[Merged] Oh cool you must buy more build slots

@Despond.2174 said:Hmm, 3 per character for free is ok but I feel this feature should have been something that's core like the changes to novelties etc. I hear they won't work for PVP, is this true?

3 per character is fine for you, not for me. I have over 20 builds on my ele main alone not including my other characters and other account. You know how much that's going to cost me if I actually want the same features that I already have today without their monetized build templates? Some of us like to play around with different builds and have variations of builds for certain situations.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"TheGrimm.5624" said:I agree the method being used is the drug dealer method of here the first ones are free but if you want more....

But......these still cost nothing since you don't have to spend money on them, just farm the gold and do the conversion. Impatiention has its own price. You now have a month's warning so if it does bother you that extra ones will need to come from the gem store then get to farming and converting. Get out of the microwave generation.

Of course they do cost. Even if i'm not personally paying for them, someone else is. And the real cost is supporting this way of releasing content for all the future "QoL" updates.Buying the tabs, whether with real cash or with gold, is saying Anet "we're okay with it, please, skin us more".

@yoni.7015 said:I never said that. But I can only speak for myself and for me it is okay. That you don’t want to support a game you play and support their employees, that is your thing, there are always unsocial people who think that way.I do want to support this game (and i definitely have done enough of it in the past). That doesn't mean i am going to support the devs unconditionally, no matter what they do and how bad i think it turned out. Why exactly do you think i should support the devs when they turn the game into something i no longer want to play? I'm not running a charity here.

TL;DR: I will support the devs as long as they make this game something i enjoy playing. I see no reason to support them when they make this game something you enjoy playing, but i do not. If you love devs introducing more and more monetization for less content every year, feel free to pay for it out of your own pockets, don't try to guilt trip others to do it for you.

@yoni.7015 said:Some people here seem to forget that Anet and its employees need to make money or do you work for free?

Some people here seem to forget that companies and its employees make more money by supporting and keeping their customers happy than by milking them. ANet is perfectly free to create and charge for a new service that fulfils a need that their customers were requesting, but when they go out of their way to remove a service that its customers were already enjoying for free just to later tack monetization on it, it becomes exploitation.

there's a reason why car makers dont charge you for using the steering wheel after 1 hour of driving. they COULD do that. but then people would stop buying from those car makers that do, and instead buy cars from others that dont. and that car makers and their employees would be very, very sad when they hit the unemployment line

As a developer it’s understandable for me to have it, pay to aquire more.

It’s a free feature for the player, since we had none of it before, and we can now save builds 3x more than we could.

Some players only have 1, 2 toons, others have 20 can u guys imagine those 20 toon account wanting to save as many builds they Wanted???

I'm not running a charity here.Neither are theyThen why do you expect me to support them in exchange for them taking away my options?

You don’t have to. You will get templates for free.

We already have templates NOW for free without restriction.

I'm not running a charity here.Neither are theyThen why do you expect me to support them in exchange for them taking away my options?

But not from Arenanet. And the deal with the developer of Arcdps was that he will shut down when Arenanet releases templates.

But not from Arenanet. And the deal with the developer of Arcdps was that he will shut down when Arenanet releases templates.

yeah and that's a shame.

How many ? When they did it in GW1 (for free), the limit was 550 templates per folder, and that was a technical limit.They did it 10 years ago. A template feature is the same no matter the game, you have a string representing the template (with all the tags of skills or equipment in order) and a function that processes it and auto swamp items.

How many ? When they did it in GW1 (for free), the limit was 550 templates per folder, and that was a technical limit.They did it 10 years ago. A template feature is the same no matter the game, you have a string representing the template (with all the tags of skills or equipment in order) and a function that processes it and auto swamp items.

Guild Wars 2 is not Guild Wars 1.

@yoni.7015 said:Guild Wars 2 is not Guild Wars 1.

Finally someone said that =)

Guys, everyone who demands 'Unlimited' stuff for Free, i hope you understand that you really pushing arena net into creating optional subscription fee, and only by paying that fee you can have that 'Unlimited'.

And as for 3rd party addons, '3rd party' whats important here. It can be disabled anytime, anywhere. And arena net needs no explaining to do to noone, if they will wish to do it.

So ? just because it's not the same game doesn't mean the design should change. That's a template feature, for god sake, it's basic work for a UI coder. A week at most, alone, with testing and bug catching. Most functions are already built and can be called as is(swapping skills and items), you only have to redesign a small part of the UI or make another form to save and load templates. The string doesn't really need any formatting as we already have skills and items tags, you just need to concat them in a specific order and put than in the char database.

Seriously I can model it right now and I'm just posting. Their UI designer can own that in an afternoon.

edit : did you just toss subcription in the same sentence as GW1 ? GW1 was 4 paid games with an almost inexistant cash shop, and we had crazy interface updates, like spectator mode and template feature for free.

So ? just because it's not the same game doesn't mean the design should change. That's a template feature, for god sake, it's basic work for a UI coder. A week at most, alone, with testing and bug catching. Most functions are already built and can be called as is(swapping skills and items), you only have to redesign a small part of the UI or make another form to save and load templates. The string doesn't really need any formatting as we already have skills and items tags, you just need to concat them in a specific order and put than in the char database.

Seriously I can model it right now and I'm just posting. Their UI designer can own that in an afternoon.

It is not the same game. It is like comparing apples with bananas. They made the decision and we should respect that.

@susana.7814 said:

@Hoover.6394 said:its not paid content if you get 3 free ones, if you want more than that it;s your own decision

paying for it when they give such a paltry amount when they know that the vast majority of players who would use them have more than 3 builds per toon, means that yes it is paid content

Do you have numbers for that? Then please share them with us.

I can understand the gear slots for your equipment costing extra to get additional slots, as it is bonus storage in a way; it's really no different from shared inventory slots, mat storage, bank tabs, or bag slots. Though it does confuse me why the build templates will also be monetized if they can just be reduced to chat codes that you can share. I'm not going to throw a hissy fit over it, it's not that big of a deal, just kinda...strange.

@yoni.7015 said:

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:We already have templates NOW for free without restriction.

But not from Arenanet. And the deal with the developer of Arcdps was that he will shut down when Arenanet releases templates.Yes, precisely. The better and free solution gets shut down so Anet can introduce a worse and paid one. For me, that's a net negative.

@yoni.7015 said:Guild Wars 2 is not Guild Wars 1.Yes, unfortunately so. In this case, it's so much less.