About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

@"Ashantara.8731" I'm in exactly the same position as you, TP sales listed in TP transactions under sold, have been sold, but Zero gold deposited. You are not alone, likelihood this glitch has affected a huge amount of players. I sent ticket very early on, and suprisingly they responded the same day ( not always the case: I've had to wait 18 days before a reply so we need be patient)... this is a complex issue affecting 1,000s-10,000s of EU players all in varying similarities of the same situation. Its really difficult as it was no fault of our owns we have lost / owed varying amounts of gold from TP, but I understand from the support team p.o.v. it was an unplanned major, glitch that they are trying to fathom out the scope of what happened and figure a way to recompensate such a vast amount of players which I can imagine is a difficult task. I'm as annoyed/frustrated as the next person, but am aware I need to give them patience to sort this mess out. They must be totally innundated with tickets and I am thankful I am not the receiving end of sorting them all out !

They posted here in case anyone has not seen it >>>

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047546674-European-Server-Rollback-Issue-12-05-2020" We are still looking into refunding eligible purchases, restoring gems and possibly some high-level items automatically over the next few days. We will update you about when restoration and compensation will take place, and what items will be eligible. Please check your account carefully. If you are missing items that were in your inventory BEFORE 2:40 AM PST (11:40 CEST) on 11/05/2020, please submit a ticket and provide as much information as you can regarding the missing items including: the name of the item(s), the approximate time and date of their acquisition, and any other information that may help us to locate the associated data. Please also note that the customer support team cannot alter the status or completion of any story or achievement. We can only assist with account progress related to items, currencies, or general account issues associated with these rollbacks. "

Personally, for now I am continuing playing as normal (its hard to swallow such a short-fall of gold that I am missing, but there is nothing I can do about that for now, so am just gonna carry on playing as usual), but I am expecting this mess to take Weeks to sort out not days due to the phenomenol amount of players affected, high volume of tickets to process. Also, the other big issue you will find the Anet Tech Crew have to be certain from the information you provide that you have lost what you are claiming to have lost, and then they will have to check logs for each and every item: Imagine doing this for countless players with countless items to ensure the player's request is legit. Major headache!

Hang tight, don't try to let the situation affect you playing as kitten happens and this week has been one big kitten to say the least !

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is based on lost progress. That's the reason. Another thing altogether is that they can't really know who of the online people did progress and who didnt. So they gave it to both groups.But you know who didn't lose progress because of the rollback for sure? People who didn't play the game, that's why we don't get mounts. Seems pretty logic to me.Not getting a prize is not a punishment. It's just not getting a prize. I'm not punished everytime someone else wins anything. What kind of position is that?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Tiilimon.6094 said:People were affected in different ways, if you did not play during monday, you didn't lose game progress >> you're not eligible for the same compensation as the people who did.Losing game progress was
not
however the basis for compensation (and i'm quite sure not many players lost as much as 350+g in those 2 hours).

Actually, yes it was. As the above poster has also stated by quoting the announcement.

I also agree that everyone should get the skin regardless of losing progress or not. But don't let your frustration alter your perception of what actually happened.

@"Bewitched.1637" said:Hello, first post ever for me in this forum haha.I'm usually that one person that stalks the forum but, I guess I have a need to voice my opinion. As a new player that joined this lovely game just a few months ago, this did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Not because I'm mad or jealous over people that got the mount skin but, rather how it was handled. I left the game as soon as I realized rollback happened in fear I'll loose more of my progress. Later on, I decided to follow daily updates from Arena on Twitter. Didn't log in for the whole day in hopes that'd make their job easier.

I honestly didn't expect any compensation, I was simply glad all my hours didn't go to waste. The only issue I have with this whole thing is how it feels like it's encouraging people's bad behaviour (eg. if such issue was to ever happen again, it is to be expected that many people will try to log in to get some compensation). Whether those people that logged in during the monday were aware of the issue or not, I don't think their "lost progress" can match the price of a mount skin.This is simply my opinion though. I still have high hopes for the game but, this one kind of hit too close to home. Peace. ♥

Some people didn’t know about the issues and you say that they behaved badly?

