Account suspension discussion [merged]

@Sojar.1495 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:You'll find information about a series of account suspensions in

As someone who isn't suspended and doesn't use cheats or other stuff I will say this and I've said it before:Your company has the worst failure of a business management I've ever encountered in my life! You will see that if you take a look on how you manage your micro-transactions, the wishes of your player-base and now this. For years and years you have this shady, blear and unclear statement about third-party software. Players made dozens of topics on this subject and never have they had a clear and distinct answer. And all of a sudden, you suspend your customers?! You have lead them into this and you don't even recognize your own share in it. I know people used third party software into their own advantage, we all understand that. But if you guys were clear about it at the very beginning, you would never have to suspend over 1500 accounts. What a pitiful mess you guys create...

Oh I'm sorry. Were these not CLEAR enough for you?

Chris Cleary : "If someone wanted to put in the time to actually build real bossmods, that might be something that we could approve if they wanted to work with me."Chris Cleary: "I've gone ahead and taken a look at this (source code and traffic). In its current iteration, I see nothing here that violates the proper API usage policy. However users should be careful with the usage of the Web Browser, as both the storage of cache and cookie information is not secure and persists through sessions. Unlike most standard browsers, Awesomium (the browser that is being used), does not have more than basic protection against browser based web vulnerabilities. As with any 3rd party program, use at your own risk. ArenaNet cannot sign off usage of 3rd party programs, as projects often evolve beyond their current implementation and we cannot audit every iteration for fair usage. All that being said, some solid work here. Tip: You might want to consider throtttling down your match_details API call (1/5s would be sufficient rather than 2/1s)"Chris Cleary: " We have no problems with players using a 3rd party tool whose scope is only to collect and visualize combat data gathered directly from the game client. Anything beyond that scope is still considered a violation of the User Agreement."Chris Cleary: "I haven't seen anything that TACO is doing that would violate the rules set forward with the fair usage of the mumble API"Chris Cleary: "We will give our community plenty of time to make this adjustment before considering any action directly against tools or players that use them. Edit: Tool creators, if you are unsure if a feature you have created or want to create is in violation of these guidelines, you can contact me directly."Chris Cleary: "About 2-3 months ago I asked /u/deltaconnected to take down his previously created Build Templates addon to ArcDPS. At the time it was in violation of our rules to distribute it and it had key issues with it when it came to functionality and interaction with the game client. This release is the result of a multi-month coordination to get his Build Templates addon into a place where I can green-light it for release. Unlike DPS meters, Build Templates is a much more passive user interface addon and thus it could be individually allowed to release outside of the DPS meter Terms of Service rules restriction. If future developers are interested in working with me to create addons, please reach out to me and we can chat. I'm green-lighting this due to the developer's trustworthiness after months of interaction and willingness to add key restrictions and functionality changes to accommodate my push to keep addons away from becoming a "must have to win" situation (WvW restrictions were not outlined in his post, but they are there along with others). In their current state, /u/DeltaConnected 's Build templates are green-lit and safe to use by users (in terms of violating the Terms of Service). I've asked him to run any functionality changes by me before releasing, so hopefully we don't need to worry about things changing in the future in terms of "safe to use". This is officially unsupported, and ArenaNet will not be able to offer any support for this addon or issues that occur due to use of this addon."

I guess the HUNDREDS of Reddit and forum posts from Mr. Cleary weren't CLEAR enough (the irony of his last name and this subject is not lost on me either, lol).

Excuses, excuses. This thread is full of them. You. Got. What. You. Deserved.

Again, I am not banned. And if you find those statements clear and distinct, you are quite dense. But since you already had trouble to read my first sentence, I think it's a giant waste of time to point out and explain the enormous amount of contradictions that are written within those posts. All I see is a disgruntled player who doesn't like people to use stuff like dps-meters just because it has affected his/her ability to leech from pro/veteran people who needed to carry you through content because they DID use stuff to improve their skill. You should work at Arenanet, they need people like you there. =)

