OP and UP classes top 10

@Aurelius.6829 said:

@pah.4931 said:

@Legatus.3608 said:Sorry but I can't take you seriously when you complain about deaths judgement and mobility of deadeye at the same time

On the one hand, you have an ability that is probably the largest tell in all of gw2, it basically screams at you to dodge and gives you plenty of time to do so. Like if you get hit by this you deserve to get hit for 40k

Then you have probably the most immobile build in gw2 literally it roots you to the ground if you want to use dj

Let's um... idk... let's just be real about this honestly.

I could probably comment on other stuff, some of it was true and some just bleh

Sorry, but i can't take you seriously when you think in team fights everyone is saving up dodges and facetank everything just in case deadeye will focus them.

You're fighting a team with a one man advantage until the deadeye does something and you can't save a dodge? Can't LOS or block or reflect or interrupt?

Bottom line there is not really an excuse for being hit by a deaths judgement. I can't think of any attack in gw2 with a larger telegraph than deaths judgement.

What advantage? Deadeye is up there somewhere shooting at people, he is in the fight. And how many dodges do you have? Can you dodge 4 massive hits one after another while still fighting someone else? And yeah, fighting at the point you clearly can LOS, block and interrupt for whole fight and deadeye can never just switch the target.Bottom line there is no excuse for ability like Death Judgement. And i can think of loads of attacks with larger telegraph: Dragon's Tooth, Full Counter, Grasping Darkness, Deflecting Shot, Prime Light Beam, Mirror Blade, Phase Smash, etc. And have you noticed that nearly none of them can be used from stealth to deal 16k damage from 1200 unit range??

Did you notice that none of those require marking your target first? Lol

To play devils advocate, with the over the top effects we have currently in a 3v3 at mid it’s easy to miss the visuals.

Do I believe deaths judgement is healthy? By no means. It’s just another class standing off point pew pew’ing. It needs the coefficient turned down because there’s no risk for the reward.

The risk is that you lose the game because you're playing a terrible build tbh

That depends. If you’re oneshotting people at mid consistently(you will because they aren’t expecting 1200 range one shot same with Gs shatter) your team is going to, or should, win all fights. If on the off chance you aren’t filling that role... you should play a different class.

Anecdotally speaking... whenever I have a rifle deadeye on my team, I lose. Whenever there is one on the other team, I win. Almost invariably. Plus, I HATE when the opposing team's thief is better than my thief. Man do I hate that (which, again, is almost always the case when I have a rifle DE and they've got an s/d thief who knows his role)...

I believe role is not defined by class but their build, a good rifle DE can support you in a team fight while burst down an important target.The difference between S/D thief and rifle DE is that a bad S/D can still do something while bad rifle DE will just sit there being useless.

Then again, most of people who play_thief _is bad.

Fixed this for you.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Wow you'd figure the way people complain about Scourge, it'd easily be #1 on that list, but alas you have them pegged at #8 (which realistically is about where they should be placed). But hey, lets nerf them more right?

To be fair, everyone in top10 OP should be nerfed at least a little bit. The higher up the class is - the bigger nerft it needs, so essentially scourge need a small nerft.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Wow you'd figure the way people complain about Scourge, it'd easily be #1 on that list, but alas you have them pegged at #8 (which realistically is about where they should be placed). But hey, lets nerf them more right?

To be fair, everyone in top10 OP should be nerfed at least a little bit. The higher up the class is - the bigger nerft it needs, so essentially scourge need a small nerft.

