Taimi - the next main... Villain

Michram.6853

To save yourself, you can change completely...

Taimi has been a very interesting character, and actually she had those small marks of villain-y craziness throughout the whole story since Season 1.

1) Taimi's excitement in everything the insane Scarlet created, looking up to her even as seeing the destruction she caused.

2) Her excitement continues, especially with this (Prosperity's Mastery):

Ceara: Holomagic is amazing. I'll use it to record my life, my failures, and my successes. Scholars of the future will study them. Are you out there, scholars? (laugh)Taimi: I'm here, Scarlet. I'm here.

3) I'll soon RULE YOU ALL! (evil laugh) Sorry. Was the comm open for that? (Taimi's Game)

4)

She will want to cure herself, and she will want to do something really unforgiving to save herself. The things you do to survive...

I believe Taimi will become a villain of Season 5 and she has been built up to become a villain since the first scripts.

But hey, it's just a speculation! :)

She's pretty much shown to have accepted her situation rather than ruthlessly pursue a cure at all costs. She's certainly not been built to be a villain - precisely nothing at all has been led up to that fact at all. It would be completely out of the blue and not really make much sense.

Anet are not really planners with their story. We saw that in S4 where episodes went between teams without plans in place for what would happen. Joko's death, Aueren's death, Aurene's resurrection - all put in at the writing stage for that episode, not as part of a grand plan for the entire arc. Whatever happens to Taimi, I am certain zero plan exists for her based on what we have seen from the writers.

It's also not really Anets style to do this. Braham was an opportunity to turn a protaganist evil, either willingly or via corruption. His descent throughout S3 could have been a fascinating precursor into something bigger, but it was squandered (long with the breaking of Jormag's Tooth, which was disgraceful on the writers part).

In short, there is no evidence for it, it's completely unlikely and would be a weird and out of the blue twist for the sake of a twist

You're prob right in which case...

@"Randulf.7614" said:She's pretty much shown to have accepted her situation rather than ruthlessly pursue a cure at all costs. She's certainly not been built to be a villain - precisely nothing at all has been led up to that fact at all. It would be completely out of the blue and not really make much sense.

Anet are not really planners with their story. We saw that in S4 where episodes went between teams without plans in place for what would happen. Joko's death, Aueren's death, Aurene's resurrection - all put in at the writing stage for that episode, not as part of a grand plan for the entire arc. Whatever happens to Taimi, I am certain zero plan exists for her based on what we have seen from the writers.

It's also not really Anets style to do this. Braham was an opportunity to turn a protaganist evil, either willingly or via corruption. His descent throughout S3 could have been a fascinating precursor into something bigger, but it was squandered (long with the breaking of Jormag's Tooth, which was disgraceful on the writers part).

In short, there is no evidence for it, it's completely unlikely and would be a weird and out of the blue twist for the sake of a twist

You're prob right in which case...

Taimi didn't have time to just show she pursues to find a cure, which she OBVIOUSLY wants, as scientists do. We know that Arenanet writers like to hide some plots, not giving a lot of screen time, and then just reveal it in time, like for example Kas&Jory plot.

Taimi was concerned about Aurene rather than herself, and only Blish's death made her reveal her secret.

Taimi is insane, always has been. But will this make her a villain? I'm not sure. But I think it's rather likely she or anyone else in our team can become a villain, you never know if your neighbour that was nice to you all the years isn't a freak, you never know if someone is actually a hidden murderer, you never know what's inside anyone.

And Taimi showed she cannot control herself when she is in stress, and now with Death standing right behind her, her anxieties, fears, nightmares, hopes and dreams right in front of her...

She said: "Sometimes the pain is so bad, I can hardly focus"... What Kralkatorrik said now in this speculation's context hit me:It promises: destroy everything and the pain will cease!

And: I only hope that you never have to kill what you love.

I don't know what the future brings, but I can't agree with this "highly unlikely".

Where on Earth did you get Taimi being insane from?

Despite my criticisms of the writing team, they are at least a more sensitive and inclusive company than most. There is simply no chance they will take their one disabled character and turn them into a cliched Bond villain. It would not present a good image and Anet would be understanding of this.

I remain unconvinced they will even kill her off like the story seems to be leading towards, but being a villain just doesn't make sense or work at all given they have seeded nothing at all towards this

@"Arden.7480" said:To save yourself, you can change completely...

Taimi has been a very interesting character, and actually she had those small marks of villain-y craziness throughout the whole story since Season 1.

1) Taimi's excitement in everything the insane Scarlet created, looking up to her even as seeing the destruction she caused.

