Let's talk about the focus pull

Atticus.7194

On 5/21/2022 at 3:40 PM, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Like I said it depends on the structure. If you can pull them off a cliff yeah it's useful. Otherwise not so much when your outnumbered since more then likely they are stab stacked.

In what way have you used it while defending outnumbered that it's made a difference?

I've pulled commanders or role players off walls, which starts a chain reaction of the zerg going back out to follow or support, or even squirrel cause they mad someone messed with them in that way, because practically no one has portal loaded unless they intend to port in reinforcements at that time, or use it as a tactic which hardly any group does these days.

Just last night I was pulling enemies off inner smc in which they then got ganked or had to do the long walk of shame back to the open gate, I even do it on the west side of inner earth keep, and air keep is hilarious when they try to cata the south side, all those stairs, all those pull options Mmmmm. You don't just need a drop dead cliff for a pull to be useful. Yes stab stack, particularly on hard core boon balls makes it useless, but sometimes you still get lucky.

One pull can make a huge difference in defense, and not even by killing, just by taking them out of position, or mess with them enough they get fed up and leave.

And the people complaining, you're really lucky not all mesmers know how to pull properly, the best defense for it is not to be in range of it in the first place, especially if it's just you vs 40 below you, that's asking for it. 😉

Not surprising to get a confused emote, plenty of confused people in the forums. 🤭

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

If only there was someone here who could show me how to be good at the game... anyone hello???? HELLO??? 

In the radio that afternoon: „1 wrong way driver on the highway, be careful and drive slowly“

You: „1 wrong way driver you say??! Here are 100 of them!“

Edited by Senqu.8054
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, phokus.8934 said:

But it's easier to come crying on a forum rather than trying to adjust your gameplay.  And this is no exception.

Even for consume plasma yes there should have been no exception getting mugged by a thief was l2p issue bad ratio gaslight girl b0$$! 😩💅

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

43 minutes ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

Even for consume plasma yes there should have been no exception getting mugged by a thief was l2p issue bad ratio gaslight girl b0$$! 😩💅

Apples and oranges. 

Consume plasma is over the top and has been since forever, especially with improvisation and sleight of hand. 

And the fact that healing seed has a CD and consume plasma which is so much better hasn't is the cherry on top. 

Edited by Lincolnbeard.1735
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I've pulled commanders or role players off walls, which starts a chain reaction of the zerg going back out to follow or support, or even squirrel cause they mad someone messed with them in that way, because practically no one has portal loaded unless they intend to port in reinforcements at that time, or use it as a tactic which hardly any group does these days.

Just last night I was pulling enemies off inner smc in which they then got ganked or had to do the long walk of shame back to the open gate, I even do it on the west side of inner earth keep, and air keep is hilarious when they try to cata the south side, all those stairs, all those pull options Mmmmm. You don't just need a drop dead cliff for a pull to be useful. Yes stab stack, particularly on hard core boon balls makes it useless, but sometimes you still get lucky.

One pull can make a huge difference in defense, and not even by killing, just by taking them out of position, or mess with them enough they get fed up and leave.

And the people complaining, you're really lucky not all mesmers know how to pull properly, the best defense for it is not to be in range of it in the first place, especially if it's just you vs 40 below you, that's asking for it. 😉

Not surprising to get a confused emote, plenty of confused people in the forums. 🤭

I said he wasn't worthy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Apples and oranges. 

Consume plasma is over the top and has been since forever, especially with improvisation and sleight of hand. 

And the fact that healing seed has a CD and consume plasma which is so much better hasn't is the cherry on top. 

The one who has learned new word and keep on spamming it without understanding what it means...

It seems being pulled gave him a PTSD and he might need a help of a psychiatrist...

But where do I sign for a thief steal to become a ground targeting skill with1s cd before activation to steal someone within a range. But I'm afraid anet HQ will be set on fire after that

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/23/2022 at 12:35 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Sounds like your going against low tier pug balls if that's the case. Never have I seen a non stability stacked comm running around in any of my tiers when it comes to attacking a base. Not saying its impossible but very unlucky to the chances of you randomly just getting grabbed and pulled off a wall from something you dont even know is there, since the pull doesnt require los.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Sounds like your going against low tier pug balls if that's the case. Never have I seen a non stability stacked comm running around in any of my tiers when it comes to attacking a base. Not saying its impossible but very unlucky to the chances of you randomly just getting grabbed and pulled off a wall from something you dont even know is there, since the pull doesnt require los.

Stability isn't up while they're not in active combat... they still run around areas where they can be pulled while not in combat for some time periods, basically luck with timing and positioning..... you don't always have to pull them while in combat, which actually is next to useless, last night against a heavy stacked 40-50 boon ball on inner keep all I was getting was immune and blocks, not one single pull worked between all the stability and aegis spams. But there's usually only one maybe two of these type of groups on a server these days. Sometimes I need to use some trickery, drop the line and run away, the target comes forward and then you make the pull. 🤷‍♂️

Just backing up that it can be used defensively too to change the outcome....

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Stability isn't up while they're not in active combat... they still run around areas where they can be pulled while not in combat for some time periods, basically luck with timing and positioning..... you don't always have to pull them while in combat, which actually is next to useless, last night against a heavy stacked 40-50 boon ball on inner keep all I was getting was immune and blocks, not one single pull worked between all the stability and aegis spams. But there's usually only one maybe two of these type of groups on a server these days. Sometimes I need to use some trickery, drop the line and run away, the target comes forward and then you make the pull. 🤷‍♂️

Just backing up that it can be used defensively too to change the outcome....

Yeah I understand what your saying and dont doubt it could work. Just in my case,  the matchups make even trying to use it defensively very useless if outnumbered just due to those reasons you just stated and the higher chance of getting counter pulled by everything else under the sun when on the wall playing defense.

It can change the outcome but very low chances versus you just getting yanked out of your tower from god knows where and how into a sea of red.

• Like 1