The Ranger Damage Problem is Sic Em

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@bravan.3876 said:

@"azzardome.9184" said:
this is finei say we nerf holo and core mes instead :)

Why does it look like the utility skills are on a macro?

That is not even near a maximum fast handmade clickrate kitten... xD

Dunno for me the video glitches right there and it skips like a .4-5. Then they're all on CD.

EditL I went back and preloaded with 1080p, it's fine now and the back 2 are instantaneous.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

@"azzardome.9184" said:
this is finei say we nerf holo and core mes instead :)

Why does it look like the utility skills are on a macro?

That is not even near a maximum fast handmade clickrate kitten... xD

Dunno for me the video glitches right there and it skips like a .4-5. Then they're all on CD.

Ok no clue then, doesn't look like that for me.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Crozame.4098 said:GS should be balanced a bit. When traited with BM, 4.75 second maul which hits a lot, and can be refreshed by 5. and also GS4, 20 second CD, which is shorter than Revs shield and war shield. And it has knock. Note that although rev's shield heals, rev cannot move. And war's shield stance has no other functionality (very few players in sPvP run defence right?)

Personally not a fan of nerfing GS yet again

it is still OP. less than 5 second GS2 which does up to 7k? 20 CD block which can also stun

I think this argument goes for a lot of weps and classes, just works in different ways. Ranger has all its GS damage in maul. But that's a trade off that if you dont get hit by maul ranger wont kill you. For like power mesmer or something as an example you need to dodge 4 and 2 for damage. For war you need to dodge 2 and 3 and 5. But they do slightly less damage than maul.

It's all about trade offs. A ranger with 7k mauls is running Bm and Mm and Sb and has little to no condi clear or sustain.

Nerfing GS just will make sic em more needed and rangers to find other ways of doing more damage. Also it forces more rangers to go glass because GS will then be garbage on druid and core.

Are you serious? GS5 stuns and reset GS2; GS4 has the potential to stun too; Also there are random pet CCs, and pets hurt a lot. And on top of that, you still have LB.No sustain? You can stealth from LB, you can invul when merge with certain pet, you can also GS3 and stealth with smoke field.

They indeed need to nerf GS to some certain extent. In most other builds, one weapon set is offensive and the other is defensive. But for ranger, LB is offence, and GS is both offensive and defensive. Thats too good, and need to be balanced.

And you compare the power Mesmer; their burst CD is much longer. Ranger is simply OP, no need to defend it.

You cant stealth with smokescale and still get merge invulns you have to pick one...

GS 5 and 4 do no damage. So... just stunbreak and dodge GS 2? or kite the ranger? Ranger GS has no way to catch up now that crippling throw is gone GS 4 and 5 are both stationary skills so if you just run away... they cant hit you... so again only thing you have to dodge is GS 2!

If a ranger is close enough to LB 3 and then maul... that's some brave kitten and good on them. But... you know you could always just about face and run away!?

Still I 5k heal every 30s ain't much. I dont know what you play but whatever it is has ways to beat ranger. Especially when your teammates can help you out.

No other professions gets cry nerf threads where the class mains are just blatantly telling people how to beat them like this...

If you're getting hit by GS 4 or 5... you misplayed. Only time I get hit by those is when I'm deliberately face tanking the ranger lol. And then I think, "that was dumb" why not just kite out those skills!?

Y'know a patch ago when symbolbrand became good I got thrashed by all of them. I hopped on it. Realized kitten if people just kite away from me I cant do kitten. Hopped back on my class and did just that. Turned on impossible fight into the possibility of a won fight. I recommend it.

I don't know why I am still wasting time with Ranger mains. Most of the community who is not ranger main believes that it is kitten Broken at the moment. How many dodges one have? Dodge LB4 Dodge GS4 5, 2, Dodge random pet CC. And about the run away argument, there is another post written by another ranger main, and the run away argument has been discussed quite extensively there. In short, run away is a strategy for all classes, just run away from conditions rev and Necro, is also valid strategy. Ans secondly, not every class has nice swiftness or superspeed.

