Please gut Condi Daredevil and Acro Staff Daredevil

Tsuchinoko.7546

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@"Alatar.7364" I think you're undervaluing the idea here that I am able to do what I am doing in the video, as a someone who doesn't play Thief, ever. The 160 or so games I have played on Thief is over the course of 7 years. In maybe the past week, I've played about 15 to 20 games on Thief while practicing that build and that's it. If I were an actual Thief player, I could wield this build to a much stronger degree. I guess that's what I was pointing out with the video. Also, what people are running for Staff/Condi, but they switch Pulm Impact for the 1 trait, which does +240 power with a staff. I also don't think you watched the video very closely. There are two parts where I win 1v2s easily without being hit at all. On other classes, this is difficult to do and requires a high level of skill, even against gold 3 opponents. But on this Daredevil build, you can pretty much play 100% defensively and kill 2 players with attrition alone, even if you suck on the class.

I got roughly the same amount on Necro and yet I have higher impact and overall efficiency with both Reaper and Scourge than the build you were using, which is what I ment when saying the video showed nothing out of ordinary that could not be done better by other meta builds.

No, I didn't see any won 1v2s in the video, I saw AFK 1v1s and then roflstomping a "must rez now" guy, but in case I missed some legit 1v2s then point me to them because frankly the only stuff that mildly resembled 1v2 was just double 1v1Bot (honest question no offense ment, we are talking just about the build after all).

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:I think you guys sometimes take it the wrong way when I'm providing everyone something to look at.
I'm not saying "nerf thief into the ground" but I am saying that Deadly Arts is pumping out too much poison spam

It also seems like you guys forget
the idea of stopping the power creep instead of increasing it
. What we needed was nerfs to what was already acknowledged as OP, not more super buffs.

I know you are not saying that, didn't even think of it that way, I am just saying DA doesn't apply too much poison which brings me directly to your second line about "the idea of stopping the power creep", I posted a reply to you not long ago where I described what I think could be wrong and a number of fixes to that along with explanation why DA can't be an issue and should never be nerfed further regarding poison application.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@Safandula.8723 It is the Staff Condi, but with a Pistol over Staff. If I had been running Staff, it just allows me to troll nodes longer, build up endurance faster = more sustain while staying engaged. I didn't deem Staff as worth it while running condi, which is why I started using Pistol. It seems to already have plenty of sustain.

That is just not true, building up endurance with staff assumes you did not already waste all your ini on Choking Gas which in turn means that if you didn't do that you actually didnt deliver any Condi dmg which the build revolves around and therfore did no dmg.

PS: Sorry for double post, was too lazy to put that in my other post.

@Alatar.7364

Except the build I am running would kill any necro build in a 1v1 and a hold a node under the necro while doing it. We can go record some 1v1s if you would like, or record some 1v1s against w/e class you want to duel this DD build with, if 1v1 footage & performance is all that anyone cares about. Saying that Necro is doing the same thing with higher performance is not true. The Necro is a sitting duck when focused whereas the Thief can disengage & survive. The Necro cannot out rotate, whereas the Thief can still get around the map and + or out rotate. Where a Necro is the worst 1v1 class in the game, this Condi DD is one of the strongest. The only thing a Necro has over this build is AoE Boon removal and Barriers.

You're commenting on the video/build when you clearly did not watch even half of it, as indicated by asking me to timestamp where the 1v2s are at. Sort of like the guy who said there weren't enough 1v1s in the video. Just watch the video to answer your own questions, that's why I took the time to make it.

And this:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@"Safandula.8723" It is the Staff Condi, but with a Pistol over Staff. If I had been running Staff, it just allows me to troll nodes longer,
build up endurance faster = more sustain while staying engaged.
I didn't deem Staff as worth it while running condi, which is why I started using Pistol. It seems to already have plenty of sustain.

That is just not true, building up endurance with staff assumes you did not already waste all your ini on Choking Gas which in turn means that if you didn't do that you actually didnt deliver any Condi dmg which the build revolves around and therfore did no dmg.