And yet people who barely lost anything or didnt lose anything because they just logged in and went afk, got something worth 1200 Gems aswell.And people who duped items.I would totally understand it if people really lost a high amount of gold and/or progress, but this is just an unfair treatment for people who decided to not log-in because of Reddit/Forums/Friends who told them that rollbacks are happening.

@yoni.7015 said:

@"Bewitched.1637" said:Hello, first post ever for me in this forum haha.I'm usually that one person that stalks the forum but, I guess I have a need to voice my opinion. As a new player that joined this lovely game just a few months ago, this did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Not because I'm mad or jealous over people that got the mount skin but, rather how it was handled. I left the game as soon as I realized rollback happened in fear I'll loose more of my progress. Later on, I decided to follow daily updates from Arena on Twitter. Didn't log in for the whole day in hopes that'd make their job easier.

I honestly didn't expect any compensation, I was simply glad all my hours didn't go to waste. The only issue I have with this whole thing is how it feels like it's encouraging people's bad behaviour (eg. if such issue was to ever happen again, it is to be expected that many people will try to log in to get some compensation). Whether those people that logged in during the monday were aware of the issue or not, I don't think their "lost progress" can match the price of a mount skin.This is simply my opinion though. I still have high hopes for the game but, this one kind of hit too close to home. Peace. ♥

Pardon me if I wasn't clear. I was talking about possible future events now that people are aware of this situation.

@Bewitched.1637 said:

@Bewitched.1637 said:Hello, first post ever for me in this forum haha.I'm usually that one person that stalks the forum but, I guess I have a need to voice my opinion. As a new player that joined this lovely game just a few months ago, this did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Not because I'm mad or jealous over people that got the mount skin but, rather how it was handled. I left the game as soon as I realized rollback happened in fear I'll loose more of my progress. Later on, I decided to follow daily updates from Arena on Twitter. Didn't log in for the whole day in hopes that'd make their job easier.

Pardon me if I wasn't clear. I was talking about possible future events now that people are aware of this situation.

Ah okay. Sorry I misunderstood you ;)

@melody.2601 said:And yet people who barely lost anything or didnt lose anything because they just logged in and went afk, got something worth 1200 Gems aswell.And people who duped items.I would totally understand it if people really lost a high amount of gold and/or progress, but this is just an unfair treatment for people who decided to not log-in because of Reddit/Forums/Friends who told them that rollbacks are happening.

This isn't meant as a punishment or a reward for those who logged in and didn't do anything. It's just anet can't know who did lose progress and who didn't, only who was online and who wasn't.

@coso.9173 said:It is based on lost progress. That's the reason. Another thing altogether is that they can't really know who of the online people did progress and who didnt. So they gave it to both groups.But you know who didn't lose progress because of the rollback for sure? People who didn't play the game, that's why we don't get mounts. Seems pretty logic to me.Not getting a prize is not a punishment. It's just not getting a prize. I'm not punished everytime someone else wins anything. What kind of position is that?

But we did loose progress now... We didn't log in because we knew we'd loose progress and now we actually lost progress (a Mount License) because we didn't want to loose progress. We would've made progress during that time if we hadn't known about the issue - so we still lost progress - missed opportunities are lost progress as well.

They should've just sent out the Mount License to everyone and the Bonfire to those that logged in, that sounds a lot more reasonable to me.

whew this big compensation tells me i should look out for news telling me problems are going on. i would never have gotten that much progress in this time that the "compensation" is, so whatever i'll lose doesn't matter, just login, do stuff, file a ticket and wait.

honestly this is just pure dumbness by ANet. they didn't even have to restore any progress as they clearly advised not to log in, yet they restore rare and valuable drops. that'S enough compensation from my view, at the very least the people who played had their fun doing so, the thing they paid for when they bought gw2. we meanwhile didn't log in, got no fun from this game and now watch people getting rewarded for getting rewarded. N I C E.