And I also bet that, if we ask for proof of how you counter good rangers, you will use ranger to show.

Nah I'd roll into a teamfight and pop retal inside barrage, or throw up firebrand reflect bubble. Ranger longbow doesn't do much in teamfights when people try to counter it. Your best option though is to target the ranger. If you didnt know, dps classes can kill people if left unchecked but if you pressure them it's hard for them to counter pressure and return damage. Especially ranger, 2 people on a ranger is a dead ranger. It simply doesn't have the same minimal kill time as other dps classes out there right now.

Now you throw up Teamfight argument... Can you please make more logical arguments?

Most strong 1v1 classes are not that good in team fights. And the reverse is also true. The way to counter scourge FB duel before, is just ignore team fights and out rotation them. This does not imply they are not OP.

Especially ranger, 2 people on a ranger is a dead ranger.Most classes are dead with 2 people on them. And you have LB stealth 2. You have at least 2 stealths. and if you cannot get out of a fight, then its your problem.

An OP class does not need to be good at both 1v1 and 5v5. Be very strong at one of them can be considered OP.

And you are just dodging all the questions raised by the previous post. But its fine, whatever, the game will be never truly balanced. Even when Anet achieved that, and then we have another expansion that will prolly ruin every thing again. W/E.

Well, can't I just say then that not being able to deal with ranger is just your problem? Maybe we should avoid that line of argument. 2 people on a rev vs 2 people on ranger and rev will survive longer.

So here's the thing for ranger and things to dodge. If you are running at it in an open field, you're gonna have a kitten time. You're right there is too much to dodge so I can throw autos. If you random dodge autos I will point blank shot. Or rapid fire. After/during either of these you are likely to dodge again (which was dumb cause you already got hit and should've dodged the skill in the first place) so now you will get hit by rapid fire or point blank shot depending on what was used before. Now in comes the pet... and you're having a kitten day.

Ideally you would eat the longbow autos, there'd be a rock or something to LoS behind and you'd either dodge point blank shot, or LoS the rapid fire, get hit, get up and LoS the rapid fire. Then when pet comes in you should just eat smoke assualt and dodge or just eat the kd behind LoS. Then you still have 1-2 dodges left and can get close to the ranger. Once you get close ranger will either merge or go GS or both.

Eat the smoke assault, the ranger at this point has kitten up. You should now either dodge the kd coming (cause it's coming) or hit the ranger as smoke assualt ends. There are after cast frames where ranger can be hit. Now kitten up the ranger. If ranger is just in GS either kite it out or outplay the block with an unblockable. Honestly, I think your best bet here is to go ham on the ranger and have a strategy in mind for interrupting maul or using weakness or blind and then have something for the unblockable or stow weapon and walk away before (ideally) or after they use it.

Either way now that you're in melee range you got good odds. Ranger is definitely front loaded and lacks sustain if you can survive and get in close you pretty much win.

Now in this meta few things are teleporting which is great for ranger but there are things out there like condi thief, even mesmer, power rev that can really make a ranger's day not fun because they can gap close so effectively and instantly get to melee range... hell I'm sure a firebrand could get away with judges intervention and really kitten on a rangers day.

Again, ranger dmg is a little too high and its gonna get nerfed some. But maybe these tips will help.

I have nothing to say. Tbh, I dont need your tips.

@Eurantien.4632 said:

@Dajas.4715 said:I've said it before in a other post and I'll say it again, hunters call does the most damage, I actually got around to adding up all the hits it does lastnight and it was doing between 20 and 25k everytime on indestructible goloms, plus its aoe damage. The only difference is because it hits so many time you can at least ruduce some off the damage by dodging, protection ect. I've downed low hp classes many a times with this skill yets it's still gone under anets radar.

Post a video and prove it. There is no way it does that much. It's also not AoE...

OK I will, won't be able to till tonight though and trust me it does aoe damage. Lots off little numbers add up and there are lots.

