Lets talk about Superior Sigil of Bloodlust

Evil.1580

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:ANet clearly thinks that all stacking sigils, including Sup Bloodlust are working as intended. We know this because (as mentioned above), ANet has adjusted how stacking sigils work so that (a) you can't remove the weapon with the sigil and (b) you can go underwater and out without losing stacks (as long as you have the sigil on both terrestrial and aquatic weapons). If ANet thought that stacks should drop on weapon swap, they would have made that change years ago. Generally speaking, ANet has always supported risk-vs-reward choices: e.g. go all glass for more damage and risk getting one-shot by high-burst, or so less damage with higher durability.

So regardless of how anyone wants to interpret the player-written explanation of the mechanics (i.e. on the wiki), the fact is that if the OP wants this to change, they need to convince ANet that there's an issue. Rhetorically speaking, it's not useful to toss out words like "exploit" or "broken" without explanation. Show examples of 1v1 where 25 bloodlust stacks always beats those without, where GvG guilds recommend Bloodlust for their statics, where MetaBattle or world-specific websites recommend the sigil.

In other words, it's not enough to say, "yeah I do really well using this sigil." One just show to ANet that the existing mechanic dominates everything else.

Personally, I think it's doubtful that ANet will change their mind. It seems very unlikely that the OP would be the first person to take advantage of such a loophole without any tradeoffs.

Just because an aspect of the specific mechanic was changed so it works as intended doesn't mean that any of the aspects of this mechanic should be considered as working as intended. What Anet has changed is different to what I am talking about. This is why (for example) we see more than 1 buff / nerf on same skills.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:If you don't like how it should work, maybe change the sigil?

I'm fine with how the Sigil works. You're the one arguing imbalance and asking for change.

I didn't say "how it works" but how it "should work" (there is a grammatical difference) and it shouldn't work like how it works atm. Also, your opinion on if it is balanced or not is basically yours against mine. The word intended means
planned or meant
. I have pasted you how the sigil is meant to be, yet you are arguing about this, which is useless at this point.

You have pasted how the wiki (which is player maintained) describes the sigil.

I have stated how the history of the sigil has been and what I believe to be the case (that Arenanet are fine with it and by the amount of use it sees, it is not unbalanced).

Yes your opinion versus mine or any one else. With a difference that you are advocating for change, I am not.

So we need a nice dev to post if the wiki is wrong or the sigil is not working as intended so we can correct one of them.

Stacking bonusGain up to 25 stacks of an effect that grants an attribute bonus per stack or grants a bonus when you reach the maximum amount of stacks. On-kill sigils gain 5 stacks upon killing an enemy player in all areas of the game. You can only have one attribute stacking bonus at a time, but as many bonus-with-final-stack sigils as feasible. The bonus is lost when you are downed, when you travel to a different zone, or when you unequip the weapon. Unequip includes switching to and from underwater weapons while not having the identical sigil in the weapon sets that you start using (this means player only need 2 same sigils to keep the stack; 1 sigil on any land weapon, the other on any underwater weapon).

The corresponding wiki is correct is it not? Yes, the overarching one might need some corrections if you consider a weapon set as only 1 of the weapon swaps. The terminology used in the wiki indicates that the term "weapon set" is used to describe both swapped weapon combinations.

Good luck getting a developer response on something this trivial. At best if ever you might see a mention in the patch notes IF the devs ever decide to change anything here.

"The bonus is lost when you are downed, when you travel to a different zone, or when you unequip the weapon."At this point, we don't need anything else. Also, I don't see a reason why a dev can't respond to this.From the same page:"A sigil affects all skills while the weapon set with the sigil is active."This means that the sigil shouldn't affect any skills while the weapon set with the sigil isn't active.

Sure, you can take half the explanation and find all manor of loopholes and mistakes. Doesn't change the fact that the wiki clearly explains what is meant by unequipping the weapon. Since you are not doing any of those things when weapon swapping, the buff remains.

Yes, the weapon set being both weapon combinations if available. You are misreading or deliberately misunderstanding the term "weapon set" as I have already mentioned. The context is very clear especially since the wiki goes further to explain when the effect is lost AND how to prevent this.

