Condi - is that normal?

anjo.6143

@lare.5129 said:

@"Don Vega Van Kain.9842" said:It's just a SINGLE Weaver burst.why not? if we call this "burst" it should be painfully.

No offense Mister Weaver, stay calm :) Two people thinks it's 2 others ppl who hit the op, i've said "no, it's a SINGLE weaver burst" error corrected.

No call for nerfing or anything....not my job ;)

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Don Vega Van Kain.9842 said:As @"DanAlcedo.3281" says, maybe the OP was cceed and he eat all the burst bu everything in the log is from a weaver even if i don't see the damages of "rapid fire" who kills the op....Or he has eaten it in downstate what also renders the whole thread pointless.

Not on downstate.

@lare.5129 said:yes, this is ok, some people use good condi dps builds and can press skills buttons. You should dodge, run, and keep distance if that player no on your target.

So, people drop down the big circles of condi and win the games (cause you dont have that amount of dogdes and cleanses and you need just to walk away)?

It says 95 ticks, which means you either took that damage over a long period of time, or got bursted by an all-in condi build. It seems bad, but remember that this is all just one stack, and a single condition cleanse will remove all 43,800 damage.

That's assuming you did nothing to avoid it, like dodge, evade, block, or use Blind..

@Hannelore.8153 said:It says 95 ticks, which means you either took that damage over a long period of time, or got bursted by an all-in condi build. It seems bad, but remember that this is all just one stack, and a single condition cleanse will remove all 43,800 damage.

That's assuming you did nothing to avoid it, like dodge, evade, block, or use Blind..

I will make a movie, it is impossible to counter condi atm. You can't take nodes, they spread circle after circle and you can't fight as melee, unless you also are condi.You just cleanse, dogde, and they put another circle, and you just runaway, jump node to node, trying to find any opens, but you just dogde and cleanse and go for that HUGE dmg spike that we have now lol.

It's just a SINGLE Weaver burst.

As @DanAlcedo.3281 says, maybe the OP was cceed and he eat all the burst bu everything in the log is from a weaver even if i don't see the damages of "rapid fire" who kills the op....

Actually, OP is a Thief (you can see it on the death log on the side, that they died by a Weaver, and they got killed by one too - 8 ticks of Primordial stance with bleeding and burning as main conditions), and as an FYI, you can't see your own name on the team roster to the side screen.

To the OP - You ate 8 ticks of Primordial Stance. Now, I'm no "pro", but 8 ticks of primordial stance asks for at least 8 seconds of in-combat damage. Let's assume half of that would be from down state. That means that for four seconds, you stood still and ate a whole lot of that skill you should now dodge because it is nearly the #1 OP skill in the game. The pulsing area around the Weaver - DO NOT APPROACH UNDER ANY CONDITION unless you have ways to mitigate it (dodge, block, blind). You also got hit by 2 Transmute Fire, which means that's 2 extra things you should have been aware of - especially as a Thief. You're unofficially the best at disengaging fights, and seeing the number of enemies at the midpoint, you should have rotated elsewhere.

Let's assume you got CC'd for a whole 4 seconds - out of probably what was an Air 5 "Gale" (which is a 3 seconds knockdown, mind you). Unblockable, but huge wind up with an easy-to-dodge animation right before you get CC'd. As a Thief (I'll guess Core Thief by the death icons on the right), with a traditional build (SP or SD, with Shortbow), you have the escape potential, through Shadowstep, to escape that CC. Pair that with what people usually run; Agility Signet (a signet that, when activated, removes 3 conditions), and you get yourself out of most 3 conditions burst.

I'll agree whole-heartedly that 5k damage per second for 4 seconds is really strong - especially with how ANet is currently addressing burst. But in that scenario, even with no cooldowns, you could've done a lot more than sit there and hope to keep the point contested against a Weaver - one of the best current 1v1ers in the game. Damage mitigation is one of the best tools Thief has access to due to ease-of-access dodges. You could've taken advantage of that!

As @DanAlcedo.3281 says, maybe the OP was cceed and he eat all the burst bu everything in the log is from a weaver even if i don't see the damages of "rapid fire" who kills the op....

