Armistice Bastion arena is too small (again!)

Malfrador.3615

Hey,first of all, thanks to the WvW-/System-Team for adding such a useful and beautiful looking WvW-Lobby to the game, and even adding an Arena to it that uses the WvW balance and is usable by all servers. That really is an awesome change! The surrender mechanic also seems useful (but it teleports you to the spawn, but I guess that is a bug)

But there is a big problem, and we had a similar problem with the Edge Of The Mists arena a while ago: It is too small. It would be really perfect for GvGs , as you can choose teams and even fight guilds that are not your color or that are on your server. But with this size, it is just to small for 15v15 or 20v20 fights.

I really think this is a missed opportunity and probably an oversight. Please make the arena bigger, at least 4000 units in one direction would be ideal. Bigger is better in this case, as the two guilds can just start the fight closer if they think it is to big. And please keep the floor smooth as it is now, as Skills like Revenants Hammer 2 get blocked by small bumps.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 You made the EOTM-arena bigger, please do the same thing for the new one ;)

@SloRules.3560 said:You won't get any guild to do gvg in there...

At this Point, most guilds would probably do anything for some sort of properly working, server-independent GvG arena.EOTM is shitty because of the cannons and the new arena that is a bit to small still. (and has that waterfall-bridge-thingy), GH is bugged as hell, OS has only space for 2 guilds and only allows guilds from your own MU, same for Borderlands.

Yea its an awesome lounge. The arena is just big enough for 5v5 and thats still probably too small. It needs its diameter increased time 5-10 so make it a proper arena. times 10 would probably be best. All arenas now are just the same size, why not increase the one we actually pay for.

@Malfrador.3615 said:

At this Point, most guilds would probably do anything for some sort of properly working, server-independent GvG arena.EOTM is kitten because of the cannons and the new arena that is a bit to small still. (and has that waterfall-bridge-thingy), GH is bugged as hell, OS has only space for 2 guilds and only allows guilds from your own MU, same for Borderlands.

Well that arena is not worth 1000 gems, it's just too small. It's ment for duels i guess and even made smaller just so that people don't think it's ment for gvg.

@SloRules.3560 said:

At this Point, most guilds would probably do anything for some sort of properly working, server-independent GvG arena.EOTM is kitten because of the cannons and the new arena that is a bit to small still. (and has that waterfall-bridge-thingy), GH is bugged as hell, OS has only space for 2 guilds and only allows guilds from your own MU, same for Borderlands.

Well that arena is not worth 1000 gems, it's just too small. It's ment for duels i guess and even made smaller just so that people don't think it's ment for gvg.

Yeah, that's why I made the suggestion in this thread to increase its size.And if its a decent arena (and except for the size it is), most GvG players I know - including my Guild and many players on my server - would willingly pay for it (or have the WvW Lobby already anyway)

@Rotten Bones.2391 said:

@funassistant.6589 said:yo yo yo, dont underestimate the gvg scenes will to play gvg easily

id dole out even more cash if i could fight anyone i wanted without having PvE balance (GH not to mention the horrific instancing issues some people have)Honestly this lobby is AMAZING

Do you get access to your server's team chat while you're in there?

You do.

Lobby seems interesting, but I'm sure not about to pay for it. Maybe I could use it as a no-pressure place to measure siege stats...but it doesn't offer anything else for me. Would be nice if they made the arena more useful to the GvG crowd so that maybe they could go there and stop slapping newbies in WvW.

It needs to be way bigger, for sure. Maybe add two arenas side by side that way peeps can view both going on separately. Or keep the one they currently have for duels/small 2v2s and add a bigger one for GvG. Please ANet?

Also it'd be great if we could have participation decay.

So this happened:

0) Initial release and soon after desire for dedicated GvG space was articulated.... years later ...1) Guild hall arena was created, not suitable for GvG and feedback given. Could have been fixed but wasn't.... years later ...2) Arena in eotm was created, not suitable for GvG and feedback given. Could have been fixed but wasn't.... years later ...3) Gemstore arena was created, too small for GvG

its like there is some not accidental, not arbitrary, kinda sorta intentional thing going on here.

What would you expect repeating the same feedback to accomplish? I guarantee Anet is capable of understanding and implementing a GvG arena and they are not lacking information.

@floppypuppy.5789 said:So this happened:

0) Initial release and soon after desire for dedicated GvG space was articulated.... years later ...1) Guild hall arena was created, not suitable for GvG and feedback given. Could have been fixed but wasn't.... years later ...2) Arena in eotm was created, not suitable for GvG and feedback given. Could have been fixed but wasn't.... years later ...3) Gemstore arena was created, too small for GvG

its like there is some not accidental, not arbitrary, kinda sorta intentional thing going on here.

What would you expect repeating the same feedback to accomplish? I guarantee Anet is capable of understanding and implementing a GvG arena and they are not lacking information.

They did increase the new EotM arena after feedback. Maybe they'll do the same with this one.

But I gotta admit. It's weird how they always make the arena too small when they know what we want.

It seems you can fight anywhere around that snowy bit surrounding the bastion and the arena, you cant fight inside the bastion itself. Not sure if that's a bug or intended or what, we didnt fully test it yet. If intended there are some much bigger spaces and interesting bits of terrain.

Archived