[Merged] Oh cool you must buy more build slots

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if it was limited and there wasnt an option to buy more you all would be fine by it? The change is that you can switch between them with 1 click of a button. While in gw1 you had to load a file from your own pc or copy it from internet.You still had to manually switch your equipment.

It was expected they didnt gave the entire feature for free.Its still an huge improvement of the game.And yes. I would gladly buy more slots if necessary

@yoni.7015 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:In every suggestion thread for 7 years, players expected and even requested it to be monetised by selling slots.Did they? I definitely didn't suggest anything like that. In fact, 7 years ago i would have been absolutely horrified and surprised by the whole idea. And the only thing that have changed in 7 years is that i am no longer as surprised as i would have been then.Guess my belief in Anet was slowly dying bit by bit all over the years every time they have pushed the envelope even further and tested what the community can still stomach.

You are surprised that they want to make money so that they can pay their employees? Do you work for free? Some people here seem to live in a Dreamworld where everything is free and no one has to pay for anything.

I like living in a world where not literally everything a business does that costs them money is monetized somehow. It's nice to know that when I go to a restaurant I can, e.g., stop in the restroom without worrying about whether I brought forty cents for the stall lock, twenty-five cents for the metered water dispenser, fifteen cents for the soap dispenser, and a nickel for the paper towel dispenser. I'm still perfectly happy to pay much larger amounts per item for the meal.

Sometimes companies realize that the little things need to be free so that they can keep selling the big ones. Making people pay to keep a list of chatcodes just feels scummy -- how long until they decide that playing the game with notepad open is a breach of ToS because people would rather do that than pay 10 bucks to keep an extra code or two ingame?

Edit: It's especially annoying to keep hearing players be accused of greed when the most common demand you see on the forms is, effectively, "when are we going to be able to pay $60 for a chunk of content rather than getting dribbles for free?"

@Blocki.4931 said:We had 7 years without them and we get it for free. It's just another account upgrade.

except that arc allows us to use them for free and anet greenlit it until they had templates in game. They are going to force arc to shut down and so a feature we did used to have for free is now being reintroduced behind a paywall. This isn't cool.

@susana.7814 said:

@yoni.7015 said:Some people just have to get offended and cry about it. Even when it is about people getting paid for their work.

They already get paid for their work. this isn't going to give devs extra pay, this is 100% going to the money grubbing people at the top.

Oh no a Company wants to make profit. How dare they. Time to wake up from your dreamworld. We don’t live in communism. Maybe when you will get a job you will understand ...

@susana.7814 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:We had 7 years without them and we get it for free. It's just another account upgrade.

except that arc allows us to use them for free and anet greenlit it until they had templates in game. They are going to force arc to shut down and so a feature we did used to have for free is now being reintroduced behind a paywall. This isn't cool.

Then take it up with Anet they have a suggestion forum for that. Stop spreading your personal hatred for the game on us because you just felt like complaining today.

@yoni.7015 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:In every suggestion thread for 7 years, players expected and even requested it to be monetised by selling slots.Did they? I definitely didn't suggest anything like that. In fact, 7 years ago i would have been absolutely horrified and surprised by the whole idea. And the only thing that have changed in 7 years is that i am no longer as surprised as i would have been then.Guess my belief in Anet was slowly dying bit by bit all over the years every time they have pushed the envelope even further and tested what the community can still stomach.

You are surprised that they want to make money so that they can pay their employees? Do you work for free? Some people here seem to live in a Dreamworld where everything is free and no one has to pay for anything.

They literally already get paid by having everything else on gemstore. and a lot of us complaining about build templates would be happy to pay for story season pass type of things but templates are a very big game changing feature that should never be locked behind a paywall.

Actually it is not a game changing feature. And you still can convert gold to gems so you don’t even have to pay with money. But I guess people like you think that they will get everything for free and others are only working without getting paid to please them. We even get some of them for free.

actually for those of us with more than 5+ builds it is a game changing feature when i don't have to spend 10 minutes swapping every time i want to swap, which is very frequently. And as I have said, I am okay with paid content, but not something like this. It is astounding what people like you will let them get away with

Get away with? That there are people who work and want money for their work? Of course, if you live at your parents house it may seem odd that people are getting paid for their work

lol I'm 27, on my own, have my own house, my own car, do very well for myself. This isn't about my personal income. It is about the principle and if you don't get that now, you never will.

@SLOTH.5231 said:

Then take it up with Anet they have a suggestion forum for that. Stop spreading your personal hatred for the game on us because you just felt like complaining today.

Because I want them to actually read what I have to say, you think they are gonna scroll through a billion pages and read everything? they aren't

@yoni.7015 said:

@yoni.7015 said:Some people just have to get offended and cry about it. Even when it is about people getting paid for their work.

They already get paid for their work. this isn't going to give devs extra pay, this is 100% going to the money grubbing people at the top.

Oh no a Company wants to make profit. How dare they. Time to wake up from your dreamworld. We don’t live in communism. Maybe when you will get a job you will understand ...

lol and if you think a company has to charge for every little thing they do in order to make profit, i think you're the one who needs to wake up.

@susana.7814 said:

lol and if you think a company has to charge for every little thing they do in order to make profit, i think you're the one who needs to wake up.

They don’t charge for every little thing. I don’t know why you are spreading lies. Did you have to pay for the episodes? No you did not.

@yoni.7015 said:

They don’t charge for every little thing. I don’t know why you are spreading lies. Did you have to pay for the episodes? No you did not.

oh cool....u mean i dont have to pay for a 2 hour story that takes them somehow 3 months to make? wow cool, i dont have to pay for literally the most boring and useless content they release.

