Guess what folks! Sitting down in chairs is coming!

kurfu.5623

@Leo G.4501 said:

@Airmed.9170 said:Musical chairs across Tyria and a lost rat scavenger hunt in one day...this is hilarious and I love it! :p

Can 2 people sit in the same chair?

No they can't. some Asura was sitting in the one chair in the Aerodome and either went afk or just simply would not get up. It was frustrating. I'm not even sure I got credit for it when I did get to sit down :(

Sounds like a /table flip emote is needed.

That would be awesome! I'd just be going around Tyria table flipping everything I could!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Airmed.9170 said:

@Airmed.9170 said:Musical chairs across Tyria and a lost rat scavenger hunt in one day...this is hilarious and I love it! :p

No they can't. some Asura was sitting in the one chair in the Aerodome and either went afk or just simply would not get up. It was frustrating. I'm not even sure I got credit for it when I did get to sit down :(

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that they placed one in the raid lobby - some jerk is gonna park on it to grief other players out of advancing the collection. I really hope this isn't how it works.

@kurfu.5623 said:

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that they placed one in the raid lobby - some jerk is gonna park on it to grief other players out of advancing the collection. I really hope this isn't how it works.

When you press F you get credit even if someone already occupies the chair.

Eh, a few chairs got missed or just haven't been added yet. There are some bugs, and we don't have full use of everything sitting down yet. And ya, this did pull a dev or three from other stuff. But, I think this is neat and would love for them to make all the chairs able to be sat upon. Even if that does stall some other stuff. I get it, it's a game and people want new content, new weapons/armor, and new stuff. But sometimes, you just need to step back from the grind and relax. Which we can now do in chairs.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Gemnaid.4219" said:How many devs did we pull off of late HoT legendary weapons and real content for this crap?The only answer is: "too many"

While I understand that there are other, bigger priorities, this is still a great addition to the game. So don't be such party poopers, you two. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Gemnaid.4219" said:How many devs did we pull off of late HoT legendary weapons and real content for this crap?The only answer is: "too many"

While I understand that there are other,
bigger
priorities, this is still a great addition to the game. So don't be such party poopers, you two. ;)

Sorry but no. Since I joined GW2 in 2013 I constantly hear how difficult is to do any changes in UI, how modeling some things (armors) is too much, how things are convoluted, expensive or time consuming to be done. Meanwhile, they have time to manually place few hundreds of chairs, make new animations to sit, code emotes for them, even provide new collection and title for them.

All these things about sitting are cute and nice, but looking at how much effort was put into it while the game still lacks build templates (requested even longer than sitting) and optimization is getting worse with every new map, it makes me feel very angry about this whole hype and fluffy stuff they did here.

This was likely done by the Current Events team which is their business adding weird stuff like this. Replacing all chair models with interactive ones really isn't hard since its just adding code to all similar models. Making emotes work is as simple as having the bottom half take priority to sitting and letting the top half do its thing.

This is an excellent use of mount tech. Can't wait to use emotes on mounts themselves.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

When you press F you get credit even if someone already occupies the chair.

oh okay, it wasn't working for me at the time, thanks for the heads up though. maybe it was buggy? happy chair sitting!

@Blude.6812 said:Seriously, is this really the best use of devs time? I guess all other issues in the game have been solved (fishing, driftwood cough cough etc) and they had nothing better to do.

Yeah.. I'm just not getting the excitement over this addition. There's tons of QOL features I'd prefer to see implemented and bug fixes that are needed.. but hey, the developers found other ways to utilize their time.

@Devildoc.6721 said:still can't sit in leaders chairs... so achievement still can't be completed. Now there's an interaction but it tells you that you can't sit there.

The achievement can be completed (I just did). The 'Ruler's throne' part of the achievement unlocks as soon as you press F and get the dialogue.

Archived