About the people who won't get free Curious Creatures Mount Select License after the rollback

@coso.9173 said:Before announcing the compensation, the were already topics demanding compensation from the rollback, so I don't think they would have evaded this whole thing at all.

those were, however, quickly shut down by lots and lots of people stating that no compensation is necessary and thgat they shouldn't feel entitled. plus many people said that a random item is the worst possible solution. ANet went for what? yes for the worst possible solution - a random item! now they have to deal with the backlash of their stupidity. that's just all of it. stop arguing about it, grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't get the core of the complaints. Some of those that didn't log, did so because they expected problems, if there wasn't a rollback they'd be playing the game on Monday. Second, it's not only players who "lost something" that are being rewarded, simply logging in, doing one 5 second daily or moving a few items into storage makes you eligible for the compensation. Third, it sets a precedent for similar events in the future, for everyone to try to log in and do at least some really fast activities just to register as being online (in case just logging in doesn't work). And this last one is the biggest problem. Setting the wrong expectations

This is exactly right. I was keeping an eye on the whole thing from about an hour after it happened and made a specific decision to not log in just to make sure to not break things further. I was following the twitter and forums as well, as I played a bunch over the weekend. I really wanted to join the commotion in lion's arch too, saw some posts about people having a laugh at the situation. It's a really bitter feeling, not getting anything for being patient while I'd have gotten rewarded had I given in to the temptation to go mess around ingame. I feel like being patient here is the right thing to do, but if impatience gets you rewards, then the next time, well.. You do the math, ANet. Wrong expectations indeed.

Ty Anet for splitting the community into two parts. Totally okay to give a free mount skin for those who were lucky enough to log in and usually loose nothing while others not even could log in.Yout customers had already lags for days - i mean in pve not the non existant gamemode WvW - and nothing happend. And out of nowhere you came along with this solution. It's nearly the most awful decision anet could bring. Just another fail by Anet, just saying.

I did some time consuming achievements on weekends and was also concerned that they would again be displayed as unfinished. But who cares? Clearly not u Anet.

Gz, to the lucky people.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@"Damash.2754" said:Ty Anet for splitting the community into two parts. Totally okay to give a free mount skin for those who were lucky enough to log in and usually loose nothing while others not even could log in.Yout customers had already lags for days - i mean in pve not the non existant gamemode WvW - and nothing happend. And out of nowhere you came along with this solution. It's nearly the most awful decision anet could bring. Just another fail by Anet, just saying.

I did some time consuming achievements on weekends and was also concerned that they would again be displayed as unfinished. But who cares? Clearly not u Anet.

Gz, to the lucky people.

This was a ty thread. There's other be a whiney kitten threads to comment in

Feel free switching into them and spamming there!

P.S. You missed the "Thank you, praise Anet" Phrase. :open_mouth:

I'm confused. Did ArenaNet state that the problem with the server(s) was because it was overloaded? Did ArenaNet state players should not log in during this time? Did ArenaNet state staying off the servers would be helpful? Did ArenaNet state that logging in or not logging in would make or would have made any difference at all to the issue?

I had the same, an item which had been up for sale for a while sold during the maintenance, but I didn't get the gold from the sale. Thankfully mine wasnt worth too much so im happy to let it slide, but I'd hate to be in your position with all those glitched weapons.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Damash.2754 said:Ty Anet for splitting the community into two parts. Totally okay to give a free mount skin for those who were lucky enough to log in and usually loose nothing while others not even could log in.Yout customers had already lags for days - i mean in pve not the non existant gamemode WvW - and nothing happend. And out of nowhere you came along with this solution. It's nearly the most awful decision anet could bring. Just another fail by Anet, just saying.

Gz, to the lucky people.

This was a ty thread. There's other be a whiney kitten threads to comment in

Feel free switching into them and spamming there!

P.S. You missed the "Thank you, praise Anet" Phrase. :open_mouth:

I didn't get one because I didn't log in. Your right tho ty anet for not rewarding me with a mount skin because I wasn't affected at all and I'm not jealous of anyone who got one because I'm not 12 years old.

Cool Story, many who logged ir doesn't get affected and guess what. They get a skin. Now explain this, my 8 year young friend.

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:Threads like these are rooted in only one thing, jealousy. Truth be told nothing anet can do will be fair or equitable.

people like you never read.

the threads here are stating that the "compensation" is not really a compensation but a reward. it was meant by ANet to be a compensation but it was designed to be a reward instead. it's totally ok and nice and cool to compensate but the means of compensating was rushed and clearly not thought through. this is what people complain about, that NO compensation is a FAR BETTER solution than THIS compensation. ANet would be better off not doing anything, at least not that fast and waiting for community reactions, because as stated multiple times, people were happy, that the problems were sorted out, we were happy to play again. we had a good feeling. that feeling stayed one day, then ANet rushed in with bs and now there is this bitter taste of being trolled.