to anyone talking about "progress": this is a game. if anything you play it for fun. you play it for playing it. being able to just play the game is the best you can get from a game. any lost daily progress just doesn't matter the slightest. some farming was your own choice to do so even against a different advise. it's a nice move from ANet to give something for a reward, a nice move uncalled for. but it for sure tells me i better get online and lose some pretty useless progress next time to get this nice reward, no matter how much it makes it worse for them, it will make it better for me.

btw: keep that bs bonfire out of my inbox. it is cluttered enough. i don't need any "compensation" for nothing. if you want to provide something meaningful, give us a day of SAB where we have to PLAY and HAVE FUN to get something out of it instead of a rather useless item.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:

@coso.9173 said:It is based on lost progress. That's the reason. Another thing altogether is that they can't really know who of the online people did progress and who didnt. So they gave it to both groups.But you know who didn't lose progress because of the rollback for sure? People who didn't play the game, that's why we don't get mounts. Seems pretty logic to me.Not getting a prize is not a punishment. It's just not getting a prize. I'm not punished everytime someone else wins anything. What kind of position is that?

But we did loose progress now... We didn't log in because we knew we'd loose progress and now we actually lost progress (a Mount License) because we didn't want to loose progress. We would've made progress during that time if we hadn't known about the issue - so we still lost progress - missed opportunities are lost progress as well.

They should've just sent out the Mount License to everyone and the Bonfire to those that logged in, that sounds a lot more reasonable to me.

We chose not to play. That's not the same as playing and losing progress because of a rollback. You really not see the difference? Should I ask anet to compensate me for everytime I can't play because I have to work? After all, according to you it's the same thing.

@coso.9173 said:

@melody.2601 said:And yet people who barely lost anything or didnt lose anything because they just logged in and went afk, got something worth 1200 Gems aswell.And people who duped items.I would totally understand it if people really lost a high amount of gold and/or progress, but this is just an unfair treatment for people who decided to not log-in because of Reddit/Forums/Friends who told them that rollbacks are happening.

This isn't meant as a punishment or a reward for those who logged in and didn't do anything. It's just anet can't know who did lose progress and who didn't, only who was online and who wasn't.

So why are people then rewarded for just logging in basicly? Give everyone the same treatment, its one community, or give no1 anything. It's that simple.And people who really have lost something valuable are going to write a support ticket anyway.

@melody.2601 said:

So why are people then rewarded for just logging in basicly? Give everyone the same treatment, its one community, or give no1 anything. It's that simple.And people who really have lost something valuable are going to write a support ticket anyway.

They are not rewarded, they are compensated. That is a difference.

@melody.2601 said:

Because, like I said, they only know who logged in and who didn't. And they want to compensate those who lost progress because of the rollback. Guess which group is absolutely sure to not have made any progress and later lost it because of the rollback. Exactly, those of us who didn't play at all.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Anet couldn't restore beyond a certain point on Monday, a time window existed where progress for players was wiped and thus Anet compensated them for playing and losing their timeAlso, they split the rest of the community along the most vapid of criteria: "Did you log on during a certain period? Great, you're a winner!" When is splitting the community ever a good idea? Might not be what they intended, but it is what they accomplished.

If you were against splitting the community you wouldn't be in here all day about how you got the mount with only logging in for a short while. Your comments help to increase the split and upset the one's that assume most got the mount just for a quick log in they didn't do when most probably played for a while. The longer you played the higher the chance you would crash or get rolled back and I guess "deserve" the mount. If you didn't log in you couldn't lose anything so that was smart not knowing if everything would be restored. They should of just gave everyone on EU the 400 gem random mount skin and there would be less of a split but still I lost achieves gold stuff progress and got the same as someone who didn't log in crowd.I don't think things would be any better if I hadn't posted. And it's a nonsensical statement that the split can be increased. It was complete before I said anything. The only thing we can now accomplish is making ANet see reason and fix it. And for that we need to voice our opinions.

