Birds need a nerf

Erzian.5218

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:how do you eat that many bird autos? doesn't normal kiting take care of that lol?He probably didn't.Slash is also Ranger's GS chain.And Swoop is GS3.

And the death recap combines those skills all the time, in the same way it does for Maul(Pig) and Ranger Maul.

Pets hit too hard but the death recap isn't always the most reliable.

@Shagie.7612 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:how do you eat that many bird autos? doesn't normal kiting take care of that lol?He probably didn't.Slash is also Ranger's GS chain.And Swoop is GS3.

And the death recap combines those skills all the time, in the same way it does for Maul(Pig) and Ranger Maul.

Pets hit too hard but the death recap isn't always the most reliable.Ye, hence why ranger icons share the same icons with a pet /sI guess, its the ranger auto too
xui7tne.jpg

@Erzian.5218 said:Yeah, bird damage is way too high at the moment. Both, f2 and swoop hit too hard and bird auto attack damage is debatable too. Ranger has always been unfun to duel but right now, you are dueling the bird while you try to avoid mauls from the pet (the player).The combination of pet swap, Maul and f2 often hits for more than 10k (6k+ from bird f2, 4k+ from maul) with quickness (the quickness trait might also be a bit too strong since they nerfed quickness access across the board) and from stealth which hides the maul animation. Talking about core ranger as I rarely play soul beast.

If you literally just attack the bird it dies. I've never, ever had problems with bird pets EXCEPT the bird that spawns from the privateer Rune while on Mesmer, only because at one time (not sure if it still does) it only attacked the real Mesmer. Even then it wasnt a problem in itself, just that it gave a cue to players which one to focus. Can these nerf everything threads on things that aren't a problem please disappear.

Lol. People will always complain about ranger even when it has been average for so long.Birds will die on anything. Even if they are not focused, any little cleave, aoe will take them out.

Funny how people always want a nerf on the few pets they see and will not want any buffs on the rest :lol:

@Aktium.9506 said:The name doesn't matter. The skills have different ids in the api and that's the data the recap uses. GS slash is 12474 and and the bird slash is 12682.And the Soulbeast Porcine Maul is separate from the pig one (IDs 41406 and 12734) but both are reported under the same icon in death recaps.Same with merge swoop and bird swoop (44991 and 12709, respectively), as far as I can tell.The bird slash and GS slash stay separate, but there's a lot of soulbeast things that don't because of the merge.

Skill ID doesn't necessarily matter for the death recap because it's notoriously unreliable.It's also infuriatingly difficult to get a decent looking recap showing the information you want, lol

Anyways, pets do too much damage, but I really don't think death recap screenshots are particularly useful given the lack of a timeline, inconsistency, and general misrepresentation of what's actually killing people they bring.That goes for every source of damage, not just pets or ranger.

@"NorthernRedStar.3054" said:Eats all the heavier damaging skills like a good standby golem: "It's not me, it's the class!"

This is the best self-own in this thread.Sometimes dodging is just too much effort. Especially in a match where your sidenoder has just lost like a dozen 1v1s in a row in under 5 minutes.

Bird autoattacking still managed to be top tho.

@Axl.8924 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:If the next expansion has tameable geese we're all screwed.

Did you see the wings of real geese? They are MEAN and i mean really mean.

If the geese replicate then their wing leg or peck gonna hurt a lot more than being hit by an owl.

Saw a real video where a real goose was attacking a dog in a boat on youtube and the guy kept pushing the goose into the water trying to get the stupid goose who hated the dog in the boat, i mean holy cow that was one aggressive goose.

I have had male ones charge my vehicle while driving by them slowly. They even hiss at people. Mean birds.