What did A-net have at Pax East?

I was looking for information about what went down, since they were there and it seems like nothing. So did anything of worth get announced, shown or even really revealed or was it kind of just a thing to try and draw more players in. (Like the icebrood saga announcement.)

@Thornwolf.9721 said:I was looking for information about what went down, since they were there and it seems like nothing. So did anything of worth get announced, shown or even really revealed or was it kind of just a thing to try and draw more players in. (Like the icebrood saga announcement.)

They said they are going to show the trailer of visions of past tomorrow.

@flog.3485 said:

@Thornwolf.9721 said:I was looking for information about what went down, since they were there and it seems like nothing. So did anything of worth get announced, shown or even really revealed or was it kind of just a thing to try and draw more players in. (Like the icebrood saga announcement.)

Is that all they are gonna reveal? Just that.....

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

I don’t know. I don’t work for Anet.

Didn't see any big hubbub on Reddit so I'm gonna assume it was a simple display to remind people that GW2 is still around

@Substance E.4852 said:

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:I was looking for information about what went down, since they were there and it seems like nothing. So did anything of worth get announced, shown or even really revealed or was it kind of just a thing to try and draw more players in. (Like the icebrood saga announcement.)

Didn't see any big hubbub on Reddit so I'm gonna assume it was a simple display to remind people that GW2 is still around

I just imagine this meek fellow standing at the GW2 booth being like

Anet Guy: "Hi, hello, gw2 is still here. Please play our game..."Passerby: "Okay, what neat new things you got?"Anet Guy: "....please?"

@flog.3485 said:

Welp, faith is gone and hope is dead. Honestly Im not sure how they can expect anyone to be hyped for... like... babies first fractals fused with the caithe mission from S2

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Welp, faith is gone and hope is dead. Honestly Im not sure how they can expect anyone to be hyped for... like... babies first fractals fused with the caithe mission from S2

Well I don’t know what to tell you. You seem to assume a lot about content that you know nothing about. Move on maybe ? If so, can I get your stuff ? ?

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

I cope by believing that this is just what they had in mind to keep the game coasting before the big shakeups last year

Content is planned out months in advance so there's going to be a significant lag before "we're totes taking shit seriously now" Anet starts to show through

Stuff like big balance passes can be patched in in as much time as you can figure out what the to nerf/buff but game content requires design, assets, and programing

Or at least that's what I tell myself

As far as I saw from what they were putting on social media they were just promoting the game itself and their Seize the Awkward thing, they had a wall for people to write stories about people they met in-game and a bunch of props for taking photos.

@Blur.3465 said:I really hope it's not just trailer...Also, is it just me, or did forum font just get really small?

Not just you, it's happened to me too. Only the text for posts and replies though, everything else is normal size. I'm kind of glad it's affecting someone else too, I was worried I'd accidentally changed a setting via a keyboard shortcut I didn't know about, but I couldn't find anything to change it back.

It was mostly a social media thing - a chance for some photo ops and promote their 'help a friend' campaign

This was their intro vid and they tweeted a load more photos. It appears everyone who joined had fun, but it wasn't meant or advertised to be anything else, although I hear Visions of the Past was meant to come up at some point

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/1233045109794582528

@flog.3485 said:

Well I don’t know what to tell you. You seem to assume a lot about content that you know nothing about. Move on maybe ? If so, can I get your stuff ? ?

I mean it looks like solo story content, thats what it looks like to me. Kind of like a filler between episodes which is what I assume it will be; Something to sate your appetite while you wait for the only content they truly care about Living world. As for my stuff, nope you can't have anything even If I move on ill let it rot on my account so that it will do the same thing my interest is doing. We need an expansion.... living world just doesn't cut it.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

I mean it looks like solo story content, thats what it looks like to me. Kind of like a filler between episodes which is what I assume it will be; Something to sate your appetite while you wait for the only content they truly care about Living world. As for my stuff, nope you can't have anything even If I move on ill let it rot on my account so that it will do the same thing my interest is doing. We need an expansion.... living world just doesn't cut it.

Correction, you need an expansion, I personally can do without one, I'm perfectly fine with the LW/Saga as is, allows me plenty of time to play other games.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

What does an expansion bring that LW or "Sagas" don't/can't?

@Thorstienn.1642 said:

Well for one attention to the game, most people who aren't invested will not get invested in a glorified content patch with LESS content than other games put out durring the same kind of patch. Their Idea of expansion level content is cooking 500 and build templates, of which build templates may of become a different type of animal had it come out along side an expansion release (Might not of been limited as it was, and they probably wouldn't of monetized it as hard but who knows.) And as it seems we won't get E-specs with the saga once so ever so no new way to play your class, no new things to really chase with a good two hour story and "pieces" of a new map. So over all its not good for business as shown that their revenue was down last quarter. You know why? Because NO ONE outside of our community now cares, not when ESO is pumping out expansions and Final fantasy is following suite and along with WoW releasing classic (Don't ask me why it was a hit) Guild wars kind of rolls out of public perception.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

Correction, you need an expansion, I personally can do without one, I'm perfectly fine with the LW/Saga as is, allows me plenty of time to play other games.

