Balance Patch Thread (UNRAVEL BUFF ! Hype ! )

Lasiurus.4067

@LazySummer.2568 said:(...)

and is this comment for real or sarcastic?

@Megametzler.5729 said:Shouts were overpowered in PVP/WvW, thank god they split the skills. :lol:

(...)

It was sarcastic! But I am at the point where I have a lot of fun watching the ele bu-... changes. So deep is my desperation. Again they changed nothing for PvP and nothing relevant for WvW (heat sync? I don't play WvW much, so...).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5% crit nerf for PvE weavers, right? Why does noone complain? Everyone switched to some mesmer build anyway?

They need to give either dagger and/or scepter water auto a small "heal other allies" effect. That way warhorn could be used in a support setup. It can provide at least some CC and in combination with some other groupwide might it's more than easy to maximize 25 might on the whole raid now. Also it can give some nice prot and regen uptime. When healing tempest overrides druids regen it'l still be no Problem now with the aoe might stacking.

Now they should really buff soothing mist to 10man (at least in PvE), so we aren't forced to be in a sole group in raids.

@"Dahir.4158" said:No significant change(s) to staff ele. Not impressed.

This is what i was hoping to see, but im glad they did some small changes that do mean alot for a spec that was kinda useless. IF they can keep doing these smaller balance patchs(big if) i think itll be more effective for the balance of the game over all.

That unravel buff was much needed. I can see it being pretty effective if paired with Elements of Rage. This coupled with the Cleansing Fire buff from last patch and the new fire aura cleanse... I really want to believe D/D ele might be a thing again, but I just don't think it has the damage mitigation necessary compared to Sw/x built in defenses. I think I need to experience with different armor types to see how this works. I do wish the buff given was Regen and Stab for Water and Earth though.

Wow, I came in here expecting to see rage over the stealth nerf but instead... It almost looks like no one's realized it yet? Or I'm misinterpreting it maybe?

Superior Elements: The critical chance of this trait has been split between game modes and will now grant a 10% critical chance in PvE and a 15% critical chance in competitive modes.

I had to check to be sure, but it's always been 15% not 10%... Meaning this wasn't a 5% buff for competitive modes... It was a 5% nerf in PvE. Here's a link to see the version comparisons on the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Superior_Elements&type=revision&diff=1754303&oldid=1735370

@Zunki.3916 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:"Heat Sync: The number of targets this skill affects has been increased from 5 to 10."

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

A step in right direction, but a bit of an awkward one, given that everything else is still 5-target. BUT shouts got a nice CD reduction buffs, so... overall good change for Tempest. Toning down Superior Elements in PvE is probably a good thing too - you could say Weaver had a bit too easy time capping crit chance.

Yeah I expected soothing mist 10man... One can hope….

10 Target Soothing Mist? That would be broken as kitten in WvW. You can already have Soothing Mist on 10+ Targets at ones. But you know what? Make it 10 Target and let me heal around 30 people at ones. For like 850 Healing per second.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:"Heat Sync: The number of targets this skill affects has been increased from 5 to 10."

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

A step in right direction, but a bit of an awkward one, given that everything else is still 5-target. BUT shouts got a nice CD reduction buffs, so... overall good change for Tempest. Toning down Superior Elements in PvE is probably a good thing too - you could say Weaver had a bit too easy time capping crit chance.

10 Target Soothing Mist? That would be broken as kitten in WvW. You can already have Soothing Mist on 10+ Targets at ones. But you know what? Make it 10 Target and let me heal around 30 people at ones. For like 850 Healing per second.

Well I talked about PvE. You have it on 10ppl anyway but have to make a solo grp to do it. Changing it to 10 for PvE wouldn't make a big difference but would make it easier to implement in pugs and it would become that strong thing ele brings to the 10man table. I think it would make them just a bit more popular without breaking balance.

@Zunki.3916 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

Well I talked about PvE. You have it on 10ppl anyway but have to make a dolo grp to fo do. Changeing it to 10 for PvE wouldnt make a big difference but would make it easier to implement in pugs and it would become that strong thing ele brings to the 10man table. I think it would make them just a bit more popular without breaking balance.

In PvE sure. Why not.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

What are you talking about? Currently, Soothing Mist doesn't get a free upgrade in WvW to affect 10 targets and there are no traits that upgrades it to 10 targets either. It also requires the ele to camp water attunement at all times which is pretty bad

@LazySummer.2568 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

What are you talking about? Currently, Soothing Mist doesn't get a free upgrade in WvW to affect 10 targets and there are no traits that upgrades it to 10 targets either. It also requires the ele to camp water attunement at all times which is pretty bad

Do you ever looked at SM and how it works?

• Lasts 10 Seconds.
  • Get applied every 3 seconds.

