[Merged] Oh cool you must buy more build slots

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@LaFurion.3167 said:So you only get 3 per acc on release and have to buy more if you want to be able to use more than 3 builds??

Is the 3 build slots per class?? So 3 ranger builds and 3 warrior builds etc, or just 3 across the whole acc??

Because.... gem store for build slots seems kind of money grubbing. I'm grateful for the system though sigh...

Ofc it's money-grabbing. Anet is doing BUSINESS not a charity. I dont wanna lose money neither but it's understandable.

I would argue running what u call business, in this manner, leads to shutting down, but hey thats just me.

I guess getting some free and buy more is money grabbing. Might as well complain players are being screwed over by limited bank space.At least bank tabs are account wide.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@LaFurion.3167 said:So you only get 3 per acc on release and have to buy more if you want to be able to use more than 3 builds??

Is the 3 build slots per class?? So 3 ranger builds and 3 warrior builds etc, or just 3 across the whole acc??

Because.... gem store for build slots seems kind of money grubbing. I'm grateful for the system though sigh...

Ofc it's money-grabbing. Anet is doing BUSINESS not a charity. I dont wanna lose money neither but it's understandable.

I would argue running what u call business, in this manner, leads to shutting down, but hey thats just me.

I guess getting some free and buy more is money grabbing. Might as well complain players are being screwed over by limited bank space.At least bank tabs are account wide.

Obviously I'm not addressing the functionality of banktabs but the availability. The function of banktabs and these templates is hard to compare.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Obviously I'm not addressing the functionality of banktabs but the availability. The function of banktabs and these templates is hard to compare.So am i. Account-wide unlocks, that are bought once and useful for all characters, both current and future, are of much higher quality than per-character unlocks that you need to buy for each char and lose if you happen to delete said char.(yes, as you can probably guess, i am also not very fond of bag slot unlocks)In this case, they key unlocks (for gear tabs and build tabs) are per characer, not per account.

@Tukaram.8256 said:

@fewfield.7802 said:Ofc it's money-grabbing. Anet is doing BUSINESS not a charity. I dont wanna lose money neither but it's understandable.I can only feel sad about how much did the standarts change, and how much do we allow devs to get away with nowadays. Time after time we allow for the envelope to be pushed further and further. I really worry how bad it will be in 2-3 years from now.I mean, several years ago this would be considered to be an expansion feature - one of
many
expansion features. Now we have people defending the fact that this feature, alone, will probably cost more than an expac would.

So, tell me again how it is okay.

Couldn't agree more.

It does sound like what would be an expansion feature. But, in an expansion, they would probably only give us a limited amount (say 3?), and then make more available for sale. So if they are giving us 3 for free, and making more available - yeah, that is alright with me. I doubt I would ever use the 3 they give us... but we each play differently...

I'm actually not too bothered by the template slots costing money. Having several in general, never mind for free is quite nice and the additional ones are more nice to have anyway. I am bothered with the build storage costing money, because that just feels like milking the cow philosophy...

I was agreeing with @Astralporing.1957 criticising @fewfield.7802 for setting the standard that money-grabbing as a business model is okay. Because it's not. Or at least it shouldn't be. But then you get 9 Build Storage Slots instead of unlimited like in GW1... 9... One for each class, yay.

Guild Wars 2 is a Buy-To-Play game.

Come on, how is ANet supposed to make money?

I'd rather have purchasable Build slots than the Gem Store vomit cosmetics, honestly.

Can't you be just happy about the features you get already for free instead of making a rant about it?

Wake up. You are demanding free stuff from a company. Companies make money do you can play your game.

ArenaNet is not a charity organisation.

Tell me, why don't you go create something and give it away for nothing?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:Obviously I'm not addressing the functionality of banktabs but the availability. The function of banktabs and these templates is hard to compare.So am i. Account-wide unlocks, that are bought once and useful for all characters, both current and future, are of much higher quality than per-character unlocks that you need to buy for each char and lose if you happen to delete said char.(yes, as you can probably guess, i am also not very fond of bag slot unlocks)In this case, they key unlocks (for gear tabs and build tabs) are per characer, not per account.

With availability I meant how you can obtain them not how they are accessed by multiple characters as thats their function, at least thats how I see it...

As in 1 banktab is very limited, you probably want/need to buy more. The same way you could argue these templates or slots are limited, you need to buy more.You could call both money grabbing. But you also get a certain amount free.

I agree that a bankslot is more universally useful over your whole account than a character enhancement. Of course, with each character having that base amount.

