What's the use of grandmaster trait lines for herald now?

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

For me as WvW roamer?

• Elevated Compassion seems to be either not working or heals allies only (i am not ally to myself because I'm still playing revenant obviously).
  • Draconic Echo would be great with Shiro but from what've learned it only heals for like 107 hp on my build. 5 seconds of of 107 life syphon with 1 ICD? So useful, MUCH WOW!
  • Forceful Persistence: Sounds like a great buff for PvE power revenants but again, why would anyone use it in SPvP or WvW except for when you need to stab down downed player or perhaps in very rare situations when you are completely sure your enemy won't be able to do anything against your auto attacks with impossible odds on (almost never against somewhat good players).

Grandmaster traitline seems sort of useless with that patch with either heavy support orientation (hurr durr fuck off bunker ventari revenants must be happy now) or idle in 90% of scenarios.

Time to roll renegade and rekt shit (not kek)

Grandmaster traitline seems sort of useless with that patch with either heavy support orientation (hurr durr kitten off bunker ventari revenants must be happy now) or idle in 90% of scenarios.

Time to roll renegade and rekt kitten (not kek)Elevated compassion would be useful for Ventari healers.Draconic Echo is best for those in Glint stance. It gives all your facet passives to 10 ppl, essentially making you a boon bot.

Wait what do you mean by Draconic Echo would be great with Shiro? Doesn't Draconic Echo's effect is to retain a facet's effect after its consume skill has been used?That's the 2nd effect, the 1st more important effect is giving yr facet passives to 10 men, making you a boon bot in raids.

Actually I think the new grandmasters are fine. They need tweaking, but the concepts are a HUGE step in the right direction.

Elevated Compassion: For a 5-man healer., allowing Herald skills to actually heal. Requires slight buffing, perhaps an ICD reduction. Amazing for fractals, when Herald is your team healer.

Draconic Echo: Buffs the whole raid team, especially helpful spreading buffs for zerg in WvW. What holds it back is two things: 1. Facet of Strength cannot give 25 stacks of might, 2. The F2 skills are currently very underwhelming.

Forceful Persistent: It's a great dps buff. What more can we say? Herald can hit 32k dps benchmark thanks to this thing. You take it when you aren't healing.

In short, the issue with the grandmasters are just small number issues than anything. Elevated Compassion needs an ICD buff, Facet of Strength needs to give more Might, and F2 skills need buffing.

@Wahlao.1069 said:Elevated compassion would be useful for Ventari healers.Draconic Echo is best for those in Glint stance. It gives all your facet passives to 10 ppl, essentially making you a boon bot.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:Actually I think the new grandmasters are fine. They need tweaking, but the concepts are a HUGE step in the right direction.

Elevated Compassion: For a 5-man healer., allowing Herald skills to actually heal. Requires slight buffing, perhaps an ICD reduction. Amazing for fractals, when Herald is your team healer.

Draconic Echo: Buffs the whole raid team, especially helpful spreading buffs for zerg in WvW. What holds it back is two things: 1. Facet of Strength cannot give 25 stacks of might, 2. The F2 skills are currently very underwhelming.

Forceful Persistent: It's a great dps buff. What more can we say? Herald can hit 32k dps benchmark thanks to this thing. You take it when you aren't healing.

In short, the issue with the grandmasters are just small number issues than anything. Elevated Compassion needs an ICD buff, Facet of Strength needs to give more Might, and F2 skills need buffing.

I think you guys missed the point - OP is a WvW roamer and asking which trait will be the best for that?

I myself roam a lot too, and I'm deciding between Draconic Echo and Forceful Persistent. With the loss of boons on F2, I can see Draconic Echo being quite useful for boon uptime, especially Protection. Forceful Persistent is also quite strong if you remember to just turn on IO before bursting, but that requires even more energy management. In Glint I usually leave the Fury and Regen facets up, so that's a 6% damage boost in Glint, which isn't that bad but not too strong either.

@Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:For me as WvW roamer?

• Elevated Compassion seems to be either not working or heals allies only (i am not ally to myself because I'm still playing revenant obviously).
  • Draconic Echo would be great with Shiro but from what've learned it only heals for like 107 hp on my build. 5 seconds of of 107 life syphon with 1 ICD? So useful, MUCH WOW!
  • Forceful Persistence: Sounds like a great buff for PvE power revenants but again, why would anyone use it in SPvP or WvW except for when you need to stab down downed player or perhaps in very rare situations when you are completely sure your enemy won't be able to do anything against your auto attacks with impossible odds on (almost never against somewhat good players).

Grandmaster traitline seems sort of useless with that patch with either heavy support orientation (hurr durr kitten off bunker ventari revenants must be happy now) or idle in 90% of scenarios.

Time to roll renegade and rekt kitten (not kek)

AFK boon suport.Since i have been trying o play with ventari on WvW for the last 3 months ive been swaping alot between elevated compatin and draconic echo, it kinda deppends the situation, enemy, numbers on squad/party, when fights are more towards chokepoint see what is more efective, etc.

@Scar.1793 said:

@Kain Francois.4328 said:Forceful Persistent: It's a great dps buff. What more can we say? Herald can hit 32k dps benchmark thanks to this thing. You take it when you aren't healing.

You must be new to rev, previous patch and long before that we already reached 31/32k dps with previously renegade spec.

You must be new. Previous benchmarks relied on ground target bugs.

Being able to reach the same dps without bug is a considerable buff to a Revenant's kit.

@Kain Francois.4328 said:

@Kain Francois.4328 said:Forceful Persistent: It's a great dps buff. What more can we say? Herald can hit 32k dps benchmark thanks to this thing. You take it when you aren't healing.

You must be new to rev, previous patch and long before that we already reached 31/32k dps with previously renegade spec.

You must be new. Previous benchmarks relied on ground target bugs.

Being able to reach the same dps without bug is a considerable buff to a Revenant's kit.

I meant no offense. What I wanted to say is that since months we’ve been able to pull these numbers with a power spec between 29.5-31k :

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/87tpfe/bats_updated_benchmarks_for_power_herald_and/?st=JLNKUFTF&sh=7593a9c7

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8z1xk2/sc_updated_benchmarks_1007_balance_patch/?st=JLNKZ8QM&sh=d2406731

Not saying it’s not better now but it’s nothing amazing either to make herald or power rev more wanted in endgame pve. Still, I’d take baby steps over the nerf bat in the teeth again, especially after this long.

Archived