Can we just enable 20 man raids for wing 1-4?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Tyson.5160 said:Training, possibly, but you would still need a reward incentive.

Why? Excuses people have been giving for an easy mode is that they want to experience the story/content and train for specific bosses.

If they want rewards then it’ll have to be something like:

• No achievement/collection progression
  • No legendary insight drops
  • No boss chest drops
  • Reduced raid currency rewards

If players want rewards then they can play raids on normal in the way they were specifically designed.

Yeah forget the raid currency, legendary insights and the like. Throw in a huge time gated stat swap armor set, with a unique currency in there and people will play it. That way you can leave normal raids alone and don’t need to touch them.

@Tyson.5160 said:Yeah forget the raid currency, legendary insights and the like. Throw in a huge time gated stat swap armor set, with a unique currency in there and people will play it. That way you can leave normal raids alone and don’t need to touch them.

Easy raids should get reduced rewards, if any, and definitely not their own unique rewards.

Definitely no on the stat swap armor. They can get legendary armor through the already available routes. I’m also pretty sure that players would then start demanding that armor set to have a legendary skin which is what people have been asking for with the WvW and sPvP ones.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:Yeah forget the raid currency, legendary insights and the like. Throw in a huge time gated stat swap armor set, with a unique currency in there and people will play it. That way you can leave normal raids alone and don’t need to touch them.

Easy raids should get reduced rewards, if any, and definitely not their own unique rewards.

Definitely no on the stat swap armor. They can get legendary armor through the already available routes. I’m also pretty sure that players would then start demanding that armor set to have a legendary skin which is what people have been asking for with the WvW and sPvP ones.

well technically, WvW kinda has one and PVP will be getting one.

What if the 20 man raids gave you provisioner tokens instead of LI or whatever? One per boss per week.

The way i see it this would bring lots if regular raiders into 20 man mode and newbies would could make progress on envoy armor, but would still have to move to regular raids to actually get it

@Tyson.5160 said:

Which is the issue as players don’t get what they want so they’re just going to piecemeal it. Just like with armor obtained from those two modes, people would soon demand for unique skins on the easy mode’s legendary set.

It seems as if people just want an easy mode so they can easily get the rewards. The whole “experience the story” or “we want a way to train” is just smoke being used to hide what they really are after which is an easier path to the rewards.

@Teamkiller.4315 said:What if the 20 man raids gave you provisioner tokens instead of LI or whatever? One per boss per week.

The way i see it this would bring lots if regular raiders into 20 man mode and newbies would could make progress on envoy armor, but would still have to move to regular raids to actually get it

They wont do this because provisioner tokens are meant to be a gold sink or a time sink (if you decide to craft).

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Which is the issue as players don’t get what they want so they’re just going to piecemeal it. Just like with armor obtained from those two modes, people would soon demand for unique skins on the easy mode’s legendary set.

It seems as if people just want an easy mode so they can easily get the rewards. The whole “experience the story” or “we want a way to train” is just smoke being used to hide what they really are after which is an easier path to the rewards.

Have they demanded it yet with WvW?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Ok wait a second here, I advised to leave the normal raid alone. Don’t touch it. I also would give the 20 man or easy mode their own unique reward, for example stat swap armor with maybe the refined skin. Ok so far so good. At this point we are not draining the current raid community, we aren’t even giving out the rewards from Raids, the Envoy still remains as the major reward. The stat swap would be time gated like the PVP armor.

I don’t understand the problem. Where is the downside?

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:HoT metas, yeah. This is however something much closer to Serpent's Ire.

Serpent's Ire also gather the players, despite its higher fail rate.Very rarely. Most time i see it, noone even wants to bother with it anymore. There's sometime a few people trying to organize something, but they give up pretty quick once they realize they won't get a big enough squad.

It's pretty much dead.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Since the rewards would be nil, i'm not so sure about interested players. People would visit it maybe once or twice at most.

Why not give a reasonable reward then?

If they want a reward then they can play it on normal.

If there isn’t a reward, no one will play it, and it would be a waste of dev resources. If it provided unique rewards that not even normal mode offered then you would see people play it.Oh, but that's exactly why some people are pushing the "no rewards" part. They
don't
want it to succeed, so even if they will pretend to agree with the idea, they will hedge it with conditions that will make it certain to fail. And call it a "compromise".

@Tyson.5160 said:

For both collectively.

@Tyson.5160 said:

Ok wait a second here, I advised to leave the normal raid alone. Don’t touch it. I also would give the 20 man or easy mode their own unique reward, for example stat swap armor with maybe the refined skin. Ok so far so good. At this point we are not draining the current raid community, we aren’t even giving out the rewards from Raids, the Envoy still remains as the major reward. The stat swap would be time gated like the PVP armor.

You’re trying to create an easy mode path to get the rewards. Easy mode should not get legendary armor regardless of what the skin is.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

For both collectively.

You’re trying to create an easy mode path to get the rewards. Easy mode should not get legendary armor regardless of what the skin is.

I don’t see the difference between a stat swap reward time gated behind 20 man raids and and the pvp Legendary.

@Tyson.5160 said:

For both collectively.

I don’t see the difference between a stat swap reward time gated behind 20 man raids and and the pvp Legendary.

Two different game modes.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

For both collectively.

Yes and?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

For both collectively.

Hate to break this to ya, but these easy pathways to Legendary armor already exist in pvp and wvw and guess what... they are heavily time gated. It’s in the game now...

@Tyson.5160 said:

For both collectively.

Hate to break this to ya, but these easy pathways to Legendary armor already exist in pvp and wvw and guess what... they are heavily time gated. It’s in the game now...

Then do those modes.

@Tyson.5160 said:

For both collectively.

Yes and?

If you want easy time-gated rewards then do sPvP or WvW as they already exist.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

For both collectively.

Then do those modes.

I already did, I have the pvp Legendary set and I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t do this time gated in 20 man raids.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

For both collectively.

Yes and?

Done.

So now let’s talk about having a stat swap on a Legendary armor set similar to how they do it in pvp and WvW.

@Tyson.5160 said:

For both collectively.

Yes and?

Done.

So now let’s talk about having a stat swap on a Legendary armor set similar to how they do it in pvp and WvW.

There is a stat swap in the existing raid legendary armor just like the sPvP and WvW ones.

@Tyson.5160 said:

For both collectively.

Then do those modes.

I already did, I have the pvp Legendary set and I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t do this time gated in 20 man raids.

Raids already has a legendary armor set.

Archived