That is on top of the fact that the wiki is fan managed and does not represent any type of official description or source of information.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Just because an aspect of the specific mechanic was changed so it works as intended doesn't mean that any of the aspects of this mechanic should be considered as working as intended.On that basis, we would conclude that nothing in the game is working as intended. ANet took time to adjust the mechanic and could easily have changed the part that concerns you. They chose not to. So at worst, we can say that they are not bothered by how it works now.

If you want them to invest resources into this again, then it's up to you to explain why that's important. Instead of repeating that you find it overpowered, you need to show how it dominates all other options. And I hope it's clear that other people find that it isn't an obvious "best in slot" choice. So either you're seeing something that lots of other people have missed or you're missing something.

I don't mean you should be convinced by the preponderance of other opinions. I only mean that if your goal is to convince ANet to do something, you have a high bar to reach.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Just because an aspect of the specific mechanic was changed so it works as intended doesn't mean that any of the aspects of this mechanic should be considered as working as intended.On that basis, we would conclude that nothing in the game is working as intended. ANet took time to adjust the mechanic and could easily have changed the part that concerns you. They chose not to. So at worst, we can say that they are not bothered by how it works now.

If you want them to invest resources into this again, then it's up to you to explain why that's important. Instead of repeating that you find it overpowered, you need to show how it dominates all other options. And I hope it's clear that other people find that it isn't an obvious "best in slot" choice. So either you're seeing something that lots of other people have missed or you're missing something.

I don't mean you should be convinced by the preponderance of other opinions. I only mean that if your goal is to convince ANet to do something, you have a high bar to reach.

My point is that changing something in a mechanic doesn't mean that every aspect of that mechanic was looked after. In other words, this doesn't mean that anet has decided to do something or not. They may have just skipped the review of this aspect.I have clearly stated why, imo, this is not balanced and I have clearly shown to everyone how the info about the mechanic of this sigil is different than its actual ingame mechanic.Considering some of the topic participants are arguing with me that I am not right to stick with the info in the wiki, because it is either this info wrong or the sigil is not working as intended, it is most reasonable to have a dev replay.With that said, I don't have anything else to add, I have proven my point and expressed my opinion a few times and anything else you say is either opposite of what the wiki says or your personal opinion of how the sigil should work (which considering your position is, again, against what wiki says). We can continue to walk in a circle but there is no use for this. I believe the topic was "hot" enough for several hours to draw some attention - anything else is in the hands of the devs. If they have read my statement they will take a look at this case because everything I said is logical and deserves attention.Thank you all!

@"bOTEB.1573" said:"The bonus is lost when you are downed, when you travel to a different zone, or when you unequip the weapon."At this point, we don't need anything else. Also, I don't see a reason why a dev can't respond to this.From the same page:"A sigil affects all skills while the weapon set with the sigil is active."This means that the sigil shouldn't affect any skills while the weapon set with the sigil isn't active.

Soo.. how about you read the next two lines as well? Those explain, what "unequipping a weapon (set)" refers to. Oh wait, it's contradicting your point so best ignore it alltogether.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:I have clearly stated why, imo, this is not balancedYou have clearly stated why that's your opinion.

and I have clearly shown to everyone how the info about the mechanic of this sigil is different than its actual ingame mechanic.No, you really haven't shown that clearly, as demonstrated by the number of people who have stated so.

Considering some of the topic participants are arguing with me that I am not right to stick with the info in the wiki, because it is either this info wrong or the sigil is not working as intended, it is most reasonable to have a dev replay.Devs almost never reply. This isn't a case of "mom, please settle the argument, because my brother and I can't agree." People aren't saying the wiki is wrong, they are saying that they don't agree with your personal interpretation of it.

I have proven my pointIf you think that you have shown enough to convince ANet to devote resources to this, great. There really is no need to respond to anyone else, except to clarify something you wrote.

and expressed my opinion a few timesIndeed

and anything else you say is either opposite of what the wiki saysAgain, not everyone agrees with how you have interpreted the wiki. And more importantly, the wiki isn't written by the developers. It's written by other players, who attempt to explain the actual mechanics we see in game, not how we think the mechanics are supposed to work. It's not usually wrong, but it can be. And often, it uses phrasing that can be subject to misunderstanding, which is apparently the case today.In other words: being concurrent with the wiki doesn't mean that either is correct.

or your personal opinion of how the sigil should workI don't have an opinion on how it should work. My opinion is strictly about how I think the devs perceive the situation. Specifically: they aren't bothered by how it works today, because they had the opportunity to change it when their hands were already on the code before.