Actually, OP is a Thief (you can see it on the death log on the side, that they died by a Weaver, and they got killed by one too - 8 ticks of Primordial stance with bleeding and burning as main conditions), and as an FYI, you can't see your own name on the team roster to the side screen.

To the OP - You ate 8 ticks of Primordial Stance. Now, I'm no "pro", but 8 ticks of primordial stance asks for at least 8 seconds of in-combat damage. Let's assume half of that would be from down state. That means that for four seconds, you stood still and ate a whole lot of that skill you should now dodge because it is nearly the #1 OP skill in the game. The pulsing area around the Weaver - DO NOT APPROACH UNDER ANY CONDITION unless you have ways to mitigate it (dodge, block, blind). You also got hit by 2 Transmute Fire, which means that's 2 extra things you should have been aware of - especially as a Thief. You're unofficially the best at disengaging fights, and seeing the number of enemies at the midpoint, you should have rotated elsewhere.

Let's assume you got CC'd for a whole 4 seconds - out of probably what was an Air 5 "Gale" (which is a 3 seconds knockdown, mind you). Unblockable, but huge wind up with an easy-to-dodge animation right before you get CC'd. As a Thief (I'll guess Core Thief by the death icons on the right), with a traditional build (SP or SD, with Shortbow), you have the escape potential, through Shadowstep, to escape that CC. Pair that with what people usually run; Agility Signet (a signet that, when activated, removes 3 conditions), and you get yourself out of most 3 conditions burst.

I'll agree whole-heartedly that 5k damage per second for 4 seconds is really strong - especially with how ANet is currently addressing burst. But in that scenario, even with no cooldowns, you could've done a lot more than sit there and hope to keep the point contested against a Weaver - one of the best current 1v1ers in the game. Damage mitigation is one of the best tools Thief has access to due to ease-of-access dodges. You could've taken advantage of that!

I could do, I can do a lot of things, but actual fight for a node, never is an option if a condi is on it, it was before balance, not anymore. Im running dp core, but the spikes has no effects anymore (joke dmg), so I have to rotate until find an unprotect node to decap-cap if some condi or tanky comes I have to go, cause, I have nothing to do, so if they have 1 condi in one node and 1 tanky in another, Im pretty much useless, burn is just annoying atm..

+1 fights with this low damage, more initiative spended and higher cooldowns are frustrating too, but now I'm more patient, cause it isnt just me, Im watching Sindrener to learn thief and things are quite bad atm.

I could do, I can do a lot of things, but actual fight for a node, never is an option if a condi is on it, it was before balance, not anymore. Im running dp core, but the spikes has no effects anymore (joke dmg), so I have to rotate until find an unprotect node to decap-cap if some condi or tanky comes I have to go, cause, I have nothing to do, so if they have 1 condi in one node and 1 tanky in another, Im pretty much useless, burn is just annoying atm..

+1 fights with this low damage, more initiative spended and higher cooldowns are frustrating too, but now I'm more patient, cause it isnt just me, Im watching Sindrener to learn thief and things are quite bad atm.

Thief doesn’t generally stand on node or if it does should be counting down the seconds until you have to run away.

Otherwise, I don’t think you should stand on node until you die. “Fight on node” doesn’t mean “die on node” unless you are at the end of the game and just need to hold a point for a few seconds it is probably better to rotate or let them decap temporarily while you hit and run to kill them. If you play well they will die and only have accomplished a decap. If you can’t beat them 1v1 then you shouldn’t really be fighting them in the first place. If your team needs you elsewhere you should be focused on doing that.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Is it normal? Depends on if the person ur asking is using those high dps spike condi's or not. If so most will defend it like it's fine and if their class or build isn't or doesn't have the option to do so then they'll say its broken, just like any similar situation regarding class balance.

If not for condis....the same OP would come here asking for nerfs on glass burst..wanna bet? From the looks of it, players here either ask to nerf condi dmg or power burst accordingly to what their build is weak to . Given the reduction in direct dmg I would expect every thief to jump guns on the very thing which still pose a threat to them...condi dmg