Why would I waste my init on Choking Gas if I was choosing to hold & troll a node during a particular play? Burning init on Choking Gas is for when you're safe and don't need Staff side for 1v2+ trolling. Running Staff/Shortbow just allows a swap in job role. That's what it's doing. Staff for bunker play, Shortbow for team fights. And actually, the condis on dodge rolls hits much much more easily than Bound damage and procs the DA poison effects with it. Staff Condi will get you over time due to this, whereas a straight Power Staff is easy to counter play Vaults & Bounds. As I said before, this build is doing exactly what old HoT Bunker Druids did, and that's troll 1v2 while killing players with attrition through frequent poison procs. A good player can completely mitigate the damage off of Power Staff due to telegraphs. A Power Staff has to actually get aggressive with you if it wants to deal damage, which makes it vulnerable to counter CC when he goes in. A Staff Condi however, can save everything for defensive play action, and easily pound you with attrition while doing it due to Impaling Lotus & DA poison effects. For a player to potentially hit the Condi Staff, it has to stand still and use animations to do it, which means the Condi Staff can simply "dodge" when a player goes in to do this, and deal it's Impaling Lotus damage immediately upon activation of the dodge roll, rather than at the end of it like with Bound, which is very easily avoided.

Look, I'm not trying to make an ultimate statement about some definitive status on Staff Condi or Condi DD in general. Even in the beginning of the video I clearly mention It's a beta test, and I've mentioned how the performance of the build is debatable in higher tiers, but definitely the lowest skill floor entry build in the game. What irks me is how some people are trying hard to disclaim things that I've been going out of my way to "Actually play test", when I know that certain things I am stating right now, are facts about how this build functions.

But it's w/e, to each his own. ~ Cheers

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@Alatar.7364 I think you're undervaluing the idea here that I am able to do what I am doing in the video, as a someone who doesn't play Thief, ever. The 160 or so games I have played on Thief is over the course of 7 years. In maybe the past week, I've played about 15 to 20 games on Thief while practicing that build and that's it. If I were an actual Thief player, I could wield this build to a much stronger degree. I guess that's what I was pointing out with the video. Also, what people are running for Staff/Condi, but they switch Pulm Impact for the 1 trait, which does +240 power with a staff. I also don't think you watched the video very closely. There are two parts where I win 1v2s easily without being hit at all. On other classes, this is difficult to do and requires a high level of skill, even against gold 3 opponents. But on this Daredevil build, you can pretty much play 100% defensively and kill 2 players with attrition alone, even if you suck on the class.

@"babazhook.6805" You keep focusing your argument on things that are simply not true or that are almost entirely ignorant. Example: Now you're saying: "I see Choking gas field I get out of the gas field just as I would any other field. Why is that so hard to do? If the person shown facing the Staff thiff could not b bothered to dodge , to move out of the field or use other mitigation measures other then stand in the field it is on him." As if it didn't once occur to you, "How do you hit the Thief if you are always standing outside of Choking Gas Fields?" Well I guess you had better be a Ranger or a Deadeye if you want to stay out of those Choking Gas Fields and still have kill opportunity vs. the Condi Daredevil. As far as not featuring too many 1v1s, not sure what you're talking about. There are plenty in that video, including 1v2s. And yeah, that build is a Thief team fight build. That's kind of the point of it my good knowledgeable bro.

@"Crab Fear.1624" lol, it's a good meme. But you can't really apply that to my situation here, where I have been playing this build for the past week. I'm not just talking about this from the standpoint of vs. it. I'm giving this feedback from the standpoint of playing as it. For all of the expertise I possess within the spectrum of Ranger builds over the course of 8,000 games or so, I am able to log into this Condi Daredevil and easily play & keep up at my account wide MMR level, with absolutely no problems at all. I'm starting to wonder if I am stronger on this build, than I am on any Ranger build. Of course this isn't because "I somehow possess amazing natural skill on a Thief" no, it's because this Daredevil build's attribute tied strengths are much stronger than any build Ranger has to offer right now.

I think you guys sometimes take it the wrong way when I'm providing everyone something to look at. I'm not saying "nerf thief into the ground" but I am saying that Deadly Arts is pumping out too much poison spam.