Nerf broken birdi soulbeast pls or it will dominate hard

Druid = Can tank 1v3 anywhere while your team is trying to figure out WASD

Firebrand = Endless condi clean

Scourge = Endless condi spam

Tank Mesmer = The same than druid

Deadeye = With the right traits can instantly OS any scourge pre life force

Condi Druid = Just annoying

Holosmith = In the hands of a good "player" cough cough can be extremely deadly

Warrior = Can chase in 1v1 like a mad dog for 15 minutes

Juvenile Smokescale

Bristleback

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:List of OP (overpowered) classes from the strongest to the weakest according to me:1) Druid - in the hands of very good player druid is unkillable. It can 1v3 all day on the point, it heals for tons, deals moderate damage and have incredible mobility.2) Soulbeast - similar to druid, but less healing and more damage. Still require a very good player to shine.3) Power mesmer - only class who can down in literally a second, from stealth, without you even knowing which mesmer and which one is clone. Faceroll class.4) Spellbreaker - you hit him = you lose. Can't be more toxic for pvp than that.5) Power holosmith - can crit for 10k in one normal hit, can stun for days, extreme mobility, lots of healing.6) Power deadeye - only class who can one-hit you from 1200 range, and repeat it on every single player who comes into its sight.7) Power weaver - can deal 30k damage in 2 seconds, but it is more like one trick pony.8) Condition scourge - lots of aoe damage and lots of barriers, but can't do anything when focused.9) Condition mesmer - lots of condition damage, stealth for days, impossible to kill without lots of help from teammates.10) Power guardian - high burst and high self-healing.

List of UP (underpowered) classes from the the weakest to the strongest according to me:1) Minionmancer necromancer - minions die in a single aoe, minions deal nearly no damage, minion skill are pretty much useless, minions have too long cooldowns.2) Condition herald - low damage, low healing, low everything.3) Condition engineer - low damage, good healing.4) Power non-weaver elementalist - average at everything.5) Reaper - was created to be slow, strong and hard to kill. But turned out as slow, weak and easy to kill.6) Condition berserker - you can either have good damage, good self-healing or good mobility. You can have only one.7) Condition thief - good mobility, but average at everything else.8) Renegate - quite good during team fights, but very bad at 1v1 fights.9) Scrapper - good at pretty much everything, but not great.10) Condition ranger - if you want to be good at anything, then you are forced to take druid or soulbeast.

Oh I see now.....you're a thief, the only class missing from this list

The op is in what you are weak, I adapted my build several times to kill druid, spellbreaker, deadeye and mirage, people need to stop everything is OP, these classes for me so they are Op because I have difficulty killing them and I try to improve and adapt my build to kill them and it's working, try stopping to come here and cry with Op and learn to play with class.

@Rap Tiger.1257 said:The op is in what you are weak, I adapted my build several times to kill druid, spellbreaker, deadeye and mirage, people need to stop everything is OP, these classes for me so they are Op because I have difficulty killing them and I try to improve and adapt my build to kill them and it's working, try stopping to come here and cry with Op and learn to play with class.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:List of OP (overpowered) classes from the strongest to the weakest according to me:1) Druid - in the hands of very good player druid is unkillable. It can 1v3 all day on the point, it heals for tons, deals moderate damage and have incredible mobility.2) Soulbeast - similar to druid, but less healing and more damage. Still require a very good player to shine.3) Power mesmer - only class who can down in literally a second, from stealth, without you even knowing which mesmer and which one is clone. Faceroll class.4) Spellbreaker - you hit him = you lose. Can't be more toxic for pvp than that.5) Power holosmith - can crit for 10k in one normal hit, can stun for days, extreme mobility, lots of healing.6) Power deadeye - only class who can one-hit you from 1200 range, and repeat it on every single player who comes into its sight.7) Power weaver - can deal 30k damage in 2 seconds, but it is more like one trick pony.8) Condition scourge - lots of aoe damage and lots of barriers, but can't do anything when focused.9) Condition mesmer - lots of condition damage, stealth for days, impossible to kill without lots of help from teammates.10) Power guardian - high burst and high self-healing.

List of UP (underpowered) classes from the the weakest to the strongest according to me:1) Minionmancer necromancer - minions die in a single aoe, minions deal nearly no damage, minion skill are pretty much useless, minions have too long cooldowns.2) Condition herald - low damage, low healing, low everything.3) Condition engineer - low damage, good healing.4) Power non-weaver elementalist - average at everything.5) Reaper - was created to be slow, strong and hard to kill. But turned out as slow, weak and easy to kill.6) Condition berserker - you can either have good damage, good self-healing or good mobility. You can have only one.7) Condition thief - good mobility, but average at everything else.8) Renegate - quite good during team fights, but very bad at 1v1 fights.9) Scrapper - good at pretty much everything, but not great.10) Condition ranger - if you want to be good at anything, then you are forced to take druid or soulbeast.

Oh I see now.....
you're a thief
, the only class missing from this list

I don't think S/D is necessarily op, i mean it has trouble vs certain things.It does hurt a lot, but thief was already nerfed this year.

