Mesmer patch notes

Levetty.1279

Whatever the case you'd have to be crazy to use EM now - and I still feel tempted to persist with it. Even with energy sigils/adventurer runes, 6 seconds is insane.

The joke is this 6 seconds will proc even if you dodge during a daze - ie being marked or whatever - that's a death sentence to avoid dodging when dazed to avoid proccing this 6s exhaustion. I'd rather not clear the daze and keep my endurance regen.

Nah, IH all the way now. Edit - and Inspiration with traited signet of midnight is looking ridiculous for condi cleanse, so EM cleanse isn't needed.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:@"Pyroatheist.9031" I have a mission for you.I am currently on vacation and unable to test things ingame.Could you be so kind and check if Egoism checks for Total or Percentage health?

Little test done :On https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Target_Golem_-_Mediumbuild : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQFAbnknBdqhlpBGqBMMjldDwHngUAA-jpg9gAAlBM3fAA

With marauder amulet :Spell f1, me 100%, him 100% :base : 1080, 1028, 968, 998, 1052crit : 1849, 1991, 1814, 1837

With demolisher amulet :spell F1, me 100%, him 100% :base : 1117, 975, 1078, 988, 1065crit : 1907, 1933, 1916, 1928, 2067

with marauder, Spell f1, me 80%, golem 100% :base : 1020, 1014, 985, 1016, 1021crit : 1868, 1781, 1321, 1983, 1884

Well it's hard to say something with few values (and i don't want to sleep testing.) but it's probably <= % health and not total hp based.

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:

@"chedder.6302" said:they could have at least kept the cooldown reduction on the signet trait

wait what?

No more cd reduction :"Signets have improved active effects,and activating one grants you distortion.Signet of the Ether: Increases healing.Signet of Domination : Removes boons.Signet of illusions : Summons illusions.Signet of Inspiration : Increases the number of allied targets.Signet of Midnight : Remove conditions.signet of Humility : Applies vulnerabilityDistortion(1sec): Immune to conditions and damage."

For me they messed up my power build by changing that signets trait =/I never went inspiration for wvw for really long time ago and probably never will go that for wvw.

Also we need more people to use EM, I just want to see if they will add 3 more seconds to it, most people can't tell the difference between mirage claok and EM so you keep hearing complains about how OP EM xD

When I saw the 6 seconds, I thought maybe they added something extra for it like alacrity or something (anything) they could have added anything =p

A side from that, why did they add more damage? I mean they nerf the damage traits before, and then they are like lets add a damage trait? xD

On a more interesting note, can Mesmer still keep up with permanent alacrity/quickness in fractal or they're being replaced by viper renegade plus firebrand? With 25k+ dps each there should be an dps increase rather than bring chrono and a dps, provided druid can keep up burst heal and renegade provide strong hps ofc.

I like these changes more than vigor and jaunt nerfs....

But 5% in PvP I think is pretty meh compared to reliable boonstrip

Removing the reliable stun doesn’t affect me as much since I’ve been actively playing without it, but it’s going to make some matchups vs thief much more annoying. I don’t really like this change, but we’ll see.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:On a more interesting note, can Mesmer still keep up with permanent alacrity/quickness in fractal or they're being replaced by viper renegade plus firebrand? With 25k+ dps each there should be an dps increase rather than bring chrono and a dps, provided druid can keep up burst heal and renegade provide strong hps ofc.

Solo chrono doesn't look like it can upkeep 100% quickness and alacrity, unless under perfect conditions (ToT, Wells, etc.) Pre-stacking will definitely be more important now. Chronos still bring a tremendous amount of CC and defense into fractals so I don't see them being replaced in meta groups, but more options are viable now. I'm thinking if Druids will be replaced with Firebrands or Renegades to make up the loss in alacrity or quickness, but Druids bring a lot of offense potential in groups.

Looks like chrono in fractals took huge hit. In raids chrono is quite fine. I tasted it and even got consistently higher q/a uptime then before the patch (consistently 100th percentil on alacrity and 95~th on quickness). Huge hit is on fury generation.