It also seems like you guys forget the idea of stopping the power creep instead of increasing it. What we needed was nerfs to what was already acknowledged as OP, not more super buffs.

You hit the thief standing in a choking gas field the same way you hit a scourge standing in his field or the same way you hit a DH standing on traps. Area denial is part of the game. All classes have skills that allow some form of area denial via the use of AOE. The thief compared to those other classes has far fewer of the same. I do not consider myself entitled to stand in a scourges field at melee and come out ahead. I do not know why you feel you are entitled to stand in a Choking gas field.

While I do not PVP and stay in WvW we deal with the same issues and at choke points especially an area can be made all but impossible to pass through due to all the fields lair down. Few of these belong to thief. I do not expect to enter the field and fight at melee when I see them.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@Alatar.7364 I think you're undervaluing the idea here that I am able to do what I am doing in the video, as a someone who doesn't play Thief, ever. The 160 or so games I have played on Thief is over the course of 7 years. In maybe the past week, I've played about 15 to 20 games on Thief while practicing that build and that's it. If I were an actual Thief player, I could wield this build to a much stronger degree. I guess that's what I was pointing out with the video. Also, what people are running for Staff/Condi, but they switch Pulm Impact for the 1 trait, which does +240 power with a staff. I also don't think you watched the video very closely. There are two parts where I win 1v2s easily without being hit at all. On other classes, this is difficult to do and requires a high level of skill, even against gold 3 opponents. But on this Daredevil build, you can pretty much play 100% defensively and kill 2 players with attrition alone, even if you suck on the class.

@babazhook.6805 You keep focusing your argument on things that are simply not true or that are almost entirely ignorant. Example: Now you're saying:
"I see Choking gas field I get out of the gas field just as I would any other field. Why is that so hard to do? If the person shown facing the Staff thiff could not b bothered to dodge , to move out of the field or use other mitigation measures other then stand in the field it is on him."
As if it didn't once occur to you, "How do you hit the Thief if you are always standing outside of Choking Gas Fields?" Well I guess you had better be a Ranger or a Deadeye if you want to stay out of those Choking Gas Fields and still have kill opportunity vs. the Condi Daredevil. As far as not featuring too many 1v1s, not sure what you're talking about. There are plenty in that video, including 1v2s. And yeah, that build is a Thief team fight build. That's kind of the point of it my good knowledgeable bro.

@"Crab Fear.1624" lol, it's a good meme. But you can't really apply that to my situation here, where I have been playing this build for the past week. I'm not just talking about this from the standpoint of vs. it. I'm giving this feedback from the standpoint of playing as it. For all of the expertise I possess within the spectrum of Ranger builds over the course of 8,000 games or so, I am able to log into this Condi Daredevil and easily play & keep up at my account wide MMR level, with absolutely no problems at all. I'm starting to wonder if I am stronger on this build, than I am on any Ranger build. Of course this isn't because "I somehow possess amazing natural skill on a Thief" no, it's because this Daredevil build's attribute tied strengths are much stronger than any build Ranger has to offer right now.

I think you guys sometimes take it the wrong way when I'm providing everyone something to look at. I'm not saying "nerf thief into the ground" but I am saying that Deadly Arts is pumping out too much poison spam.

It also seems like you guys forget the idea of stopping the power creep instead of increasing it. What we needed was nerfs to what was already acknowledged as OP, not more super buffs.

I do not know why you feel you are entitled to stand in a Choking gas field.

I don't know why you feel you are entitled to being able to dodge a player who knows how to aim.

Go watch the first match in the video, count it for yourself. 39 Choking Gas attacks are cast, and only 5 of them miss their target.