Correction ANET needs and expansion to bring attention to the game, and bring in more fresh blood quicker. We could also use one for the sake of getting new specs, maybe a new class if they feel really ballsy and more to do that explore parts of a map and just do scavenger hunts. Would be nice to really get some meaty content that isn't just "Oh here is some public events, which you can do solo and here is some Strikes which few people care about." There are other pieces of the game suffering, an expansion is not exactly linked to PvE. They could do a WvW expansion and overhaul the mode from the ground up and charge for it, if they so desired and that way the WvW community would have some hyped incoming along with potential new blood seeing it as cool. (Not the best Idea) But they could simply focus an "Expansion" around other features and let PvE continue with the Living world. Cantha was much more focused around PvP, GvG and alliance battles than it was the narrative which is why in scope of the region it was smaller than Elona or core Tyria.

An expansion alongside the saga to bring up the other modes that people want would be cool; Would be neat for guilds as a whole to receive and expansion and get a ton of content dumped on them. You don't have to buy it and if you don't care about guilds then you're not the targeted demographic but it would bring people back, and it would make people care especially those who play the game for that kind of gameplay.

Not every expansion needs to be PvE exclusive, with some E-specs linked in for the game as a whole. Would be cool to see the other modes receive a huge overall expansion that adds a ton too it and flushes it out. Those players can pay for it and get some benefits maybe lock access to those who don't wish to play or pay for the expansion? IF you dislike said mode then why would you pay for it? Not everything needs to be inclusive and since the community is so divided let them vote with their wallets.

@Substance E.4852 said:

I cope by believing that this is just what they had in mind to keep the game coasting before the big shakeups last year

Content is planned out months in advance so there's going to be a significant lag before "we're totes taking kitten seriously now" Anet starts to show through

Stuff like big balance passes can be patched in in as much time as you can figure out what the to nerf/buff but game content requires design, assets, and programing

Well they keep telling us they're "about to do something amazing!" for like 2 years now and in between the long spells with nothing amazing and no communication, you HAVE to tell yourself.

@Tman.6349 said:

Content is planned out months in advance so there's going to be a significant lag before "we're totes taking kitten seriously now" Anet starts to show through

Well they keep telling us they're "about to do something amazing!" for like 2 years now and in between the long spells with nothing amazing and no communication, you HAVE to tell yourself.

Maybe they are wating to implant some WoW ideas .Such as their jewel prized Mythic+ dungeons in this expanion.Where the dungeon have different scales/diffucutlies to choose from , and the enemies +their hp gets stronger in higher tiers .If they kill a higher tier mob , it explodes for 14% of your hp , or leave a death nova area .You need 1 player to have unlocked it (have the key for each dificulty) that allows you to fight the apropriate scaleddungeon for increased rewards

Or in the next expanion , where Torgast is a huge tower to climb to and kill mobs ( if you have enabled the PvP Buff , you can also fight the oposite faction)

After so many years , there is none to oppose and steal subscribers from the King .He must be very happyCongratulation T-Series!

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

Well for one attention to the game, most people who aren't invested will not get invested in a glorified content patch with LESS content than other games put out durring the same kind of patch. Their Idea of expansion level content is cooking 500 and build templates, of which build templates may of become a different type of animal had it come out along side an expansion release (Might not of been limited as it was, and they probably wouldn't of monetized it as hard but who knows.) And as it seems we won't get E-specs with the saga once so ever so no new way to play your class, no new things to really chase with a good two hour story and "pieces" of a new map. So over all its not good for business as shown that their revenue was down last quarter. You know why? Because NO ONE outside of our community now cares, not when ESO is pumping out expansions and Final fantasy is following suite and along with WoW releasing classic (Don't ask me why it was a hit) Guild wars kind of rolls out of public perception.

Correction ANET needs and expansion to bring attention to the game, and bring in more fresh blood quicker. We could also use one for the sake of getting new specs, maybe a new class if they feel really ballsy and more to do that explore parts of a map and just do scavenger hunts. Would be nice to really get some meaty content that isn't just "Oh here is some public events, which you can do solo and here is some Strikes which few people care about." There are other pieces of the game suffering, an expansion is not exactly linked to PvE. They could do a WvW expansion and overhaul the mode from the ground up and charge for it, if they so desired and that way the WvW community would have some hyped incoming along with potential new blood seeing it as cool. (Not the best Idea) But they could simply focus an "Expansion" around other features and let PvE continue with the Living world. Cantha was much more focused around PvP, GvG and alliance battles than it was the narrative which is why in scope of the region it was smaller than Elona or core Tyria.

An expansion alongside the saga to bring up the other modes that people want would be cool; Would be neat for guilds as a whole to receive and expansion and get a ton of content dumped on them. You don't have to buy it and if you don't care about guilds then you're not the targeted demographic but it would bring people back, and it would make people care especially those who play the game for that kind of gameplay.

