Lets talk about Superior Sigil of Bloodlust

Evil.1580

@"Ubi.4136" said:Yes, the OP is either trolling or just doesn't understand. You can gain 1 stacking bonus while you have the weapon equipped. 7 of 9 classes can have 2 weapon sets equipped, and can swap them without losing the stacking bonus (because they are still equipped). You only gain stacks while the weapon set with the sigil is "active" , and you don't lose them swapping because the sigil weapon in still equipped. But, you can only have 1 stacking bonus, so + power or + condition etc. You can't have bloodlust on 1 weapon set, and concentration on the other and earn both stacks. Whichever sigil gets a stack first will prevent the other stack from happening.

What you are basically saying is that the 250 power from the sigil doesn't count as the sigil effect but separate effect. And the only sigil effect is to gain these stacks?Because, the 250 power is basically the sigil effect too, not only the way you gain them."Sigils have a variety of effects, such as attacks which trigger on critical hits, and attribute bonuses which increase as the player kills more enemies without being downed or switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil."Here is the proof that the attribute bonus of 250 power is the actual sigil effect, which is further explained that must be removed if you switch to a weapon set which lacks the sigil.unequipped =/= switchedand switching = swapping: "Weapon swap is the mechanic of switching between the two equipped weapon sets."

And 2+2= 4

Seems like you do not understand?

What I do not understand is this:Why some people agree that it is not fair, why we have the explanations of how it should work right here (and is clearly different from how it works), and why you do not agree that it should be changed?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Crazy.6029 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Currently, professions which can swap weapons can put the sigil in their secondary weapon set, build the 25 stacks and keep these stacks while playing with their primary weapon/s.This makes their primary weapons benefit from 3 sigil effects.How is this balanced and fair compared to professions which can't swap weapons, like the ele?

To answer your question, it is kinda not fair. An ele can just put 1 or 2 ( including aquatic weapon) sigil of bloodlust in and will benefit from the sigil through all its attunements. Where as other classes will have to purchase or find other means to equip up to three (primary, secondary and aquatic) in order to maintain bloodlust stacks. So, yeah...that isn't fair to classes that wield more than one weapon. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Anet should immediately change this to make fair for other classes not wielding a single weapon so that they will be able to maintain stacks of bloodlust with only 1 Sigil of Bloodlust just like an ele . :)

You dont have to equip a bloodlust sigil in all 3 weapons, one weapon and one aquatic are enough to have the sigil for the bonus to stay when you enter water. You either equip your main hand weapon or the off hand weapon and the aquatic one with the sigil. So you still need two.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Meanwhile, explain this:"Sigils have a variety of effects, such as attacks which trigger on critical hits, and attribute bonuses which increase as the player kills more enemies without being downed or switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil."

Easy. Weapon set here is land or aquatic. Yes, the wording is not great but that's how it works. You have bloodlust on your land weapon and gain stacks. You go underwater:1) You have a underwater weapon with bloodlust -> you keep the stacks.2) You don't have a underwater weapon with bloodlust -> you lose the stacks.Choosing the word weapon set for both (main set/off set and land/aquatic) is not optimal. I agree with you on that.

Also, I ask you: Will you share the outcome of the ticket? I mean regardless what answer you get? Also if they say (what I think they will): It's working as intented.

@Schnuschnu.9857 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Meanwhile, explain this:"Sigils have a variety of effects, such as attacks which trigger on critical hits, and attribute bonuses which increase as the player kills more enemies without being downed or switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil."

Easy. Weapon set here is land or aquatic. Yes, the wording is not great but that's how it works. You have bloodlust on your land weapon and gain stacks. You go underwater:1) You have a underwater weapon with bloodlust -> you keep the stacks.2) You don't have a underwater weapon with bloodlust -> you lose the stacks.Choosing the word weapon set for both (main set/off set and land/aquatic) is not optimal. I agree with you on that.

Also, I ask you: Will you share the outcome of the ticket? I mean regardless what answer you get? Also if they say (what I think they will): It's working as intented.

Stop speculating... I haven't ever said anything about the wording for you to agree with that. Should I give you a definition of what a weapon set is, also? It is kinda pointless, don't you think? Of course, I will share the outcome of the ticket. I am here for the change, not to defend my ego. What will happen decided only ANet. If they see the things as I see them - some professions play with handicap, they will change it. If they don't - I move on.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I wonder how useful a stacking sigil would be if its effects were lost upon swapping weapons.

They don't have to lose the stacks, but the bonus should affect only the weapon set where the sigil is.

