Roamers skill level

EremiteAngel.9765

@Arlette.9684 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:This is my whole point. Some builds carry average players to godmode level.

You can face a player and he destroys you, and you think: OMG he must be a god pvp expert player with many years experience, and instead 80% is build 20% is skill, but he wins even if you play perfectly.If you play your build perfectly but bring a build that cannot beat a build helmed by an average player, the fact that you played it perfectly is beside the point. You keep putting too much faith into your own build while talking down every other.

Too much faith... you really don't wanna understand.With my build I face any roaming profession, meta holosmiths, meta spellbreakers, power or condi/hybrid mirages, soulbeasts, thieves etc etc.

And I never have problems dealing with them, I lose a lot of times I win a lot of times, but sometimes you encounter those players with theorycrafted builds, such has harrier celestial firebrand, or even crusader, celestial druids or mirages and no matter how you play perfectly and see them making double the mistakes you do, they win because the build carry them, absorb crazy amount of damage, super high regen sustain, and on top of that, good damage to kill you.

So eventually even knowing perfectly your opponent class and dodging all the things you need to dodge, you will end up remaining out of fuel and lose that fight. And he could be 100% a worse player than you and he didn't deserve to win that, but because of the build he won anyway.

And mudse said every enemy who can kill him, he can kill back, trust me not against such builds.

This one guy harrier celestial fb literally spawn camped me 20 times, because I killed him in a different profession, he got salty, switched to firebrand and farmed me all the 20 times I couldn't drop him under 50% health not even once no matter how good I was playing. And no, his profession wasn't even a counter of mine.But when we had the mirror match he lost every single one, that's why he got salty and trash talked in whispers to me and switched profession just to down me and drop sieges on me.

sooo you're talking about stat building. get yourself a little bit of sustain then you will never lose to those builds.

Getting little bit of sustain or quite a bit of sustain will end up in a stalemate in which nobody is able to kill each other, and to be honest I don't find it fun.

I will never lose, but I will never win either.

See you're still trying to defend your current status quo, even after someone told you what you need to do to win/draw. How does that help you?

Who is kitten saying of winning, drawing or losing geez.

I just answered the OP question about the skill level of roamers.

And I said: more and more you play wvw you will notice how in 80% of the cases is not the skill of the player who wins, but the build who carry the wins, a worse player than you can still kill you thanks to the build and not thanks to personal ability and skill.

One main example is condi mirage, easy to use, braindead and spammy as hell, and gives lot of troubles even to experienced players, so a bad player can get great results with it.

That's all, I NEVER asked advices: "please help me defeat this build or that build I need help :("

So please don't go offtopic random.

My apologies, I must've misunderstood your point. Condi Mirage in the current Meta is NON-EXISTENT. Now if you're talking about Hybrid, that's a different story. It's very far from braindead at high level plays and you having a gripe with it, makes me think you have a problem retargetting properly and generally paying attention to what's going on, on your screen.

What meta are you talking about? It's far from being non-existent.

Again where I said i have problems retargeting and paying attention to my screen?

I kill plenty of mirages, but if do more than one mistake I die, my enemy makes 10 mistakes and he is still alive, build power.

I repeat, stop putting words in my mouth and assume things, or just stop commenting if your comments are nonsense assumptions.

We are talking about builds that carry players, not about me whining against mirages because I can't kill them, please learn how to understand a text.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:This is my whole point. Some builds carry average players to godmode level.

You can face a player and he destroys you, and you think: OMG he must be a god pvp expert player with many years experience, and instead 80% is build 20% is skill, but he wins even if you play perfectly.If you play your build perfectly but bring a build that cannot beat a build helmed by an average player, the fact that you played it perfectly is beside the point. You keep putting too much faith into your own build while talking down every other.

Too much faith... you really don't wanna understand.With my build I face any roaming profession, meta holosmiths, meta spellbreakers, power or condi/hybrid mirages, soulbeasts, thieves etc etc.

And I never have problems dealing with them, I lose a lot of times I win a lot of times, but sometimes you encounter those players with theorycrafted builds, such has harrier celestial firebrand, or even crusader, celestial druids or mirages and no matter how you play perfectly and see them making double the mistakes you do, they win because the build carry them, absorb crazy amount of damage, super high regen sustain, and on top of that, good damage to kill you.

