How is the warrior interesting and fun to play?

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

I like to have all the classes that are even the bit inserting to me but I can't seem to understand why the warrior class is interesting with all of the other classes that are in the game. But I'm a fair man and I'm willing to hear out the reason why all of you love this profession. I like to thoey build if there is an opinion and I have made a build for each class but this one. I can't seem to find what spec would most interesting and fun to go with I'm mostly a DPS kind of guy and do mostly PvE stuff. So prove me wrong about this class and any tips on making a powerful warrior

You have access to a lot of weapons, you're very self sufficient and there is a decent skill ceiling with fun skill rotations imo.

Try testing around some. Use Axe Axe/Greatsword. Get to 80, go Dagger/Axe as Spellbreaker or Longbow for some fun as Berserker. This is a very "feel good" class to me, packing the right amounts of damage, utility with easy access to condition cleanse and stunbreaks as well as CC whenever it matters. Nothing in this game can be quite as satisfying as using a Hammer F1 -> Fullcounter -> Hammer F1 in WvW or even PvE into a group of mobs either :)

It's not so over-the-top with its particle effects (excluding the Mesmer elite spec we got in PoF), therefore it's the 'most' pleasing for your eyes.It's the most "normal" looking class (yes some people prefer that).It's the only profession with Axe/Axe being a viable choice (until they get nerfed).

Other than that, I can't really say anything positive about Warrior.

I like warrior as well as other professions.I usually exclusively play mage profession but I tried warrior too.I was very entertained, it is all but basic. Sure, your skills are simple but unless you massively invest into defense or sustain, you are still fragile and need attention to stay alive.Several skills have a strong feeling of power (bull charge, greatsword, axe...), and unleashing burst is always satisfying.Plus, warrior is heavy armor, arguably the best looking (by far if you play charr).

I am even leveling a new warrior focused on cc (mace/mace/shield/hammer, with physical skills).average damage but fun! can't wait to break bars like crazy.

Warrior in GW2 is the jack of all trades but master of none. There is something for everyone in Warrior. You can build a warrior that can reach 5k toughness, or go the completely opposite direction.

Warrior has the most weapons available, which means a great deal of variety. Core, Spellbreaker, and Berserker have builds for all game modes, but YMMV with them.

Warrior does have the fewest skills at a time to utilize though, albeit with appropriately shorter CDs, so it feels like each skill has to be used more tactically and not spammed. Its not like I can just switch attunements or Tome or Tool Kit.

So I find Warrior to be fun in that no matter what I am doing in the game, I can throw a new weapon up, swap a traitline or two, and start swinging (or shooting). A great deal of Warrior sustain comes from numerous, but small, sources of self healing. This, along with higher base health and heavy armor, allows them to forgo more defense in favor of damage relative to other classes, but as has been alluded to already if you screw up you still die.

That and few things compare to the feeing of downing 5 players in WvW with Arc Divider, or blasting someone with Gunflame.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Warrior in GW2 is the jack of all trades but master of none. There is something for everyone in Warrior.

Except for the crowd that wants Warrior Rifle to be on par with other 1200 range weapons.Currently (and since launch) ranged weapons for power Warriors are jokes.

I agree that rifle needs buffing on some of its skills, namely the AA, Rifle2, and Rifle 3. I'm personally fine with Rifle4 and Rifle5. I'm warry of throwing just increased power coefficients out though as then you run into the Ranger Longbow issues and have previously suggested decreasing cast times and CDs which got called arbitrary by someone, which was in itself arbitrary. Volley does do good damage, but could have another round to it or a decreased channel time, Brutal Shot could use a shortened cast and maybe more scaling, and AA just needs to fire more quickly to be honest. Gunflame itself addresses issues on F1, but core F1 still has its own problems.

Longbow does have a strong power based attack, and more utility through LB4, but is still mostly a condi weapon. That said a power warrior can use it just fine alongside a melee weapon.

They both have decent weapon skills, though they've been kept lower on the power level since launch.

Not the biggest fan of the class despite having several of them.

I find as a raw dps class they're far too squishy for my tastes and despite having a lot of weapon options I can't go with the generic sword and shield Warrior which as cliche as it is, is something I actually like because Sword is a condition weapon and unless you're going to run Bezerker spec and a torch or something Warrior condi builds are just not all that great, specially in PvE where Power builds typically dominate.

I'm managed to figure out real good builds for many classes in the game but Warrior despite people saying is the easiest of the heavy classes, I've always found it lackluster.I find it easier to play and create builds for Guardian and Revenant which are both supposed to be harder build craft for.. :S

@"sdt.1697" said:So prove me wrong about this class

I'm not sure what's the point of doing that. It's pretty much a typical brute force warrior and you either like it or you don't.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Warrior in GW2 is the jack of all trades but master of none. There is something for everyone in Warrior.