Allow me to reply, in kind, good sir!
  1. I'm sorry you lack fundamental understanding of basic computer science, and thus fail to grasp what Mr. Cleary was articulating. To anyone with more than layman's understanding or a passing fancy of programming, what he said is QUITE clear. You lack of understanding gives me pause to grant you ANY credibility, or to post a meaningful reply to your ad hominem attack on me, but then again... here we are, aren't we?
  2. Again, with the ad hominem attacks.... Let's address them, just for the sake of the fact that, at this point, it's all you've got to defend yourself from QUOTES from the developer of the game in question and from someone with a fair amount of knowledge of computer science, shall we?
    • You suggest I'm against DPS meters - I never stated this. Quite the contrary... I am fully in favor of them, provided they comply with the rules set forth by ANET. Mr. Cleary has offered to work with a developer, should they be in a gray area (and those gray areas are actually few and far between when you get down the heart of it)
    • You suggest that I am a leech, without having ever encountered me in the game, knowing nothing about my account, etc. This is rude, first off, and more importantly, is completely uncessary to the discussion at hand.
    • Moreover, you somehow suggest that I am leeching off pro/veteran players to facilitate my experience in playing Guild Wars 2. Well, considering I covered part of this in my latter retort with regards to you accusation of me being a "leech", let me just add that you are quite incorrect. That's all I am going to give you with regards to obliging such a baseless, childish statement with a reply. Knock it off.
    • If by "use stuff to improve their skill" you mean "Hack the game utilizing game breaking functionality like teleportion, speed increases and no-clip," then I would fault you on the former bit of logic there that said people "carr[ied] [me]" through the game, as I would NEVER allow a player utilizing these tools to do ANYTHING for me, as it is reprehensible behavior that is deserving of nothing short of permanent account termination, let alone the paultry 6 month ban ANET has issued to these deviants.
    • As for your comment about working for ArenaNet - while that's a flattering suggesting, I'm quite happy in my current career; however, I do appreciate the sentiment. :+1:

Well, propsfor explaining all that stuff (that's already more then clear to me), but let's think back to my first post then, and I'll quote something you've just said here: "To anyone with more than layman's understanding or a passing fancy of programming, what he (Mr. Cleary) said is QUITE clear".So, after saying it yourself, you really think that Arenanet couldn't have done anything to prevent this ban-storm? We are not talking about programming and coding here, we are talking about a company who develops games for people who would like to play games, simple as that. The clientele doesn't consists of players who are also happen to be professional application developers. So with this in mind, do you really think it's fair the way Arenanet is acting now. I don't know about you, but let me give you an example of how this third-party software is being shared.

X: Hey, you've heard about the new DPS meter called "ARCDPS",you should download it, it's very good.Y: Well, I don't know, my account is very precious to me so I don't think we should download it, even when it will help me improve my skill.X: No man, it's no problem, let me send you a recent link about Arenanet's policy on this.
Sends link from forum with a statement about the ARCDPS version 2.0 (including complicated, vague crapz)
Y: So, they're alright with it then, nice!
Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

I understand what you're saying, but if you are working with people, you should know something about human behavior and demeanor. All I am saying is, that you should be clear and simple about stuff like this, especially when you want to take actions again your OWN clientele! So again and in other words: If Arenanet forestalled all the third-party software from the beginning, you wouldn't have to ban 1500 people. People took the third-party software crapz way too far, and Arenanet has a fair share in it themselves!

I'm sorry. Is human stupidity now an excuse to cheat? Ha! Excuse me... I'll be right back. I am going to go hit myself over the head with a frying pan until I've lost a few million brain cells and then go rob a bank. CLEARLY, this is a valid excuse.

Also, no one was banned for using ArcDPS. ArcDPS uses temporal data... full stop. It doesn't write to active memory, it doesn't write to standby memory/passive memory, and it doesn't read protected memory. So, remind me again, how would ArcDPS get you banned? I'd love to hear the explanation for how it would, as I have provided you a clear and concise reason it would NOT.

And this laughable joke that TacO is getting people banned is... absolutely HYSTERICAL.

This entire "But I only used XYZ program/addon/mod" is really chuckle worthy. I mean, cmon... Let's get real here.

ANET has zero fault in this. They cannot keep track of people making forks of approved 3rd party applications. They covered themselves by stating that they can't guarnatee operational stability of these apps, nor the integrity of these."

That's why, if people choose to use 3rd party addons/apps/mods, they need to be aware of what they're doing, how to do it; otherwise, don't do it. Ignorance is not an excuse.

And that's EXACTLY why they should've been clear about it! Because YES, people are stupid, and there is nothing we can do about it. And people taking the whole hand when given just one finger isn't something new these days isn't it? Again, I totally understand your pov, but In my humble opinion, this could've been prevented easily. =)

Pray tell... how?

By disallowing EVERY third-party program, instead of creating a situation in which the line between harmful and harmless is getting thinner and thinner. Specially with people around that just play games and have no knowledge about this staff. Only a really naive person would think that most people who download third-party software/tools are first going to read everything about it. Although, I guess Arenanet can be naive sometimes. :p

What thin line? See, again, this is a FUNDAMENTAL misunderstanding of what is allowed. And this midunderstanding is simply a player ignoring the available ToS that pretty much lays it out. Reading is fundamental!

If the mod in question gives more data than is available to the player normally, it is NOT ALLOWED. ArcDPS is allowed... it essentially takes snapshots of the same data in the combat log, and organizes it quickly for the player to view. This is how temporal data functions.

TacO utilizes the Mumble API and uses static data to render 2D markers for known pathing, etc. It's an aid, just like watching a YouTube "how to" video, except turned into an overlay.