If you want to prove me wrong, let's do some 1v1s so you can demonstrate for me this Piccolo like mastery of dodging you seem to possess. I would be sincerely interested to learn more about this.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@babazhook.6805 You keep focusing your argument on things that are simply not true or that are almost entirely ignorant. Example: Now you're saying:
"I see Choking gas field I get out of the gas field just as I would any other field. Why is that so hard to do? If the person shown facing the Staff thiff could not b bothered to dodge , to move out of the field or use other mitigation measures other then stand in the field it is on him."
As if it didn't once occur to you, "How do you hit the Thief if you are always standing outside of Choking Gas Fields?" Well I guess you had better be a Ranger or a Deadeye if you want to stay out of those Choking Gas Fields and still have kill opportunity vs. the Condi Daredevil. As far as not featuring too many 1v1s, not sure what you're talking about. There are plenty in that video, including 1v2s. And yeah, that build is a Thief team fight build. That's kind of the point of it my good knowledgeable bro.

I don't know why you feel you are entitled to being able to dodge a player who knows how to aim.

Go watch the first match in the video, count it for yourself. 39 Choking Gas attacks are cast, and only 5 of them miss their target.

If you want to prove me wrong, let's do some 1v1s so you can demonstrate for me this Piccolo like mastery of dodging you seem to possess. I would be sincerely interested to learn more about this.

I just want to clarify ur first statement. U feel that if someone knows how to aim their opponent should not be entitled to have the ability to dodge the attack? I would hope u were meaning something far different than that and I just miss understood the point.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

You still do not get it. Choking gas adds all of one stack of poison . It only adds more if the person stands in the field. A Thief can certainly do a whirl in that field to add more poison via bolts but these can be dodged and avoided and have limted range. Manifest sand shade is a necro skill that will add as many stacks and more of torment and it not really any different then a choking gas field. How do YOU dodge sand shade? Desert shroud using the same sort of mechanics pulsing more conditions if you remain in the field. Again why do you feel the need to single out a thief skill that does much the same?

Now to the Daze portion of Choking Gas. This only kicks in when the person has 5 stacks of poison on him. In other words if you want to stand in that field and take ever more stacks, you will get the interrupt daze. You do not even have to dodge out of the field. Walk and you can generally get out of it before the second app of poison. It is a static field and unlike those sand shades does not move around with the thief.

You have quite a lengthy history of calling for a nerf to thief every few months this generally in knee jerk fashion after you run into a build you have issues with and do not want to take the time to understand how it works.

@babazhook.6805 said:

You still do not get it. Choking gas adds all of one stack of poison . It only adds more if the person stands in the field. A Thief can certainly do a whirl in that field to add more poison via bolts but these can be dodged and avoided and have limted range. Manifest sand shade is a necro skill that will add as many stacks and more of torment and it not really any different then a choking gas field. How do YOU dodge sand shade? Desert shroud using the same sort of mechanics pulsing more conditions if you remain in the field. Again why do you feel the need to single out a thief skill that does much the same?

Now to the Daze portion of Choking Gas. This only kicks in when the person has 5 stacks of poison on him. In other words if you want to stand in that field and take ever more stacks, you will get the interrupt daze. You do not even have to dodge out of the field. Walk and you can generally get out of it before the second app of poison. It is a static field and unlike those sand shades does not move around with the thief.

Again, you're speaking to me as if I was the one who didn't understand what was going on, regardless of having played this build consistently over the course of the past week.

If you read what Deadly Arts was doing, you' understand why people don't need to stand in the Choking Gas for the AoE daze to take place.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Again, you're speaking to me as if I was the one who didn't understand what was going on, regardless of having played this build consistently over the course of the past week.

If you read what Deadly Arts was doing, you' understand why people don't need to stand in the Choking Gas for the AoE daze to take place.

If you are not in the field you can not be dazed by the field. It only interrupts people that are in the Gas field. If you took poison via other sources then you took poison from other sources. A theif could always apply poison via other means before the changes to Deadly arts. If you know you have the threshold of poison stacks on you that will result in a daze interrupt then why on earth would you go into the gas field?

@babazhook.6805 said:

If you are not in the field you can not be dazed by the field. It only interrupts people that are in the Gas field. If you took poison via other sources then you took poison from other sources. A theif could always apply poison via other means before the changes to Deadly arts. If you know you have the threshold of poison stacks on you that will result in a daze interrupt then why on earth would you go into the gas field?

lol something wrong with you.