Except for the crowd that wants Warrior Rifle to be on par with other 1200 range weapons.Currently (and since launch) ranged weapons for power Warriors are jokes.

I agree that rifle needs buffing on some of its skills, namely the AA, Rifle2, and Rifle 3.

Nah, it 100% doesn't. But there's already a thread about it. :D

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

I'm not sure what's the point of doing that. It's pretty much a typical brute force warrior and you either like it or you don't.

I agree that rifle needs buffing on some of its skills, namely the AA, Rifle2, and Rifle 3.

Well hello there @Sobx.1758 lol. Fancy that you should comment on that :tongue: Reasonable people can disagree. As you can see @Fueki.4753 thinks range Power options for Warrior lack behind other options. But, yes there is a thread about that. Care to comment on what you find to be interesting and fun about Warrior?

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well hello there @Sobx.1758 lol. Fancy that you should comment on that :tongue: Reasonable people can disagree. As you can see @Fueki.4753 thinks range Power options for Warrior lack behind other options. But, yes there is a thread about that. Care to comment on what you find to be interesting and fun about Warrior?

Surprisingly enough nothing else fits the stereotypical warrior gameplay of a beefy direct dmg (because kitten condi) fighter as much as warrior. And as I wrote above -people can either enjoy it or not. I do, so that's one of the classes I play. :D

• Confused 1

definitely not a fun pve class specially for pve and pre expansion, anet seems to only give warrior passives and not much actual functionality(definitely changed abit now but this is after 7 years) pvp kept fun because you have to react to enemys utilities and thats that, unlike some other classes builds that just go for skill rotation and same combo over and over, thats why as a war player since 2012 i dont play war in pve, now i play holo definitely still warrior but more fun and versatile

It is mostly about the flavor, if you like smashing things.If you like physical, visceral combat, warrior is the best profession for this with Berserker making it even better. Sadly, some cool looking skills are very underwhelming (e.g. Sundering Leap, Rupturing Smash, ...) so you won't be using them that often. Physical skills are not very polished (except Bull's Charge), they feel clunky, have annoying cast times and aftercasts. Even though you have plenty of weapons you can use as warrior, only some of them are useful when it comes to either dps or utility. Not only warrior has pretty bad aftercasts on certain skills, it also has telegraphs and long cast times on skills that are no longer threatening, some skills are stuck in 2015 with ANet not doing anything about them and so on.

I would advise you to try Berserker if you want big damage. Berserker has very smooth rotation thanks to axe skills, Axe Mastery trait and Decapitate instead of Eviscerate. Arc Divider (greatsword burst in Berserk mode) is one of the best cleave skills in game.Spellbreaker is more oriented on sustain, dueling and enemy boon management. Dagger skills are fast and well polished so it feels smooth to use them (however, in PvE, daggers are weak compared to axes when it comes to damage). Overall, damage output is not as high as Berserker but it's still high enough to kill stuff.Core warrior is vanilla, there are very few situations where you want to use it in PvE, either for frequent cc or if you want to erp as core warrior... :DI presonally like core rifle warrior in WvW, it's kinda glassy, very low sustain, gimmick but fun with new tactics traitline rework and Warrior's Cunning. It feels rewarding when you land those big sweet Kill Shots :)

If you are PvE guy that wants to do big damage, then go with axe/axe + greatsword Berserker. Axe/axe is the best power dps weapon set warrior has atm, so you want to have it equipped all the time. Greatsword's burst skill (Arc Divider) has insane cleave so use it on enemy groups. Check build on metabattle, there are some variations, just make sure you use Discipline traitline and Axe Mastery trait. Axe/axe Berserker without Discipline traitline is a big no no. Also, having 100% critical chance is very important because of axe burst (Decapitate) spam. If you don't crit, it will reflect on your rotation noticeably.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Warrior in GW2 is the jack of all trades but master of none. There is something for everyone in Warrior. You can build a warrior that can reach 5k toughness, or go the completely opposite direction.

Warrior has the most weapons available, which means a great deal of variety. Core, Spellbreaker, and Berserker have builds for all game modes, but YMMV with them.

Warrior does have the fewest skills at a time to utilize though, albeit with appropriately shorter CDs, so it feels like each skill has to be used more tactically and not spammed. Its not like I can just switch attunements or Tome or Tool Kit.

So I find Warrior to be fun in that no matter what I am doing in the game, I can throw a new weapon up, swap a traitline or two, and start swinging (or shooting). A great deal of Warrior sustain comes from numerous, but small, sources of self healing. This, along with higher base health and heavy armor, allows them to forgo more defense in favor of damage relative to other classes, but as has been alluded to already if you screw up you still die.

That and few things compare to the feeing of downing 5 players in WvW with Arc Divider, or blasting someone with Gunflame.

I don't think that's how it works, lol.