Is Swiss Going to get ADDRESSED ?

Ouk.5914

Any sort of communication at all at this point would be highly appreciated @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 as it sits now currently no one really looks to do the At's anymore because of the Lack of reward for the duration it is. Theirs no real teams doing it either because no one wants to sit for 2 hours beating random players just to earn 25g.

Can we please Either Increase the Gold gained for first place winners to 50g which would then increase the quality of players by 10 fold. If gold increase is a concern then how about giving players More mystic coins ?

Overall Swiss should ONLY be a thing for the Monthly tournament and not for the Daily At's , I think with the fact that now we all have a set time frame for when the At's are going to start players can actually set a time with a group of players to play them to improve and make them more enjoyable for the duration it lasts.

So if possible remove the swiss from Daily At's or Improve the rewards overall for the duration it takes because the 1g extra pre win isn't enough for people to continue playing it.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:i don't understand why anyone would do anything pvp related for gold gain rather then for good fights. rewards don't attract quality players necessarily, they just attract players in general. then the overall play value of the mode goes down. I really dislike rewards but I see their value, its what ever.

Well you dont play it for good fights either, there are other games for that. You play it to meme and get memed on.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:i don't understand why anyone would do anything pvp related for gold gain rather then for good fights. rewards don't attract quality players necessarily, they just attract players in general. then the overall play value of the mode goes down. I really dislike rewards but I see their value, its what ever.

Well you dont play it for good fights either, there are other games for that. You play it to meme and get memed on.

good fights happen often enough to keep me playing.

From what I've been experiencing, and I have almost 400 QPs this month already, Swiss just takes too long.

People join and then drop out before it finishes, whether it's because they have too short of an attention span or they must leave for work, ect ect. And then you have people who just don't join at all because the length is a commitment they aren't willing to indulge in.

IMO no amount of added rewards is going to fix that. I mean you can make first place 75g and 2nd place 50g, but that doesn't free up the schedule time that some guy has in the morning before he has to go to work, is the thing.

These are all the same issues we had with AG community organized tournaments, as well as anything people try to community organize to this day. It just takes too long, which is why people started dropping out of this stuff and not partaking, despite direct legendary rewards & gems.

And as far as making the MAT Swiss? For the first & second place winners.. they're seriously looking at an entire day of sitting down queueing that with Swiss format. It would be like working a full time job with no real lunch break before it ended. I dunno if that's going to be practical for participation.

Sad to say, but people may need to let go of Swiss entirely. I've been seeing participation drop through the floor once it was introduced.

@bravan.3876 said:How about make daily At just a Bo3, so teams have a chance to comeback and adjust teamcomps/ builds for another try after losing the first match and can practice a bit more before dropping out of the tournament? Swiss only for MAts

That's what I'm thinking :

• Swiss for mAt.
  • Bo3 for daily At finals. (only for finals because Bo3 for every matchs we will end up with the initial problem.).

@viquing.8254 said:

@bravan.3876 said:How about make daily At just a Bo3, so teams have a chance to comeback and adjust teamcomps/ builds for another try after losing the first match and can practice a bit more before dropping out of the tournament? Swiss only for MAts

That's what I'm thinking :
  • Swiss for mAt.
  • Bo3 for daily At finals. (only for finals because Bo3 for every matchs we will end up with the initial problem.).

I think it would still be less time investment while giving few teams who are interested in learning and improving and more practice a chance to comeback, also before finals. If you only want daily or participation you only have to play 2 games without an additional waiting time for the next round. I think it would be a good middle way to give interested teams the ability to comeback and practice more while giving all daily and gold reward participation runners a fast exit. Also you have less different matchups means you have still less waiting time inbetween rounds than with Swiss, also when you get to finals. Reaching to finals with Bo3 from first round should overall be faster than what we have atm while also the playing time is higher compared to the waiting time for the next round in Swiss.

@Dantheman.3589 said:Not sure about eu but na still has some decent teams doing ats. The time thing is one but anyone that has time to do ats seems to enjoy it to some extent tbh

It's a complete time thing, on eu there are sometimes 1 legend team, and than only a p2/3 group that's farms the Pve greeders. They don't play because it takes to much time, I think its not a reward thing, elemination should fix this