Converting Karma into Gold

Buy 6 Pact Supply Network Scouting Materials per day,takes less than 5 minutes. Put the wiki page under favourites, select the row for the daily locations then ctrl+c to copy, switch back to gw2 and in chat press ctrl+v to paste, it should look like this: [&BH8HAAA=] [&BEgAAAA=] [&BKgCAAA=] [&BBkAAAA=] [&BGQCAAA=] [&BIMBAAA=] , except when you post it ingame they will be shown as waypoints. Then check on the "Map Reward" wiki and wait for Week 2. In Week 2 go to Frostgorge Sound (max gold) and click all the Pact Materials to turn them in which results in a burst of about 200g depending on how long you have been collecting.

@"Solaris.2489" said:Buy 6 Pact Supply Network Scouting Materials per day,takes less than 5 minutes. Put the wiki page under favourites, select the row for the daily locations then ctrl+c to copy, switch back to gw2 and in chat press ctrl+v to paste, it should look like this: [&BH8HAAA=] [&BEgAAAA=] [&BKgCAAA=] [&BBkAAAA=] [&BGQCAAA=] [&BIMBAAA=] , except when you post it ingame they will be shown as waypoints. Then check on the "Map Reward" wiki and wait for Week 2. In Week 2 go to Frostgorge Sound (max gold) and click all the Pact Materials to turn them in which results in a burst of about 200g depending on how long you have been collecting.

Sorry could you elaborate on this a bit? Do you mean turning in the Pact Materials will yield mats that are worth 200g?

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Solaris.2489" said:Buy 6 Pact Supply Network Scouting Materials per day,takes less than 5 minutes. Put the wiki page under favourites, select the row for the daily locations then ctrl+c to copy, switch back to gw2 and in chat press ctrl+v to paste, it should look like this: [&BH8HAAA=] [&BEgAAAA=] [&BKgCAAA=] [&BBkAAAA=] [&BGQCAAA=] [&BIMBAAA=] , except when you post it ingame they will be shown as waypoints. Then check on the "Map Reward" wiki and wait for Week 2. In Week 2 go to Frostgorge Sound (max gold) and click all the Pact Materials to turn them in which results in a burst of about 200g depending on how long you have been collecting.

Sorry could you elaborate on this a bit? Do you mean turning in the Pact Materials will yield mats that are worth 200g?

Doing the conversions all on a single day, once every 8 weeks, yields significant money. This page on the wiki gives you the profit from earning the 40 map bonuses you can get through normal play on the map in a week; the pact thing grants extra map bonuses.

Right now that week is worth around 16-18 gold on the most profitable map each week.

OTOH, this will only consume ~ 30,000 or so karma a day, and IDK about you, but I do that without even beginning to run short.

Okay, first of all, thanks to all of you who have replied. @Ayrilana.1396, sadly, I currently don't have access to any of that right now. @Khisanth.2948, I don't gather, I haven't crafted since 2013, I have deleted those characters, and I don't have any of the mats or the money needed to craft legendaries. Sorry @Solaris.2489, but I have to agree with @SlippyCheeze.5483 on this one. I honestly just want to spend all of my Karma on a single item that is NOT time gated and that I can sell without having to do anything to the item after I buy it. Thank you for the suggestions though.

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:I honestly just want to spend all of my Karma on a single item that is NOT time gated and that I can sell without having to do anything to the item after I buy it. Ghank you for the suggestions though.

I don't think there is a year-round option that fits this. Wintersday though, brings the option to purchase gifts and materials with karma.

• 5 months later...

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

Doing the conversions all on a single day, once every 8 weeks, yields significant money.
gives you the profit from earning the 40 map bonuses you can get through normal play on the map in a week; the pact thing grants extra map bonuses.

Right now that week is worth around 16-18 gold on the most profitable map each week.

OTOH, this will only consume ~ 30,000 or so karma a day, and IDK about you, but I do that without even beginning to run short.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand this correctly.

I understand that with karma I can buy the Pact Supply Network Scouting Materials, which grant a bonus to map rewards. Buying 6 each day and consuming them all in one day in Frostgorge Sound during week 2 will yield the most profitable bonuses by selling on the trading post? Is this correct? If not, please post a step by step? :'(

@jezebel.7054 said:I understand that with karma I can buy the Pact Supply Network Scouting Materials, which grant a bonus to map rewards. Buying 6 each day and consuming them all in one day in Frostgorge Sound during week 2 will yield the most profitable bonuses by selling on the trading post? Is this correct? If not, please post a step by step? :'(

That's exactly it.

I'm relisting the steps, in case someone else comes in again with the same question (seems to come up a lot).

• Buy six PSNSM each day.
  • Wait for Week 2 in FGS, and spend them all there.
  • Sell the loot on the TP, at a copper below lowest sell offers (give or take).

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:So, I have almost one million Karma, but there's nothing I want to buy with it. So, instead, I'm going to convert it into Gold. What is the best item to buy for this sole purpose? Thanks in advance for your help.

If you do a jump puzzle in lion arch, you will find a pirate rare weapon seller at the end of it who sells rare weapons for 10k karma... buy and fuse them at forge for either rare or exotic items.. that’s around 15silver minimum per 40k karma ..but you could higher with exotics lol

@alchemist.6851 said:

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:So, I have almost one million Karma, but there's nothing I want to buy with it. So, instead, I'm going to convert it into Gold. What is the best item to buy for this sole purpose? Thanks in advance for your help.

If you do a jump puzzle in lion arch, you will find a pirate rare weapon seller at the end of it who sells rare weapons for 10k karma... buy and fuse them at forge for either rare or exotic items.. that’s around 15silver minimum per 40k karma ..but you could higher with exotics lol

No need to waste time and karma like that.

Just go over to Fort Marriner and buy the t1 lionguard weapons. Only 9800 karma each and no need to do any JP. Any of the other cultural weapons are also the same.

Those are lv40. I don't think they are high enough level for exotics.

Archived