Anyway, I'm not claiming it's an ultra OP build. I only stated that it's viable and imo overperforming, not in the acrobatics or staff department, but the Deadly Arts poison application. This build is actually strong in condi team comps, as I explained earlier in this thread. Furthermore, you should reread the 3 things that I stated were the purpose of posting the video to begin with. Arguing whether or not Choking Gas could ever hit a target was not one of them, considering I've had absolutely no problem riding players with Choking Gas play.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Anyway, I'm not claiming it's an ultra OP build. I only stated that it's viable and imo overperforming, not in the acrobatics or staff department, but the Deadly Arts poison application. This build is actually strong in condi team comps, as I explained earlier in this thread. Furthermore, you should reread the 3 things that I stated were the purpose of posting the video to begin with. Arguing whether or not Choking Gas could ever hit a target was not one of them, considering I've had absolutely no problem riding players with Choking Gas play.

Deadly arts line is THE Condition line for thief. As such its condition adds are in line with all other professions. Focusing a condition line and taking all of the skills that enhance ones conditions should be viable and should result in a build that is dangerous to deal with. I watched your video nd saw a whole lot of people running into the Choke gas fields or remaining in them while they made their own series of attacks. They are playing it as it existed before in that one could ignore its damage for a period of time while inflicting more damage on the thief with ones own skills. That is not so easily done now. It not because the build overperforms. It because the people are not adapting to it.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@Alatar.7364

Except the build I am running would kill any necro build in a 1v1 and a hold a node under the necro while doing it. We can go record some 1v1s if you would like, or record some 1v1s against w/e class you want to duel this DD build with, if 1v1 footage & performance is all that anyone cares about. Saying that Necro is doing the same thing with higher performance is not true. The Necro is a sitting duck when focused whereas the Thief can disengage & survive. The Necro cannot out rotate, whereas the Thief can still get around the map and + or out rotate. Where a Necro is the worst 1v1 class in the game, this Condi DD is one of the strongest. The only thing a Necro has over this build is AoE Boon removal and Barriers.

I said the Video didn't show anything out of ordinary regarding both 1v1s and Teamfights and I never in the slightest implied anything about 1v1 being somehow a special matter, so please don't send this my way because as such you also missed I said that Necro would have higher impact and efficiency and not that Necro would win 1v1s better, it ment literally that Necro will help the Team win more than this build, you say that thief can rotate elsewhere around the map, well that is a problem for your non-teamfighter teammates to solve, it is a 5v5 and as was shown in your own Video, a meta power S/D build had zero issues with your build to a point he managed to down your teammate along the way with half his Condi clense already on CD before you came there.

You're commenting on the video/build when you clearly did not watch even half of it, as indicated by asking me to timestamp where the 1v2s are at. Sort of like the guy who said there weren't enough 1v1s in the video. Just watch the video to answer your own questions, that's why I took the time to make it.

I watched the entire video twice by now and I still don't see the legit 1v2s, I asked you pretty honestly to tell me which ones you mean there was literally nothing ill-meant in that, I was truly interested in analyzing whatever I could have missed, but since you still can't help me with that I have to say once more that I do not see anything OP going on.

And this:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:@"Safandula.8723" It is the Staff Condi, but with a Pistol over Staff. If I had been running Staff, it just allows me to troll nodes longer,
build up endurance faster = more sustain while staying engaged.
I didn't deem Staff as worth it while running condi, which is why I started using Pistol. It seems to already have plenty of sustain.

Why would I waste my init on Choking Gas if I was choosing to hold & troll a node during a particular play? Burning init on Choking Gas is for when you're safe and don't need Staff side for 1v2+ trolling. Running Staff/Shortbow just allows a swap in job role. That's what it's doing. Staff for bunker play, Shortbow for team fights. And actually, the condis on dodge rolls hits much much more easily than Bound damage and procs the DA poison effects with it. Staff Condi will get you over time due to this, whereas a straight Power Staff is easy to counter play Vaults & Bounds. As I said before, this build is doing exactly what old HoT Bunker Druids did, and that's troll 1v2 while killing players with attrition through frequent poison procs. A good player can completely mitigate the damage off of Power Staff due to telegraphs. A Power Staff has to actually get aggressive with you if it wants to deal damage, which makes it vulnerable to counter CC when he goes in. A Staff Condi however, can save everything for defensive play action, and easily pound you with attrition while doing it due to Impaling Lotus & DA poison effects. For a player to potentially hit the Condi Staff, it has to stand still and use animations to do it, which means the Condi Staff can simply "dodge" when a player goes in to do this, and deal it's Impaling Lotus damage immediately upon activation of the dodge roll, rather than at the end of it like with Bound, which is very easily avoided.

