Roller Beetle: will skin packs be retroactive?

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

@Orpheal.8263 said:Rollerbeetles have no special abilities like a Skimmer, you can't glide with, nor stay over watr with them,

Perhaps you missed the part where it is specifically rolling on water? Also, while the Beetle itself is touching the ground, your saddle is most definitely floating

It's shallow water, every terrestrial mount can walk there.

Look at time stamp 1:10-1:11 That doesn't look like shallow water to me. It's not even up for a full second, but that's not shallow. I mean, I'm fine with this being an actual new mount type, but everything I'm seeing still looks like a very fancy Skimmer.

Taht part still looks like shallow water to me but we'll see next week, either way I'm so happy and hyped for this new mount ^^

@Overlord RainyDay.2084 said:Maybe they'll do something like an all-Roller Beetle mount pack. Spooky, Cozy, Branded, Exo-suit, Awakened. That's 5 skins, the same ammount you get in the other packs.

That would be good for people who have all the mount skins packs, but no good for me. I only have the branded mount pack, because it's the only one I liked. I won't pay for 4 skins I don't like just to get 1 like. That's why I think it would be better for them to sell beetle skins in the same style but stand-alone for 400 gems each. Then everyone can buy the ones they're 'missing' (or just the ones they like).

My guess is it'll be handled like the living world packages - by prorating?

Though I'm also guessing that we might have to wait for each package to rotate back in, as they might not have made the equivalent versions yet. Guessing they would have also probably prioritised kourna adoption licenses, featuring lots of beetles, since this is the best time to strike

@"Magnus Godrik.5841" said:I thought the beetle was a reskin of the raptor. We will see. Break out that 2k gems.

1) The trailer calls it "New Mount". Apart from the very first premium skin they've been very clear that they're presenting skins rather than new mounts. Also, a new skin is not a marketing point for an episode.2) No current mount can bust through a wall, nor launch diagonally upwards from a ramp.

@Rasp Sabreblade.5421 said:it will be separate - if you don't play this LW story you won't have access to the mount.

Do you have some inside information that they will do something different than all the other masteries in S3 and in S4?

Assuming you had the available mastery points you did not even need to enter the new zone. Just stay in existing zones for that expack/season and rack up xp somehow. I think you needed to enter at least one zone in the season to unlock the line but that was it.

@Cregath.7628 said:You only paid for 5 skins, not for the Beetle. The Beetle probably won't even have those skins except for it's default one.

Ok, so where is my beetle skin? :)

I bought the spooky pack but do not have the griffin. Even without being able to use one of the skins the pack still made sense to me. So if I bought 5 skins they still owe me one, right? :)

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Cregath.7628 said:You only paid for 5 skins, not for the Beetle. The Beetle probably won't even have those skins except for it's default one.

I bought the spooky pack but do not have the griffin. Even without being able to use one of the skins the pack still made sense to me. So if I bought 5 skins they still owe me one, right? :)

Uh, no? You chose to buy it. You got your 5 skins, not their fault you don't have griffon.

@Menadena.7482 said:

You said it yourself you bought 5 skins knowing what the skins were. So i will say no

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

You said it yourself you bought 5 skins knowing what the skins were. So i will say no

You do understand a smiley face, right?

I haven't actually gone for any of the skin packs as the individual ones have impressed me too much. Can't wait to see what they release for this one.

Exactly why I find mount skins to be the most interesting part of the game right now does baffle me, but whatever!

@Menadena.7482 said:

Nice try. ^^I'll rephrase it. You bought a skin for Raptor, Springer, Skimmer, Jackal and Griphon (not sure if all had a skin in the pack :( ). This does not include the Beetle.I guess you just have to... 'roll' with it...

Why does everybody think it will be the fastest mount yet? Was it told somewhere?I actually thinkg that their special abitilty is some kind of boost that if activated at the right time will break you through walls or jump over ramps...But for the normal speed, I think (hope) raptor will still be first.I sure hope they give us some option to get the missing skins for the beetle. New packs with the beetle at a new price but for those that already have the packs an option to buy the skin alone.

• 2 months later...

I'm still hoping for a branded beetle skin, and still happy to pay for it when/if it happens. The branded skins are some of my favourites and probably the ones I use most and I'd love to have a matching beetle.

@"Majic.4801" said:It never ceases to amaze me how often this proves true:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteridge's_law_of_headlines

I thought that only applied to the Daily Mail.

Archived