Run away builds as far as the eye can see.

prototypedragon.1406

@Solori.6025 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:It's sad and bad design because classes are designed differently with different strengths and weaknesses ?

Not every class is designed with staying power. Some have mobility to compensate.

There was one was one guy who thought that if it had more mobility than warrior or a z-axis teleports it was exploiting / broken.

If that was the case it would be balanced, but it isn't. The strongest classes have all of the options combined. That's why there are so many mesmers, warriors, thieves and rangers.

Seeing far less warriors and thieves there's days, it's mostly mesmer/holo/ranger that are solo

....you won't see thieves....its called perma stealth for a reason.

Well aware of that, but even them have declined.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Good god. After seeing your choice of weapon set, armor choices, freaking FORTY THOUSAND health, clicking your skills, and the camera shake, it's no wonder these players are able to get away from your ganks untouched. Even your rampage puts no pressure on besides CC spam.

I'm not meant to kill people, plus the two guardians each are running complete support and hit maybe a 2k if they are lucky ,most of the times 800's. And unlike most we try to avoid rushing to meta builds such as the over glorified gas bubble spell-breaker.

Man, screen shaking is one of the most annoying things in this game, just like screen shaking in action screens in movies, dunno how people can play with that on.

Then bragging about beating up bad randoms with threaten and laughs, like every range class decided to fight in melee range against a warrior for whatever reason, while running super support with 2 guards.

But hey the one mesmer you were hard on long enough without even having either swords on, is the one to come qq about in the forums. A mesmer running from my 3v1, they need to be nerfed right away!

@prototypedragon.1406 said:

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Good god. After seeing your choice of weapon set, armor choices, freaking FORTY THOUSAND health, clicking your skills, and the camera shake, it's no wonder these players are able to get away from your ganks untouched. Even your rampage puts no pressure on besides CC spam.

I'm not meant to kill people, plus the two guardians each are running complete support and hit maybe a 2k if they are lucky ,most of the times 800's. And unlike most we try to avoid rushing to meta builds such as the over glorified gas bubble spell-breaker.

It's fine to forgo the meta if you've come up with something better.But you seem to have removed the damage part of the trinity, with the obvious result of your fights being slogfests where your opponent can disengage at will while you have to hold on and hope you don't get overwhelmed.

Knowing this, I think we're all curious what the thread is about

@LetoII.3782 said:

It's fine to forgo the meta if you've come up with something better.But you seem to have removed the damage part of the trinity, with the obvious result of your fights being slogfests where your opponent can disengage at will while you have to hold on and hope you don't get overwhelmed.

Knowing this, I think we're all curious what the thread is about

ah but one doesn't always need damage to win and at least slogfests make fights last longer and make them more fun otherwise why would one want to World Versus World in the First place except to be dueling spies and roamers?and one Mesmer's lose targeting just like the perma stealth thieves and can spam clones like no tomorrow so is it really a 1 v 3?

Small scale builds need escape otherwise nobody would ever roam, scout, etc. Escape options typically reduce combat efficacy which is why dueling builds are far stronger than roaming builds in 1v1 or other small scale scenarios. The "fun" is creating builds that are solid in a duel and escape when necessary.

@prototypedragon.1406 said:

I'm not meant to kill people

Cool, then stop complaining about the fact that they're able to get away from you

3 wet healbot noodles as a comp is the #1 way that anyone smart would want to disengage just to avoid boredom fighting that group

actually, edit: why are you having one of your guildmates agree with you in this thread and pretend that he's never met you and has a lot of respect for your videos? lmao

Wvw is full of invincible 3 shot builds,I fail to see how that’s less of a problem than someone who gets cc’d,who’s hits are blocked or opponent is invulnerable than proceeds to be two or three shot from 20000 hp to 0. Running away may be annoying to u but so are the cheesey powercrept builds that ur no doubt running so quit complaining.

@Odinens.5920 said:I look at it this way - if you initiate a fight against me and I come out on top and you run away, rather than finish what you started, I'm not chasing you, and I'll consider it a win. I don't have time to chase pansies around a map.

Issue with that is some specs and or builds are meant for hit run playstyle and players that are utilizing this are only playing to their spec/class strengths and would actually be considered a poor decision for them to stay and duel as some classes/builds this would be suicide. Especially with the builds running around these days.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Odinens.5920" said:I look at it this way - if you initiate a fight against me and I come out on top and you run away, rather than finish what you started, I'm not chasing you, and I'll consider it a win. I don't have time to chase pansies around a map.

Issue with that is some specs and or builds are meant for hit run playstyle and players that are utilizing this are only playing to their spec/class strengths and would actually be considered a poor decision for them to stay and duel as some classes/builds this would be suicide. Especially with the builds running around these days.First of all: resetting is not a playstyle, it's a reset.

Regarding poor decisions:

Experiences of a reaper player:If one of these "I am afraid to die an go for cheese mode" powercreep mobility builds leaps to 1500 range after he messed up (usually done by GS warriors to regenerate or longbow soulbeasts), then I do a leap in the opposite direction and move on which is usually too much distance for them to catch up again and it often breaks combat so that I can teleport back to keep.

You know what the typical reaction of these people is? ... /laugh

Isn't it a poor decision to disengage when you can't re-engage?

WvW idiocy...

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Odinens.5920" said:I look at it this way - if you initiate a fight against me and I come out on top and you run away, rather than finish what you started, I'm not chasing you, and I'll consider it a win. I don't have time to chase pansies around a map.

Issue with that is some specs and or builds are meant for hit run playstyle and players that are utilizing this are only playing to their spec/class strengths and would actually be considered a poor decision for them to stay and duel as some classes/builds this would be suicide. Especially with the builds running around these days.First of all: resetting is not a playstyle, it's a reset.

Regarding poor decisions:

Experiences of a reaper player:If one of these "I am afraid to die an go for cheese mode" powercreep mobility builds leaps to 1500 range after he messed up (usually done by GS warriors to regenerate or longbow soulbeasts), then I do a leap in the opposite direction and move on which is usually too much distance for them to catch up again and it often breaks combat so that I can teleport back to keep.

You know what the typical reaction of these people is? ...
/laugh

Isn't it a poor decision to disengage when you can't re-engage?

WvW idiocy...

Ur wrong! Thief resetting is part of its playstyle

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:It's sad and bad design because classes are designed differently with different strengths and weaknesses ?

Not every class is designed with staying power. Some have mobility to compensate.

There was one was one guy who thought that if it had more mobility than warrior or a z-axis teleports it was exploiting / broken.

If that was the case it would be balanced, but it isn't. The strongest classes have all of the options combined. That's why there are so many mesmers, warriors, thieves and rangers.

Seeing far less warriors and thieves there's days, it's mostly mesmer/holo/ranger that are solo

True, maybe bc of teef noodle dmg ... (not talking about DE)

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

True, maybe bc of teef noodle dmg ... (not talking about DE)

Yea Thief can do some big numbers using stealth back stabs etc but without using those tactics u have to out play some one hard to down them which is hard with a lot of the specs/builds that carry players these days. There are some good thieves out there tho that make very few minstakes that do well.

Archived