[Merged] Reaper Tools

@LucianDK.8615 said:People whom bought the garden plots have just as much right to their feature theyve paid for. And disabling the glyph is far less harmful than disabling the plots.

On another note, isnt glyph of reaping only really useful with herbs? Since theres rarely wood or ore in range for it to work, unlike herbs.

You can slot the glyph into any gathering tool that takes glyphs. If it's slotted into a sickle it grabs all nearby nodes a sickle would gather. If you put it in a logging axe it will gather from any nearby node a logging axe would gather from.You can take the glyph and put it into an axe and for example grab all the wood from the Elder Wood nodes near Pagga's in the same amount of hits it would take you to grab one.

@NaramSin.2693 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Eleven days is not 'weeks'.

From 5 to 17 of September to be precise... and anyway I really do not understand why I should be patient when they had for example to give compensation for minor stupid bugs like useless mystic forge events... in this case their failure involved a service paid with real money and they just ask for understanding

Not a service but 2 people bought plots for real money aswell.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:People whom bought the garden plots have just as much right to their feature theyve paid for. And disabling the glyph is far less harmful than disabling the plots.

On another note, isnt glyph of reaping only really useful with herbs? Since theres rarely wood or ore in range for it to work, unlike herbs.

You can slot the glyph into any gathering tool that takes glyphs. If it's slotted into a sickle it grabs all nearby nodes a sickle would gather. If you put it in a logging axe it will gather from any nearby node a logging axe would gather from.You can take the glyph and put it into an axe and for example grab all the wood from the Elder Wood nodes near Pagga's in the same amount of hits it would take you to grab one.

I am aware what it does. My question is, do you really gain much benefit from mass reaping wood and ore? Over just having it to mass reap herbs? Theres miniscule amounts of ore or wood clumped up compared to herbs. Just doesnt seem worth it right there. Id think glyph of industry would be more useful for ore and wood.

@"Donari.5237" said:Question: I haven't tested this since seeing the announcement about the problem (I haven't dared) but does the tool still work to gather mats? I did see one or two comments that it was creating ruined mats, as if gathering with too low a tool. If it doesn't reliably collect mats then I can see the ire, though am not sure what "compensation" would even be for this short term inconvenience.I have one of these glyphs, on an alt parked at a flax farm. Yes, the tool still gathers mats, just one at a time. None of the gathered mats have been ruined and I've been using it every day.

As to the op's comments - I was confused when the glyph first stopped gathering everything at once and was mildly annoyed when I read the official announcement about it. If Anet wants to offer me compensation I sure wouldn't turn it down. However, if I were to rank life's annoyances on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst, my own annoyance about this registered at somewhere below 1. So I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for any compensation. :)

@LucianDK.8615 said:

I am aware what it does. My question is, do you really gain much benefit from mass reaping wood and ore? Over just having it to mass reap herbs? Theres miniscule amounts of ore or wood clumped up compared to herbs. Just doesnt seem worth it right there.

No, it reality it's much less useful on trees/ore as there are very few spots in the game where the nodes of wood and ore are close enough to proc the effect. Having one in your logging axe or mining pick would actually be pretty wasteful. I tested it pretty hard after I got mine.Buying three wouldn't be what I would call optimal or a smart move.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

I am aware what it does. My question is, do you really gain much benefit from mass reaping wood and ore? Over just having it to mass reap herbs? Theres miniscule amounts of ore or wood clumped up compared to herbs. Just doesnt seem worth it right there.

No, it reality it's much less useful on trees/ore as there are very few spots in the game where the nodes of wood and ore are close enough to proc the effect. Having one in your logging axe or mining pick would actually be pretty wasteful. I tested it pretty hard after I got mine.Buying three wouldn't be what I would call optimal or a smart move.

