Feb 6 patch discussion thread.

Razor.6392

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@deShinigami.2387 said:

@deShinigami.2387 said:No nerf to Elusive Mind.No nerf to Druid sustain. (Good thing they nerfed Reef Drake though.)No nerf to Larcenous Strike.Adding damage to Warrior Greatsword of all weapons is just a slap in the face.

This patch will do absolutely nothing.

Read. Those buffs were for PVE on warrior only. Smh.

Greatsword Slice: The damage of this skill has been increased by 35%.

No, it was now. Smh

You're getting mad basic autos getting buffed. Again, why are you crying? They usually use two skills to try and kill you. This is actually making them use their greatsword now.

Yes, because no Warrior ever equipped a Greatsword before this patch hit. It's not like Greatsword has been the strongest weapon on Warrior since release. I'm not saying that it will make THAT much of a difference. It's more of a question as to why.Greatsword has and will always be meta as long as Whirling Attack is the stupid busted kitten that it is today. This buff was completely unwarranted.

You guys can't read, those changes are mostly pve.

absolutely not at all what i expected

looks like they nerfed a lot of base spec things and left the elites (mesmer, engineer) that makes no sense?

holo not touched at all also makes no sense but elixirs are nerfed so that kills my engi build that ive had for years now cus no condi removal any more ?

so condi gets nerfed (once again) but mirage still has condi removal with 1 sec cd on dodge? lol

and most of all - no nerfs to spellbreaker ..?

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@deShinigami.2387 said:No nerf to Elusive Mind.No nerf to Druid sustain. (Good thing they nerfed Reef Drake though.)No nerf to Larcenous Strike.Adding damage to Warrior Greatsword of all weapons is just a slap in the face.

Read. Those buffs were for PVE on warrior only. Smh.

Greatsword Slice: The damage of this skill has been increased by 35%.

No, it was now. Smh

You're getting mad basic autos getting buffed. Again, why are you crying? They usually use two skills to try and kill you. This is actually making them use their greatsword now.

Yes, because no Warrior ever equipped a Greatsword before this patch hit. It's not like Greatsword has been the strongest weapon on Warrior since release. I'm not saying that it will make THAT much of a difference. It's more of a question as to why.Greatsword has and will always be meta as long as Whirling Attack is the stupid busted kitten that it is today. This buff was completely unwarranted.

This doesn't change anything, so your panties are twisting for no reason. Spellbreaker already got put in line previously so I'm not surprised the changes were fairly small or didn't really impact much on the PvP side.

With war it just seems a lot of give and take, which is a good thing for this kind of class.

Yeah right now spellbreaker is in a really good spot. Very balanced overall spec.

Playing against a spellbreaker you actually learn how to play the game better, he pops full counter? You stop attack him, he pop shield 5? You stop attack or use unblockable CCs, he uses the shield to stun? Dodge, after some time you will recognize the animation and you can dodge it perfectly, making you better at the game actually.So like Lilyanna said you are just crying for no reason.

@"allias.1420" said:So my first impressions:

• Rev now has a solid place in the meta

Shiro was destroyed. And Herald was the only build the Rev has being able to even reach the "subpar" status. Now I guess that "trash tier" is much more suitable. And forget Renegade: the spec was designed to be bad at PvP. Overall the patch will delete the class from PvP (is not like had any meaningful pressence, anyway).

@Buran.3796 said:

Shiro was destroyed. And Herald was the only build the Rev has being able to even reach the "subpar" status. Now I guess that "trash tier" is much more suitable. And forget Renegade: the spec was designed to be bad at PvP. Overall the patch will delete the class from PvP (is not like had any meaningful pressence, anyway).

Same goes for ele :D Well time to adapt or just do something else. Cause it seems that they dont have any plans to improve classes that are an underdog. All they are doing is buffing irrelevant skills(which are terribly designed, that's why they are not used not cause of numbers) and nerfing actually good skills of class. So with every patch you become more and more trash. For ele it was with tempest and now same crap is going on with weaver

@Buran.3796 said:

Will have to play it a bit longer to really give you substantial feedback on that claim

@allias.1420 said:

@allias.1420 said:So my first impressions:

Will have to play it a bit longer to really give you substantial feedback on that claim

Revenant wasnt in good spot , and they removed quickness for no reasong , its like you would be stripped of your left arm and told to keep going the way you do for like a year or so to give a feedback of is it rly that bad

@Duzik.9137 said:

Same goes for ele :D Well time to adapt or just do something else. Cause it seems that they dont have any plans to improve classes that are an underdog. All they are doing is buffing irrelevant skills(which are terribly designed, that's why they are not used not cause of numbers) and nerfing actually good skills of class. So with every patch you become more and more trash. For ele it was with tempest and now same crap is going on with weaver

Ele in sPvP as a support if played really good can achieve pretty good results, but unfortunately it is not a spammy class that everybody is good at.It was just overwhelmed by a superior powercreep:firebrand.

Now maybe the meta could shift a bit because of firebrand and scourge major nerfs and maybe ele would find a place who knows.