There is a VAST difference between what these two primary mods/addons do and speed hacking, teleporting, etc. If a player cannot realize that, they are beyond stupid... they're being wilfully ignorant or they're out to cheat. Either way, they don't deserve to play at that point.

There aren't legitimate excuses for this crap. End. Of. Story.

Unfortunately, humanity is stupid. I think you and I got totally different perspectives here. You look more deeper in the programs/tools itself (granted, which I don't know a lot about because I don't use any), while I am looking at this from a business perspective. And I don't know about you, but if this was my game, I would have made a totally different approach (with a lot of things btw). And you may not like this, but what I've stated is a fact; if Arenanet disallowed EVERY third-party program/tool, they wouldn't had to take action on such big scale (which is never good for your company). All because people are so stupid and didn't want to read? Yes, all simply because people are stupid and don't want to read. And of course they should ban people who've crossed the line! All I'm saying is, this could've been prevented. Banning players who hack in your game is healthy for the game sure, but please realize, when you need to ban over 1500 players, it WILL harm your company also. And we all don't wanna see this game perish over simple stuff like this now do we?

Edit: Oh and btw, if you ever played with or seen videos on how the tactical overlay works with for example; jumping puzzles, super adventure box and guild missions, you would understand what I mean by "a thin line". But you are probably gonna keep trying to feed your perspective as absolute truth. Good luck tho, just never startup a company or something (I say that for your own good).

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Last Crysis.1934" said:

Taco doesn't even have a DPS meter, as far as I know. It's just an overlay to help out with achievements and similar things.

boom
advantage
right there

People are reading too much into the "no advantage" phrasing. Taken to that extreme, all sorts of things are advantageous: using a gaming mouse, two monitors, larger monitors, solid state drives, practicing rotations, being on comms with allies, etc.

There's nothing wrong with making the game easier to play. What ANet is concerned with is when people cross the line from "making things easier" to "letting software do stuff for you". Overlays are fine because you still have to execute the mechanics, jumps, etc. But a hack that makes you 0.1% faster isn't, because it does something that no one else could do without the hack.

Taco markers showing paths through things like sab trib mode is imo a cheat and provides a clear advantage but only anet can make that call.If using a radar hack are considered a cheat so should taco markers .. it uses mumble data after all in order to get positional data of you and map detail... both still require you to still perform action s to overcome mechanics but both give you advantageous insights

@Sojar.1495 said:

@"Nezekan.2671" said:I got suspended in middle of fractals and I'm only using arcdps, nothing more. This is unacceptable and horrendous practice, add to that the slow process of answering tickets, its too much.

I already submitted a ticket yesterday but we will probably not get an answer today, and I highly doubt the support staff even work during the weekends. So the earliest time we will get an answer is Monday, which again I doubt we will get an answer. I think the quickest time Anet staff answered a support ticket was 7 days. So its very possible no one will get an answer until 23rd.

Did you now? Just ArcDPS huh? Funny, not one SINGLE soul I know of in game, nor anyone in their guilds, got banned for REGULARLY using ArcDPS. Considering all the people and connections they have to 400-500 member guilds, I'd wager I'm connected to AT LEAST 20,000 players. Not a single one was banned for using ArcDPS.

Tell you what.... I'll make you a deal.

If I get banned in the coming weeks for only using TacO and ArcDPS, I will LITERALLY buy you a brand new Guild Wars 2 account including all expansions, I'll buy you $1000 in gems and I'll give you every single material on my account after my ban expires.

But, if I am not banned for using the "same program" as you, you have to come on the forums and admit your post is an outright lie.

I will GUARANTEE I will do what I've listed here. In fact, I'll even have @"Chris Cleary.8017" ban my account forever if I fail to uphold my deal (assuming I'm banned). That's how entirely confident I am in saying "liar liar, pants on fire."

I couldn't care less about the state of your account or anyone else's. Make your "deal" about my account.

You know my username, therefore add me as a friend. If I was banned with a false flag and get unbanned, which I should be, I expect you to hold this deal. When I come online, you know you have to pay up.

This is a game from the Guild Wars family. Surely (ref: thread title) it should be a banscythe.

I did once see that happen to someone. I was standing in the GToB and someone in my field of vision (but behind another character) had been banned. Big huge figure swirled up, swing of scythe, swirled back down into the ground. Very impressive.

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:You'll find information about a series of account suspensions in

As someone who isn't suspended and doesn't use cheats or other stuff I will say this and I've said it before:Your company has the worst failure of a business management I've ever encountered in my life! You will see that if you take a look on how you manage your micro-transactions, the wishes of your player-base and now this. For years and years you have this shady, blear and unclear statement about third-party software. Players made dozens of topics on this subject and never have they had a clear and distinct answer. And all of a sudden, you suspend your customers?! You have lead them into this and you don't even recognize your own share in it. I know people used third party software into their own advantage, we all understand that. But if you guys were clear about it at the very beginning, you would never have to suspend over 1500 accounts. What a pitiful mess you guys create...