Not every expansion needs to be PvE exclusive, with some E-specs linked in for the game as a whole. Would be cool to see the other modes receive a huge overall expansion that adds a ton too it and flushes it out. Those players can pay for it and get some benefits maybe lock access to those who don't wish to play or pay for the expansion? IF you dislike said mode then why would you pay for it? Not everything needs to be inclusive and since the community is so divided let them vote with their wallets.

Do you realize that every thing you mentioned as needing to be in an expansion can be done through LW as well, not saying they're going to do that, but it's quite possible to do, just not in the large chunks you're looking for. People forget this games entire time line was story boarded from the beginning, it didn't include details but the entire story from beginning to end(it does have an end) was outlined already.

I could tell you details about Cantha that most people don't know, and that your statement about it is entirely wrong as to why it was smaller in scope than Prophecies or Nightfall, but apparently I'm still prevented from talking about it. I also highly doubt they want to add in another class, or more e-specs with all the trouble they're having with balance as it is, that was one of the issues with the original game, to many skills to hard to balance, Isiah Cartwright admitted it was a nightmare to try and balance that game.

I've also dabbled in all 3 aspects of this game, but I can tell you that WvW went downhill after the first year, also Guilds have nothing to do with it. I see the people wanting more Guild Halls, why, what's wrong with the 3 existing ones, all that does it take away resources from something else. Now if ArenaNet had an unlimited budget and resources then I'd say go for it, but they don't so they have to do what keep bringing in enough money to keep them operating as NCSoft isn't going to give them money to use on more developers and development.

Yes, the community is divided and that is one of the biggest problems with this game, I'd almost say it's the sole problem(but I know it's not), and the other problem is players expecting to much(that applies to every game actually, even Cyberpunk). People get hyped and then disappointed, instead of tempering their expectations, they expect the world and get disappointed when they only get a continent instead, it's unhealthy for players and developers. I don't know when this behavior was developed by players/people but it doesn't only apply to gaming, it applies to other things as well.

This is a matter of opinion of course, you have yours and I have mine, they don't match, so we agree to disagree(or I agree to disagree, you can choose as you wish).

@Zaklex.6308 said:

Do you realize that every thing you mentioned as needing to be in an expansion can be done through LW as well, not saying they're going to do that, but it's quite possible to do, just not in the large chunks you're looking for. People forget this games entire time line was story boarded from the beginning, it didn't include details but the entire story from beginning to end(it does have an end) was outlined already.

I could tell you details about Cantha that most people don't know, and that your statement about it is entirely wrong as to why it was smaller in scope than Prophecies or Nightfall, but apparently I'm still prevented from talking about it. I also highly doubt they want to add in another class, or more e-specs with all the trouble they're having with balance as it is, that was one of the issues with the original game, to many skills to hard to balance, Isiah Cartwright admitted it was a nightmare to try and balance that game.

I've also dabbled in all 3 aspects of this game, but I can tell you that WvW went downhill after the first year, also Guilds have nothing to do with it. I see the people wanting more Guild Halls, why, what's wrong with the 3 existing ones, all that does it take away resources from something else. Now if ArenaNet had an unlimited budget and resources then I'd say go for it, but they don't so they have to do what keep bringing in enough money to keep them operating as NCSoft isn't going to give them money to use on more developers and development.

Yes, the community is divided and that is one of the biggest problems with this game, I'd almost say it's the sole problem(but I know it's not), and the other problem is players expecting to much(that applies to every game actually, even Cyberpunk). People get hyped and then disappointed, instead of tempering their expectations, they expect the world and get disappointed when they only get a continent instead, it's unhealthy for players and developers. I don't know when this behavior was developed by players/people but it doesn't only apply to gaming, it applies to other things as well.

This is a matter of opinion of course, you have yours and I have mine, they don't match, so we agree to disagree(or I agree to disagree, you can choose as you wish).

The issue is they are adding nothing of substance. Strikes, well they are kinda neat in theory but have nothing rewarding about them and the horrible issues that some of us have dealing with specific people in that niche makes it unworthy of time due to the almost non-existent goodies in there. Visions of the past will likely be the same, and while I dont want big chunks I do want new things for my class to play the game with..

Stop trying to balance the game, its clear you can't do it and Id rather you give me new toys to play with than either destroy or gut the ones we have for nothing new. You designed it X way clearly its how you wanted it and you're unwilling to fix WvW or PvP as balance is not the sole nor do I believe the largest issue (Its one of them.) The issues is they went largely untouched for years and NEED attention like real attention not band-aids. Granted I expect nothing of the company, I expect nothing of their products and honestly I don't care what their next venture is. If its not related to this IP im good you can keep it~

Point being I agree it can be done in living world, but its not. So what are you working on; And why does it matter to those of us who consume this product when it very well and more than likely has NOTHING to do with this product or future products tied to it. (It seems to be a console exclusive title, unrelated to what they have currently.)