Massivelyop's review of gw2 2019

zealex.9410

I think it would be great if Arenanet's decision-makers paid particular heed to Bree of MassivelyOp in a personal comment regarding GW2:

Bree Royce said,GW2, you’re one of the best MMORPGs of all time with awesome designers and fantastic middle managers that frankly NCsoft doesn’t deserve to have in its employ. But your top line, or whoever is responsible for the bizarre flip-floppy development direction and some of the most abysmal dev-player comms in the entire industry, needs to step aside. Please don’t sink this game. It and its rank-and-file and its players deserve way better.source: https://massivelyop.com/2019/12/22/the-daily-grind-what-mmo-grievances-would-you-like-to-air-at-a-title-you-enjoy/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Svarty.8019" said:I think it would be great if Arenanet's decision-makers paid particular heed to Bree of MassivelyOp in a personal comment regarding GW2:

Bree Royce said,GW2, you’re one of the best MMORPGs of all time with awesome designers and fantastic middle managers that frankly NCsoft doesn’t deserve to have in its employ. But your top line, or whoever is responsible for the bizarre flip-floppy development direction and some of the most abysmal dev-player comms in the entire industry,
needs to step aside
. Please don’t sink this game. It and its rank-and-file and its players deserve way better.source:

Someone has bee reading glassdoor.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Svarty.8019" said:I think it would be great if Arenanet's decision-makers paid particular heed to Bree of MassivelyOp in a personal comment regarding GW2:

Bree Royce said,GW2, you’re one of the best MMORPGs of all time with awesome designers and fantastic middle managers that frankly NCsoft doesn’t deserve to have in its employ. But your top line, or whoever is responsible for the bizarre flip-floppy development direction and some of the most abysmal dev-player comms in the entire industry,
needs to step aside
. Please don’t sink this game. It and its rank-and-file and its players deserve way better.source:

Someone has bee reading glassdoor.

How else am I to discover that the real address of their headquarters is : 1 Anet Towers, America?

@Calisanna.8732 said:WvW wasn’t mentioned in the review either. I guess us WvW players really are red headed stepchildren.I still remember shortly after alliances were announced people truly believed they’d be out by the end of the year... fast forward till now.

Two years gone, now into year 3.

edit I stand corrected: it’s 23 months gone. Year three starts Feb 1.

• 2 weeks later...

@Lambent.6375 said:

@"Dante.1508" said:Totally agree all round with those websites.. Its been 7 years. And honestly they really let this game go to hell.. Totally destroyed their release visions and made this another
reskinned WoW
.. packed the game full of microtransactions and grind, untold amounts of useless currencies and hardcore mechanics that minorities want..

Is it such a shock that the communities are depressed and disillusioned, not in my opinion.. but hey listen to the forums, everything is fine, nothing to see here.

Time for Another "break" from Guildwars 2 for me.

@"hugo.4705" said:Well Astralporing got the point. I'm using Smaug because it's a dragon not because it's a "male". It was to illustrate the point that dragon are wild forces that destroy just to destroy without feelings. Concerning the sex, in many litteratures or games you will find them asexual through here, well it kinda lost me, they have ones. Always depicted Smaug as it. But all depicts it how they want ^^

Only in western tradition..

How did they make the game a reskinned Wow?Ascended power creep grind, Fractals and Raids, Chasing pointless meta and trinkets, basically trinity is back..

Been saying for a while we need new big legendary metas and they need to be out on the timer. The timer is one of the best additions to the open world gameplay. Prior to it people grouped primarily in the Champ Train in queensdale because of how easy it was to organize. The new metas need this same method of logic to make long term gameplay while you develope expansion 3.

Also story need to move on from the Commander model so we can have more well thought out stories.

They got it right. Idk who is running the show behind the scenes but they are in fact destroying it slowly but surely. When most of the important dev leaves there must be a problem internally. I enjoyed tyria and dont feel my time is wasted, but this new direction is not for me. Ill probably jump ship to PSO2 when it drops in the spring and be playing MHW IB in the mean time. Their build templates are free.

needs to step aside

I agree. I didn't like the recent statement on the SPvP Conquest model being good model as is. No its not. And the fact that the head developer at Anet things SPvP Conquest model is good enough, concerns me greatly. Many of us want instanced pvp with larger number of players and different mechanics and objectives like a Battleground from WoW or instanced pvp in any other MMO. Damn even GW1 pvp modes would be better than SPvP Conquest. The three circle 5v5 match up is dull and boring and don't have choices outside of it, because Anet don't seem to understand why a "Queue" is important.The rating system introduced in Hot really killed what remained of SPvP for the masses honestly. It's now one big meta fest.

I dont even want to get into WvW, because that's another few paragraphs.