So eventually even knowing perfectly your opponent class and dodging all the things you need to dodge, you will end up remaining out of fuel and lose that fight. And he could be 100% a worse player than you and he didn't deserve to win that, but because of the build he won anyway.

And mudse said every enemy who can kill him, he can kill back, trust me not against such builds.

This one guy harrier celestial fb literally spawn camped me 20 times, because I killed him in a different profession, he got salty, switched to firebrand and farmed me all the 20 times I couldn't drop him under 50% health not even once no matter how good I was playing. And no, his profession wasn't even a counter of mine.But when we had the mirror match he lost every single one, that's why he got salty and trash talked in whispers to me and switched profession just to down me and drop sieges on me.

sooo you're talking about stat building. get yourself a little bit of sustain then you will never lose to those builds.

Getting little bit of sustain or quite a bit of sustain will end up in a stalemate in which nobody is able to kill each other, and to be honest I don't find it fun.

See you're still trying to defend your current status quo, even after someone told you what you need to do to win/draw. How does that help you?

And I said: more and more you play wvw you will notice how in 80% of the cases is not the skill of the player who wins, but the build who carry the wins, a worse player than you can still kill you thanks to the build and not thanks to personal ability and skill.

One main example is condi mirage, easy to use, braindead and spammy as hell, and gives lot of troubles even to experienced players, so a bad player can get great results with it.

That's all, I NEVER asked advices: "please help me defeat this build or that build I need help :("

My apologies, I must've misunderstood your point. Condi Mirage in the current Meta is NON-EXISTENT. Now if you're talking about Hybrid, that's a different story. It's very far from braindead at high level plays and you having a gripe with it, makes me think you have a problem retargetting properly and generally paying attention to what's going on, on your screen.

Again where I said i have problems retargeting and paying attention to my screen?

I kill plenty of mirages, but if do more than one mistake I die, my enemy makes 10 mistakes and he is still alive, build power.

I repeat, stop putting words in my mouth and assume things, or just stop commenting if your comments are nonsense assumptions.

We are talking about builds that carry players, not about me whining against mirages because I can't kill them, please learn how to understand a text.

And I told you, Condi Mirage (TB/Dire) DOES NOT EXIST, in the current M.E.T.A. Mostly because of Firebrand and Spellbreaker, BM Scourge. I didn't say YOU have a problem retargeting, I said based on your comment "having a gripe" with Mirage tells me, you have a hard time retargeting and paying attention to your screen as that's the only issue, one could have with Mirage in its current form (Detargets/Stealth).

I feel like I'm talking to 4th graders here, Geez.

Definition: M.E.T.A. stands for Most Efficient Tactic Available!

@Arlette.9684 said:

And I told you, Condi Mirage (TB/Dire) DOES NOT EXIST, in the current M.E.T.A. Mostly because of Firebrand and Spellbreaker, BM Scourge.

WE ARE TALKING OF SOLO ROAMING! ARE YOU BLIND?

And you talk of firebrands and bm scourges which are zerg or small havoc builds, and you talk of 4th graders... ok.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

And I told you, Condi Mirage (TB/Dire) DOES NOT EXIST, in the current M.E.T.A. Mostly because of Firebrand and Spellbreaker, BM Scourge.

And you talk of firebrands and bm scourges which are zerg or small havoc builds, and you talk of 4th graders... ok.

I don't even know how to respond to that, you must be playing on EU. Cuz if you're on NA, you and I are playing in two very different tiers. I'm done here, I wish you a good day and I hope you are able to work out, through all that comes your way.

@Arlette.9684 said:

I don't even know how to respond to that, you must be playing on EU. Cuz if you're on NA, you and I are playing in two very different tiers. I'm done here, I wish you a good day and I hope you are able to work out, through all that comes your way.

You dont know how to respond because you had an epic fail, but that's fine, told you immediately you weren't able to read and understand.

We were talking of the skill level of roamers which are usually 1vs1 duelists and you start talk of bm scourges with firebrands and spellbreakers, I find around more condi and hybrid mirages than deadeyes while roaming, so it's defintely meta for roaming, but you talk of zerg builds because you can't read... so yeah better to get out of the topic at this point thanks.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

You dont know how to respond because you had an epic fail, but that's fine, told you immediately you weren't able to read and understand.

