Anet pls make the trading post search able to refine by locked or unlocked skins, dyes, etc

aandiarie.7195

I think it'd make everything much easier if we could refine search by lock or unlocked items.I have dyes, finishers, minis, weapons, armors that I have unlocked and trying to find ones that are locked to buy and unlock them is a pain.Especially since the website that helps you with your api is down.

Can anet add a search by locked or unlocked feature to the trading post when looking for certain items?

This would be great.

Currently, the only way to do this is:

• Create an API key (with appropriate privileges)
  • Visit a 3rd party website
  • Use your API key there, and hope that they have a good system for displaying which skins you need.
  • Return to the game and put in your offers.

FYI my favorite 3rd party site for this is:http://immortius.net.au/guaranteed-wardrobe-unlock/

It allows you to sort by price, filter by currency, and include a cutoff price (e.g. show all the skins I can unlock for 1g or less) and how much it would cost to unlock them all. On the minus side, it lacks the TP interface of GW2 Efficiency and GW2 BLTC.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. On occasion, I like to go in and see what skins are locked and If I can spend a silver or 2, I'll buy and salvage just to add more skins to my library. It would be so awesome to be able to filter out locked and unlocked so I can easily decide what I may randomly buy.

C

@Robban.1256 said:Hello, i reccomend https://gw2efficiency.com/ its a:Full account overview with account value, characters inventories, currencies etc. Also has recipes for crafting, worldboss timer, node overview for gathering and more. requires API key from your account for the account overview.

Yeah, that's a great site, but searching for unlocks individually on the TP is a PITA. Not to mention search results include way too many outside of what you even want. Once you sort by price, you often get loads of unlocked stuff and have to scroll and scroll before you actually get to the cheapest item you're actually looking for.

@kin korn karn.9023 said:

@Robban.1256 said:Hello, i reccomend
its a:Full account overview with account value, characters inventories, currencies etc. Also has recipes for crafting, worldboss timer, node overview for gathering and more. requires API key from your account for the account overview.

Yeah, that's a great site, but searching for unlocks individually on the TP is a PITA. Not to mention search results include way too many outside of what you even want. Once you sort by price, you often get loads of unlocked stuff and have to scroll and scroll before you actually get to the cheapest item you're actually looking for.

Tips go to account- wardrobe. ( https://gw2efficiency.com/account/wardrobe) in that way its easier plus you can like sort out by what, to show all/unlocked/locked skins an by type= weapon/armor/back, also by subtype, weight class, Acquisition(all/gold/gems/other), and Order by(name/value (asc)/ value (desc).

So go not to the tp page on gw2effiency if you looking for skins/dyes/mini/recipe go to the account page instead

@Donari.5237 said:I'd love this too. I worry, however, that the TP would take forever to load if it had to compare each and every item on offer to each player's account each time the TP is opened.

It really wouldn't.You're not automatically loading the TP without these things.It's a refined search.It's the same situation as "does this item have precision or not".

@Kingkiller.9645 said:

@Donari.5237 said:I'd love this too. I worry, however, that the TP would take forever to load if it had to compare each and every item on offer to each player's account each time the TP is opened.

It really wouldn't.You're not automatically loading the TP without these things.It's a refined search.It's the same situation as "does this item have precision or not".

Also, I would imagine that all this data is stored in a relational database and adding an extra left outer join to the player-unlocks table in the query which retrieves the TP items shouldn't noticeably affect performance - hypothetically. Or an inner join if you want to filter the results by whether the player has the item unlocked. Databases and data-mining are a big part of my work so I know how I would do this, but, of course, I don't know how their system works and this is just speculation. And a little bit of hope, because this is a feature I want too.

• 1 year later...

@Elcoyote solitaire.9052 said:Press H > equipment tab > Dyes > sort by set ... now you have all locked dyes at the bottom of every category and you can right click them to find on TP. I don't know if that helps you.

Above advice is the best thus far given how much flexibility players have in the game.

Though more filtering option suggested by the original requester/poster would be even more helpful.