Arc Divider: Reduced damage in PvP and WvW by 25%. The downfall of berserker!

Hitman.5829

@TheBravery.9615 said:i honestly expected a heavier nerf

a 75% arc divider is still balls to wall powerful

I agree ... and as we have seen in the past, Anet take some small steps for these things until they hit the spot they think is good ... like the dozen direct DPS increases on Necro Axe. I'm surprised they didn't do the SPB Full Counter nerf ... 75% decrease was it? To be fair ... THAT is more like where Arc Divider should be ... around 5-7K total. ONce it get's there, people won't be so excited about Berserker anymore, guaranteed.

So they rework berserker to be a one-trick pony, and then nerf it into a no-trick pony. Can't say I'm surprised, but now that we don't have the damage, can we have that 300 toughness back? Or that normal F1 when not in berserk? Or a rework that DOESN'T turn berserker into a one-trick pony?

@Obtena.7952 said:

I agree ... and as we have seen in the past, Anet take some small steps for these things until they hit the spot they think is good ... like the dozen direct DPS increases on Necro Axe. I'm surprised they didn't do the SPB Full Counter nerf ... 75% decrease was it? To be fair ... THAT is more like where Arc Divider should be ... around 5-7K total. ONce it get's there, people won't be so excited about Berserker anymore, guaranteed.

I dunno, that Full Counter nerf was a bit too much. Yes it needed a nerf, but not the amount they did it. Now it’s an aegis with some tickle damage.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

I dunno, that Full Counter nerf was a bit too much. Yes it needed a nerf, but not the amount they did it. Now it’s an aegis with some tickle damage.

Yeah that Full Counter nerf was too much. This nerf to Arc Divider, meh. It just further pushes a Berserker to full glass cannon to maximize Berserk Mode, which we all have found to be too clunky.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

I won't debate exactly what it should be ... but if it was too big at 20K to deserve a nerf ... it's still too much at 15K too. I'm anticipating another hit.

@Obtena.7952 said:

I won't debate exactly what it should be ... but if it was too big at 20K to deserve a nerf ... it's still too much at 15K too. I'm anticipating another hit.

How does it compare to Sic'em+Rapid Fire or Shatter Spike though? There are instagib spikes on several professions, so is a 15-20k Arc Divider that cannot be set up prior to entering combat that out of line?

even with the arc divider buff I still found berserker to be less efficient than the original berserker. The best improvement was how arc divider was re-worked to apply damage (not just how much) but now with the nerf I just wish they would revert back to the original berserker with instant cast times and ability to use 3 bars of adrenaline. Far better play-ability then. Sticking in back in the drawer for now.

Yes you can still hit 5-8 k per section the problem is in a real pvp fight they can dodge or mitigate 2 of the 3 rotations, giving you a 5-8k hit where as for ranger for instance a full glass ranger can hit for 15-18k with maul and it can be used more in a 1v1 fight. i just feel like if there gonna nerf the damage it should fall off per rotation or revert it back to the old ark divider cause burst damage is so important.

@Obtena.7952 said:

15k? I don’t remember ever seeing those numbers on FC prenerf except maaaaaaaybe on a super class cannon target.

@Penguinman.1254 said:Yes you can still hit 5-8 k per section the problem is in a real pvp fight they can dodge or mitigate 2 of the 3 rotations, giving you a 5-8k hit where as for ranger for instance a full glass ranger can hit for 15-18k with maul and it can be used more in a 1v1 fight. i just feel like if there gonna nerf the damage it should fall off per rotation or revert it back to the old ark divider cause burst damage is so important.

Cant compare to powercrept class like soulbeast when discussing balance. It has a insane burst at 1500+ range lol as well as melee. Compare it to a more realistic class. Thief hits 6-7k back stab damage once if their invested in it and has a set up and must hit from back. Arc hits that 6-7k 3 times,that is not a wet noodle.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Penguinman.1254 said:Yes you can still hit 5-8 k per section the problem is in a real pvp fight they can dodge or mitigate 2 of the 3 rotations, giving you a 5-8k hit where as for ranger for instance a full glass ranger can hit for 15-18k with maul and it can be used more in a 1v1 fight. i just feel like if there gonna nerf the damage it should fall off per rotation or revert it back to the old ark divider cause burst damage is so important.

Cant compare to powercrept class like soulbeast when discussing balance. It has a insane burst at 1500+ range lol as well as melee. Compare it to a more realistic class. Thief hits 6-7k back stab damage once if their invested in it and has a set up and must hit from back. Arc hits that 6-7k 3 times,that is not a wet noodle.

realistically, arc divider would be not wet noodle, if it can teleport on to target from far away

which class would you compare it too? not really melee in the game anymore. if you go with reaper shroud spin will chunk you down so fast along with wells that will hit for 13k,, theif will evade/ invis and backstab for 15k, guard is so bad right now it hurts my soul that its heal bot atm, rev is also ranged with hammer 2 which will hit for about the same as maul, power Mesemer will one shot you if your not paying attention

@Lighter.5631 said:

realistically, arc divider would be not wet noodle, if it can teleport on to target from far away

Really the tele is such a weak arguement lmao warrior has great mobility,damage and sustain compared to thief, not to mention run around invulnerable for 8 plus seconds, but oh gosh it cant tele. But yeah hitting 18k arcs so nerrfed lmao