As I recall, she was excited about the tech Scarlet made, and after Scarlet went from "Being a minor pain in the butt" to "Mass murder." She immediately toned it down, disagreeing with Scarlet's actions but respecting her accomplishments as an engineer.

Ceara: Holomagic is amazing. I'll use it to record my life, my failures, and my successes. Scholars of the future will study them. Are you out there, scholars? (laugh)Taimi: I'm here, Scarlet. I'm here.

Again, to me throughout season 1 and season 2, Taimi came across as being intense excited about Scarlet's work as an engineer.

3) I'll soon RULE YOU ALL! (evil laugh) Sorry. Was the comm open for that? (Taimi's Game)

Oh my god, a 16 year old having a moment of fun. This is purpopsefully misleading and taking the quote out of context.

" : How are we doing against the simulation, Taimi?Taimi: You still don't have the high score. That belongs to Cami, one of the Fire Islands raiding party leaders.Taimi: She's super tough, though, sooo...Rytlock Brimstone: Another Asura in here? I thought you were keeping all this a secret.Taimi: I had to let Cami in on it.Taimi: A) she's cool, don't worry. And B) someone had to watch our backs while Moto and I got this thing up and running.

: You already have people in the Fire Islands? Taimi: I have some more, let's say "trusted associates" there setting up a gate scouting. Taimi: But Phlunt really organized the whole operation. Primordus's movement was something I purposely let slip. Taimi: It's good because it keeps him out of my ears for a little while, and it also makes him feel like a big shot. : Only sixteen years old and you're puppet-mastering one of your superiors... : Admirable and a little unsettling, Taimi. Taimi: I'll soon RULE YOU ALL! (evil laugh) Sorry. Was the comm open for that? Big bad coming up!"The quote you listed is her having a laugh when the commander complimented her on manipulating an old asshole into doing what she wanted while keeping her personal lab a secret.> 4) > >
> Again, a 16-18 year old having fun and specifically blasting apart branded. Hardly a "Villain" indicator.

@"Arden.7480" said:To save yourself, you can change completely...

Her "excitement" diminished greatly after Season 2, and she was fully well aware that Scarlet went down the wrong path the entire time. She was a fan of Scarlet's capabilities, not her actions.

Said in a very joking method.

4)

If people will go evil over this, the entire human race is evil. Taimi's been stressed out, and letting loose is a great destresser. This is pretty much what she was doing during Dragonfall. Destressing through releasing tension.

She will want to cure herself, and she will want to do something really unforgiving to save herself. The things you do to survive...

I believe Taimi will become a villain of Season 5 and she has been built up to become a villain since the first scripts.I can't see anything about Taimi that builds up to her becoming a villain. At least, an intentional villain. And she already became an unintentional villain in Season 3 with her 'nearly destroying the world via sleep deprivation while experimenting with The All' situation. We've passed that course.

I also doubt that what she'll do is "unforgiving". I think there's an 85% chance she'll become Blish 2.0 and imput her mind/soul into a golem's body with Gorrik's help, and there will be some shock value and members of DE (mainly Braham) disagreeing with the act. But she's hardly fallen hero personality material.

@Randulf.7614 said:Anet are not really planners with their story. We saw that in S4 where episodes went between teams without plans in place for what would happen. Joko's death, Aueren's death, Aurene's resurrection - all put in at the writing stage for that episode, not as part of a grand plan for the entire arc. Whatever happens to Taimi, I am certain zero plan exists for her based on what we have seen from the writers.

This cannot be stressed enough, especially with @Arden.7480 's theories that try connecting things to things from S1 and S2.

@Arden.7480 said:Taimi didn't have time to just show she pursues to find a cure, which she OBVIOUSLY wants, as scientists do. We know that Arenanet writers like to hide some plots, not giving a lot of screen time, and then just reveal it in time, like for example Kas&Jory plot.

What Kas&Jory plot? The fact they were in a relationship? The entire playerbase figured it out almost immediately. It wasn't thrown in our face, but it was hardly hidden.

Taimi was concerned about Aurene rather than herself, and only Blish's death made her reveal her secret.

And she explains why in her partial journal during the Vision collections: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Partially_Corrupted_Data_Entry

She isn't unconcerned about her condition. She hid it because she knew people would be concerned about her, and wanted to make sure her friends focused on saving the world with as few distractions as possible.

Taimi is insane, always has been. But will this make her a villain? I'm not sure. But I think it's rather likely she or anyone else in our team can become a villain, you never know if your neighbour that was nice to you all the years isn't a freak, you never know if someone is actually a hidden murderer, you never know what's inside anyone.