We were talking of the skill level of roamers which are usually 1vs1 duelists and you start talk of bm scourges with firebrands and spellbreakers, I find around more condi and hybrid mirages than deadeyes while roaming, so it's defintely meta for roaming, but you talk of zerg builds because you can't read... so yeah better to get out of the topic at this point thanks.

If you would've bothered to read several comments behind, I clearly made my stance on the subject. I will NOT repeat myself. I appreciate your feedback on the topic at hand, however it is rather ambiguous and not because I can't read. :wink:

Edit: I'm not being defensive in any way, I just find your ability to illustrate your PoV, lacking or ambiguous and I really CBA to dwell further into it.

@whoknocks.4935 said:We were talking of the skill level of roamers which are usually 1vs1 duelists and you start talk of bm scourges with firebrands and spellbreakers, I find around more condi and hybrid mirages than deadeyes while roaming, so it's defintely meta for roaming, but you talk of zerg builds because you can't read...Ever since the condi nerfs the meta has heavily shifted to toward power. Pretty much only niche condi builds remain, aside from the scourge. At least in the EU. Condi mirages are far, far rarer than the power version of deadeyes and daredevil and at best on par with their condi version - which is also exceedingly rare compared to power thieves. I usually meet like one good roaming condi mirage... per matchup.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:We were talking of the skill level of roamers which are usually 1vs1 duelists and you start talk of bm scourges with firebrands and spellbreakers, I find around more condi and hybrid mirages than deadeyes while roaming, so it's defintely meta for roaming, but you talk of zerg builds because you can't read...Ever since the condi nerfs the meta has heavily shifted to toward power. Pretty much only niche condi builds remain, aside from the scourge. At least in the EU. Condi mirages are far, far rarer than the power version of deadeyes and daredevil and at best on par with their condi version - which is also exceedingly rare compared to power thieves. I usually meet like
one
good roaming condi mirage... per matchup.

I think his misguided comment fails to acknowledge the existence of middle ground aka Hybrid. By proxy if you receive condi dmg, most players assume (wrongfully so) that it's a Condi build.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:We were talking of the skill level of roamers which are usually 1vs1 duelists and you start talk of bm scourges with firebrands and spellbreakers, I find around more condi and hybrid mirages than deadeyes while roaming, so it's defintely meta for roaming, but you talk of zerg builds because you can't read...Ever since the condi nerfs the meta has heavily shifted to toward power. Pretty much only niche condi builds remain, aside from the scourge. At least in the EU. Condi mirages are far, far rarer than the power version of deadeyes and daredevil and at best on par with their condi version - which is also exceedingly rare compared to power thieves. I usually meet like
one

Oof, lucky you. T1 NA solo roaming I see more Condi Mirages than any other solo roaming profession.

@Turk.5460 said:

one

Oof, lucky you. T1 NA solo roaming I see more Condi Mirages than any other solo roaming profession.

We are currently linked, I did a 6 hour session last night and I know your assumption is incorrect. Fought 2 Mirages 1 Chrono (not counting repeat encounters) for the whole night. I am hard pressed to ask, WTH are you talking about?

10 pm EST to 4 am EST, in case you were wondering about TZ.

@Arlette.9684 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:We were talking of the skill level of roamers which are usually 1vs1 duelists and you start talk of bm scourges with firebrands and spellbreakers, I find around more condi and hybrid mirages than deadeyes while roaming, so it's defintely meta for roaming, but you talk of zerg builds because you can't read...Ever since the condi nerfs the meta has heavily shifted to toward power. Pretty much only niche condi builds remain, aside from the scourge. At least in the EU. Condi mirages are far, far rarer than the power version of deadeyes and daredevil and at best on par with their condi version - which is also exceedingly rare compared to power thieves. I usually meet like
one

We are currently linked, I did a 6 hour session last night and I know your assumption is incorrect. Fought 2 Mirages 1 Chrono (not counting repeat encounters) for the whole night. I am hard pressed to ask, WTH are you talking about?

You know that my "assumption" that I personally see more Condi Mirages solo roaming is incorrect? Ok...can you tell me what I was I was wearing last night, too? Did you taste the dinner I made, perhaps? How'd you like that small batch can of The Bruery beer I cracked open?

