Why is everything hostile in this game?

Specifically, I am talking about the PoF and Season 4 maps.

I actually wish they would reduce the population of hostile mobs in the open zones. I'm pulling mobs from everywhere anytime I step a few feet in any direction. Exploration is the games strong suit and I want more instances where I can do that unhindered.

However, it seems they've purposely gone out of their way to put a hostile mob on every inch of the map to the point where I cannot avoid combat no matter how hard I try. I can only wade through them with the raptor so far, because I get flung off and forced to fight another trash veteran mob that has 100000 health, does 100000 damage, and drops nothing when I kill it.

There are plenty of neutral (yellow) mobs around, but yes, in PoF mob density and their aggro radius has been significantly increased over HoT and Core. Maybe this was done because PoF also introduced mounts that allow you to cope with these changes? Similar to how PoF maps have about 50% less waypoints than Hot or Core. Hard to say what prompted the change.

Yep, aggro range increased, https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/76470/aggro-range-increased-again/p1Better get use to killing 1 then another run to you from other side of the map just to keep you in combat, also get use to them becoming invulnerable because they ran too far from their spawn point just to get to you :3This is a very short-sighted change

One argument could be that these zones represent "end game" content and that players should have a really good handle on their character profession and skill-set to be able to manage these zones. Newer players who rapidly vault to 80 and then engage in this content aren't (IMO) properly prepared for it.

I do actually wish there were a little more safe spots along the way, sometimes it does ruin the immersion & enjoyment of viewing the landscapes that ANET worked so tirelessly hard on if your always worrying about getting attacked by the next thing around the corner. Sometimes its nice to view things on foot rather then being mounted 100% of the time (to avoid baddies everywhere).

@Drakortha.6974 said:Specifically, I am talking about the PoF and Season 4 maps.

I actually wish they would reduce the population of hostile mobs in the open zones. I'm pulling mobs from everywhere anytime I step a few feet in any direction. Exploration is the games strong suit and I want more instances where I can do that unhindered.

However, it seems they've purposely gone out of their way to put a hostile mob on every inch of the map to the point where I cannot avoid combat no matter how hard I try. I can only wade through them with the raptor so far, because I get flung off and forced to fight another trash veteran mob that has 100000 health, does 100000 damage, and drops nothing when I kill it.

Skyscale, just fly over them.

Btw did you do something to piss them off? They are pretty neutral to me.