Chris Cleary : "If someone wanted to put in the time to actually build real bossmods, that might be something that we could approve if they wanted to work with me."Chris Cleary: "I've gone ahead and taken a look at this (source code and traffic). In its current iteration, I see nothing here that violates the proper API usage policy. However users should be careful with the usage of the Web Browser, as both the storage of cache and cookie information is not secure and persists through sessions. Unlike most standard browsers, Awesomium (the browser that is being used), does not have more than basic protection against browser based web vulnerabilities. As with any 3rd party program, use at your own risk. ArenaNet cannot sign off usage of 3rd party programs, as projects often evolve beyond their current implementation and we cannot audit every iteration for fair usage. All that being said, some solid work here. Tip: You might want to consider throtttling down your match_details API call (1/5s would be sufficient rather than 2/1s)"Chris Cleary: " We have no problems with players using a 3rd party tool whose scope is only to collect and visualize combat data gathered directly from the game client. Anything beyond that scope is still considered a violation of the User Agreement."Chris Cleary: "I haven't seen anything that TACO is doing that would violate the rules set forward with the fair usage of the mumble API"Chris Cleary: "We will give our community plenty of time to make this adjustment before considering any action directly against tools or players that use them. Edit: Tool creators, if you are unsure if a feature you have created or want to create is in violation of these guidelines, you can contact me directly."Chris Cleary: "About 2-3 months ago I asked /u/deltaconnected to take down his previously created Build Templates addon to ArcDPS. At the time it was in violation of our rules to distribute it and it had key issues with it when it came to functionality and interaction with the game client. This release is the result of a multi-month coordination to get his Build Templates addon into a place where I can green-light it for release. Unlike DPS meters, Build Templates is a much more passive user interface addon and thus it could be individually allowed to release outside of the DPS meter Terms of Service rules restriction. If future developers are interested in working with me to create addons, please reach out to me and we can chat. I'm green-lighting this due to the developer's trustworthiness after months of interaction and willingness to add key restrictions and functionality changes to accommodate my push to keep addons away from becoming a "must have to win" situation (WvW restrictions were not outlined in his post, but they are there along with others). In their current state, /u/DeltaConnected 's Build templates are green-lit and safe to use by users (in terms of violating the Terms of Service). I've asked him to run any functionality changes by me before releasing, so hopefully we don't need to worry about things changing in the future in terms of "safe to use". This is officially unsupported, and ArenaNet will not be able to offer any support for this addon or issues that occur due to use of this addon."

I guess the HUNDREDS of Reddit and forum posts from Mr. Cleary weren't CLEAR enough (the irony of his last name and this subject is not lost on me either, lol).

Again, I am not banned. And if you find those statements clear and distinct, you are quite dense. But since you already had trouble to read my first sentence, I think it's a giant waste of time to point out and explain the enormous amount of contradictions that are written within those posts. All I see is a disgruntled player who doesn't like people to use stuff like dps-meters just because it has affected his/her ability to leech from pro/veteran people who needed to carry you through content because they DID use stuff to improve their skill. You should work at Arenanet, they need people like you there. =)

1. I'm sorry you lack fundamental understanding of basic computer science, and thus fail to grasp what Mr. Cleary was articulating. To anyone with more than layman's understanding or a passing fancy of programming, what he said is QUITE clear. You lack of understanding gives me pause to grant you ANY credibility, or to post a meaningful reply to your ad hominem attack on me, but then again... here we are, aren't we?
  2. Again, with the ad hominem attacks.... Let's address them, just for the sake of the fact that, at this point, it's all you've got to defend yourself from QUOTES from the developer of the game in question and from someone with a fair amount of knowledge of computer science, shall we?
    • You suggest I'm against DPS meters - I never stated this. Quite the contrary... I am fully in favor of them, provided they comply with the rules set forth by ANET. Mr. Cleary has offered to work with a developer, should they be in a gray area (and those gray areas are actually few and far between when you get down the heart of it)
    • You suggest that I am a leech, without having ever encountered me in the game, knowing nothing about my account, etc. This is rude, first off, and more importantly, is completely uncessary to the discussion at hand.
    • Moreover, you somehow suggest that I am leeching off pro/veteran players to facilitate my experience in playing Guild Wars 2. Well, considering I covered part of this in my latter retort with regards to you accusation of me being a "leech", let me just add that you are quite incorrect. That's all I am going to give you with regards to obliging such a baseless, childish statement with a reply. Knock it off.
    • If by "use stuff to improve their skill" you mean "Hack the game utilizing game breaking functionality like teleportion, speed increases and no-clip," then I would fault you on the former bit of logic there that said people "carr[ied] [me]" through the game, as I would NEVER allow a player utilizing these tools to do ANYTHING for me, as it is reprehensible behavior that is deserving of nothing short of permanent account termination, let alone the paultry 6 month ban ANET has issued to these deviants.
    • As for your comment about working for ArenaNet - while that's a flattering suggesting, I'm quite happy in my current career; however, I do appreciate the sentiment. :+1:

Well, propsfor explaining all that stuff (that's already more then clear to me), but let's think back to my first post then, and I'll quote something you've just said here: "To anyone with more than layman's understanding or a passing fancy of programming, what he (Mr. Cleary) said is QUITE clear".So, after saying it yourself, you really think that Arenanet couldn't have done anything to prevent this ban-storm? We are not talking about programming and coding here, we are talking about a company who develops games for people who would like to play games, simple as that. The clientele doesn't consists of players who are also happen to be professional application developers. So with this in mind, do you really think it's fair the way Arenanet is acting now. I don't know about you, but let me give you an example of how this third-party software is being shared.

X: Hey, you've heard about the new DPS meter called "ARCDPS",you should download it, it's very good.Y: Well, I don't know, my account is very precious to me so I don't think we should download it, even when it will help me improve my skill.X: No man, it's no problem, let me send you a recent link about Arenanet's policy on this.
Sends link from forum with a statement about the ARCDPS version 2.0 (including complicated, vague crapz)
Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

I understand what you're saying, but if you are working with people, you should know something about human behavior and demeanor. All I am saying is, that you should be clear and simple about stuff like this, especially when you want to take actions again your OWN clientele! So again and in other words: If Arenanet forestalled all the third-party software from the beginning, you wouldn't have to ban 1500 people. People took the third-party software crapz way too far, and Arenanet has a fair share in it themselves!

I'm sorry. Is human stupidity now an excuse to cheat? Ha! Excuse me... I'll be right back. I am going to go hit myself over the head with a frying pan until I've lost a few million brain cells and then go rob a bank. CLEARLY, this is a valid excuse.

Also, no one was banned for using ArcDPS. ArcDPS uses temporal data... full stop. It doesn't write to active memory, it doesn't write to standby memory/passive memory, and it doesn't read protected memory. So, remind me again, how would ArcDPS get you banned? I'd love to hear the explanation for how it would, as I have provided you a clear and concise reason it would NOT.

And this laughable joke that TacO is getting people banned is... absolutely HYSTERICAL.

This entire "But I only used XYZ program/addon/mod" is really chuckle worthy. I mean, cmon... Let's get real here.

ANET has zero fault in this. They cannot keep track of people making forks of approved 3rd party applications. They covered themselves by stating that they can't guarnatee operational stability of these apps, nor the integrity of these."

That's why, if people choose to use 3rd party addons/apps/mods, they need to be aware of what they're doing, how to do it; otherwise, don't do it. Ignorance is not an excuse.

And that's EXACTLY why they should've been clear about it! Because YES, people are stupid, and there is nothing we can do about it. And people taking the whole hand when given just one finger isn't something new these days isn't it? Again, I totally understand your pov, but In my humble opinion, this could've been prevented easily. =)

Pray tell... how?

By disallowing EVERY third-party program, instead of creating a situation in which the line between harmful and harmless is getting thinner and thinner. Specially with people around that just play games and have no knowledge about this staff. Only a really naive person would think that most people who download third-party software/tools are first going to read everything about it. Although, I guess Arenanet can be naive sometimes. :p

What thin line? See, again, this is a FUNDAMENTAL misunderstanding of what is allowed. And this midunderstanding is simply a player ignoring the available ToS that pretty much lays it out. Reading is fundamental!

If the mod in question gives more data than is available to the player normally, it is NOT ALLOWED. ArcDPS is allowed... it essentially takes snapshots of the same data in the combat log, and organizes it quickly for the player to view. This is how temporal data functions.

TacO utilizes the Mumble API and uses static data to render 2D markers for known pathing, etc. It's an aid, just like watching a YouTube "how to" video, except turned into an overlay.

There is a VAST difference between what these two primary mods/addons do and speed hacking, teleporting, etc. If a player cannot realize that, they are beyond stupid... they're being wilfully ignorant or they're out to cheat. Either way, they don't deserve to play at that point.

Unfortunately, humanity is stupid. I think you and I got totally different perspectives here. You look more deeper in the programs/tools itself (granted, which I don't know a lot about because I don't use any), while I am looking at this from a business perspective. And I don't know about you, but if this was my game, I would have made a totally different approach (with a lot of things btw). And you may not like this, but what I've stated is a
fact
; if Arenanet disallowed EVERY third-party program/tool, they wouldn't had to take action on such big scale (which is never good for your company). All because people are so stupid and didn't want to read? Yes, all simply because people are stupid and don't want to read. And of course they should ban people who've crossed the line! All I'm saying is, this could've been prevented. Banning players who hack in your game is healthy for the game sure, but please realize, when you need to ban over 1500 players, it WILL harm your company also. And we all don't wanna see this game perish over simple stuff like this now do we?