This is a good point, however with Condi Staff build you are losing on either Ferocity or Precision (or both) which makes any other attack while on staff almost completely worthless, so the dmg there is close to same if not lower, I disagree with Power Staff having to be extra aggressive, that builds revolves around wearing down by waiting out and poking while the defenses of both Condi Staff and Power Staff are the very same (dodges and Staff evades), there is no need to go aggressive with it until it is sure to pay back which is where the Condi Staff has a single advantage of LT, but again is losing on important dmg stats. Vault is not a part of Power Staff play, it is about Staff 2 and Staff 3 mostly, the Vault will rarely if ever be used, unless you are 100% sure it is gonna hit with all this glory.

Look, I'm not trying to make an ultimate statement about some definitive status on Staff Condi or Condi DD in general. Even in the beginning of the video I clearly mention It's a beta test, and I've mentioned how the performance of the build is debatable in higher tiers, but definitely the lowest skill floor entry build in the game. What irks me is how some people are trying hard to disclaim things that I've been going out of my way to "Actually play test", when I know that certain things I am stating right now, are facts about how this build functions.

I said I don't doubt its low skill floor, it is low skill floor, I just disagree with it being OP, or at the very least too OP, because once more I already suggested several fixes to it.I'Ve been play-testing all possible variations for Condi DrD a lot (a loooooooooooooooooooooot) and what I see is somewhat normal -ish Build, not OP not completely UP either, Condi S/D is a slightly different story though.

They removed the duplicate thread so here is my response:

@praqtos.9035 said:

@Dajas.4715 said:The s/d condi thief has hardly changed since the patch, you could do crazy amount off poison stacks before and traps were better for posion builds.So why did no one bother complaining then? and that trait change didn't make a huge change.Besides they are still a thief so they are galss cannon and they die quickly.

Previously u had trait that granted chance for poison on dagger attack. Now u have constant poison application with any set, which is big buff for s/dAnother thing is the fact that power builds need power, prec and ferocity to do dmg, while condi needs only 2 stats - condi dmg, and expertise, which gives u more place for stats like vitality or toughness, boosting up survivability. On top of that, power builds need to be on target to actually do dmg, so u can trade the dmg, while s/d condi drd use sword 2, dodge and port out, which leaves very little counter play to itActually this constant poison application was big buff

You could get constant poison application pre patch and with high stacks... Infack Before the patch I could get the stacks upto 47...granted it was on a pvp golem, but the point is the change really isn't as big as you think, it's just more accessible to get higher stacks for a casual thief...thats the biggest change.

No, it's about consistency of applying condis, while staying safe. As I said ur main dmg is sword 2 + dodge which leaves very little counterplay

Add to it DRD trait rework, now every evade applying WEAKNESS that make your attacks glance even if you try to burst them, most likely you wont get anything out of it and also deny your endurance regeneration, without vigor its almost stops. Basically sword 2 + dodge applying FIVE conditions + poison from trait (6 lul) (most skills that remove 3 conditions at best so they cant get to damaging ones that applied first). Degenerate gameplay

It’s not “degenerate” because the devs clearly intended all weapons to be able to take advantage of the poison application in Deadly Arts. The main advantage of which is uptime of poison and not damage. In order to get high damage you need to (1) land your steal/mark, (2) use an attack that applies additional condi, (3) if Daredevil use a dodge at close range while no projectile denial is active, (4) whirl/projectile finisher in a poison field, (5) use utility skills that stack poison in an AoE or apply additional conditions to specific targets (Needle Preparation, Venoms, Binding Shadow, etc).

