How many invul does current warrior meta have in pvp?

Pridedemon.3041

Ok before someone comes here and start telling me to get gud lemme point out strictly that this is not a complain thread or a call for nerf or anything but i am just curious.I am veteran player and been there since day 1. I have all professions to 80, few multiples and warrior was my 2nd profession that i leveled to 80 back in vanilla. I actually played it a lot for fractals and dungeons but my main has always been Elementalist for pve and ranger for pvp mostly. I have been on/off and just returned to gw2 last month after a year or so break (like many others). Last time i played my warrior was back when hearts of thorn launched and only to complete berserker elite specialization. haven't touched it ever since.Now i have seen some bad warriors in spvp and some really good ones but almost all of them has 1 thing in common and that is the astonishing amount of invulnerability up. I mean general invul and not resistance (condi invul). Then they have their long block on shield so i am kinda curious just how many invul they get via traits/skills?As i said i mostly play druid in pvp and this is the one class that i can't kill reliably 1 vs 1 (doesn't mean i lose either but rather a deadlock usually). Scourges don't give me that trouble because i am not stupid enough to stay on point trying to fight them in melee range and fighting a really skilled mirage is extremely rare, bad mesmers are much more common.

There's no condi immunity beyond resistance, at least, not since resistance was introduced to the game.

So, beyond EP/DP for physical damage, there are a couple sources for resistance, shield 5 and Full Counter from Spellbreaker. I guess there's also the healing skill that heals based on incoming damage, but I don't think that's used in pvp.

Basically, warrior invulnerable are in the same place or worse from a couple of years ago, though Spellbreaker added a new one hit invuln per 12s and additional resistance options.

@Ferus.3165 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:There is no such thing as invulnerable warrior. Warrior does not have invulnerability!

Wrong, there is Defiant Stance. I mean it is bad and noone ever takes it except maybe some niche wvw zerg build, but it makes the warrior completely invulnerable.

DS is not an invulnerable skill because incoming hits heal the warrior, DS is a healing skill not an invulnerability skill.Invulnerability skills show the message "invulnerable" or "immune" with each attack.Additionally, invulnerability skills Prevent Capture-Point Contribution.

@Ferus.3165 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:There is no such thing as invulnerable warrior. Warrior does not have invulnerability!

Wrong, there is Defiant Stance. I mean it is bad and noone ever takes it except maybe some niche wvw zerg build, but it makes the warrior completely invulnerable.

Technically this isn't an invulnerability. It turns damage/conditions into healing for a short period but you can be CC'd, the condis still last, etc. I think what Hitman was trying to say was that there is no true invulnerability on warrior, such as Obsidian flesh, Elixir S, etc.

The reason warrior seems so 'immune' to everything is because it has "immunity" to both sources of damage. That being Direct, and DoT. Endure pain did get a rework a while back, making it last for 2 seconds (of no direct damage) but the cool down was halved from 60s to 30s. Berserker stance gives resistance, popping heal signet gives resistance, most warriors (SB meta) run Featherfoot grace in PvP which breaks stun and give more resistance, and a successful Full Counter gives 2s of resistance. The trait Last Stance also increases Endure pain and Berserker stance duration by 25%. This trait also casts Balance Stance, which grants stability and you cannot be critically hit for the duration of the stance (4s) There is also the trait Defy pain, which works the same as Endure pain, but with a 60s cooldown instead. Full counter blocks a single attack every 10 1/4s due to another trait, as well as granting 3s worth of protection. PvP warrior meta also runs Surging runes, which grants 5s shocking aura (stuns upon hit), which can only be used every 60 due to the elite signet. Running demo amulet, which gives +560 to toughness, and can have upto 330 more toughness due to traits.This is why warrior seems like its "invulnerable". SPELLBREAKER has all this, and can still manage to pump out a nice amount of dps during fights....

bunker build is not used in pvp_ nice amount of dps? pull the other oneresistance doesn't cover the length of condi anymore, and war cleanse isn't great.featherfoot grace is considered inferior to berserker stance as it doesn't pulse, so is easily strippednot run into anyone who runs both....its listed here for dramatic effect.last stance is nice but you forefit cleansing ire. and is a grandmaster traitfull counter only gives resistance if you again use the grandmaster revenge countershocking aura isn't invul and is available to everyone.....snooze

@"BringerOfDefeat.9834" said:The reason warrior seems so 'immune' to everything is because it has "immunity" to both sources of damage.