@TwilightSoul.9048 said:But we did loose progress now... We didn't log in because we knew we'd loose progress and now we actually lost progress (a Mount License) because we didn't want to loose progress. We would've made progress during that time if we hadn't known about the issue - so we still lost progress - missed opportunities are lost progress as well.

Actually, you merely lost the opportunity for progress, not actual progress.

@yoni.7015 said:

They are not rewarded, they are compensated. That is a difference.

Oh hey, its you again. Compensated for what? Jumping to death in Lion's Arch? Staying in front of the Bank in Lions Arch? Killing Tequatl and getting 1-3g value? Farming some Ore/Wood/Plants worth a few copper? Oh you lost that, heres an Item worth 1200 Gems to compensate your insane loss.

@coso.9173 said:

@"melody.2601" said:And yet people who barely lost anything or didnt lose anything because they just logged in and went afk, got something worth 1200 Gems aswell.And people who duped items.I would totally understand it if people really lost a high amount of gold and/or progress, but this is just an unfair treatment for people who decided to not log-in because of Reddit/Forums/Friends who told them that rollbacks are happening.

Then, they give out the same thing to everyone who was affected.Its incredible how much people rationalize a bad decision from Arena Net, which just gives them encouragement to be how they are. I mean Arena Net in 2012 was a shinning example of customer relations, nowadays it's barely a few steps above EA.

And you, of course, being too busy white knighting the hell out of the company, fail to see the bigger picture. Not only is the "reward" useless to players who purchased only HoT or the core game (maybe another subtle "gib money" from Anet). But also its just another reminder of their poor track record with these events.

All this a couple weeks after announcing the next expansion. They should be building up credit and want for people to get the next expansion, since PoF was a very lukewarm release. And instead of that, they do something that is in poor judgement in the best of times.

To compensate for the loss of connection at the time, they should have:First of all extended SAB. A lot of people didn't get to finish their last things in SAB due to the servers being dead on the last two days.Second, the reward should be given equally to everyone, and should be something that is useful to everyone, and, lets get real, a bonefire? What the freak is that? I lost the ability to play almost 3 days, and i get a bonefire. Might as well give me nothing.

@Luranni.9470 said:

@Sigerk.2897 said:Just putting it out there that it seems like they don't just give anyone who logged in that day free stuff. I went online, just after the roll back happened. Found out then that it happened, stayed in game for a bit, but didn't do anything. Mostly map chat/forum reading while tabbed out. After about 30/60min logged off to wait and see what Anet would do. I got the bonfire, no license. So maybe its not as black and white as; ''those who logged in for just a minute get a free skin.''

I understand some of the reactions, don't necessarily agree with the amount of vitriol though. I'm just glad I didn't lose 2/3 days of progress.I'm not sure Anet can do anything right now in the eyes of some players. Either they cave, give everyone a free mount, or they stick with their current approach, people are gonna have a fit regardless it seems.

I, for one, don't care about compensation items. It would've been nice to keep some of the new and returning players though. If I'd come back to the game, or newly picked it up this weekend. I'd be gawn and not looking back, ezpz.

I came back after more than a year, maybe 2 even since I got 2 birthday thingies on some chars, I would have left if the rollback was definitive yes, since other things like disconnects were bugging me as well, but I can sort of tolerate those, coming from another game that has frequent eu server issues. > @Astralporing.1957 said:

@Sigerk.2897 said:Just putting it out there that it seems like they don't just give anyone who logged in that day free stuff. I went online, just after the roll back happened. Found out then that it happened, stayed in game for a bit, but didn't do anything. Mostly map chat/forum reading while tabbed out. After about 30/60min logged off to wait and see what Anet would do. I got the bonfire, no license. So maybe its not as black and white as; ''those who logged in for just a minute get a free skin.''My wife did log in just to check if the info we've just heard about the rollback was true, and to see whether she lost the achievements she got on Friday. After we saw the rollback didn;t affect those (which took us just few clicks and less than a minute) she logged off, and we decided to stay away from the game until Anet says everything is fixed. She just got the license.

