Can we just enable 20 man raids for wing 1-4?

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:That would be the easy mode some people are asking for, but the easy mode people wouldn't accept it coz you said no rewards!

As fun as 20 man would be(and it would be fun), Anet might as well go with a spectator mode or have the ability of 5 additional players to be invisible and invulnerable with no skills but are able to run around and watch the fight. In theory you could practice going to greens or running to Cairn’s astral field’s etc etc. and even throw in an achievement for doing every wing and call it “ I was there”. That would remove the people that want to see the story portion and might peak some interest for others who are on the fence about raids.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:It would be hilarious to see 50man sabetha. In my head i see 50 "nonraiders" try it out and 20 of them dies in first flamewall. Think about all that panic and chaos :D

They wouldn't fit in the platform, or would cover it entirely, so no kiter and RIP w/ flamewall xD

@nia.4725 said:

@"sokeenoppa.5384" said:It would be hilarious to see 50man sabetha. In my head i see 50 "nonraiders" try it out and 20 of them dies in first flamewall. Think about all that panic and chaos :D

They wouldn't fit in the platform, or would cover it entirely, so no kiter and RIP w/ flamewall xD

Yeah, but how long would Sabetha really last against 50 people though.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

Maybe a minute? xDDDD

But I'm sure that some people would die to the flak -no space, no kiter. Then a lot of them would die to the flamewall -not enough space for everyone to be safe. Then some more would die to the bomb -no space for the fixated person to move away from the melee safely.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@nia.4725 said:

I think she had more HP in my sexual noob slaughter dream :D

@nia.4725 said:

@nia.4725 said:

Maybe a minute? xDDDD

But I'm sure that some people would die to the flak -no space, no kiter. Then a lot of them would die to the flamewall -not enough space for everyone to be safe. Then some more would die to the bomb -no space for the fixated person to move away from the melee safely.

since there is no collision detection between player characters, there shouldnt be a problem. (It would be generally fun though if they would add it, high troll potential^^)

@sigur.9453 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@nia.4725 said:

Maybe a minute? xDDDD

since there is no collision detection between player characters, there shouldnt be a problem. (It would be generally fun though if they would add it, high troll potential^^)

50 people stacked in one pixel, 50 AoEs stacked one on top of the other, LIGHT AND COLOR FIESTA

@nia.4725 said:

@nia.4725 said:

@nia.4725 said:

Maybe a minute? xDDDD

50 people stacked in one pixel, 50 AoEs stacked one on top of the other, LIGHT AND COLOR FIESTA

"who took my lighning hammer,ffs!?"

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:It'd actually be quite interesting, with slightly increased/different rewards, scaled up boss HP and mechanics adjusted for 20.

The problem with this is, it's actual work to make a complete rebalance. Pretty much the same issue as the "easy mode". Not only you need to make a full pass over all existing encounters - bosses and pres alike - you'd also need to make a separate balance for each and every wing you release in the future.

This is all well and good, if it serves an actual purpose. However, I don't think it does. Yes, it will be somewhat different. But I think it will be just a curiosity which the players already bored with the current encounters will play a few times for a change of pace, then drop it. The reason being mostly the organization overhead. You'd need to gather twice as many people, which will be more than twice as hard.

I liked the idea as it is presented - no changes to mechanics whatsoever. No rebalancing. Because this sounds like it could be done with much less work and it will require much less maintenance. I can't say for sure if the casual players would play that more, but even if they don't, the amount of work involved could be small enough to be worth trying. I'd even give them some rewards for killing the bosses (although no LIs/raid currencies) as an incentive.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"LadyKitty.6120" said:It'd actually be quite interesting, with slightly increased/different rewards, scaled up boss HP and mechanics adjusted for 20.

The problem with this is, it's actual work to make a complete rebalance. Pretty much the same issue as the "easy mode". Not only you need to make a full pass over all existing encounters - bosses and pres alike - you'd also need to make a separate balance for each and every wing you release in the future.

This is all well and good, if it serves an actual purpose. However, I don't think it does. Yes, it will be somewhat different. But I think it will be just a curiosity which the players already bored with the current encounters will play a few times for a change of pace, then drop it. The reason being mostly the organization overhead. You'd need to gather twice as many people, which will be more than twice as hard.

I liked the idea as it is presented -
no
changes to mechanics whatsoever. No rebalancing. Because this sounds like it could be done with much less work and it will require much less maintenance. I can't say for sure if the casual players would play that more, but even if they don't, the amount of work involved could be small enough to be worth trying. I'd even give them some rewards for killing the bosses (although no LIs/raid currencies) as an incentive.

Just throw the same loot that you would get from a world boss and done.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@Mister Asdasd.6194 said:It is hard enough to keep 9 pugs in line without someone leaving after 30 seconds because the group doesnt instantly fill

I feel you in this. Also If ur group fails once, some1 always leave and after the first leaver 3 others follows.

That'd be less of an issue though. Since the overall challenge level will be lower, the interested players would be more and the wait times - shorter.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:It is hard enough to keep 9 pugs in line without someone leaving after 30 seconds because the group doesnt instantly fill

I feel you in this. Also If ur group fails once, some1 always leave and after the first leaver 3 others follows.

Easy solution, make the 20 man raids "hotjoin" like PvP used to be

@Teamkiller.4315 said:

@"Mister Asdasd.6194" said:It is hard enough to keep 9 pugs in line without someone leaving after 30 seconds because the group doesnt instantly fill

Easy solution, make the 20 man raids "hotjoin" like PvP used to be

Yes, but I still want the ability to do it with a guild too.

Archived