(which considering your position is, again, against what wiki says).I still don't think your interpretation of the wiki's phrasing contradicts how stacking sigils work.

anything else is in the hands of the devs.Yup, that's always the case.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

My point is that changing something in a mechanic doesn't mean that every aspect of that mechanic was looked after. In other words, this doesn't mean that anet has decided to do something or not. They may have just skipped the review of this aspect.I have clearly stated why, imo, this is not balanced and I have clearly shown to everyone how the info about the mechanic of this sigil is different than its actual ingame mechanic.Considering some of the topic participants are arguing with me that I am not right to stick with the info in the wiki, because it is either this info wrong or the sigil is not working as intended, it is most reasonable to have a dev replay.With that said, I don't have anything else to add, I have proven my point and expressed my opinion a few times and anything else you say is either opposite of what the wiki says or your personal opinion of how the sigil should work (which considering your position is, again, against what wiki says). We can continue to walk in a circle but there is no use for this. I believe the topic was "hot" enough for several hours to draw some attention - anything else is in the hands of the devs. If they have read my statement they will take a look at this case because everything I said is logical and deserves attention.Thank you all!

Im sorry OP but in this case your opinion is wrong it happens to the best of us.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Currently, professions which can swap weapons can put the sigil in their secondary weapon set, build the 25 stacks and keep these stacks while playing with their primary weapon/s.This makes their primary weapons benefit from 3 sigil effects.How is this balanced and fair compared to professions which can't swap weapons, like the ele?

It's not, but that doesn't really mean it can't or shouldn't happen. There are lots of 'unfair' things in the game and it's not really a reason to change it; the game isn't an exercise in being the most fair possible.

Thank you for agreeing it is not balanced. And it does mean it shouldn't happen because it is not intended to happen like this.

I agree it's not balanced ... I don' t agree that something should be done about it. The balance part is when you make a class choice as a player, not when Anet 'fixes' it. You have incorrectly concluded you can't do anything about it, but the power to not have it affect you as a player is already accessible to you. Just because you don't like those choices doesn't mean they aren't intended to be how you control how you interact with the game. Do not be presumptuous here; you don't not know the intentions of the devs. Do not assume that they ALREADY haven't considered the lack of a swap in the class design (I can assure you they have, otherwise they would not have made those non-swapping classes exceptions in the class mechanics in the first place).

you have to weapon swap all the time on most classes. BL isn't reliable in real scenario pve. people don't really use it. if you try to gain stacks wasting time on crap weapon and then camp the better weapon yer overall dps will be so bad in both ways even with the 250 power boost cuz you don't do rotation right since right rotation involves weapon swapping except warrior that has to cc with m/m and maybe DE but still it's not practical. in theory it sounds op, in real scenario it's waste of time and lowers yer dps like this.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Blocki.4931 said:That's not an exploit...

And yes, having more weapon skills IS the trade off for that. Besides, this is such a minor issue because it's only relevant in PvE anyway.

There is no trade off for that.
LOL @ minor issue and PVE only relevant.
Have you heard of the current ranger WvW, sniping around? Plus, I am playing WvW power shatter Mesmer and I shred everything with this!!!It is + 250 power if you can't do the math.

Yeah, because to have them you are required to 1. not die and 2. kill 25 NPCs or 5 players first. Have fun doing that, it's a gimmick and there is no doubt about it being good when you can pull it off, but it's not a scenario you should expect 24/7. It's preparation. Doesn't matter if you have a few articial might stacks over your enemy if you get downed once.

It gives indeed a great advantage, but it also has a great downside: As soon as you go down, there go all the stacks.

And of course the stacks cannot be lost when swapping weapons. That would make the sigil simply useless.

But if they changed stacking sigils to lose only 5 stacks when downed and 10 stacks when defeated, then they could make them limited to their corresponding weapon too.

They could be made exclusive to their slotted weapons, for instance, by replacing the stack of the 'active' bronze-colored effect with the same stack size of an 'inactive' grayed effect while not equipped with a weapon that has the stacking sigil. With that change, the stacks would not be lost when swapping weapons, but they would not be in effect. If you want the stacked stat bonus in all your weapons, all of them would need to have the sigil.

