Just got the Complete Art of Guild Wars 2 Artbook....

@Cynder.2509 said:Congrats!kitten, I really would love the art book as well but I can't get it at the moment or anytime soon and I hope it will be still around later this year. Does anyone know if it's a limited thing that only has a certain amount of copies?

Most game art books are fairly short run things. You'll get it second hand and it being Dark Horse should give it an extended lifespan, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to be around indefinitely

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Cynder.2509 said:Congrats!kitten, I really would love the art book as well but I can't get it at the moment or anytime soon and I hope it will be still around later this year. Does anyone know if it's a limited thing that only has a certain amount of copies?

Most game art books are fairly short run things. You'll get it second hand and it being Dark Horse should give it an extended lifespan, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it to be around indefinitely

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about maybe getting it for Christmas since usually these are the times I can afford to make these kinds of purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my hands on mine. I'm very happy with it. I did find a couple pieces that were used more than once. Once side by side each other. Creator commentary is not apparent in the book, but the chapter about Utopia is what has me writing here today. If you didn't know better, you'd think Utopia was canon, and part of the GW universe, and not a cancelled thing.To that end,==Spoilers==Xotecha was a part of the Mists which read a lot more like our concept of Limbo, far beyond what the mists already embody. Passing spirits from all worlds and timelines passed through here, or were otherwise trapped there. It's "speckled with the remnants of the former homeland of the Old Gods." The gods claimed the area long before the current inhabitants.Eight tables of the 'Schism Codex' tell a tale of a great force that threatened the land.Besides the Chronomancer, the other profession is an unnamed Summoner. The summoner conjured creatures just long enough for them to attack their opponent.Children of the Forgotten, related to the winged serpents were summoned by Dwayna and Melandru to protect Xotecha. From the art, some were sapien, some saurian, some mantid.Time was marked by a giant wheel at the heart of the island.Quick references to the 'Tannek' and the god made golems exist, which I believe are noted on the gw wiki already.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is on it's way, unfortunately it will miss my birthday but should be here shortly after. I was going to wait for the local comic shop to re-open but started worrying the art book would sell out, then my husband found it being sold by Blackwell's Books who are still selling online. :)

Can't wait to see it. I've got some of the previous GW art books but this one sounds like it has more info, the ones I've got are mostly just pictures and sometimes it's hard to tell what it is or if it made it into the game.