Grothmar Valley Last POI

Jables.4659

@Ryukai.6524 said:

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:How do I decode this?

The trees south of the camp in the Wardowns area have the same pictures scratched into the trunks, you click the trees that match the same pictures. Left is the first one, right is the last one. If you click the wrong tree you get burned and it resets so you have to start back at the first tree again.

Yeah I already found out by the way there are more trees with symbols today the code is another including other trees/symbols.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Tukaram.8256 said:I must say that running around 45 minutes looking for trees is a great example of everything wrong with gaming. What a horrid thing. Who comes up with this?

This only takes like 3 minutes, not 45, once you know the locations (help: Wiki) and look up the code at the small drawer in the tent first thing.

The pic shows the general location of the trees - but not which tree is which. The code on the desk changes daily, but the trees seem to be the same. Maybe I will fix the map to show which tree is which.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:Where was the clue about this given?

I wondered that too, certainly I missed the hint on my first play through of the story and the zone.

On the second play through I listened carefully to the NPCS.

It turns out the clue is given when you go to speak to Malice Swordshadow during the storyline, you need to listen to her carefully.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:The trees change daily. There are six of them. The daily pattern is shown on the table next to Malice, or so I was told.

UKUeWel.jpg

What camera settings do you use? I can never see the symbols that clear. I play the smallest asura and the camera height is adjusted to the height of my character.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:It's too hard to see the carvings. Even knowing where they are finding the trees again takes upwards of 10 min each if you have bad luck.

It only takes a few minutes. It’s also not based on luck because you’re only checking five trees which don’t move.

I believe there are 8 different markings/trees.

@"Charrbeque.8729" said:There's a guide on the wiki for it. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Carved_Path

Ah, thanks for the link and kudos to the person who created that page. My charr holo is currently living in Gothmar Valley as he really, really wants the Bloodbound title. This link will help him get the requisite dailies done. :)

Oh, let me make sure I've got this right though - the marks used and the order to use them in changes every day, but the marks on the trees do not change. The same tree holds the same mark every day. Is that right?