Banning 1600 cheaters isn't harming the game. It's helping it. It's not harming ANET, it's helping them maintain a better, healthier game community and fostering respect from the all the players that suffered at the hands of these scumbags.

So, from a business perspective, banning cheaters is the BEST solution. They cheated, they got caught. Booooo hoooo. Good riddens. As I said, should be permanent bans!

@Nezekan.2671 said:

@Nezekan.2671 said:I got suspended in middle of fractals and I'm only using arcdps, nothing more. This is unacceptable and horrendous practice, add to that the slow process of answering tickets, its too much.

I already submitted a ticket yesterday but we will probably not get an answer today, and I highly doubt the support staff even work during the weekends. So the earliest time we will get an answer is Monday, which again I doubt we will get an answer. I think the quickest time Anet staff answered a support ticket was 7 days. So its very possible no one will get an answer until 23rd.

Did you now? Just ArcDPS huh? Funny, not one SINGLE soul I know of in game, nor anyone in their guilds, got banned for REGULARLY using ArcDPS. Considering all the people and connections they have to 400-500 member guilds, I'd wager I'm connected to AT LEAST 20,000 players. Not a single one was banned for using ArcDPS.

If I get banned in the coming weeks for only using TacO and ArcDPS, I will LITERALLY buy you a brand new Guild Wars 2 account including all expansions, I'll buy you $1000 in gems and I'll give you every single material on my account after my ban expires.

But, if I am not banned for using the "same program" as you, you have to come on the forums and admit your post is an outright lie.

I will GUARANTEE I will do what I've listed here. In fact, I'll even have @"Chris Cleary.8017" ban my account forever if I fail to uphold my deal (assuming I'm banned). That's how entirely confident I am in saying "liar liar, pants on fire."

I couldn't care less about the state of your account or anyone else's. Make your "deal" about my account.

You know my username, therefore add me as a friend. If I was banned with a false flag and get unbanned, which I should be, I expect you to hold this deal. When I come online, you know you have to pay up.

I think I'll just stick to my original proposal. Agreeing to provide what I stipulated, when I am completely unaware of the reason you were banned, the duration of your ban, etc is a bit silly for me to do. You could have just been banned for griefing or verbally harassing another player.

So, as I stated. I will absolutely do what I said for you if MY ACCOUNT is also banned for "just using ArcDPS," because let's face it.... if you were part of this group of bans.... you we're "just" using any old addon... you were cheating. I, 100%, guarantee it.

It's okay though.... I'll just wait for my ban for my heinous use of ArcDPS! Tick tock!

@Anthony.7630 said:An officer in my guild told me that some members got banned for botting. The officer threatened us with guild kick and dragon brand blacklist on the voice chat services on the server.

Dragon brand had a decent number of bans from what i can tell. Any ways don't take the risk and don't try to take short cuts - you will pay eventually.

dont worry dragon band (tho i expect them to make a dragonband alliance), will soon be disbanded thanks to the new WvW system

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

I agree, to a certain extent, with this.

Half of all people are of below average intelligence. If you, as a business, plan on having stupid people as (part of) your customer base, you should be prepared to need to be particularly clear and simple in explaining your policies, etc.

@Sojar.1495 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

Pray tell... how?

Unfortunately, humanity is stupid. I think you and I got totally different perspectives here. You look more deeper in the programs/tools itself (granted, which I don't know a lot about because I don't use any), while I am looking at this from a business perspective. And I don't know about you, but if this was my game, I would have made a totally different approach (with a lot of things btw). And you may not like this, but what I've stated is a
fact
; if Arenanet disallowed EVERY third-party program/tool, they wouldn't had to take action on such big scale (which is never good for your company). All because people are so stupid and didn't want to read? Yes, all simply because people are stupid and don't want to read. And of course they should ban people who've crossed the line! All I'm saying is, this could've been prevented. Banning players who hack in your game is healthy for the game sure, but please realize, when you need to ban over 1500 players, it WILL harm your company also. And we all don't wanna see this game perish over simple stuff like this now do we?

Banning 1600 cheaters isn't harming the game. It's helping it. It's not harming ANET, it's helping them maintain a better, healthier game community and fostering respect from the all the players that suffered at the hands of these scumbags.

So, from a business perspective, banning cheaters is the BEST solution. They cheated, they got caught. Booooo hoooo. Good riddens. As I said, should be permanent bans!

Making sure you don't need to ban is the best solution.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

By definition half of all people are of below average intelligence. If you, as a business, plan on having stupid people as (part of) your customer base, you should be prepared to need to be particularly clear and simple in explaining your policies, etc.

Exactly.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

Half of all people are of below average intelligence. If you, as a business, plan on having stupid people as (part of) your customer base, you should be prepared to need to be particularly clear and simple in explaining your policies, etc.