Meanwhile anything of any value at all.....guess what, u have to buy.

@susana.7814 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:In every suggestion thread for 7 years, players expected and even requested it to be monetised by selling slots.Did they? I definitely didn't suggest anything like that. In fact, 7 years ago i would have been absolutely horrified and surprised by the whole idea. And the only thing that have changed in 7 years is that i am no longer as surprised as i would have been then.Guess my belief in Anet was slowly dying bit by bit all over the years every time they have pushed the envelope even further and tested what the community can still stomach.

They literally already get paid by having everything else on gemstore. and a lot of us complaining about build templates would be happy to pay for story season pass type of things but templates are a very big game changing feature that should never be locked behind a paywall.

Actually it is not a game changing feature. And you still can convert gold to gems so you don’t even have to pay with money. But I guess people like you think that they will get everything for free and others are only working without getting paid to please them. We even get some of them for free.

actually for those of us with more than 5+ builds it is a game changing feature when i don't have to spend 10 minutes swapping every time i want to swap, which is very frequently. And as I have said, I am okay with paid content, but not something like this. It is astounding what people like you will let them get away with

Get away with? That there are people who work and want money for their work? Of course, if you live at your parents house it may seem odd that people are getting paid for their work

lol I'm 27, on my own, have my own house, my own car, do very well for myself. This isn't about my personal income. It is about the principle and if you don't get that now, you never will.

Then you woke up and realized it was all a dream.

@SLOTH.5231 said:

Then you woke up and realized it was all a dream.

lol, still having nothing of value to say i see.

@susana.7814 said:

oh cool....u mean i dont have to pay for a 2 hour story that takes them somehow 3 months to make? wow cool, i dont have to pay for literally the most boring and useless content they release.

You are still spreading lies. We will get some templates for free. Only if you want to have more you have to pay. And I mean you are telling us you have a car and a house, I am sure you will manage paying a little money for a game. So that other people maybe will get a house and a car.

@yoni.7015 said:

Oh no a Company wants to make profit. How dare they. Time to wake up from your dreamworld. We don’t live in communism.

No, we don't. That means customers have the right to close their wallets to businesses for any reason they like, including feeling revolted at their business practices. The thing about casual games like GW2 is, it's pretty easy to just walk away for a while and not bother with it.

@susana.7814 said:

Yeah sureBut that maybe others want to earn money so they can have a house and a car. That is so horrible for you?

@susana.7814 said:Expected by who? I've been playing since release, no one wanted paid templates. They just wanted them in game. No other game I have EVER played has charged for templates and frankly the concept of them charging for them is absurd.

A more traditional implementation would have been something like 10g for your first slot, 50g for the second, 100g for the third and 200g past that.

@yoni.7015 said:

You are still spreading lies. We will get some templates for free. Only if you want to have more you have to pay. And I mean you are telling us you have a car and a house, I am sure you will manage paying a little money for a game. So that other people maybe will get a house and a car.

true or not, additional templates will be paid content? It's not a lie to say that.

@Healix.5819 said:

@susana.7814 said:Expected by who? I've been playing since release, no one wanted paid templates. They just wanted them in game. No other game I have EVER played has charged for templates and frankly the concept of them charging for them is absurd.

A more traditional implementation would have been something like 10g for your first slot, 50g for the second, 100g for the third and 200g past that.

That would be a lot more palatable than what we all know the costs will end up being.

@kiranslee.4829 said:

@LaFurion.3167 said:So you only get 3 per acc on release and have to buy more if you want to be able to use more than 3 builds??

Is the 3 build slots per class?? So 3 ranger builds and 3 warrior builds etc, or just 3 across the whole acc??

Because.... gem store for build slots seems kind of money grubbing. I'm grateful for the system though sigh...

Ofc it's money-grabbing. Anet is doing BUSINESS not a charity. I dont wanna lose money neither but it's understandable.

I would argue running what u call business, in this manner, leads to shutting down, but hey thats just me.

I would argue that giving EVERYTHING away for free will lead to shutting down sooner. You get plenty of free templates, but if you want to play 100 different builds per class, then support the game with $$$.

@PeerlessArch.6547 said:

@LaFurion.3167 said:So you only get 3 per acc on release and have to buy more if you want to be able to use more than 3 builds??

Is the 3 build slots per class?? So 3 ranger builds and 3 warrior builds etc, or just 3 across the whole acc??

Because.... gem store for build slots seems kind of money grubbing. I'm grateful for the system though sigh...

Ofc it's money-grabbing. Anet is doing BUSINESS not a charity. I dont wanna lose money neither but it's understandable.

I would argue running what u call business, in this manner, leads to shutting down, but hey thats just me.

I would argue that giving EVERYTHING away for free will lead to shutting down sooner. You get plenty of free templates, but if you want to play 100 different builds per class, then support the game with $$$.

That is the problem for many. They want everything for free and don’t want to support a game they play because everyone is working for fun to please them.

@SLOTH.5231 said:I’m here defending a game I love it’s not perfect by no means but to complain about a free item is just dumb as hell.

Personal attacks are not defending a game you love.

I also love the game or i wouldn't even be here complaining. Maybe try to see other veiwpoints than just your own and try to understand other people instead of resorting to attacking right off the bat.

@yoni.7015 said:

Yeah sureBut that maybe others want to earn money so they can have a house and a car. That is so horrible for you?

Those people are already being paid and the ones who truely profit off of this make more than 50x what their devs make. which i can promise you, is enough to afford all those things.