Where are the rewards for Weekend Boss Bonanza?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Gemnaid.4219 said:

@Gemnaid.4219 said:You’ve been tricked either way. Crappy rewards.

They told us exactly what we'd be getting . . .

Yeah. And you still fell for it.

Fell for what, though? I mean, I did three or four boss blitz events, which is what I probably would have done even if the community event didn't happen. So, I got extra rewards for doing what I was going to already be doing, and I was informed of what those rewards would be ahead of time.

Both my mails said they were a replacement, so I guess I actually did miss the first one? It also I had to log on to the toon that participated to take the rewards but that wasn't the case . . .

Anyway, it's 50 boosters for doing my festival dailies, more than doubles what I had before. I'll def take it :)

@Taygus.4571 said:

@Arya.3841 said:My friend got the message twice... Only once for me. So weird.

the twice rewards are for tbe first 5k bosses and then the 2,5k more bosses they added to the event.

But they added more after that as well so it wasnt that. The first mail contains the cumulative total of all three incentive tiers. The second mail is a likely bug, just a favourable one

• ArenaNet Staff

Looks like folks got their rewards, either as a double-send in the initial transmission, or with a follow-up later in the date. (The second send happened about 3 PM Pacific Time yesterday.)

I enjoyed what I got, and had a blast at the event. It was nice to see so many people jumping into the Boss Blitz, and I hope we'll have more of these in the future.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Looks like folks got their rewards, either as a double-send in the initial transmission, or with a follow-up later in the date. (The second send happened about 3 PM Pacific Time yesterday.)FWIW Yesterday, a few folks in /map reported getting triple in the initial "transmission."

I believe that would not be accurate. We can see the transmittal data, and could pull the account information to enable us to fill in the blanks for those who did not receive the double transmission. There's nothing to point to anyone really getting a third distribution. (I can pass this along, but again... I don't think so. ;) )

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Looks like folks got their rewards, either as a double-send in the initial transmission, or with a follow-up later in the date. (The second send happened about 3 PM Pacific Time yesterday.)FWIW Yesterday, a few folks in /map reported getting triple in the initial "transmission."

I believe that would not be accurate. We can see the transmittal data, and could pull the account information to enable us to fill in the blanks for those who did not receive the double transmission. There's nothing to point to anyone really getting a third distribution. (I can pass this along, but again... I don't
think
so. ;) )

Right, it seemed unlikely to me, too. But I figure: you'd rather hear about the report than not. I should have qualified the qualifier better to make that more clear.(More likely: someone was trolling, based on seeing folks upset about hearing about a double reward when they hadn't yet received their first mail.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Looks like folks got their rewards, either as a double-send in the initial transmission, or with a follow-up later in the date. (The second send happened about 3 PM Pacific Time yesterday.)FWIW Yesterday, a few folks in /map reported getting triple in the initial "transmission."

I believe that would not be accurate. We can see the transmittal data, and could pull the account information to enable us to fill in the blanks for those who did not receive the double transmission. There's nothing to point to anyone really getting a third distribution. (I can pass this along, but again... I don't
think
so. ;) )

Right, it seemed unlikely to me, too. But I figure: you'd rather hear about the report than not. I should have qualified the qualifier better to make that more clear.(More likely: someone was trolling, based on seeing folks upset about hearing about a double reward when they hadn't yet received their first mail.)

Yeah I only saw one person putting that out yesterday before the second mails landed so I would agree, just trolling for effect.Either way I am happy with the rewards, mostly trash as it was but all trash has a value, and the second reward did pull a couple of higher priced pieces of trash :)Of course many of us forget, this was a bonus. The events themselves were rewarded on completion so no one loses, everyone wins.. twice :)

• ArenaNet Staff

@Aguire.1583 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:You guys -- trolling? That
never
happens! :D :D

Four Winds event finished, what about Festival of the Four Winds Black Lion chests? Still same this week yet? Will there be no changes this today/tomorrow?

Hi,

The Black Lion Chest changes come only on build days, and not during non-build weeks. That's not to say they change every time we do a game update, but that would be the only window in which we would change them. So no changes are planned for this week.

@Aguire.1583 said:Four Winds event finished, what about Festival of the Four Winds Black Lion chests? Still same this week yet? Will there be no changes this today/tomorrow?

tl;dr It's only been 21 since the last change, so it's bound to be at least a week more, as the most frequent duration of a seasonal BL chest is 28 days.

Since the first 'seasonal' BL chest was introduced (October 2016), there have been 18 different sets of contents. As @Gaile Gray.6029 says, each new one appeared on a scheduled release day (although there were several that did not come with a change to the chest). On average, the time between changes is 37 days and the median is 30 days (half were less, half too longer). Three chests lasted under four weeks and 5 lasted at least seven weeks. From Wintersday til now, the chests remained for 28 days, except when A Bug in the System was late and during the slow content period leading up to the delayed Long Live the Lich.

The 21st of August will be 28 days since the last change, so that's the earliest I'd expect.

Archived