Oh sorry. I guess ANET doesn't have this in the User Agreement, right?

1. PROHIBITED AND IRREPARABLY HARMFUL ACTIVITIES CONCERNING ArenaNet© Use, or provide others with, any software related to the Game, including any automation software (a.k.a. “bot”) or software designed to change or modify operation of the Game;(i) Use, obtain or provide data related to operation of the Game, including but not limited to:(i) software that reads areas of computer memory or storage devices related to the Game;(ii) software that intercepts or otherwise collects data from or through the Game;(iii) software that redirects communications from any Game or Service; or(iv) software not provided by ArenaNet which creates or maintains any communication to the Game or Service, including but not limited to any software that emulatesthe Game or any part thereof as well as any server that emulates the Service or any part thereof;

HMMMM. Those seem to be reallllllly vague. Oh, wait... they really aren't . Words have meanings. Learn what those are... and chances are, you won't have too many issues.

@Sojar.1495 said:

@"Nezekan.2671" said:I got suspended in middle of fractals and I'm only using arcdps, nothing more. This is unacceptable and horrendous practice, add to that the slow process of answering tickets, its too much.

Fair deal would be if the person you quote has their ban lifted, you pay the guy. You assume Anet did no mistake. So if he gets to Anet and they admit the mistake, your whole campaign in this thread is dead :)

@Sojar.1495 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

Pray tell... how?

fact

@Nezekan.2671 said:I got suspended in middle of fractals and I'm only using arcdps, nothing more. This is unacceptable and horrendous practice, add to that the slow process of answering tickets, its too much.

I think I'll just stick to my original proposal. Agreeing to provide what I stipulated, when I am completely unaware of the reason you were banned, the duration of your ban, etc is a bit silly for me to do. You could have just been banned for griefing or verbally harassing another player.

So, as I stated. I will absolutely do what I said for you if MY ACCOUNT is also banned for "just using ArcDPS," because let's face it.... if you were part of this group of bans.... you we're "just" using any old addon... you were cheating. I, 100%, guarantee it.

It's okay though.... I'll just wait for my ban for my heinous use of ArcDPS! Tick tock!

Its with the wave so its six months and the reason stated is "tampering" game files. But I will message you in the game either way to show you how wrong and immature you and your attitude is.

ANET is world renown for falsely banning people. I know someone who has been banned and unbanned 3 times in a row. There is no MMO where people have been falsely banned this many times.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Fair deal would be if the person you quote has their ban lifted, you pay the guy. You assume Anet did no mistake. So if he gets to Anet and they admit the mistake, your whole campaign in this thread is dead :)

Assuming an ANET employee posts that a "mistake was made" and his ban was part of the ~1600 accounts banned, and that said ban was a mistake, I'll go ahead and buy he or she a $35 gem card, and I'll delete a lvl 80 character on my account of his/her choosing (note: I've never deleted a fully developed character from my account, and I only have a duplicate of one profession, so it would pretty damaging to my account, aka not something I'd do lightly).

Don't worry, I'll wait... :+1: Why? Because these bans were issued under very accurate pretense of a malicious variant of either a fork of BGDM or GW2 Helper, altered to enable fundamental, game breaking "cheats" like those aforementioned in this thread. Not a single one of these "innocent players" is, in fact, innocent. Guar-an-teed.

@Sojar.1495 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

1. PROHIBITED AND IRREPARABLY HARMFUL ACTIVITIES CONCERNING ArenaNet© Use, or provide others with, any software related to the Game, including any automation software (a.k.a. “bot”) or software designed to change or modify operation of the Game;(i) Use, obtain or provide data related to operation of the Game, including but not limited to:(i) software that reads areas of computer memory or storage devices related to the Game;(ii) software that intercepts or otherwise collects data from or through the Game;(iii) software that redirects communications from any Game or Service; or(iv) software not provided by ArenaNet which creates or maintains any communication to the Game or Service, including but not limited to any software that emulatesthe Game or any part thereof as well as any server that emulates the Service or any part thereof;

HMMMM. Those seem to be reallllllly vague. Oh, wait... they really aren't . Words have meanings. Learn what those are... and chances are, you won't have too many issues.

You don't understand a word from what I've all explained do you? Well, you're right yo, Arenanet is and always was totally clear about the third-party software. They only needed to give one clear statement and never made or answered any other posts about it, that's it...Wow, you are dense...

@Sojar.1495 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

Hmm, I didnt say the policies or Chris were vague. I said that a business intending to have people of below average intelligence as their customers might want to be simple and clear in explaining themselves.

What percentage of stupid people do you think would understand technical details about how a given piece of software, as listed in your quote, works?

Remember to never ascribe to malice what can better be described as the result of stupidity.

