Run away builds as far as the eye can see.

prototypedragon.1406

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sigmoid.7082 said:It's sad and bad design because classes are designed differently with different strengths and weaknesses ?

Not every class is designed with staying power. Some have mobility to compensate.

There was one was one guy who thought that if it had more mobility than warrior or a z-axis teleports it was exploiting / broken.

If that was the case it would be balanced, but it isn't. The strongest classes have all of the options combined. That's why there are so many mesmers, warriors, thieves and rangers.

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:It's sad and bad design because classes are designed differently with different strengths and weaknesses ?

Not every class is designed with staying power. Some have mobility to compensate.

There was one was one guy who thought that if it had more mobility than warrior or a z-axis teleports it was exploiting / broken.

If that was the case it would be balanced, but it isn't. The strongest classes have all of the options combined. That's why there are so many mesmers, warriors, thieves and rangers.

And Engineers, Elementalists and to some extend Revenants and Guardians.

Let's be honest here... Unless you are a necro, you can't really complain about Mobility.

@gebrechen.5643 said:

Seeing far less warriors and thieves there's days, it's mostly mesmer/holo/ranger that are solo

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Seeing far less warriors and thieves there's days, it's mostly mesmer/holo/ranger that are soloBasicly, WvW is this today:
  • Classes are OP when you fight them 1v1.
  • You are always fighting outmanned.
  • Classes can instakill all other classes.
  • Classes cannot die to any other classes.
  • When you win a fight, you're skillfull.
  • When you loose a fight, your enemies are running OP classes.
  • If the enemy is downed and they rally before you can stomp, they are bad and relying on cheap mechanics.
  • if you are downed and you rally because the enemy fail to stomp, they are bad and cant play the game.

Roaming yesterday: Mostly deadeyes, some soulbeasts, some mesmers, mostly none of the othersRoaming today: Mostly soulbeasts, some mesmers and a single DH and a Reaper.

If I'd make a list it would be most likely

• thieves
  • mesmers
  • rangers
  • warriors

I may do this starting today - even it's without statistical value.

@"gebrechen.5643" said:I may do this starting today - even it's without statistical value.Its still interesting to know encounters (could also add a "guessed type" ie marauder holo, condi fb, etc) but its affected by a many other things, such as time (I assume you arent running 24/7) or what servers you face (even a small active guild matter alot in terms of how often you meet the same classes).

Here is what I saw in the vid

• Lots of fights where you outnumbered your enemy
  • Sloppy camp capture (when someone comes to defend, someone should meet them "outside" the ring so you can keep capping while they stall the defender)
  • Most of the defenders were also sloppy and didn't focus fire properly. Only the Firebrand was decent
  • A daredevil that gave up lol...that was funny
  • You showing toxic behavior that one got away from an obvious outnumbered fight that they probably wouldn't have won anyway.
  • You also had a Mesmer yourself on your side so that's kind of the "pot calling the kettle black"

I will also say that you are making me yearn to try my old hammer build from the days of yore.

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Here is what I saw in the vid

• Sloppy camp capture (when someone comes to defend, someone should meet them "outside" the ring so you can keep capping while they stall the defender)
  • Most of the defenders were also sloppy and didn't focus fire properly. Only the Firebrand was decent
  • You showing toxic behavior that one got away from an obvious outnumbered fight that they probably wouldn't have won anyway.
  • You also had a Mesmer yourself on your side so that's kind of the "pot calling the kettle black"

I will also say that you are making me yearn to try my old hammer build from the days of yore.Well you could have summed it up as "all melee healbot guardians and 40k hp warrior was unable to gank solo chrono because he used one teleport" and thats what caused this absolute marvel of a thread.

I'm shocked, shocked I say!

Well not that shocked.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Here is what I saw in the vid

I will also say that you are making me yearn to try my old hammer build from the days of yore.Well you could have summed it up as "all melee healbot guardians and 40k hp warrior was unable to gank solo chrono because he used one teleport" and thats what caused this absolute marvel of a thread.

I'm shocked, shocked I say!

Well not that shocked.

Yeah....I like your explanation better. Shorter and more to the point.

@Turk.5460 said:

@prototypedragon.1406 said:For instance a Mesmer at the end of this video

Why are you complaining about
any
character deciding not to stick around for an outnumbered
1v3?

I think it's frustration about this throwback comp not being super effective. Who'd have guessed a retro melee sustain train would have deficiencies in 2019 :confused:

@prototypedragon.1406 said:For instance a Mesmer at the end of this video

If you paid attention to what your enemies were doing vs blindly spamming cc at them, you might've caught that mesmer. Instead you wasted rampage's cc while the mesmer was blocking with one of the most distinct and obvious block animations in the game (chrono shield). Which of course gave him the second block.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Seeing far less warriors and thieves there's days, it's mostly mesmer/holo/ranger that are solo

....you won't see thieves....its called perma stealth for a reason.

@gebrechen.5643 said:That depends on where your mobility tools are (on weapons or slots) and the cooldown they are bound to. I think the first mentioned play in a different league than guardian, engi or ele, but are not in a really bad spot.

I personally think Engi is high on mobility list too thanks to the double Rocket boots... Principally if they are running tools which will give them 2 seconds of superspeed after rocket boots while they are waiting the second one be avaible.

But I agree ele Is kinda lacking on movement in their useable weapons and guardian and revenant are limited due target dependancy on their movement skills.

Good god. After seeing your choice of weapon set, armor choices, freaking FORTY THOUSAND health, clicking your skills, and the camera shake, it's no wonder these players are able to get away from your ganks untouched. Even your rampage puts no pressure on besides CC spam.

@prototypedragon.1406 said:I play a old support shout warrior, thats slow as hell so I mainly just find it a bit funny a lot classes can pretty much skip around the map in their terms of running, but tactical is understandable. but their is tactical retreat and then straight up nike warrior as an example

That’s your prerogative to make your build “slow as hell” inside wvw. Just likes it’s somone else’s prerogative to have their build not “slow as hell”.

All players can do and build what they want inside of what the game allows them to do, not by your imaginary rule sets or preferences.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:Good god. After seeing your choice of weapon set, armor choices, freaking FORTY THOUSAND health, clicking your skills, and the camera shake, it's no wonder these players are able to get away from your ganks untouched. Even your rampage puts no pressure on besides CC spam.

Hey...whats wrong with skill clickin....er.....I mean....what? I totally dont click my skills......that you can see.

Archived