Now that’s assuming the opponent just sits there and eats the damage. Most of that can be blocked, evaded or avoided by not standing in melee range in multiple AoE fields.

Is the S/D version supereasy to deal with? Not if played well but that’s more to do with the teleport and S/D evades not the type of damage. Before staff S/D is probably the most evasive based thief gameplay. You can hate it if you want but both are intended to be hard to hit.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Trevor; no need to further explain the Truth. You've gone far beyond exposing the Truth with obvious facts.

'Denying the Truth doesn't change the facts'

'You can tell someone the truth, but they'll deny it until they are ready to accept it'

Have a good day everyone :)

@saerni.2584 said:They removed the duplicate thread so here is my response:

@Dajas.4715 said:The s/d condi thief has hardly changed since the patch, you could do crazy amount off poison stacks before and traps were better for posion builds.So why did no one bother complaining then? and that trait change didn't make a huge change.Besides they are still a thief so they are galss cannon and they die quickly.

Previously u had trait that granted chance for poison on dagger attack. Now u have constant poison application with any set, which is big buff for s/dAnother thing is the fact that power builds need power, prec and ferocity to do dmg, while condi needs only 2 stats - condi dmg, and expertise, which gives u more place for stats like vitality or toughness, boosting up survivability. On top of that, power builds need to be on target to actually do dmg, so u can trade the dmg, while s/d condi drd use sword 2, dodge and port out, which leaves very little counter play to itActually this constant poison application was big buff

You could get constant poison application pre patch and with high stacks... Infack Before the patch I could get the stacks upto 47...granted it was on a pvp golem, but the point is the change really isn't as big as you think, it's just more accessible to get higher stacks for a casual thief...thats the biggest change.

No, it's about consistency of applying condis, while staying safe. As I said ur main dmg is sword 2 + dodge which leaves very little counterplay

Add to it DRD trait rework, now every evade applying WEAKNESS that make your attacks glance even if you try to burst them, most likely you wont get anything out of it and also deny your endurance regeneration, without vigor its almost stops. Basically sword 2 + dodge applying FIVE conditions + poison from trait (6 lul) (most skills that remove 3 conditions at best so they cant get to damaging ones that applied first). Degenerate gameplay

It’s not “degenerate”Its pretty much pure "degenerate play" as aneD said about CI mirage before. Spammable immob on sw2, dodge, wow you died ! Most cleanses remove 1-3 condis but they apply FOUR with just single evade and cover poison which was applied first, the thread was deleted its called "cond drd in nutshell" for no reason, demonstrated that very well.There was Angels clip screaming, dropping keyboard at the moment cthief jumps at him (if you want, you can try to find it urself, I'm lazy)Anet promote degenerate play themselves thats what you are trying to tell me? Well, we have an answer why PvP is dead, well done Anet

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Wait, did they delete that video that was uploaded?

Hello Fat, its Eramir the one who uploaded that vid. Anet indeed removed my video and my post on the basis that it was giving feedback in an nonconstructive manner.

Its a shame and I dont really understand this, but I think its because it was actually showing gameplay and not just complaining into the nether...

@praqtos.9035 said:

@saerni.2584 said:They removed the duplicate thread so here is my response:

It’s not “degenerate”Its pretty much pure "degenerate play" as aneD said about CI mirage before. Spammable immob on sw2, dodge, wow you died ! Most cleanses remove 1-3 condis but they apply FOUR with just single evade and cover poison which was applied first, the thread was deleted its called "cond drd in nutshell" for no reason, demonstrated that very well.There was Angels clip screaming, dropping keyboard at the moment cthief jumps at him (if you want, you can try to find it urself, I'm lazy)Anet promote degenerate play themselves thats what you are trying to tell me? Well, we have an answer why PvP is dead, well done Anet

I've never seen a thief perma immobilize and burst the opponent to 0 in seconds with sw2 as it's more of a poke type style of playstyle. Totally different playstyle and outcome compared to ci mirage. If a player can't use their own ample cc's etc and cleanses against a s/d condi playstyle that's a l2p issue

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:I am really surprised that anet didn't even see this coming with the deadly arts changes, they left panic strike alone. I managed to get 3.5k poison ticks with core p/d just spamming body shot. Get rid of panic strike.