In the bugs forums theres a qqer having bought 3 of glyph of reaping for ore and wood as well, which I can only shake my head at. I think industry is a better glyph for wood and ore. Increased gathering speed. Though while I have a significant selection of glyphs, ive been sitting on 3x glyph of volatility for main use for a long time now. Ive mainly been using them to buy zone improvements in ls4. and leather shipments to sell. And id expect a new something magic glyph will be released for ls5.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

In the bugs forums theres a qqer having bought 3 of glyph of reaping for ore and wood as well, which I can only shake my head at. I think industry is a better glyph for wood and ore. Increased gathering speed. Though while I have a significant selection of glyphs, ive been sitting on 3x glyph of volatility for main use for a long time now. Ive mainly been using them to buy zone improvements in ls4. and leather shipments to sell. And id expect a new something magic glyph will be released for ls5.

@NaramSin.2693 is also here claiming to have purchased three as well.Sure industry would be better. Just about anything would. I can only think of two spots where putting a glyph of reaping in a mining tool would be a good idea. And one of those is dependent on the daily spawn points. That means a whole lot of wasted potential bonus.

I highly doubt anyone so focused over a relatively small amount of money wouldn't have thought this through.

@NaramSin.2693 said:

From 5 to 17 of September to be precise... and anyway I really do not understand why I should be patient when they had for example to give compensation for minor stupid bugs like useless mystic forge events... in this case their failure involved a service paid with real money and they just ask for understanding

It's at 9am PDT, so there's not much of that day to count. As for 'mystic forge events', compensation? Or just awarded the rewards...after a week had passed? (I'm really not sure what 'mystic forge event' to which you refer.)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's at 9am PDT, so there's not much of that day to count. As for 'mystic forge events', compensation? Or just awarded the rewards...after a week had passed? (I'm really not sure what 'mystic forge event' to which you refer.)

Well no, they sent a message stating that for a "bug problem" the event failed and people wasted materials donating in the forge and the real behaviour wasn't as expected, so they sent a "compenastion", the reward was a different thing

• Like 1

@NaramSin.2693 is also here claiming to have purchased three as well.Sure industry would be better. Just about anything would. I can only think of two spots where putting a glyph of reaping in a mining tool would be a good idea. And one of those is dependent on the daily spawn points. That means a whole lot of wasted potential bonus.

I highly doubt anyone so focused over a relatively small amount of money wouldn't have thought this through.I use them in my Home instance, guild hall gathering nodes, flax spot, and almost everyting that are in a compact zone, it is also very useful in WvW where the time it's critical, so having them disabled due to another item bug from my point of view it's a real problem.

• Like 1

I'm ok with the glyphs going down. The benefits were marginal and I still got cute dragons to harvest my stuff for me. It's annoying yeah but not world-ending to the point I'm gonna throw a fit for not having the bonuses for two weeks-ish. Thank goodness for the consortium sickle, else the 30-man daily flax farms would be a nightmare, though.

Are there plans to re-enable this "Disabled the Glyph of Reaping in instances for players who are not instance owners." ~ Release Notes or is this permanent?

My reason being that my wife and I have enjoyed Guild Wars since 2005 and have played every aspect of the game together since then until now. We absolutely work on progressing our individual account home instances I support her and provide items in her instance and she has done the same for me. We ensure we both have the same things in the game. and we enjoy using them together. This is not a fix for us and likely others who do the same. Please reconsider this fix! We are patient and can / will wait for the enabling of it.

If this is your decision to permanently disable Reaper tools in home instances for non-owners, are we able to get a refund? Literally the only reason we bought the reaper set was for our home instance farm! Since we can't farm together I see no need to keep them, I'd rather have others.

"Disabled the Glyph of Reaping in instances for players who are not instance owners."

This "fix" is garbage - the only reason that I purchased on my 4 alts was to efficiently harvest my home instance

There should be a better fix for your ascended material gathering fiasco - or a refund for being "not as advertised"

• Like 1

@"Sindariel.2354" said:Ok. You didn't mention alt accounts in your previous post. This changes the meaning of your complaint.

They did in the OP

This "fix" is garbage - the only reason that I purchased on my ....4 alts..... was to efficiently harvest my home instance

EditWay to not be able to read bettwen the lines, if its not working on 4 alts obvousoly its other accounts not 4 other characters on the main account =)