing an elder dragon
    • Why: Because killing an elder dragon is a big thing, lore wise, and the rewards you get for doing so are the ingame equivelant of a pat on the back and some lint from rytlock's pockets.
    • Suggested items: A guaranteed ascended piece, a unique dragon specific weapon of choice (To get them all, you need to kill them with a unique character to get it), a mount skin of choice or a novelty item of relevance. Give me an endless elder dragon tonic that lets me turn into them, and add the ability to cycle through the dragons once you have killed them.

EXPANSION RELATED

• Living world S1
    • FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS SANE let me skip the cutscenes. If i have to watch the unskippable scarlets end cutscene one more time i might actually consider joining mordromoth, if only to be out of my own mind and not have to witness it.
  • Heart of Thorns
    • Tweak the hero points that require you to defeat a creature. Unless an event train is happening, getting assistance to beat a hero point mob is a pain in the kitten. Why is a champion mushroom , a vampire bat that drains your HP at 25% and a frog assassin that puts agent 47 to shame the required kill for a hero point?! Who hurt you!?!
    • Better reward for killing an elder dragon. See above.
  • Path of Fire:
    • Nothing, my sweet child, i love you. You can do no wrong.
    • A better reward for defeating Balthazar. Again, i am killing THE GOD OF WAR. Why is my reward 3 unidentified blues, some salvage and 2 lame reward chests? Give me an ascended piece, or a mount skin, just reward me with something other than the ingame equivelant of a limp handshake and an arby's $5 gift card.
  • Icebrood Saga
    • You already know what im going to say. Theres two this time, you do the math.
    • Let me slap Braham. This isnt a serious request, this is just something i want to do. Between living world s4 and Icebrood Saga, he deserves it.
  • End of Dragons
    • Again with putting elites on hero points? Who did this, and are you ok? Should i call someone to check up on you? Atleast these ones arent as savage, but you still struggle to do them solo.
    • Again, another elder dragon, but this time its big mumma. The reward should reflect such a kill.
  • Secrets of the Obscure
    • FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS FLAME LEGION: REDUCE THE EVENT REQUIREMENTS TO CONTINUE THE STORY! Half the bloody campaign is farming events, its lazy, repetitive and just plain old not fun. I understand that rifts are the boogyman in this, and closing them is important, but i shouldnt spend more time doing those than doing actual story stuff.
    • I identify as commander. Wayfinder ignores my previous accomplishments and downplays my characters importance in the world: Dont do that.
  • Janthir Wilds
    • I will hold off from whining about this one as its too new and things are still being fixed.

DUNGEONS

• Issue: They are dead. Unless you are with a guild that is willing to help, LFG-ing for a dungeon is a waste of time.
    • Possible solution: Make the exotic armors and weapons blank slates, like the Invader gear. That way i can at-least select the stats myself, providing another way for me to gear an 80.
    • Possible solution: Dungeon specific dyes and mount skins. Just for the raptor, keep the others gemstore, but raptor is available to everyone and would act as an entry to mount customizing. SKIN SUGGESTIONS IN ORDER OF LFG LIST
      • AC: Semi transparent with blue whisps. Obviously its a ghost raptor.
      • CE: Regal looking saddle and decorations. Stolen from the barn, its a fancy lad.
      • TA: Standard skin but give it flower footprint residue.
      • SE: Dredge armor plates on the sides and legs
      • CoF: Normal torso, molten legs, molten footprints
      • HotW: As CoF, except it leaves icicles and blue mist.
      • CoE: Google Dino-Riders. No further explanation needed.
      • Arah: Make it undead. Green mist falling, exposed tiny arm bones, skeletal tail chunks, the whole 9 yards.
    • Possible solution: Legendary crafting required drops for ALL LEGENDARY GENERATIONS. Make it something people have to do to.

OTHER

• AFK bot detection
    • Add a feature to the report function that, if you report someone as being a bot, runs a check on their character. If they are "active" and moving, but their coordinates hasnt deviated by more than 1 distance marker, they are flagged for botting and admin are alerted. Or they're str8 up booted. the current bot detection methods have been bypassed for years.

If you got this far, i hope you liked atleast some of my ideas. If not, heres a crab you can keep as a pet

(\/)-/i-i\-(\/)
It's name is krabby. It bites, be careful.

Edited by Junpei.5463
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

Slughterhouse ..... I mean Dungeon Delves .

Create a contest for players housing , from 1 room to a whole house and 1000 player will be rewarded . It can edgy or mature, or whatever they want.

There will be a mature-funny categorgie also , but it will be for the dev eyes!

Take those houses stack 4 near each other (and on top) and connect them with corridors . And outside all of them whip ... I mean ask the artist to create a paper Castle- front .

For balance load , you have to spent some time in the corrdidors killing bosses or discovering traps , while the story is  Playing CLUE in the whole house.

Edit2: Or a random 6th person will be tasked  to create traps in this slaughterhouse -clue game , while the others clear the 1st room - boss

Edit: or the 3rd map in each expansion from now on can be an underground devlve system , with didden Easter eggs or in the surface

Esit3:  Or Ow housing each  participant in each expansion , that is randomized every day )

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 3

A simple request... emote and not removing back piece? please thanks

More seriously a single key press -- while holding allows you to select any mount or special mastery key on a radical wheel or other simple ui when hovering over and releasing the button. This would reduce the need for me to have 10 different unique keys or a third party mod

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dashizaru.6405 said:

A simple request... emote and not removing back piece? please thanks

More seriously a single key press -- while holding allows you to select any mount or special mastery key on a radical wheel or other simple ui when hovering over and releasing the button. This would reduce the need for me to have 10 different unique keys or a third party mod

https://github.com/Friendly0Fire/GW2Radial

Already exist a mount wheel and doubt Anet can do a better one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What anet urgently needs to improve is the drop rate of the Supreme Rune of Storage. The cost in the shop is extortionate and it is not acceptable that they are distributed so unfairly. There are people who go in 30 times and drop 30 times. anet urgently needs to change something so that it is fair. It is not acceptable that people who converge 100 times do not get these drops twice.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4