Also, noone said its good camping Water.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

• Lasts 10 Seconds.

lol ok, so by your definition it affects 15 targets currently because you can run around between 3 different groups of 5. I mean with something that broken how come nobody cares to run soothing mist ele in subgroups and just stack firebrands instead? and good luck trying to maintain it in multiple groups without camping water

IMO unravel is still useless.It recharges CD, yes, but only once, and a cd of already less than 4secondes, and it last only 5sec, and what the point of short duration Boons if we can earn only one on the primary attuenement ? Too many questions.If it was 50% reduction of all attunements like the elite skill, during 7 or 8 sec, well okai, but only once ?

Weaver still underperforms in pvp/wvw.

edit: Works good for staff weaver in zerg, but you lose a teleport/evade, ... not a fan.

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:IMO unravel is still useless.It recharges CD, yes, but only once, and a cd of already less than 4secondes, and it last only 5sec, and what the point of short duration Boons if we can earn only one on the primary attuenement ? Too many questions.If it was 50% reduction of all attunements like the elite skill, during 7 or 8 sec, well okai, but only once ?

I agree. Boon (yes, you get only one boon) lasts too short and instant attunement recharge just can't compare to other utility skills. As I mentioned earlier, it only has value in dagger builds since other weapons dont require using skill 3 often, so unravel is not even needed on those.

I'm annoyed about the Crit Chance nerf because there is exactly one thing that the nerf does in practice :

It makes Spotter required for 100% Crit-chance on Berserker Weaver.

That's all it does. If you aren't min-maxing it's pretty pointless. I hate having to rely on Spotter though because it basically ties Weaver to Druid if you want to be optimal.

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:IMO unravel is still useless.It recharges CD, yes, but only once, and a cd of already less than 4secondes, and it last only 5sec, and what the point of short duration Boons if we can earn only one on the primary attuenement ? Too many questions.If it was 50% reduction of all attunements like the elite skill, during 7 or 8 sec, well okai, but only once ?

edit: Works good for staff weaver in zerg, but you lose a teleport/evade, ... not a fan.

It's alright, if fairly underwhelming. Does it now justify taking up a utility slot? Doubtful. It's like what we already get with the Glyph of Elemental Harmony but with much shorter durations. Aside from the stealth nerf to Superior Elements in PvE (:rolling eyes:), at least there weren't any more nerfs.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

• Lasts 10 Seconds.

lol ok, so by your definition it affects 15 targets currently because you can run around between 3 different groups of 5. I mean with something that broken how come nobody cares to run soothing mist ele in subgroups and just stack firebrands instead? and good luck trying to maintain it in multiple groups without camping water

Are you trolling? You must be trolling.

NOBODY said it was good.Im only saying its POSSIBLE.

I mean, why do i have tell someone how the "Aura" effect in Gw2 work anyway?

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

• Lasts 10 Seconds.

you're the one suggesting 10 target will be broken as fuck because it's then 30 target according to you and somehow it can be done without camping water

@LazySummer.2568 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

• Lasts 10 Seconds.

you're the one suggesting 10 target will be broken as kitten because it's then 30 target according to you and somehow it can be done without camping water

At this point i am 100% sure you are trolling.But i have time, i will bite the bait.

I NEVER said that you do this without Camping Water.

BUT! 850 healing per second permanent on half the squad doesnt sound i a bit strong to you? That will happen when SM has 10 targets.

Sure, you would have to camp water for that.But something like 20-25k healing per second for pressing not a single button would be worth it at this point.

But before you put words in my mouth again, here is what i said:

1. It is possible to get the SM effect on more then 5 people by not having a Group and camping water.
  2. It is not a good build because you have to camp Water
  3. If SM had 10 Targets, then it would be to strong. Even if you had to camp water for it.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

YES YES YES YES

Tempest Support o/

• Lasts 10 Seconds.

you're the one suggesting 10 target will be broken as kitten because it's then 30 target according to you and somehow it can be done without camping water

At this point i am 100% sure you are trolling.But i have time, i will bite the bait.

I NEVER said that you do this without Camping Water.

BUT! 850 healing per second permanent on half the squad doesnt sound i a bit strong to you? That will happen when SM has 10 targets.

Sure, you would have to camp water for that.But something like 20-25k healing per second for pressing not a single button would be worth it at this point.

But before you put words in my mouth again, here is what i said:
  1. It is possible to get the SM effect on more then 5 people by not having a Group and camping water.
  2. It is not a good build because you have to camp Water
  3. If SM had 10 Targets, then it would be to strong. Even if you had to camp water for it.

as if firebrand isn't already stronger and will continue to be stronger but now people might choose to take a soothing mist ele instead of stacking firebrands

Archived