adding already existing story instances, as new fractals and strike missions.

Since they're all ready, ANET could make a new version those instances with harder mobs and bosses, meant for group content. They could be used for fractals or strikes for example, and also being able to relive some of them would be pretty awesome.Also there are many of them available, so we could get lots of new group content with less work than starting them from 0.what do you think?edited the title and the post because some people apparently only read the title.

I think that the OP wants to have more players in the story instance and then have the instance scale. I'm not sure why, though. There wouldn't be any reward increase, especially for those who join the solo player as the story instance is only for that one player's advancement.

I think that development resources would be better served to work on new group content (fractals/strikes/raids). I'm not sure that there would be many players who would want to revisit personal story content for themselves or other players. The small group that I play with detests the PS and is glad to be well done with it.

Meanwhile, in game:

Story Mode path for dungeons - Tumbleweed

Also, the difficulty scaling is not particularly exciting. Since HoT last quest does in fact include a challenge mote to scale it to a 5 player instance, but it's not quite high tier Fractal content.

Beyond that? Well, my experience of many story instances beyond the first run through is tabbing out to troll the forums for like 20 minutes while the NPC's jabber on and on and on and on and on and on and 15 unskippable cutscenes occur... Then I tab back in, click speak on the next NPC and then tab out again while they jabber on and on and on and on and on some more...

Not quite what I'd consider worthy party content.

@kharmin.7683 said:I think that the OP wants to have more players in the story instance and then have the instance scale. I'm not sure why, though. There wouldn't be any reward increase, especially for those who join the solo player as the story instance is only for that one player's advancement.

I think that development resources would be better served to work on new group content (fractals/strikes/raids). I'm not sure that there would be many players who would want to revisit personal story content for themselves or other players. The small group that I play with detests the PS and is glad to be well done with it.

No, that's not what I mean. Leave the instances alone as they are.What I mean is create new fractals or strike missions using those same maps and enemies. Only scaled to the correct difficulty for fractals and strike missions.This would add lots of more variations and diversity to fractals and strike missions.For now we do those quests for story and then never again, unless you want to do achievements.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The majority of story missions would make poor fractal/strike instances even if scaled up.

Why do you think so? I'm sure there are enough good ones that could be added the roster.Most strike missions are just a plain boss anyway, I think most missions are better than that.

@coso.9173 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:The majority of story missions would make poor fractal/strike instances even if scaled up.

Why do you think so? I'm sure there are enough good ones that could be added the roster.Most strike missions are just a plain boss anyway, I think most missions are better than that.

How is scaling up story missions going to be comparable to existing strikes or fractals? Story missions lack mechanics.

@coso.9173 said:I mean, not removing the actual solo story instance. But since they're all ready, make a new version with harder mobs and bosses, meant for group content. They could be used for fractals or strikes for example, and also being able to relive some of them would be pretty awesome.Also there are many of them available, so we could get lots of new group content with less work than starting them from 0.

For the reason, gw2 population and monthly new population won’t be suffice. Most of the non repeatable instances will be left empty or undermanned.

Hence why they converted zhaitan group raid to one person story raid.

Everyone just immediately flocks to the endgame content or hard to farm items.

@Roche.7491 said:

@coso.9173 said:I mean, not removing the actual solo story instance. But since they're all ready, make a new version with harder mobs and bosses, meant for group content. They could be used for fractals or strikes for example, and also being able to relive some of them would be pretty awesome.Also there are many of them available, so we could get lots of new group content with less work than starting them from 0.

For the reason, gw2 population and monthly new population won’t be suffice. Most of the non repeatable instances will be left empty or undermanned.

I just wanted to clarify that using “raid” can be confusing to some as well as bring on existing negative feelings they may have towards that term.

I believe that the reason Anet have when they made the Arah story mode single player was because it was directly a part of the personal story and not because of population issues as there really weren’t any during that time.

@Roche.7491 said:

But people do fractals and strike missions. I'm asking for copies of some story instances in the form of fractals or strikes. With the same rewards as other ones. I'm curious if you just read the title or my first post wasn't clear enough.

What about we don't touch solo instances at all. Like other people already mentioned 5 people can join anyways.If someone asks me they should keep mass content at WvW where it belongs.Just give me my meaningful Heroes back from GW1 so i don't need any other player anymore.This is what we need.

@Kurrilino.2706 said:What about we don't touch solo instances at all. Like other people already mentioned 5 people can join anyways.If someone asks me they should keep mass content at WvW where it belongs.Just give me my meaningful Heroes back from GW1 so i don't need any other player anymore.This is what we need.

read the first post please, it's been edited.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Another thing that’s up to the player base as a whole, and not any individual player, is whether they really want recycled content or brand new content.

that makes no sense. that decision isn't neither mine or the playerbase to decide, it's ANET who decides. i'm just giving an idea that could mean some more content with less work that designing lots of new fractals from 0.

@coso.9173 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Another thing that’s up to the player base as a whole, and not any individual player, is whether they really want recycled content or brand new content.

that makes no sense. that decision isn't neither mine or the playerbase to decide, it's ANET who decides. i'm just giving an idea that could mean some more content with less work that designing lots of new fractals from 0.

I was referring to what the player base collectively wanted.

I wouldn’t consider recycled content as “more content”.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

I was referring to what the player base collectively wanted.

I wouldn’t consider recycled content as “more content”.

of course it is content, it's not NEW content, perse. but still content, like yearly festivals are still content, even if theyre not really new.

@coso.9173 said:Since they're all ready, ANET could make a new version those instances with harder mobs and bosses, meant for group content. They could be used for fractals or strikes for example, and also being able to relive some of them would be pretty awesome.Also there are many of them available, so we could get lots of new group content with less work than starting them from 0.what do you think?edited the title and the post because some people apparently only read the title.I think the re addition of the Season 1 Story instances in the last update should really teach us that the older stuff is often of much lower quality and may not be worth the time and resources to update.