Advantages are that you have better opening cs (i was using tides, wells and soi) and you have distortions on signets (for yourself) even when running chaos (useful for vg).Dissadvantage is no aegis share and also harder time shareing stability (less signets to shere) so you need to coordinate with other chrono and plat much mire ahead.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Looks like chrono in fractals took huge hit. In raids chrono is quite fine. I tasted it and even got consistently higher q/a uptime then before the patch (consistently 100th percentil on alacrity and 95~th on quickness). Huge hit is on fury generation.

Advantages are that you have better opening cs (i was using tides, wells and soi) and you have distortions on signets (for yourself) even when running chaos (useful for vg).Dissadvantage is no aegis share and also harder time shareing stability (less signets to shere) so you need to coordinate with other chrono and plat much mire ahead.

You still get the aegis share when you get distort on yourself, no? IIRC that havent changed. (ofc if you are on Inspiration)As for the fractal things, i would have liked better to see that healing grandmaster trait replaced with the lesser soi trait, so people could choose.I cant really complain about most of the changes but still that extra SoI is needed, i mean when you run around killing trash mobs you cant really share anything without losing SoI, and if you use it you will have it on CD for the next group of mobs

@Nepster.4275 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:Looks like chrono in fractals took huge hit. In raids chrono is quite fine. I tasted it and even got consistently higher q/a uptime then before the patch (consistently 100th percentil on alacrity and 95~th on quickness). Huge hit is on fury generation.

You still get the aegis share when you get distort on yourself, no? IIRC that havent changed. (ofc if you are on Inspiration)As for the fractal things, i would have liked better to see that healing grandmaster trait replaced with the lesser soi trait, so people could choose.I cant really complain about most of the changes but still that extra SoI is needed, i mean when you run around killing trash mobs you cant really share anything without losing SoI, and if you use it you will have it on CD for the next group of mobs

**** me. I forgot that part is in inspiration traitline. Then it is even better then it used to be.

Had a quick discussion with a friend before I head off, I think chrono could bring time warp + mimic focusing on quickness (+ some alacrity share) while having a renegade slotting rightous rebel. Since Orders from Above now affects up to 10 allies with ~60% uptime without any concentration investment they could potentially replace second chrono in alacrity department while running full viper to have additional dps increase. Would have to check the quickness uptime on second group with the signet + mimic when I get back though.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:Had a quick discussion with a friend before I head off, I think chrono could bring time warp + mimic focusing on quickness (+ some alacrity share) while having a renegade slotting rightous rebel. Since Orders from Above now affects up to 10 allies with ~60% uptime without any concentration investment they could potentially replace second chrono in alacrity department while running full viper to have additional dps increase. Would have to check the quickness uptime on second group with the signet + mimic when I get back though.

In that case running 2 quickness firebrands would be better dpswise right?Also without counting timewarp. The second subsquad would get worse quickness uptime then you provide to your subsquad with normal setup (woa, wor, soi). Mimic is, if we are only talking about quickness, same as well of action but with higher cd. even if they would have same cd then you generate as much quickness to second subsquad as you genetate to your subsquad without mimic. And that is not 100 percent even with timewarp

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:Had a quick discussion with a friend before I head off, I think chrono could bring time warp + mimic focusing on quickness (+ some alacrity share) while having a renegade slotting rightous rebel. Since Orders from Above now affects up to 10 allies with ~60% uptime without any concentration investment they could potentially replace second chrono in alacrity department while running full viper to have additional dps increase. Would have to check the quickness uptime on second group with the signet + mimic when I get back though.

In that case running 2 quickness firebrands would be better dpswise right?Also without counting timewarp. The second subsquad would get worse quickness uptime then you provide to your subsquad with normal setup (woa, wor, soi). Mimic is, if we are only talking about quickness, same as well of action but with higher cd. even if they would have same cd then you generate as much quickness to second subsquad as you genetate to your subsquad without mimic. And that is not 100 percent even with timewarp

No what I'm suggesting is 7-2-1 set up for something interesting, in which you have chrono, renegade, banner and druid. Theoretically chrono should still be able to keep up 80-90% quickness uptime with Time warp and mimic/signet with inspirations/chaos, while providing different variety of boons that firebrand can't supply without dps loss. To top it off you can have Well of Action as something to top up chrono's own quickness to 100% so he can share reliably, it also more or less buff groups to 90+% quickness uptime. Chrono is still the mainstay in terms of tanking/CC, so that's something firebrand can't really replace without dps loss. This sets up free up a dps spot (one and half really with viper renegade).

Archived