Gain up to 25 stacks of an effect that grants an attribute bonus per stack or grants a bonus when you reach the maximum amount of stacks. On-kill sigils gain 5 stacks upon killing an enemy player in all areas of the game. You can only have one attribute stacking bonus at a time, but as many bonus-with-final-stack sigils as feasible. The bonus is lost when you are downed, when you travel to a different zone, or when you unequip the weapon. Unequip includes switching to and from underwater weapons while not having the identical sigil in the weapon sets that you start using (this means player only need 2 same sigils to keep the stack; 1 sigil on any land weapon, the other on any underwater weapon).

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil#On_kill

Rearranging or equipping a different set of weapons is not the same as swapping.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_swap#Notes

Unless you can find where it’s specifically stated that bloodlust stacks are to be removed on weapon swap, I don’t see you having any ground with your stance.

We’ve been able to keep bloodlust stacks upon weapon swap since the game launched and it remained even after the sigil changes in 2014 where people used to be able to unequip the weapon entirely. Do you really think that the devs were not aware of this over the past six years and when they were making those changes? That you’re somehow the first one that had noticed this?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Stop speculating... I haven't ever said anything about the wording for you to agree with that. Should I give you a definition of what a weapon set is, also? It is kinda pointless, don't you think? Of course, I will share the outcome of the ticket. I am here for the change, not to defend my ego. What will happen decided only ANet. If they see the things as I see them - some professions play with handicap, they will change it. If they don't - I move on.

Well, I'm not speculating. This is how it has worked for over 6 years. There was a sigil update in the past, their were reworked for PvP and the under water combat was reworked. It is highly unlikely that the stack sigil interaction with other weapon sets and underwater weapons is an oversight. That's why I thought you mentioning the quote was because the wording is strange. I didn't think you would take it literally because it's more than unlikely to support your argument.I see some of your points, I just don't think that the sigil is the problem. It's a class problem. Like I said, some classes can actually get away with one weapon set because of their disengage potential. For Engi and Ele the problem is that their additional skills (via attunments or kits) should make up for this with flexibility but well... they don't.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Threads like this is why you're better off just playing the game and ignoring forums.

and by doing so, anet implemented repair hammers, portable cannons and removed team queue from PvP plus a plotara of other uneeded changes.

ANet will do what they want regardless of what forum posts say. Not really sure how this is relevant considering the OP has nothing to do with the devs.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Threads like this is why you're better off just playing the game and ignoring forums.

and by doing so, anet implemented repair hammers, portable cannons and removed team queue from PvP plus a plotara of other uneeded changes.

ANet will do what they want regardless of what forum posts say. Not really sure how this is relevant considering the OP has nothing to do with the devs.

despite many beliefs, Anet listen to the forums and the community all the time. Take the most recent duo queue implementation for example.

Sigils of the same type(category) dont stack.... So i dont see any issue with it, SoB has a passive effect that is gained +1 from mobs and +5 form killing players, that will affect everything in your toon.

Gainning power stats due killing is exactly what SoB is about, reason u have other sigils with same effect but for other stats.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:If you don't like how it should work, maybe change the sigil?

I'm fine with how the Sigil works. You're the one arguing imbalance and asking for change.

I didn't say "how it works" but how it "should work" (there is a grammatical difference) and it shouldn't work like how it works atm. Also, your opinion on if it is balanced or not is basically yours against mine. The word intended means
planned or meant
. I have pasted you how the sigil is meant to be, yet you are arguing about this, which is useless at this point.

You have pasted how the wiki (which is player maintained) describes the sigil.

I have stated how the history of the sigil has been and what I believe to be the case (that Arenanet are fine with it and by the amount of use it sees, it is not unbalanced).

Yes your opinion versus mine or any one else. With a difference that you are advocating for change, I am not.

So we need a nice dev to post if the wiki is wrong or the sigil is not working as intended so we can correct one of them.

Stacking bonusGain up to 25 stacks of an effect that grants an attribute bonus per stack or grants a bonus when you reach the maximum amount of stacks. On-kill sigils gain 5 stacks upon killing an enemy player in all areas of the game. You can only have one attribute stacking bonus at a time, but as many bonus-with-final-stack sigils as feasible. The bonus is lost when you are downed, when you travel to a different zone, or when you unequip the weapon. Unequip includes switching to and from underwater weapons while not having the identical sigil in the weapon sets that you start using (this means player only need 2 same sigils to keep the stack; 1 sigil on any land weapon, the other on any underwater weapon).

The corresponding wiki is correct is it not? Yes, the overarching one might need some corrections if you consider a weapon set as only 1 of the weapon swaps. The terminology used in the wiki indicates that the term "weapon set" is used to describe both swapped weapon combinations.

Good luck getting a developer response on something this trivial. At best if ever you might see a mention in the patch notes IF the devs ever decide to change anything here.