Yes get rid of a trait to weaken a already known weak 1v1 to make it have less tools to succeed in a 1v1. It's nice that these traits exist as it helps thief in fights in a way that a criteria had to be met for it to be effective unlike just being a boring below 50 hp reciever 3 second invulnerability etc. The trait is far from op. While were at ot get rid of inf arrow and poison all together cuz why would a thief use poison amiright?lol also shadow step should be removed as well until a descision can be made on whether or not to save time and resources and just delete the class.its halarious to me that a class can be in a state that the majority of players consider on the weaker side of fighting and when ask for buffs other players say the class is ok it's just other classes need toned down. Then when thief gets a minor buff and a few classes get their well deserved shaves now theirs thief OP threads concerning things that have been the same for yrs like panic strike. Seems like as classes are shaved down making thief viable somewhat in a fight 1v1 players now want thief taken down a peg lmao do u thief players actually want to always be decapper as a role?

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:I am really surprised that anet didn't even see this coming with the deadly arts changes, they left panic strike alone. I managed to get 3.5k poison ticks with core p/d just spamming body shot. Get rid of panic strike.

Body Shot is super expensive initiative wise. The shot is also super easy to strafe away from at over 600 range. Sure, you can get to 3.5k poison ticks but with no cover condi.

I don’t run Panic Strike and my peak condi damage is roughly 5.8k/sec against a static target that eats all my burst. But that will never happen in practice because cleanse, block, obstructed, etc.

@Felix.6047 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Wait, did they delete that video that was uploaded?

Hello Fat, its Eramir the one who uploaded that vid. Anet indeed removed my video and my post on the basis that it was giving feedback in an nonconstructive manner.

Its a shame and I dont really understand this, but I think its because it was actually showing gameplay and not just complaining into the nether...

l m a o

Body shot is a super slow projectile which is easy to avoid. You can sidestep it quite easily or just backpedal out of its range. A person playing p/d will rarely use it as it not a great use of INI given so many shots will not hit target. If a person eats all those hits you are playing against a rock.

INI is much better used with #3 , #5 and #5 as they all more reliable in dealing damage.

Body Shot spam is much like heartseeker spam. It only works when the enemy lets it work.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:REPEATER

sweeps all objects, papers, etc off deskJFC WHAT

That aside... fair enough..? I say that tentatively.A couple of things I would like to point out.

it looks like you're gonna be super upset if someone decides to hug you, especially if they have suitable cleanse. However, you did make some matchups leave point on numerous occasions. I will not comment on thief's +1 potential using this build because that is their job. You'd be just as battered if you ran into a +1 deadeye, thief being amazing at melting outnumbered is not new.

I can see how this draws parallels to the scrapper bunker play we have come to know (and despise). you outheal people 1v1, and can stall 1v2s long enough to get help, probably. At the same time, it isn't scrapper. It's definitely more fragile and anyone that decides to hug you with more than a modicum of cleanse is going to push you off point, probably long enough to decap.

All that being said.... I mean... I guess? I concede being able to down someone with only shortbow, poison bolts and repeater as too much bang for the buck.I don't see it as being overpowered, though: anyone that focuses you 1v2 is going to put you down because your defense is all active.It probably has the potential to be stupid if it's used specifically for area denial over points. I'm fine with removing easy area denial from the game, but is it really so strong/lacking counterplay that it needs tweaking?

An exception, though; as @Fat Disgrace.4275 mentioned. specifically paired with panic strike. that's going to need a look. that can easily become just like the cheese that got CI deleted. You stack that with S/D and have even a rudimentary knowledge of when your immobs go off, and you have a choking gas version of the chaos storm nonsense.

TL;DR annoying, but not broken. Panic strike is concerning as is. Advocate a nerf it if you want I guess. I don't think anyone worth their salt as a thief is going to miss the recent ability to stack poison in that manner only through shortbow too much.