Domain of Kourna - Access Key

@Zushada.6108 said:

@"Karaha.3290" said:

I think they should just put the Access Card into the Meta Chest at the end. That would be easier.

Hard to see a 2ft Azure in a sea of mammoth Char, giant Norn, minions, illusions, clones, pets and 50+ crowded players. :)

I must have AOEDd when I got the key the first time through.I completely agree it should drop or be a buff with the others we get.

Press your Tab key. The default for this key is "Next enemy" the description is "Target the next enemy that is in your character's line of sight and visible on your screen. Starts from the target closest to the middle of the screen (indicated by toggling the Action Camera mode), and cycles through potential targets in order of distance from the middle of the screen. Unlike Nearest Enemy, it does not target enemies outside of your screen.

As there are no other enemies near it will select the NPC in the middle of the pack of Players.

The access key drops from the asuran not the golem. The problem is that the first 90% is done before the golem phase. Meaning that if you get to the evnt during the golem phase, even though you may reach the participation threshold to earn loot for the golem, witb only 10% left on the asuran, you probably cant hit the threshold, so dont get loot that contain the card. Note loot threshold is higher than event participation threshold.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Karaha.3290 said:In my experience the Asura champ drops the Access Card, but not the Asura before he jumped into his Golem, rather the Asura who came out of the Golem with 10% hp.Means you have to hit the 10% Asura Champ after killing the Golem.That only my experience but i hit Asura + Golem but not the 10% Asura after Golem a few times and never got the card then.Always got the card after hitting the 10% Asura (enough).

I think they should just put the Access Card into the Meta Chest at the end. That would be easier.

Did a run where I only fought the golem and the 10% asura. Didn't get the card. So it probably needs both or all 3.

Once I am done with the loot 10 times thing I will no longer have any reason to care anyway ...

You don’t. I joined the fight at the golem part with a low DPS character and still got it. I was not in a squad either.

Do enough damage to qualify for drop loot from the boss, not merely qualify for end event loot. You'll need to be there from the beginning if you have a low DPS build.

It's very crowded right now, lots of people are dropping the boss and other things (beetle collection mobs) super fast.

You need to show up early and be prepared to compete with the people who are pre-swinging at the exact spot the mob spawns. It'll calm down after most of the population gets their beetle.

Just the nature of hardcore gamers. If you can't compete, give it ~2 weeks. Though by that time you may have trouble as a solo player with the anomaly event, but even then I think you'll find players who do it at reset for the mystic coin.

Good luck.

You have to hit the asura after she exits the golem and do enough damage to her that your tap counts, if you don't the key won't drop. I've done it 7 times now and 6 of them I hit her after and got the key and the seventh I forgot to tap her and did not get the code.

I feel this should be changed to having tagged the champ/golem since the asura gets burst down really fast and theres always a group that needs ported in because they missed the chance.

@CETheLucid.3964 said:Do enough damage to qualify for drop loot from the boss, not merely qualify for end event loot. You'll need to be there from the beginning if you have a low DPS build.

It's very crowded right now, lots of people are dropping the boss and other things (beetle collection mobs) super fast.

You need to show up early and be prepared to compete with the people who are pre-swinging at the exact spot the mob spawns. It'll calm down after most of the population gets their beetle.

Just the nature of hardcore gamers. If you can't compete, give it ~2 weeks. Though by that time you may have trouble as a solo player with the anomaly event, but even then I think you'll find players who do it at reset for the mystic coin.

Good luck.

That does NOT apply to this particular case. The asura is initially immune to damage when it is running into position. At 10% it switches over to the golem but that also starts out uninteractable(all mobs that spawn immune to damage should really be done this way instead) for a few seconds.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@CETheLucid.3964 said:Do enough damage to qualify for drop loot from the boss, not merely qualify for end event loot. You'll need to be there from the beginning if you have a low DPS build.

Good luck.

That does NOT apply to this particular case. The asura is initially immune to damage when it is running into position. At 10% it switches over to the golem but that also starts out uninteractable(all mobs that spawn immune to damage should really be done this way instead) for a few seconds.

It absolutely is a damage issue. If you show up early you have a better chance of qualifying for credit if you do good DPS. If you show up late and do poor DPS chances are you will not get the card but still qualify for end event loot.

This is more forgiving when there are less people trying to kill the boss and less forgiving when the entire games veteran population is working to get their new shiny.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Good luck.

I agree with @Khisanth.2948 it is all dependent on hitting that Asura AFTER the Golem is dead and that is the quirk of the mechanics bc ppl assume that the event is over after the Golem dies and with all the other trash around they do not see the 2ft Asura respawning. But it has nothing to do with doing enough damage as it does smacking the Asura after the Golem dies. I am heal spec and have been getting it consistently now that I know what to look for.

Also @CETheLucid.3964 I got the Beetle and Backpiece done, it was the other ppl who don't get loot I was raising a concern for.

@Zushada.6108 said:

Good luck.

I agree with @Khisanth.2948 it is all dependent on hitting that Asura AFTER the Golem is dead and that is the quirk of the mechanics bc ppl assume that the event is over after the Golem dies and with all the other trash around they do not see the 2ft Asura respawning. But it has nothing to do with doing enough damage as it does smacking the Asura after the Golem dies. I am heal spec and have been getting it consistently now that I know what to look for.

Also @CETheLucid.3964 I got the Beetle and Backpiece done, it was the other ppl who don't get loot I was raising a concern for.

It's also usually buried in the blob of people. Even when you know it is there it is hard to see.

I suspect this mechanic is in place to prevent people from doing the very first part of the meta and then afk'ing until the end. The flip side is that you can skip the entire first 99% of the meta and focus your damage on the asura at the end, which is not any better. Anet should really make the criteria for things like this always be "gold credit for event = loot at end".

@"BlueMelody.6398" said:I suspect this mechanic is in place to prevent people from doing the very first part of the meta and then afk'ing until the end. The flip side is that you can skip the entire first 99% of the meta and focus your damage on the asura at the end, which is not any better. Anet should really make the criteria for things like this always be "gold credit for event = loot at end".

In that case you have to standardized what qualifies for gold first. Sometimes you can get gold by hitting a mob a few times. Other times you can be killing a pile of things and only get bronze or sometimes not even get credit like Jungle Wurm pree-vent despite having all the champ bags.

@Karaha.3290 said:In my experience the Asura champ drops the Access Card, but not the Asura before he jumped into his Golem, rather the Asura who came out of the Golem with 10% hp.Means you have to hit the 10% Asura Champ after killing the Golem.That only my experience but i hit Asura + Golem but not the 10% Asura after Golem a few times and never got the card then.Always got the card after hitting the 10% Asura (enough).

This might explain why I did the event 3 times (3 sep days) and only got 1 key...

• 1 month later...

kill boss, and the access card is in your inventory. use the card (consume it) and you have a certain amount of time to find the portal that teleports you into the room with the chests. it is in one of the other rooms in that area. Then you have a certain amount of time to open the chests and get out before both rooms are locked and flooded with poison gas.

Archived