[Merged] Reaper Tools

I can see some grey areas, but I'm willing to wait and see. I can see "exploity" reasons why they would disable them. But that should have gone into though before putting them out. After all there are not a lot of groves with 600 range or even 900 for them to be used in open world so it seemed quite obvious they were meant for home instance, GH and WvW were nodes ARE in range for it's use. Maybe they had issues with the new Ascended garden box? but either way it's looking more like I'll be asking for a refund :s :'(

Greetings,

I'm creating a new post because this is not about the 3 weeks that I lost but about the months to come.

I bought the glyph of reaping 3 times; one for each type of gathering tools. I use them to farm home instances and guild halls quickly. And that's pretty much all the points in the game where they really shine, because real farm spots in the open world are rare and you could just use a glyph of industry on those.

Now the latest patch "fixed" the glyph of reaping. You can only use them if you are the instance owner. A guild hall is an instance that has no instance owner. So all the glyphs of reaping are worthless now because I cannot farm home instances and I cannot farm guild halls anymore. What is the point of this glyph at this point? I don't see any value that would justify the gem price for this. I bought it to have it for life and not to stash them into the bank and forget about them after half a year because they got useless.

So what are the options for owners of the glyph? Can we request a refund? Will there be a real fix? Do we have to throw them away and never look back?An answer would be very much appreciated.

regards

Does it not work in guild halls? I presumed that to be home instance restriction only.

Also, I don't think this is an issue that needs compensation - as a glyph owner, I don't even think it's an issue at all, honestly, especially since it still functions perfectly well on every other node farm I run. One daily harvest versus close to 25 chars over 3 flax farms is nothing.

It sucks that it's a little less convenient, yes, but as a means of not invalidating a fairly important (if not very glamorous) segment of the game, it's pretty needed, for now.

Best case is this is a hotfix that will eventually get revisited when the dev team has less on their plates.

I Agree, I would like to have a refund, they can take back this crap and give me back 3000 gems. as expected the management of this issue was a complete mess, just a waste of time and money, hope they will face the truth and act as a responsible company, in the past when they removed pvp sigil features they correctly gave a refund.I will ask support to take back these items and give me back the gems.

We have lost functionality with this 'fix'. I'm not happy. I daily gather the guild hall, and between my friend's home instance and mine - cover off all the home instance nodes. I purchased the harvesting tools to help with these activities... and now do not get the benefit that I purchased. Surely there is a more thorough fix that can done.

• Like 1

I agree with Seth. Where is my Glyph of Reaping useful now?I purchased it because my spouse and I complete dailies together - using the same home instance, of course.In the open world, other than a select few patches here and there, most nodes are not close enough to warrant the use of the Glyph of Reaping. (Or will that be changing? Hmmn?)It isn't working for guild halls, either--even for the "owner" of the guild hall.
I'm hoping ArenaNet reconsiders their decision to disable use in others' instances. Otherwise, I may be requesting a refund.
It was great while it lasted, though!

they disabled it because it could let others harvest ascended herbs and not needing to replant them, when its intended you do so. Ascended herb prices went south when others could freely loot your home and you never needed to replant as long you didnt loot your own. But yourself could loot another home with no repercusions. And glyph of reaping bypassed the first fix they made, so they had to disable it.

@"Pifil.5193" said:Fix the real issue, harvesting other people's ascended herbs. Maybe hide them so the tool can't "see" ascended herbs or have them drop ruined crops if you're not the instance owner. Breaking the tool in the guild hall is an especially terrible idea.

I agree, why wasn't ascended chef gated like the rest? Why isn't it gated at the crafting process like other ascended crafting is. It would remove the problem of home instance and things could go back to normal. But that is off topic and another one of my posts.

They are apparently working on a fix for the guild hall issue with the use of the Reaper tools.

• 11 months later...

@"Voltaire.8369" said:| "Disabled the Glyph of Reaping in instances for players who are not instance owners." ... is this permanent?Apparently, it's permanent as a year later, Reaper tools still do not function in other players' home instances. At least it works in guild halls now.

Yes it seems so.