And if the stacks became inactive instead being lost while no weapon with the sigil is equipped there would be other nice side-effects. For example:

• We could have no stacking sigils in any of the equipped underwater weapons and still not lose the stacks when going underwater, as the effects would be simply disabled while not equipped with a weapon that has the corresponding sigil.
  • We could temporarily equip all weapon set slots with weapons that do not have the sigil at all without losing any of the stacks, like when you need to equip ranged weapons weapon for a particular encounter. Then re-equip the weapon with the stacking sigil and have the stacks work again.

If I gain endurance by swapping to a weapon with an appropriate sigil, and then swap back...do I lose the gained endurance?

If I cleanse a condition by swapping to a weapon with an appropriate sigil, and then swapback...does the condition return?

If I heal nearby allies by swapping to a weapon with an appropriate sigil, and then swap back...does the damage return?

Or do many sigils provide benefits that are not removed by swapping to weapons with different sigils?

@Obtena.7952 said:Im sorry OP but in this case your opinion is wrong it happens to the best of us.

According to your opinion, my opinion is wrong? OK.

@Obtena.7952 said:I agree it's not balanced ... I don' t agree that something should be done about it.

Ok, I supposed the devs should agree with you that unbalanced things shouldn't be touched, right?

@Hesacon.8735 said:Stacking sigils like bloodlust are useless in raids and many fractals. Almost no balance thought is given to open field.

Then why so many people cry about my suggestion to change it?

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:It gives indeed a great advantage, but it also has a great downside: As soon as you go down, there go all the stacks.

And of course the stacks cannot be lost when swapping weapons. That would make the sigil simply useless.

But if they changed stacking sigils to lose only 5 stacks when downed and 10 stacks when defeated, then they could make them limited to their corresponding weapon too.

They could be made exclusive to their slotted weapons, for instance, by replacing the stack of the 'active' bronze-colored effect with the same stack size of an 'inactive' grayed effect while not equipped with a weapon that has the stacking sigil. With that change, the stacks would not be lost when swapping weapons, but they would not be in effect. If you want the stacked stat bonus in all your weapons, all of them would need to have the sigil.

And if the stacks became inactive instead being lost while no weapon with the sigil is equipped there would be other nice side-effects. For example:

• We could have no stacking sigils in any of the equipped underwater weapons and still not lose the stacks when going underwater, as the effects would be simply disabled while not equipped with a weapon that has the corresponding sigil.
  • We could temporarily equip all weapon set slots with weapons that do not have the sigil at all without losing any of the stacks, like when you need to equip ranged weapons weapon for a particular encounter. Then re-equip the weapon with the stacking sigil and have the stacks work again.

At the point where the stacks cannot be lost when swapping weapons, I somehow agree with you, at some point. They MAY stay there but only should give power to the set where the sigil is - swapping to the other weapon = -250 power, swapping back to the 1st weapon = + 250 power, until you are downed or change the map.

@Lahmia.2193 said:Just a reminder that stacking sigils like bloodlust did use to have their stacks removed once you weapon swapped and it was skritt. So anet changed it so people would actually use them.

It is not completely right. You are referring to underwater weapons, where you can have 2 more sets, not to every weapon. So the case is different.

@"Ashen.2907" said:If I gain endurance by swapping to a weapon with an appropriate sigil, and then swap back...do I lose the gained endurance?

If I cleanse a condition by swapping to a weapon with an appropriate sigil, and then swapback...does the condition return?

If I heal nearby allies by swapping to a weapon with an appropriate sigil, and then swap back...does the damage return?

Or do many sigils provide benefits that are not removed by swapping to weapons with different sigils?

The functionality of the sigils that you are talking about suggests action on a swap, so it is different.With your logic, do you get the 5% bonus damage from the Superior Sigil of Force on both your weapon sets, when slotted into only 1, or bonus critical chance (7%)?Only the sigils in your current weapon set take effect - sigils in your second set only take effect when you switch to that set - it is well-known fact for 5 years and this specific functionality hasn't been changed. There is even an old Reddit post about them (just referring to how old this info is and that it hasn't changed):https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10ilke/how_sigils_work/As I said before to MithranArkanere.8957, the stacks may stay there so when you switch back to the weapon set where the sigil is you should still benefit from this 250 power bonus.