I played yesterday from 4PM PST to 9PM PST and saw no less than 5 separate Blue Condi Mirages solo (this isn't counting the non-solo group of three condi mirages from [lol] that were present for quite a large chunk of my session.) And at least 3 separate Green Condi Mirages solo. This was throughout all BLs, no EBG. I saw no more than 4 separate Thieves throughout the evening, and beyond that there was perhaps a solo Soulbeast or two I encountered. Everything else noteworthy (meaning not a PvE dailies player) was running in either pairs or groups.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"whoknocks.4935" said:We were talking of the skill level of roamers which are usually 1vs1 duelists and you start talk of bm scourges with firebrands and spellbreakers, I find around more condi and hybrid mirages than deadeyes while roaming, so it's defintely meta for roaming, but you talk of zerg builds because you can't read...Ever since the condi nerfs the meta has heavily shifted to toward power. Pretty much only niche condi builds remain, aside from the scourge. At least in the EU. Condi mirages are far, far rarer than the power version of deadeyes and daredevil and at best on par with their condi version - which is also exceedingly rare compared to power thieves. I usually meet like
one

You
know
that my "assumption" that
I personally
see more Condi Mirages
solo roaming
is incorrect? Ok...can you tell me what I was I was wearing last night, too? Did you taste the dinner I made, perhaps? How'd you like that small batch can of The Bruery beer I cracked open?

I played yesterday from 4PM PST to 9PM PST and saw no less than 5 separate Blue Condi Mirages solo (this isn't counting the non-solo group of
three
condi mirages from [lol] that were present for quite a large chunk of my session.) And at least 3 separate Green Condi Mirages solo. This was throughout all BLs, no EBG. I saw no more than 4 separate Thieves throughout the evening, and beyond that there was perhaps a solo Soulbeast or two I encountered. Everything else noteworthy (meaning not a PvE dailies player) was running in either pairs or groups.

Fair enough, point me in the direction of them pesky Mirages and let me solve your problem :wink:

I agree with the sentiment that there are often ways to build to counter your opponent's build, or at the very least even out the odds, if you have enough knowledge of the various classes. And when all else fails, work with the terrain and pick locations favorable to your class (though personally I dislike doing this and prefer a more free spirited roaming impromptu experience).

For example, I was on my power DH the other day and met a bunker Druid that I just couldn't kill using him. I suspected that the druid was optimized to take on power builds so I changed to a condi Burn DH build and won the fight easily =/

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I agree with the sentiment that there are often ways to build to counter your opponent's build, or at the very least even out the odds, if you have enough knowledge of the various classes. And when all else fails, work with the terrain and pick locations favorable to your class (though personally I dislike doing this and prefer a more free spirited roaming impromptu experience).

For example, I was on my power DH the other day and met a bunker Druid that I just couldn't kill using him. I suspected that the druid was optimized to take on power builds so I changed to a condi Burn DH build and won the fight easily =/

Yea hard counters tend to lead to degenerate gameplay. Yea, I don't expect them to balance 1v1s and stuff like that but it's not like that doesn't show up large scale either.

You still making videos?

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:I agree with the sentiment that there are often ways to build to counter your opponent's build, or at the very least even out the odds, if you have enough knowledge of the various classes. And when all else fails, work with the terrain and pick locations favorable to your class (though personally I dislike doing this and prefer a more free spirited roaming impromptu experience).

Yea hard counters tend to lead to degenerate gameplay. Yea, I don't expect them to balance 1v1s and stuff like that but it's not like that doesn't show up large scale either.

You still making videos?

Not so much for WvW these days haha...feeling less and less competitive as age and health catches up. I prefer running around with the Zerg or friends more and just enjoy a more back-seat relaxed role XD

How are things going on your end?

@Arlette.9684 said:

one

I think his misguided comment fails to acknowledge the existence of middle ground aka Hybrid. By proxy if you receive condi dmg, most players assume (wrongfully so) that it's a Condi build.

Staff is not used by hybrid players usually... or not?Sword/torch axe/pistol is the common set of hybrids and I think I can recognize both of them.

They are both very present roamers around the map.

They are still one of easiest profession to win roaming fights even in outnumbers.The condi burst can melt you if you are not built against condis.And if you are built against condis in most cases doesn't matter as well.And that's being carried by a build.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

You still making videos?

Not so much for WvW these days haha...feeling less and less competitive as age and health catches up. I prefer running around with the Zerg or friends more and just enjoy a more back-seat relaxed role XD

How are things going on your end?