@Thakis.6931 said:

@Luthan.5236 said:That's why they should have given the same reward to everyone. Also those wo did not log in. ;)(They lost thte same as the ones who did log in just to log out again without losing progress.)

Or at least people who were online between Saturday and Monday.Or nobody gets anything.

^ This.

I tried logging in on monday, not knowing anything about the server issues, I just got the message that it is not possible. Tried a few more times, because I thougth its just temporarily but without any successful login on monday. At 22:00 German Time I gave up and went to bed.Does this now mean I don't get a compensation? Just because I wasn't actually ingame? If so it would be an extremly weird act of anet.

@Islyn.8019 said:

@Illumine Sparkler.6019 said:There is also the group of people that stayed online to play for the fun of it and didn’t get anything.

The compensation is still in progress as far as I can tell. It can take a long time for things to filter through such a massive mail out

That's what I'm thinking. :)

^ I honestly hope for this.

When you have the privilege to maintain digital stuff, you can actually easily become beloved by your whole playerbase. You have the chance to give out free digital stuff for million of players without losing any money at all. It would maybe even motivate some ppl to spend money to get even more of what you got for free.

@"Gopaka.7839" said:

The guild wars 2 community that actually reads the forums, reddit, twitter, gw2 discords felt arested for one day not being able to play the game of fear not losing their accounts, of fear they can twist the new and the old data, the pure reason many people didn't logged in. We lost progress during this day as well as the players who did logged in after the rollback. I even think the percentage of players who really play the game and enjoy and dedicate their time to the game is bigger than the players who went inside the game after the rollback. Those who logged in are people who a) don't care about their accounts, b) don't care about the servers melting infront of their eyes, c) people who aren't enough enlightened about the game and cannot fact check that there is some problem behind their playing during the day.

I was in the game during the rollback. I was in the morning gemstone train. It happens in Elon riverlands during doppel meta. Of course I logged in immediately after the disconnect. And I realized that rollback happened. And all 50 people in our train understood the same thing. When I was able to enter the game again (after shutdown), my character stay in Desolation (junundu meta). About 10-15 minutes of my time disappeared forever. In those 10-15 minutes I got some expensive loot.

And now - who am I on your list?

"a) don't care about their accounts,b) don't care about the servers melting infront of their eyes,c) people who aren't enough enlightened about the game and cannot fact check that there is some problem behind their playing during the day."

Tired of anger from people who dont even understand how the servers work. And that they cannot be broken by logging in to check your character. Stop making references to "good behavior." This is neither good or bad behavior. This is not responsibility or irresponsibility.The fact that people logged in could not damage their account. No way. Because servers work differently. And rollback was for everyone. Offline or online - it doesn’t matter. What matters is only the endless anger from people like you. Stop blaming people for all mortal sins. It is ugly and indecent.

p.s. I believe that the mount should have been given to everyone. as well as extend SAB for 1 day.

@deadlyjoker.4907 said:I tried logging in on monday, not knowing anything about the server issues, I just got the message that it is not possible. Tried a few more times, because I thougth its just temporarily but without any successful login on monday. At 22:00 German Time I gave up and went to bed.Does this now mean I don't get a compensation? Just because I wasn't actually ingame? If so it would be an extremly weird act of anet.

You will get the bonfire not the mount skin. Those who logged in during the window will have had any playtime, achievements, loot, gold etc gained wiped from their account. That’s who they aimed the compensation at

Thanks for the free and expensive gift. I usually don't win stuff and I'm less lucky. But this time I was lucky that I logged in for a minute to qualify for the reward/gift. I only feel bad for the others that did not get to log in - and now are not getting the reward/gift.

But I guess that's how it is with luck based stuff. Some have more luck. Some have less luck.(They really should rename it to gift/reward not "compensation". Would make more sense since for me there was nothing to compensate me for and it was basically a free gift.)

I actually couldn't log in on Monday as the servers had been shut down by the time i got home from work, so i 'lost' my evening of gw2 relaxation and fun. I lost a day of gw2 and got the mini gift-egg. I don't begrudge those who got the more useful free mount skin or bonfire, but i do wish the 'compensation' was the same thing to everyone who lost a day of play.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@deadlyjoker.4907 said:I tried logging in on monday, not knowing anything about the server issues, I just got the message that it is not possible. Tried a few more times, because I thougth its just temporarily but without any successful login on monday. At 22:00 German Time I gave up and went to bed.Does this now mean I don't get a compensation? Just because I wasn't actually ingame? If so it would be an extremly weird act of anet.

You will get the bonfire not the mount skin. Those who logged in during the window will have had any playtime, achievements, loot, gold etc gained wiped from their account. That’s who they aimed the compensation at

so my full monday where I was about to farm and get my weekly black lion key will not compensationed? I really hope for this:

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Illumine Sparkler.6019 said:There is also the group of people that stayed online to play for the fun of it and didn’t get anything.

The compensation is still in progress as far as I can tell. It can take a long time for things to filter through such a massive mail out