She's not insane.

And Taimi showed she cannot control herself when she is in stress, and now with Death standing right behind her, her anxieties, fears, nightmares, hopes and dreams right in front of her...

I'd say she's controlled herself pretty damn well in stressful situations after Heart of Thorns.

She said: "Sometimes the pain is so bad, I can hardly focus"... What Kralkatorrik said now in this speculation's context hit me:It promises: destroy everything and the pain will cease!

And: I only hope that you never have to kill what you love.

You're comparing two different people in two different situations as if they were the same.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Anet are not really planners with their story. We saw that in S4 where episodes went between teams without plans in place for what would happen. Joko's death, Aueren's death, Aurene's resurrection - all put in at the writing stage for that episode, not as part of a grand plan for the entire arc. Whatever happens to Taimi, I am certain zero plan exists for her based on what we have seen from the writers.

This cannot be stressed enough, especially with @Arden.7480 's theories that try connecting things to things from S1 and S2.

@Arden.7480 said:Taimi didn't have time to just show she pursues to find a cure, which she OBVIOUSLY wants, as scientists do. We know that Arenanet writers like to hide some plots, not giving a lot of screen time, and then just reveal it in time, like for example Kas&Jory plot.

What Kas&Jory plot? The fact they were in a relationship? The entire playerbase figured it out almost immediately. It wasn't thrown in our face, but it was hardly hidden.

And she explains why in her partial journal during the Vision collections:

She isn't unconcerned about her condition. She hid it because she knew people would be concerned about her, and wanted to make sure her friends focused on saving the world with as few distractions as possible.

She's not insane.

I'd say she's controlled herself pretty kitten well in stressful situations after Heart of Thorns.

She said: "Sometimes the pain is so bad, I can hardly focus"... What Kralkatorrik said now in this speculation's context hit me:
It promises: destroy everything and the pain will cease!

And:
I only hope that you never have to kill what you love.

You're comparing two different people in two different situations as if they were the same.

I mean Kas&Jory in Season 4.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:I think of the current cast Gorrik is the most likely to maybe go antagonist, though only temporarily. He is still ex inquest and a little amoral, but Taimi would be able to talk some sense into him I'm sure. Taimi going villain is a huge stretch though.

Gorrik I think isn't likely to go villain. Sure he's extremely excited by his chosen field (which has switched somewhat from bugs to the Skyscales), but he doesn't actually want to hurt anybody.

@Kalavier.1097 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:I think of the current cast Gorrik is the most likely to
maybe
go antagonist, though only temporarily. He is still ex inquest and a little amoral, but Taimi would be able to talk some sense into him I'm sure. Taimi going villain is a huge stretch though.

Gorrik I think isn't likely to go villain. Sure he's extremely excited by his chosen field (which has switched somewhat from bugs to the Skyscales), but he doesn't actually want to hurt anybody.

I know, that's why I used amoral not immoral. He doesn't really take other people into consideration, seems to be how he ended up in the inquest in the first place.

Edit: To clarify, I don't think he'd become an antagonist out of malice but callousness and ignorance to the consequences of his actions if anything.

@Randulf.7614 said:She's pretty much shown to have accepted her situation rather than ruthlessly pursue a cure at all costs.

I am stating right here, right now, I'd be excited to participate in a LS S5 episode with that as a goal. Dragons this, save the world that, sure sure, let me go on a quest to the fire of mount dhoom maelstrom to find the sacred thingamabob from the order of whateveritis to cure Taimi and protect my friend and guild mate.

In your own time Anet...in your own time.

I don't really get the impression that she'll be a villain, but if they make it interesting I wouldn't mind it.Honestly, I get the impression that they were using Blish as a sort of foreshadowing for what could help save Taimi; she uploads get consciousness into Scruffy. If so, I guess you could sort of make her a "villian" kinda like how she was trapped in Scruffy that one time and you had to fight it. But then it would be repeating that same idea. Idk.There's also that one journal in Istan when doing the vision collections where she writes about why she hides her condition from others as she doesn't want people to worry about her. That doesn't really come across as an insane person that could turn on us. But eh, just my 2 cents.

@ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:ive always thought taimi and brahm had a thing hence taima walks that way

I thought there was nothing worse than Rox/Braham shipping, but you sure showed me.

I didn't realise being nice to someone = instaship.

Braham treats Taimi like a little sister, nothing else.

Far from surprising. People are very weird and ship any two characters who are remotely close to each other.