Warrior is not immune to damage. Endure pain has a bug that allows damage to go through endure pain and someone with knowledge about this bug can easily use this knowledge to take advantage.

Warrior is not immune to anything! Bad players will say warrior is immune to damage, but that is because they have no clue how warrior works!I often kill warriors with my warrior because I know all the traits and skills.

given the header, this appears to a salty fishing trip, wiki could answer this better bar the bugsfrom a player perspective, I believe the answer in 2.if you are a power attacker, you will likely run into defy pain and endure pain.both are meta when we 'train' in the guild arena both are in or its not warrior prep.

if you are a condi attacker, you are likely to run into berserker stance and either healing signet/cleanse utility or revenge counter.but again no more than 2. megabane tether is very popular.surging runes are more wvw/WOD and aren't invul or 'invul' or any other nonsense.but I don't think this was a genuine question post.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hitman.5829 said:There is no such thing as invulnerable warrior. Warrior does not have invulnerability!

DS is not an invulnerable skill because incoming hits heal the warrior, DS is a healing skill not an invulnerability skill.Invulnerability skills show the message "invulnerable" or "immune" with each attack.Additionally, invulnerability skills Prevent Capture-Point Contribution.

semantics.tell me how you'd kill someone with DS up? whats that? you can't?you can't deal any damage to them? do we have a word for things that cannot be harmed in any way? yes, yes we do. Invulnerable.

Point of fact is, a scourge can drop all his conditions on a point and warrior is the only class i ever see still standing and can tank THROUGH it (not dodge it). Or maybe firebrand too but it has no-where near warr dps. But i guess it makes sense since warrior is a melee class without any invisibility so they need the survivability to tank through all the blob and still get any chance to do actual dps.

@Pridedemon.3041 said:Point of fact is, a scourge can drop all his conditions on a point and warrior is the only class i ever see still standing and can tank THROUGH it (not dodge it). Or maybe firebrand too but it has no-where near warr dps. But i guess it makes sense since warrior is a melee class without any invisibility so they need the survivability to tank through all the blob and still get any chance to do actual dps.

If you wanna play that game I've seen scourges that kill the entire group in a 1v5 including multiple warriors in the group that died. Its all in knowing your class and how to play it.

@Pridedemon.3041 said:Point of fact is, a scourge can drop all his conditions on a point and warrior is the only class i ever see still standing and can tank THROUGH it (not dodge it). Or maybe firebrand too but it has no-where near warr dps. But i guess it makes sense since warrior is a melee class without any invisibility so they need the survivability to tank through all the blob and still get any chance to do actual dps.

Any scourge that has any sense should kill the warrior that does that through corruption. Sure, they'll survive the 5s through pulsing resistance, and then they're dead.

I suppose the next question should be is it right that any class can sit on a point dumping enough aoe spam of cc and condis to kill everyone?

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

If you wanna play that game I've seen scourges that kill the entire group in a 1v5 including multiple warriors in the group that died.
Its all in knowing your class and how to play it
.These 5 guys clearly did not know that. A Warrior destroys Scourges on the same skillevel. Does not meatter whether running Core or Spellbreaker. Stunlock, burst, done.

@KrHome.1920 said:

If you wanna play that game I've seen scourges that kill the entire group in a 1v5 including multiple warriors in the group that died.
.These 5 guys clearly did not know that. A Warrior destroys Scourges on the same skillevel. Does not meatter whether running Core or Spellbreaker. Stunlock, burst, done.

And clearly that scourge knew hot to play too. The problem I run into as warrior is actually being able to land a hit any of these freaking jumpy classes (yes I know scourge isn't a jumpy class).

@KrHome.1920 said:

That depends on skill level. Maybe at lower skill levels that is true, but on the high end a very strong scourge should beat warrior.

@ButterPeanut.9746 said:

That depends on skill level. Maybe at lower skill levels that is true, but on the high end a very strong scourge should beat warrior.

And that's been my experience, I can't get anywhere near an experienced scourge because they'll melt me at mele and so they just keep pew pewing me down from range, its sad that warrior range sucks soo bad.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@"BringerOfDefeat.9834" said:The reason warrior seems so 'immune' to everything is because it has "immunity" to both sources of damage.

Warrior is not immune to damage.
that allows damage to go through endure pain and someone with knowledge about this bug can easily use this knowledge to take advantage.Oh good grief, the heaviest hitting life leech in the game is traited thief venoms at ~350 damage per strike, all other life steals hit for less. Unless you pop endure pain at 1% HP, you'll be perfectly fine.

Archived