Best open world solo builds

okay team I'm not talking a "this build is good because you can just run around and kill everything and not die"

I'm talking open world builds that you can the bounties solo.

I saw a video of a Mirage doing this, I wondered if anything else could do something along these lines

Not that I am aware of, although I can think of Guardian or Necromancer being able to pull it off with practice and the right build. But probably not as easily as a Mesmer. There is a reason why Mesmers are still the tank class in raids.

P.S. The most common staff/staff open world PvE build for Mesmers, when played right, makes them nearly untouchable. I almost never play Mesmer, so I would have to practice first. ;)

Condi Mirage + Rune of Tormenting makes you practically unkillable. The built in defense of mirage cloak, rolling conditions that allow you to DPS while peeling off and the constant stream of healing from applying torment is pretty great. I'm running Axe/Torch + Staff, so I'm well equipped to jump into to a group of mobs or stand back and pew pew a champion. Been doing a lot of the events in Lake Doric lately, and you all know how gut wrenching those can be.

deadeye with m7 for perma protection/infinite ini, stealth on dodge for more flexibility in the utilities/rotation and invigorating precision. the invigoration precision lets you facetank ALOT and the damage being range + frequent short stealth lets you kite the mobs if needed. if you are fighting a mob that relies on projectiles (for example killing the champion avatar of balthazar in auric basin on range will make him only use projectiles), you can also keep up permanent projectile hate while kneeling with snipers cover.aside from 2 traits and situational utilities (i usually use binding shadows (vuln/CC), assassin signet + X depending on opponent) you can basically be in a raid build and keep yourself 25 might with insanely good sustain resulting in quite decent solo dps / survival.

weakness: basically no cleave so bosses with many of them can be difficult (use rifle 2 against those instead of 3 as pircing will ensure you hit your marked target to keep the m7 rotation going, m7 should provide enough might on its own)

@"phs.6089" said:trailblazer scourge, hands down. This guy is in viper but that was long ago.

I'm pretty sure Hizen can make soloing bounties and meta events look easy with any profession. Take a look at his most recent weaver video...and the spellbreaker video before that...and the firebrand video before that.

• 1 month later...

@MUDse.7623 said:deadeye with m7 for perma protection/infinite ini, stealth on dodge for more flexibility in the utilities/rotation and invigorating precision. the invigoration precision lets you facetank ALOT and the damage being range + frequent short stealth lets you kite the mobs if needed. if you are fighting a mob that relies on projectiles (for example killing the champion avatar of balthazar in auric basin on range will make him only use projectiles), you can also keep up permanent projectile hate while kneeling with snipers cover.aside from 2 traits and situational utilities (i usually use binding shadows (vuln/CC), assassin signet + X depending on opponent) you can basically be in a raid build and keep yourself 25 might with insanely good sustain resulting in quite decent solo dps / survival.

weakness: basically no cleave so bosses with many of them can be difficult (use rifle 2 against those instead of 3 as pircing will ensure you hit your marked target to keep the m7 rotation going, m7 should provide enough might on its own)

Any chance you can put up your build? I've stopped using my deadeye because I feel really weak lately.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:Not that I am aware of, although I can think of Guardian or Necromancer being able to pull it off with practice and the right build. But probably not as easily as a Mesmer. There is a reason why Mesmers are still the tank class in raids.

P.S. The most common staff/staff open world PvE build for Mesmers, when played right, makes them nearly untouchable. I almost never play Mesmer, so I would have to practice first. ;)

Hmm staff/staff is incredible boring to me.

I am running this build from the mesmer forum:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/30394/open-world-domination-mirage/p1

Works like a charm, even went from almost no playtime on my mesmer to doing all core + Living stories + expansions with this.