What's your favourite villain in gw2?

hugo.4705

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

I suppose it's possible for people to enjoy Mary Sue flawless characters who never fail, but that doesn't make it a well written character.Before claiming that something is (or is not) well written, it helps to define what that even means. A lot of people seem to confuse good writing with what they like, and equate bad writing with what they dislike. That's the same attitude that mainstream critics used to relegate science fiction and mystery and action into literature niches. I don't, for example, care for Hemingway's contorted phraseology but I can't deny that his fiction moves people.

I get that some people hate Scarlet. What I don't get is why many of those people aren't satisfied with expressing that preference. I don't see why some of the Scarlet anti-fans insist on using pejorative language in referring to anyone who enjoyed her as a villain.

To be fair, Konig went into extensive detail prior to the quote you highlighted as to why she is considered bad writing and by established definition.

Mordremoth. He wakes up, he sends feeler vines into the world and he broke the Pact to the point that no one wants you in it as the commander anymore. He did a 'hold my beer' when the Pact was all 'we killed an elder dragon, nothing can stop us!' He went after the leaders summit and in the end of it all, made you fight against the one who go you there in the first place (Tybalt, Sieran, Forgal) and overall sewed some distrust of sylvari in the other races.

Joko. The slow build up in Path of Fire to going oh crap in the episodes was great. Wish he had lasted a bit lot longer than he had.

I posted earlier but I did not really give a reason why I said Scarlet was my favorite. I loved the her since of humor. Nothing in my opinion can beat the day that we received our mail bombs (Gift From Scarlet) I was logged on right as they were mailed out. Then all the sudden you saw people just dropping dead all over. Then laughing as we all way pointed. Map chat was hilarious.

Just thought something, Scarlet just look like the evil mirror of the commander.-We joined an order, she joined none of them.-We allied races against elder dragons, she allied evil forces against peace.-We fought against dragons, she helped them.-We studied in zero colleges or one, she studied in the three.-We weren't really commander just a shadow of trahearne, she was the warmaster.-We defended LA, she attacked LA.-We created airships, she used them.