In the end, for a sigil that no one or barely anyone is using, this topic seems very HOT.To me, it seems a lot of people are actually using and now trying to oppose this suggestion.I will repeat it - open most wvw videos - mesmers, thiefs, necros, etc... everyone is using this sigil.

Some videos (tried to find with more views and from the summer):

Scourge (also take a look at how fast he builds stacks in a blob, for those saying its slow). You can even watch for the targets of the scourge - even they have this sigil LOL:

Mirage:

Thief:

There are a lot more... But just get in WvW and see for yourself, in the game.

You also have to account for other advantages like the weapon swap effects when swapping attunements (like ele has 4). When I played my ele, I used this to my advantage quite heavily. This has a much larger and more profound effect and advantage than swapping weapons to keep stacks. The biggest difference being, you never lose your ability to swap attunements taking advantages of these effects; whereas the second your downed, you lose your stacks. People like me will down you from taking advantage of the attunement swapping effects from weapon swap sigils.

To bring forward a topic means you also have to bring forward comparable instances. The way weapon swap sigils are treated in regards to attuments and kits are much more abusive than swapping weapons while keeping stacks. So if Anet decides they want to pull the trigger on something, they need to address swap sigils first.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Holly kitten, it is written right here:

"Sigils have a variety of effects, such as attacks which trigger on critical hits, and attribute bonuses which increase as the player kills more enemies without being downed or switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil."Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upgrade_component

Anet, please FIX!!!

P.S. kitten, I'm sooo good :)

This sentence only says that the buff increases while wielding the weapon. So, if you're not wielding the slotted weapon, it won't increase further. But it says nowhere, that the buff should get lost on weapon swap.The wiki entry for the sigil states that the buff gets lost by the downed state and on a map change.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Bloodlust

According to the wiki, it sounds like it works like intended.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:You also have to account for other advantages like the weapon swap effects when swapping attunements (like ele has 4). When I played my ele, I used this to my advantage quite heavily. This has a much larger and more profound effect and advantage than swapping weapons to keep stacks. The biggest difference being, you never lose your ability to swap attunements taking advantages of these effects; whereas the second your downed, you lose your stacks. People like me will down you from taking advantage of the attunement swapping effects from weapon swap sigils.

To bring forward a topic means you also have to bring forward comparable instances. The way weapon swap sigils are treated in regards to attuments and kits are much more abusive than swapping weapons while keeping stacks. So if Anet decides they want to pull the trigger on something, they need to address swap sigils first.

The on swap sigils should have 9 sec internal CD. Even if you change your attunments 1 million times for 9 sec, you should still get this effect once. The CD is not 4 sec or less so ONLY ele can maximize the sigil potential but it is 9 so it can be balanced compared to professions which don't have attunments - in similar way we need to balance the bloodlust sigil. If you believe the swap sigils aren't working as intended or if you think they should be change, you are free to report a bug or suggestion.

@kamykaze.5904 said:

"Sigils have a variety of effects, such as attacks which trigger on critical hits, and attribute bonuses which increase as the player kills more enemies without being downed or
switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil.
"Source:

Anet, please FIX!!!

This sentence only says that the buff increases while wielding the weapon. So, if you're not wielding the slotted weapon, it won't increase further. But it says nowhere, that the buff should get lost on weapon swap.The wiki entry for the sigil states that the buff gets lost by the downed state and on a map change.

You are reading the specific sigil of bloodlust page and all there is true. But you are completely ignoring the general mechanics of the sigils and upgradable component, which I have pointed several times in the thread and also you can find in my OP. As a sigil, the bloodlust one, should not be an exception and considering it gives an unbalanced advantage to professions which can have multiple sigils on their weapon sets, causing all weapon sets to benefit from such sigil type. I gave several times example with the sigil of force - it does not give its bonus to the other set and sigil of bloodlust shouldn't be an exception.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:You also have to account for other advantages like the weapon swap effects when swapping attunements (like ele has 4). When I played my ele, I used this to my advantage quite heavily. This has a much larger and more profound effect and advantage than swapping weapons to keep stacks. The biggest difference being, you never lose your ability to swap attunements taking advantages of these effects; whereas the second your downed, you lose your stacks. People like me will down you from taking advantage of the attunement swapping effects from weapon swap sigils.