Till now firebrand was like a 10x boosted ele, now maybe it is tuned down enough to open other possibilities.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Ele in sPvP as a support if played really good can achieve pretty good results, but unfortunately it is not a spammy class that everybody is good at.It was just overwhelmed by a superior powercreep:firebrand.

Now maybe the meta could shift a bit because of firebrand and scourge major nerfs and maybe ele would find a place who knows.

Till now firebrand was like a 10x boosted ele, now maybe it is tuned down enough to open other possibilities.

No, support tempest is just bad now and not because of firebrand.

It's supposed to be good vs power with 50% damage reduction but every meta power build can shred it like spellbreaker or s/d thief.

Then of course scourge is just a lost cause, tempest doesn't have spammable mass cleanses. 2 skills from a scourge means you have to blow every cleanse you have.

@Abelisk.4527 said:

How is killing three of the most aids builds in PVP not a change lamayo

Don't these seem like problems for a scourge main. Guess these punches are going to hit that much harder...whahhahahaha

On the Scourge front, I feel the nerf to Nefarious Favor was unecessary. The only problem this skill had was the boon corruption from Path of Corruption, but that got nerfed anyway with a direct nerf to the combination of Scourge and Path of Corruption and with the delay on shade skills. Nerfing Nefarious Favor itself was completely uncalled for.

@Keyba.9570 said:

@"Galaa.8475" said:well....yall should be happy, they killed alot in the classes for pve. what classes are yall going after next so i will be ready?

An statement without examples proves illogical. Please provide examples

Scourge is crap tier in PvE because they balanced what is a problem in the class mechanics with damage nerfs and cooldowns.Mirage lost all it's PvE damage (because they removed the Condi damage contribution on the DoT's and it's just on skill activation).

I haven't played with FB or any of the other classes that were gutted for PvP "balance".

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@"Galaa.8475" said:well....yall should be happy, they killed alot in the classes for pve. what classes are yall going after next so i will be ready?

Scourge is crap tier in PvE because they balanced what is a problem in the class mechanics with damage nerfs and cooldowns.Mirage lost all it's PvE damage (because they removed the Condi damage contribution on the DoT's and it's just on skill activation).

I haven't played with FB or any of the other classes that were gutted for PvP "balance".

From what I am seeing, scourge mainly got nerfed on their corruptions, and 2 of the increased CD's are pvp and wvw only.Mirage I haven't read yet so I'll take your word for it.Firebrand nerfs were mostly their tomes in pvp and wvw only.Most of the other things I see are buffs to core classes or specific weapons.Also there is a split between pvp and pve abilities so I don't see how "alot of classes" were killed because of the split of abilities.

@Keyba.9570 said:

From what I am seeing, scourge mainly got nerfed on their corruptions, and 2 of the increased CD's are pvp and wvw only.Mirage I haven't read yet so I'll take your word for it.Firebrand nerfs were mostly their tomes in pvp and wvw only.Most of the other things I see are buffs to core classes or specific weapons.Also there is a split between pvp and pve abilities so I don't see how "alot of classes" were killed because of the split of abilities.

Sand Cascade got changed in all game modes. That cooldown nerf applies to PvE as well.

Honestly, the bigger change was Nefarious Favor getting utterly gutted when the only issue with it was the interaction with Patch of Corruption (which got directly addressed anyway).

@reikken.4961 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:instead of adding counter-play mechanics to shades... Now not only do we have a 1/2 second cast time

Dude. That
is
the counterplay mechanic.

The cast time, sure, might open the window for counter-play, but the rest? The rest was making the only "decent" pve necro build useless. When they could have addressed the problem with shades easily.If they had given shades the Renegade summons treatment, they'd have proper, actual counter-play, without having to gut the damage of core necro, and pve scourge. It was a crappy patch for necro, and wasn't great for any other class either.> @Keyba.9570 said:

No, only one of the cd increases was pvp only (Nefarious favour).I haven't really played scourge myself, since i only went in to do fractals and check out the festival. But on fractals one of the guys that always plays with me plays scourge, and he's usually very consistent and is usually at the top of DPS. Today his damage was a joke.The split in abilities is not in
all
abilities, if it were, then yeah no problem, but it isn't.

Mirage apparently now is a power build.

And you know what's the worse? The worse isn't that they messed up... That stuff happens... The problem is that it will be another 3 months, a quarter of a damn year before they fix what they broke. That's why its disgusting, they needed 3 months to come up with this? Sure the mesmer changes were nice, but 3 months for that and the barely thought up changes otherwise?

Is balance handled by one dev and a bunch of interns?

@"ReaverKane.7598" said:

And you know what's the worse? The worse isn't that they messed up... That stuff happens... The problem is that it will be another 3 months, a quarter of a kitten year before they fix what they broke. That's why its disgusting, they needed 3 months to come up with this? Sure the mesmer changes were nice, but 3 months for that and the barely thought up changes otherwise?

Is balance handled by one dev and a bunch of interns?

"Fix what they broke" You're funny. ANet NEVER reverts changes, even when it's crystal clear that doing so is the best path to improve the game. That's one of my two major complaints with the company is that they are never going to admit that they made a balance mistake and revert it.

The second major complaint is that balance patches just don't happen frequently enough.

Archived