@Styxxis.9025 said:I swear I've killed deadeye with my spellbreaker just by reflecting a shot that hit for like 20-22k just yesterday.

This never happened.

When a projectile is reflected it uses the bonuses and modifiers of the person that reflected it. Which means that a reflected Death's Judgement would lack the damage modifiers from Malice since your spellbreaker obviously does not have his own malice stacks, and I can assure you that a Death's Judgement with 0 malice cannot do 20k damage.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Oh I see now.....
you're a thief

Wrong again. I play condition core guardian.

Oh I see now.....
you're a thief

Lol...like really you're on a class that has 2 very viable builds (2.5 maybe? Power DH is OK) with very different roles and you choose to play utter shit build

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Oh I see now.....
you're a thief

Lol...like really you're on a class that has 2 very viable builds (2.5 maybe? Power DH is OK) with very different roles and you choose to play utter kitten build

https://imgflip.com/i/26jd9h

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

That depends. If you’re oneshotting people at mid consistently(you will because they aren’t expecting 1200 range one shot same with Gs shatter) your team is going to, or should, win all fights. If on the off chance you aren’t filling that role... you should play a different class.

If your deadeye is camping mid nonstop and enough of his team is there to ensure he doesnt get ported to, pulled, melted or reflect killed, his team is not playing sides and should lose.

Also, if there is any non deadeye thief on the opposing team, the deadeye is a free kill because core thief and daredevil both outclass DE once he's revealed.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

Oh I see now.....
you're a thief

Lol...like really you're on a class that has 2 very viable builds (2.5 maybe? Power DH is OK) with very different roles and you choose to play utter kitten build

I am not your typical FOM class chaser. I created my guardian, liked it, and i will play it regardless of balance. Firebrand is boring, dragonhunter is meh for my build, so core guardian it is.

Oh I see now.....
you're a thief

I am not your typical FOM class chaser. I created my guardian, liked it, and i will play it regardless of balance. Firebrand is boring, dragonhunter is meh for my build, so core guardian it is.

Have you tried core Radiance meditation hammer guardian?

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Styxxis.9025 said:I swear I've killed deadeye with my spellbreaker just by reflecting a shot that hit for like 20-22k just yesterday.

This never happened.

When a projectile is reflected it uses the bonuses and modifiers of the person that reflected it. Which means that a reflected Death's Judgement would lack the damage modifiers from Malice since your spellbreaker obviously does not have his own malice stacks, and I can assure you that a Death's Judgement with 0 malice cannot do 20k damage.

Maybe it's bugged? idk all I know is I was playing spellbreaker and during a group fight at mid in the colloseum map I used block when a deadeye used whatever ability shoots a laser thingy [i don't play deadeye so idk their skills] and they got 1 shot by the reflect and I had a chuckle at it. Maybe I was just really buffed up since it was a big clash between the teams and just coughing at your keyboard triggers a buff in this game.

@Kovu.7560 said:I want to meet the Druid that's successfully tanking three decent players.Oh, and lol @ Soulbeast. OP, are you sure you play the game?

~ Kovu

Then try to play pvp more often and you will meet one eventually. Oh, and yes, i play guild wars 2, where Soulbeast is OP. Which game do you play?

That whole response is giving me an "I know you are but what am I?" vibe.Best of luck with your "these are the professions that've killed me the most often" list.

~ Kovu

@Kovu.7560 said:

@Kovu.7560 said:I want to meet the Druid that's successfully tanking three decent players.Oh, and lol @ Soulbeast. OP, are you sure you play the game?

~ Kovu

Then try to play pvp more often and you will meet one eventually. Oh, and yes, i play guild wars 2, where Soulbeast is OP. Which game do you play?

That whole response is giving me an "I know you are but what am I?" vibe.Best of luck with your "these are the professions that've killed me the most often" list.

~ Kovu

which rating are you, because how i read your posts is you are low gold.

@"Axl.8924" said:Gotta love the necro haters out there, asking for nerfed into the ground.

Then again:Its not just the necro haters, but the druid haters, for some reason and then thief haters, which apparently want thieves to do no damage.

Most "necro" haters are just really scourge haters. Everybody thinks every other class is OP, but scourge's bad design is just stupid to play against.

Archived