It doesn't do AoE. It's a single target skill...

OK there is the video you requested, it's 42k damage... Scroll down and add it up yourself if you still think it's kittens as you said.

And yes I know I missed the heal for the extra might. I was also trying with bunker builds and even those were getting 25k

And not sure if you notice but would you look at that it was aoe and to think you were calling me a liar.

@Dajas.4715 said:

@Dajas.4715 said:I've said it before in a other post and I'll say it again, hunters call does the most damage, I actually got around to adding up all the hits it does lastnight and it was doing between 20 and 25k everytime on indestructible goloms, plus its aoe damage. The only difference is because it hits so many time you can at least ruduce some off the damage by dodging, protection ect. I've downed low hp classes many a times with this skill yets it's still gone under anets radar.

Post a video and prove it. There is no way it does that much. It's also not AoE...

OK I will, won't be able to till tonight though and trust me it does aoe damage. Lots off little numbers add up and there are lots.

is single target and always has been.

I don't know who you're trying to fool here.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

As I said in the other thread, mad King runes are hunters call, just an aoe version.Look at the log all hunters call, look at the golem 2 of the dies and the heavy took a bit off damage. It's just a broken combination with one wolf pack as that adds on around 15k to the attack.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@"shadowpass.4236" said:You're using

one woof pack + mad king runes is an interesting combo tho.HMMMM...…

editlol did you even watch that video? I did again and hunters call is clearly hitting all 3 golems. weird bug.

The birds from Mad King Rune have the same name as WH4 on ranger.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:You're using

one woof pack + mad king runes is an interesting combo tho.HMMMM...…

editlol did you even watch that video? I did again and hunters call is clearly hitting all 3 golems. weird bug.

The birds from Mad King Rune have the same name as WH4 on ranger.

yeah my bad I just realized that reading the other thread.

@Dajas.4715 said:

OK there is the video you requested, it's 42k damage... Scroll down and add it up yourself if you still think it's kittens as you said.

And yes I know I missed the heal for the extra might. I was also trying with bunker builds and even those were getting 25k

And not sure if you notice but would you look at that it was aoe and to think you were calling me a liar.

Yeah, that's not special or broken or anything. Pretty soon I bet you're gonna hop in here and complain rangers are self rezzing with rez spirit.

ranger mains always tryna give everyone tips to their linear braindead class :joy:its overtuned as fk, its alrdy confirmed getting nerfed and the funny thing is all these ranger mains spamming the forums arent even the good ones winning tournys/placing high in ranked with the ranger class when it actually is goodsmh my head

if u want tips or an unbiased opinion of ranger ask helio

i faced this "eurantien" guy in a 2v2 match once. he was so bad i dont think he should be here talking about class mechanics or giving anyone advice... just my two cents. i wouldn't take advice from some1 inexperienced on how to drive; i wouldn't take advice from some1 who's never swam on how to swim; i wouldnt advise any of u guys to take advice from a bronze player on how to play the game.... much less to point out what the problem is....

@Eurantien.4632 said:

Yeah, that's not special or broken or anything. Pretty soon I bet you're gonna hop in here and complain rangers are self rezzing with rez spirit.

So first you call me a liar saying it can't be done, then when I prove you wrong you say its nothing special lolI'm not complaining I'm quite happy taking full bars off people with 2 skills.

But yeah it is broken... 2 buttons with over 60 hits and just insane damage.Wvw is even worse, all those glass cannon sic rangers running about and heres me one shoting them with hunters call in a tanky build.

@Dajas.4715 said:

So first you call me a liar saying it can't be done, then when I prove you wrong you say its nothing special lolI'm not complaining I'm quite happy taking full bars off people with 2 skills.

But yeah it is broken... 2 buttons with over 60 hits and just insane damage.Wvw is even worse, all those glass cannon sic rangers running about and heres me one shoting them with hunters call in a tanky build.

It doesn't do what you say. This is baby town frolics as far as memes go.