So, yeah, people
did
get "compensated" for not doing anything.

I guess next time we'll know that adding to chaos is definitely the best option in such a situation. Apparently, Anet does not want us to act responsibly, after all.

Alright so it does seem random then. Some people did seem to be compensated for merely logging in, some didn't. If you're takeaway from this is to ''add more chaos'' next time something like this happens, more power to you. Not saying Anet's response is without fault or anything, don't feel like I can judge from their perspective, just saying this approach seems rather, well, childish.

@Tiilimon.6094 said:

@Tiilimon.6094 said:People were affected in different ways, if you did not play during monday, you didn't lose game progress >> you're not eligible for the same compensation as the people who did.Losing game progress was
not
however the basis for compensation (and i'm quite sure not many players lost as much as 350+g in those 2 hours).

Actually, yes it was. As the above poster has also stated by quoting the announcement.I'm not talking about announcement (although, if you haven't noticed, progress of people that decided to stay away from the game due to the problems was impacted as well, just by the fact that they couldn't make any progress during that day). I am talking about what was the compensation actually based on - and that wasn't "lost progress". It was logging in during specific time. If you logged in, you got compensated, regardless whether you lost anything or not.

@coso.9173 said:

We chose not to play. That's not the same as playing and losing progress because of a rollback. You really not see the difference? Should I ask anet to compensate me for everytime I can't play because I have to work? After all, according to you it's the same thing.

We didn't not play because we weren't able to, we didn't play because we knew about the issue and chosing not to play was the responsible step to take. And now we did loose progress because apparently intentionally risking progress is worth 1200 Gems and doing the responsible thing is not. I would've played if I didn't know about the issues so I did loose just as much playtime as those who did play and potentially lost their progress due to their reckless actions.

@Tiilimon.6094 said:

not

Actually, yes it was. As the above poster has also stated by quoting the announcement.

I also agree that everyone should get the skin regardless of losing progress or not. But don't let your frustration alter your perception of what actually happened.

Quoting the announcement? Cherry-picking from the announcement you mean. This is also from that announcement: "All EU server players who logged in to Guild Wars 2 during the affected period (between 9:40 a.m. UTC and 4:10 p.m. UTC) will receive a free Curious Creatures Mount Select License."

I logged in but didn't do anything because after my guild told me that the roll back occurred to everyone's account. I didn't have any motivation to play until this was fixed. I did play, but didn't do any events or dailies cuz i'd feel it'll be at a lost if I start doing again so the only thing left for me to do is check the forum's main page for the news regarding this matter...until I tried logging in again, it was under maintenance. But everyone who played and grinded especially during that weekend should be rewarded, most of us just stayed back until it was fixed and checked the forums. None of us would know if we're gonna get compensated or something. Really unfair i'd say..

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@"melody.2601" said:And yet people who barely lost anything or didnt lose anything because they just logged in and went afk, got something worth 1200 Gems aswell.And people who duped items.I would totally understand it if people really lost a high amount of gold and/or progress, but this is just an unfair treatment for people who decided to not log-in because of Reddit/Forums/Friends who told them that rollbacks are happening.

Then, they give out the same thing to everyone who was affected.Its incredible how much people rationalize a bad decision from Arena Net, which just gives them encouragement to be how they are. I mean Arena Net in 2012 was a shinning example of customer relations, nowadays it's barely a few steps above EA.

And you, of course, being too busy white knighting the hell out of the company, fail to see the bigger picture. Not only is the "reward" useless to players who purchased only HoT or the core game (maybe another subtle "gib money" from Anet). But also its just another reminder of their poor track record with these events.

All this a couple weeks after announcing the next expansion. They should be building up credit and want for people to get the next expansion, since PoF was a very lukewarm release. And instead of that, they do something that is in poor judgement in the best of times.

I have no interest of white knighting anet. I'm just against entitled children that just can't accept that other people got a gift and they didnt. That is all.They gave the compensation to everyone who could have lost progress by being online at a time that was later deleted. We didn't log in, so we didn't lose any progress, for sure.