Why I wouldnt compare bankslots is: You also get more free. You only get 1-20 (40?) space bank slot over your whole account. Not per each character.

This is a feature that should have been included in the game at launch and now you want to charge us for the right to use more than 3 per character? this is a slap in the face to anyone who held off on using things like third party templates that do this for free and do it better i might add.

Pretty scum business decision on your part despite this being some of the only actual content discussed on the announcement. It's like you all are trying to kill off any goodwill you might have had left after that announcement.

@Randulf.7614 said:In every suggestion thread for 7 years, players expected and even requested it to be monetised by selling slots.Did they? I definitely didn't suggest anything like that. In fact, 7 years ago i would have been absolutely horrified and surprised by the whole idea. And the only thing that have changed in 7 years is that i am no longer as surprised as i would have been then.Guess my belief in Anet was slowly dying bit by bit all over the years every time they have pushed the envelope even further and tested what the community can still stomach.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:In every suggestion thread for 7 years, players expected and even requested it to be monetised by selling slots.Did they? I definitely didn't suggest anything like that. In fact, 7 years ago i would have been absolutely horrified and surprised by the whole idea. And the only thing that have changed in 7 years is that i am no longer as surprised as i would have been then.Guess my belief in Anet was slowly dying bit by bit all over the years every time they have pushed the envelope even further and tested what the community can still stomach.

You are surprised that they want to make money so that they can pay their employees? Do you work for free? Some people here seem to live in a Dreamworld where everything is free and no one has to pay for anything.

They didn't want build templates at launch. GW1 was all about builds - you were basically expected to change for every map. They specifically didn't want that for GW2. They wanted you to stick to a single build, which is why you had to reset it at a trainer.

Charging for build templates was always expected and this exact implementation has been suggested for years (minus the ability to have it double as a costume template).

@yoni.7015 said:

You are surprised that they want to make money so that they can pay their employees? Do you work for free? Some people here seem to live in a Dreamworld where everything is free and no one has to pay for anything.

They literally already get paid by having everything else on gemstore. and a lot of us complaining about build templates would be happy to pay for story season pass type of things but templates are a very big game changing feature that should never be locked behind a paywall.

@Healix.5819 said:They didn't want build templates at launch. GW1 was all about builds - you were basically expected to change for every map. They specifically didn't want that for GW2. They wanted you to stick to a single build, which is why you had to reset it at a trainer.

Charging for build templates was always expected and this exact implementation has been suggested for years (minus the ability to have it double as a costume template).

Expected by who? I've been playing since release, no one wanted paid templates. They just wanted them in game. No other game I have EVER played has charged for templates and frankly the concept of them charging for them is absurd.

@susana.7814 said:

They literally already get paid by having everything else on gemstore. and a lot of us complaining about build templates would be happy to pay for story season pass type of things but templates are a very big game changing feature that should never be locked behind a paywall.

Actually it is not a game changing feature. And you still can convert gold to gems so you don’t even have to pay with money. But I guess people like you think that they will get everything for free and others are only working without getting paid to please them. We even get some of them for free.

@yoni.7015 said:

Actually it is not a game changing feature. And you still can convert gold to gems so you don’t even have to pay with money. But I guess people like you think that they will get everything for free and others are only working without getting paid to please them. We even get some of them for free.

actually for those of us with more than 5+ builds it is a game changing feature when i don't have to spend 10 minutes swapping every time i want to swap, which is very frequently. And as I have said, I am okay with paid content, but not something like this. It is astounding what people like you will let them get away with

@susana.7814 said:This is a feature that should have been included in the game at launch and now you want to charge us for the right to use more than 3 per character? this is a slap in the face to anyone who held off on using things like third party templates that do this for free and do it better i might add.

Pretty scum business decision on your part despite this being some of the only actual content discussed on the announcement. It's like you all are trying to kill off any goodwill you might have had left after that announcement.

There is already a thread about this topic. Why open a new one? And your crying is just ridiculous. We even hey templates for free and we can convert gold to gems to buy them.

@SLOTH.5231 said:

@SLOTH.5231 said:Please for the love of god please stop drowning us in tears.

Please for the love of god, go troll elsewhere if you have nothing at all of value to say.

You’re the troll for complaining about a free feature so go jump in a lake kid or maybe get a job if you want extra slots?

I have a job, you're still contributing nothing of value here. Want to continue making baseless assumptions about me? or do you actually have anything of value to say? my guess is not.