Guess what folks! Sitting down in chairs is coming!

kurfu.5623

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@rapthorne.7345 said:April Fools aside, I hope this is actually seriously implemented. One of my long-term bugbears with the game is how little we can interact with the world's props. Being able to actually sit down in a seat might seem small, but it's a giant leap in a very good direction.

Why don't you login and find out?

They need some new camera modes.

First, I'd like to be able to set the vertical camera height for sitting 'independent' of when I'm standing.

Second, we might either need a separate 'adjust camera to character height' for sitting (I don't like it on when standing), or on the sit camera, the ability to set it much lower.

The new setting(s) should also work when you are doing an emote that makes you not stand (sitting, lying down, kneeling, etc).

I'm somewhat conflicted since, on the one hand, I love the idea of doing a sitting on a chair achievement, but on the other hand, this is limited in terms of the maps that offer this functionality. Would we need to screenshot the chairs or chair-like objects in the open world,maps that weren't listed in the release notes , for the devs to implement a sittability function to them? I understand it's a nitpick on my part, but since we're having this discussion, I might as well air my concern.

@Blaeys.3102 said:Only sittable chairs I could find so far are the ones you place in the guild hall. Been running around to a bunch of places looking

My guild mates and I have found many sittable chairs in Lion's Arch, Divinity's Reach, and Rata Sum. For Lion's Arch, try the chairs in the Crow's Nest, the Cave Bar nearby, and the Vigil Bar near the fractal/WvW portals.

For Divinity's Reach try the various bars and enterable houses in Salma, Rurikton, and Western Commons.

For Rata Sum, try in the lower areas, and your home instance, at the top of the pyramid you face when you enter.

EDIT: You can also do some (but not all) emotes while sitting!

Archived