@Sojar.1495 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Assuming an ANET employee posts that a "mistake was made" and his ban was part of the ~1600 accounts banned, and that said ban was a mistake, I'll go ahead and buy he or she a $35 gem card, and I'll delete a lvl 80 character on my account of his/her choosing (note: I've never deleted a fully developed character from my account, and I only have a duplicate of one profession, so it would pretty damaging to my account, aka not something I'd do lightly).

Don't worry, I'll wait... :+1: Why? Because these bans were issued under very accurate pretense of a malicious variant of either a fork of BGDM or GW2 Helper, altered to enable fundamental, game breaking "cheats" like those aforementioned in this thread. Not a single one of these "innocent players" is, in fact, innocent. Guar-an-teed.

Actually it's not guaranteed until Anet says so. Your behaviour makes me suspicious about your intentions therefore I seize further discussion with you.

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

You don't understand a word from what I've all explained do you? Well, you're right yo, Arenanet is and always was totally clear about the third-party software. They only needed to give one clear statement and never made or answered any other posts about it, that's it...Wow, you are dense...

Any and all clarification that was needed was done by @"Chris Cleary.8017" , with an extended offer to mainline developers to seek him out if they had any further questions and for assistance in maintaining compliance. NUMEROUS posts can be found about this on these official forums as well as Reddit. I've already cited multiple instances of said quotes; I'll leave you to find the remaining dozens upon dozens of them.

Sorry, the "ignorance is bliss" argument falls short, especially when the bans were issued for HEINOUS cheating.

And here we go again with the ad hominem attacks... Sigh... absurd and rude. As stated before... Knock it off.

You know, arcdps CAN get you banned. If one uses it to kick people in fractals/raids saying "your dps sucks", and he/she people gets reported, it could get them banned. If memory serves, that is.Edit: i still cant understand why arcdps would show you another player' dps,instead of just your own. I mean, wasnt that feature expected to get abused? If it would only show your own dps, I would understand it that you try to get better.

Sorry that the apparently lackadaisical nature of group bans drove you to cheat, but thanks for your honesty. It's telling for how these delayed actions affect even good members of the community. Hate to see you go, but hopefully you'll see fit to come back.In the meantime, enjoy the puppy!

@Sojar.1495 said:

Holy crap. Dedication right there

@Ashen.2907 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

Hmm, I didnt say the policies or Chris were vague. I said that a business intending to have people of below average intelligence as their customers might want to be simple and clear in explaining themselves.

What percentage of stupid people do you think would understand technical details about how a given piece of software, as listed in your quote, works?

Remember to never ascribe to malice what can better be described as the result of stupidity.

In the same way that a person who steals from the bank as a bank employee is just being stupid, right? In the same way that a drunk driver was just being stupid after killing someone with their car, right? In the same way that someone is just being stupid when they hit their significant other in a blind rage, right? Sorry, all of those are crimes, and stupidity and/or ignorance aside, they are STILL CRIMES and they will still be prosecuted for theft, manslaughter and assault/battery, respectively. Being ignorant or stupid is not a legitimate excuse for committing an offense. #sorrynotsorry #excusesexcuses

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Actually it's not guaranteed until Anet says so. Your behaviour makes me suspicious about your intentions therefore I seize further discussion with you.

Bye Felicia!

@Sojar.1495 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

Any and all clarification that was needed was done by @"Chris Cleary.8017" , with an extended offer to mainline developers to seek him out if they had any further questions and for assistance in maintaining compliance. NUMEROUS posts can be found about this on these official forums as well as Reddit. I've already cited multiple instances of said quotes; I'll leave you to find the remaining dozens upon dozens of them.

Sorry, the "ignorance is bliss" argument falls short, especially when the bans were issued for HEINOUS cheating.

And here we go again with the ad hominem attacks... Sigh... absurd and rude. As stated before... Knock it off.

That's exactly the problem! There has been WAY TOO MUCH discussion about this. You really don't see how they made it worse by all those posts and topics (on three different websites!)? Common man! (Or woman)

@Sojar.1495 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

@FOX.3582 said:

Downloads ARCDPS 5.0

In the same way that a person who steals from the bank as a bank employee is just being stupid, right? In the same way that a drunk driver was just being stupid after killing someone with their car, right? In the same way that someone is just being stupid when they hit their significant other in a blind rage, right? Sorry, all of those are crimes, and stupidity and/or ignorance aside, they are STILL CRIMES and they will still be prosecuted for theft, manslaughter and assault/battery, respectively. Being ignorant or stupid is not a legitimate excuse for committing an offense. #sorrynotsorry #excusesexcuses

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Bye Felicia!

No crimes were committed here.No one died here.

I never claimed that ignorance or stupidity were excuses. Perhaps you meant to respond to someone else because your post(s) do not have much bearing on what I have said. Hopefully it was merely a mistake on your part and not an attempt at a strawman argument.

Archived