I usually just log on once in a while to see what's up and check with people. But got a few friends coming back, so am more interested..... let's hope Anet doesn't scare them away. ::

@whoknocks.4935 said:

one

Staff is not used by hybrid players usually... or not?Sword/torch axe/pistol is the common set of hybrids and I think I can recognize both of them.

They are still one of easiest profession to win roaming fights even in outnumbers.The condi burst can melt you if you are not built against condis.And if you are built against condis in most cases doesn't matter as well.And that's being carried by a build.

So is playing Warrior since launch, but I don't see you complaining about those. :wink:

@Arlette.9684 said:

one

So is playing Warrior since launch, but I don't see you complaining about those. :wink:

Who is playing warrior since launch?

@whoknocks.4935 said:

one

Now who has 0 reading skills? :lol:

I believe we need to insert a detox facility for all necros and other bandwagon types. As well there were so many necros our deadeyes cannot get the antidote to them fast enough so anet deadeyes are too weak they need to be buffed. We need the ability to backstab with a greatsword so we can backstab 20 people at once. As well we need skill because we are bad players so I do believe our backstab multiplier should go up to around being able to do 200k backstabs because they do not like 20k backstabs. Heck we need that necro treatment where we auto backstab someone if they press any buttons to attack us that teleports us right behind them so we don't have to do it and invulnerable while we do it and also they don't like shadow meld so can we get a shadowsphere that prevents light from getting in so you see nothing at all on your screen and have that automatically trigger just like necros stuff did as we teleport back to our starting position. That'll be great and they will really love you for doing that too.

Also the next elite spec for thief is going to be called the Shadowmancer. Its going to have no target cap and use illusions and shadows together to cc and confuse enemies. It's going to be a backstabbing mesmer that backstabs with a scepter. Each time you use combine a shadow and illusion with your eye it makes a shadow clone of a random type one can teleport around doing attacks, another can be your doppelganger that uses all the skills you have and traits, and then one that when its killed it spreads to every shadow in a radius and holds everyone in place paralyzing them. While paralyzed it makes you eat bad foods you would never ever eat and makes you pull all of the tactics at every objective you own. Its going to be called the Save Your Elder Dragon Friend expansion where you find out the deep sea dragon is a cute little dragon that loves to be hugged and helps things but its being attacked by mr meany dragon so you have to stop them both from dying but you can only do it on a human because its near cantha.

@Klypto.1703 said:I believe we need to insert a detox facility for all necros and other bandwagon types. As well there were so many necros our deadeyes cannot get the antidote to them fast enough so anet deadeyes are too weak they need to be buffed. We need the ability to backstab with a greatsword so we can backstab 20 people at once. As well we need skill because we are bad players so I do believe our backstab multiplier should go up to around being able to do 200k backstabs because they do not like 20k backstabs. Heck we need that necro treatment where we auto backstab someone if they press any buttons to attack us that teleports us right behind them so we don't have to do it and invulnerable while we do it and also they don't like shadow meld so can we get a shadowsphere that prevents light from getting in so you see nothing at all on your screen and have that automatically trigger just like necros stuff did as we teleport back to our starting position. That'll be great and they will really love you for doing that too.

Also the next elite spec for thief is going to be called the Shadowmancer. Its going to have no target cap and use illusions and shadows together to cc and confuse enemies. It's going to be a backstabbing mesmer that backstabs with a scepter. Each time you use combine a shadow and illusion with your eye it makes a shadow clone of a random type one can teleport around doing attacks, another can be your doppelganger that uses all the skills you have and traits, and then one that when its killed it spreads to every shadow in a radius and holds everyone in place paralyzing them. While paralyzed it makes you eat bad foods you would never ever eat and makes you pull all of the tactics at every objective you own. Its going to be called the Save Your Elder Dragon Friend expansion where you find out the deep sea dragon is a cute little dragon that loves to be hugged and helps things but its being attacked by mr meany dragon so you have to stop them both from dying but you can only do it on a human because its near cantha.

What in the actual fuck are you even talking about

@Arlette.9684 said:

one

Now who has 0 reading skills? :lol:

So is playing warrior. Find me the grammatical sense of this sentence please, then I will try answer if the question actually has a logic sense.

Archived