The on swap sigils should have 9 sec internal CD. Even if you change your attunments 1 million times for 9 sec, you should still get this effect once. The CD is not 4 sec or less so ONLY ele can maximize the sigil potential but it is 9 so it can be balanced compared to professions which don't have attunments - in similar way we need to balance the bloodlust sigil. If you believe the swap sigils aren't working as intended or if you think they should be change, you are free to report a bug or suggestion.

"Sigils have a variety of effects, such as attacks which trigger on critical hits, and attribute bonuses which increase as the player kills more enemies without being downed or
switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil.
"Source:

Anet, please FIX!!!

This sentence only says that the buff increases while wielding the weapon. So, if you're not wielding the slotted weapon, it won't increase further. But it says nowhere, that the buff should get lost on weapon swap.The wiki entry for the sigil states that the buff gets lost by the downed state and on a map change.

You are reading the specific sigil of bloodlust page and all there is true. But you are completely ignoring the general mechanics of the sigils and upgradable component, which I have pointed several times in the thread and also you can find in my OP. As a sigil, the bloodlust one, should not be an exception and considering it gives an unbalanced advantage to professions which can have multiple sigils on their weapon sets, causing all weapon sets to benefit from such sigil type. I gave several times example with the sigil of force - it does not give its bonus to the other set and sigil of bloodlust shouldn't be an exception. For the insntace (to complete my example):
It is not written that it doesn't work on the other weapon set, but it obeys the general mechanics of the sigils.

There is no such thing as the "general mechanics of the sigils," as many sigils have different mechanics. For instance, if I equip a Sigil of Air and a Sigil of Earth, I can get the benefits of both, even though they are both "effect on crit" sigils. Bloodlust and Perception are both stat stacking sigils. If I equip both, I only get the benefits of one. If stacking sigils are different in one regard, they can be different in another.

@"IndigoSundown.5419" said:There is no such thing as the "general mechanics of the sigils," as many sigils have different mechanics. For instance, if I equip a Sigil of Air and a Sigil of Earth, I can get the benefits of both, even though they are both "effect on crit" sigils. Bloodlust and Perception are both stat stacking sigils. If I equip both, I only get the benefits of one. If stacking sigils are different in one regard, they can be different in another.

Yes, the functionality of each sigil is different but you are mistaking this functionality and the 6 categories of the sigils with their overall common mechanic.Namely, taken from Upgrade component article:SigilsPrimary article: SigilSigils can only be placed in weapons. Each one-hand weapon may have only one sigil. Two-handed weapons, as of the April 14 update, can have (2) separate sigils, but both must be different. (You cannot double or otherwise "improve" a sigil's benefit by another of the same type to the weapon(s) currently in use.) Sigils have a variety of effects, such as attacks which trigger on critical hits, and attribute bonuses which increase as the player kills more enemies without being downed or switching to a weapon set that lacks the sigil.Or, taken from Sigil article:The bonus is lost when you are downed, when you travel to a different zone, or when you unequip the weapon.+A sigil affects all skills while the weapon set with the sigil is active (in the general notes of the article).

As you can see this info is about sigils. I do agree that different categories of sigils may add info to this. However, in the bloodlust sigil case, we don't have added info about it affecting weapons and their skills when it is not in that weapon set. For example, it is added about the sigils on swap: "These sigils activate whenever you weapon swap during combat to a set that includes the sigil; this includes changing elementalist attunements, legend swap, entering death shroud, equipping/stowing engineer kits, as well as Engage/Disengage Photon Forge, or dropping a bundle. There is an internal cooldown of nine seconds."

The problem is not only that it is written like that and works differently. The real problem, as my OP suggests, is that it is not balanced the way it is at the moment and provides an unfair advantage to professions which do have a weapon swap mechanic. It is like making the sigil of cleansing with 3 sec cooldown - the ele will squeeze more from it, while some of the professions will use half or even less of its potential, are you ok with that?

@"bOTEB.1573" said:Yes, the functionality of each sigil is different but you are mistaking this functionality and the 6 categories of the sigils with their overall common mechanic.Namely, taken from Upgrade component article:

You have to realize that the GW2 wiki is not run by ArenaNet but by the fanbase. The descriptions of sigils you quote from the wiki is how the part of the community who has worked on said article has decided to describe them. In this case the functionality of sigils described on the wiki does not match the real functionality of said sigil.

If you do not believe me go to the GW2 Wiki mainpage and read the first row of text which happen to also be written in a large font.

Archived