"The bonus is lost when you are downed, when you travel to a different zone, or when you unequip the weapon."At this point, we don't need anything else. Also, I don't see a reason why a dev can't respond to this.From the same page:"A sigil affects all skills while the weapon set with the sigil is active."This means that the sigil shouldn't affect any skills while the weapon set with the sigil isn't active.

“affects all skills”. means builds stacks...

The stacks that are built are placed as a character buff. They are the result of the affect, not the affect themselves.

That’s why they stay when swapping weapons but don’t increase the stack until back on the sigil weapon.

Working as designed, described, and desired.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:When was it changed that you didnt need a bloodlust sigil on both wep sets? I still lose my stacks if I swap to a set that doesnt have it.

You lose them if you go in water and don’t have the stacking sigil on one of the water weapons. But you don’t lose the stacks just swapping weapons.

:o I MUST REVIEW MY SIGILS NOW. I know some toons have one on each wep set. interesting.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:When was it changed that you didnt need a bloodlust sigil on both wep sets? I still lose my stacks if I swap to a set that doesnt have it.

You lose them if you go in water and don’t have the stacking sigil on one of the water weapons. But you don’t lose the stacks just swapping weapons.

:o I MUST REVIEW MY SIGILS NOW. I know some toons have one on each wep set. interesting.

If you have a stacking sigil on both weapon sets then you are wasting a slot. Put the sigil on the one you use the least then build stacks by killing npc beasts.

Then use your main set to kick butt.

If you have a stacking sigil on both weapon sets then you are wasting a slot. Put the sigil on the one you use the least then build stacks by killing npc beasts.

Then use your main set to kick butt.

Oh I am planning on it now. BWAHAHAHAHA

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:If you don't like how it should work, maybe change the sigil?

I'm fine with how the Sigil works. You're the one arguing imbalance and asking for change.

I didn't say "how it works" but how it "should work" (there is a grammatical difference) and it shouldn't work like how it works atm. Also, your opinion on if it is balanced or not is basically yours against mine. The word intended means
planned or meant
. I have pasted you how the sigil is meant to be, yet you are arguing about this, which is useless at this point.

You have pasted how the wiki (which is player maintained) describes the sigil.

I have stated how the history of the sigil has been and what I believe to be the case (that Arenanet are fine with it and by the amount of use it sees, it is not unbalanced).

Yes your opinion versus mine or any one else. With a difference that you are advocating for change, I am not.

So we need a nice dev to post if the wiki is wrong or the sigil is not working as intended so we can correct one of them.

Stacking bonusGain up to 25 stacks of an effect that grants an attribute bonus per stack or grants a bonus when you reach the maximum amount of stacks. On-kill sigils gain 5 stacks upon killing an enemy player in all areas of the game. You can only have one attribute stacking bonus at a time, but as many bonus-with-final-stack sigils as feasible. The bonus is lost when you are downed, when you travel to a different zone, or when you unequip the weapon. Unequip includes switching to and from underwater weapons while not having the identical sigil in the weapon sets that you start using (this means player only need 2 same sigils to keep the stack; 1 sigil on any land weapon, the other on any underwater weapon).

The corresponding wiki is correct is it not? Yes, the overarching one might need some corrections if you consider a weapon set as only 1 of the weapon swaps. The terminology used in the wiki indicates that the term "weapon set" is used to describe both swapped weapon combinations.

Good luck getting a developer response on something this trivial. At best if ever you might see a mention in the patch notes IF the devs ever decide to change anything here.

"The bonus is lost when you are downed, when you travel to a different zone, or when you unequip the weapon."At this point, we don't need anything else. Also, I don't see a reason why a dev can't respond to this.From the same page:"A sigil affects all skills while the weapon set with the sigil is active."This means that the sigil shouldn't affect any skills while the weapon set with the sigil isn't active.

“affects all skills”. means builds stacks...

The stacks that are built are placed as a character buff. They are the result of the affect, not the affect themselves.

That’s why they stay when swapping weapons but don’t increase the stack until back on the sigil weapon.

Working as designed, described, and desired.

What you are basically saying is that the 250 power from the sigil doesn't count as the sigil effect but separate effect. And the only sigil effect is to gain these stacks?Because, the 250 power is basically the sigil effect too, not only the way you gain them."Sigils have a variety of effects, such as attacks which trigger on critical hits, and attribute bonuses which increase as the player kills more enemies without being downed or switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil."Here is the proof that the attribute bonus of 250 power is the actual sigil effect, which is further explained that must be removed if you switch to a weapon set which lacks the sigil.unequipped =/= switchedand switching = swapping: "Weapon swap is the mechanic of switching between the two equipped weapon sets."

Archived