New home instance node not showing up in home instance

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought it with a Charr alt hours before the reset. After the reset, my designated human gatherer went to DR to gather from the home instance there. No sign of the new node. When I saw the comments posted here, I logged in with the Charr who bought it and went to the Charr home instance in BC. The node was there next to the Crystallized Cache like @Snaid.9714 's screenshot. Both nodes were open though and there was nothing in the Salvage node. I had checked my human's inventory after the DR gathering trip to make sure I hadn't missed the Salvage node somehow. Nope, nothing there from the Salvage node. If this is intended to show only in the home instance of the alt who bought it, then I'm going to want my 50 gold and all that karma back. This is a ridiculous hassle. Haven't filed a customer service ticked yet. Am waiting to see if Anet resolves this in a timely manner.

Same as others have reported. Salvage Node shows up in any home instance I have gone to ONLY on the character that bought the node. Does not show up for any other characters on the same account in any home instance. For the character that bought the node, the option to buy it from the vendor is gone, but for other characters on the account the vendor shows the node available to buy.

On the character that bought the node; I bought it shortly after entering the Umbral area early in the chapter. I checked on another character to see if they could see the node in a home instance after completing the chapter. No luck.

If this is meant to be per character it would have been good to know since the character I bought it with is not the character I use for home instance farming/cooking.

@The Regicide.6720 said:ANET pls an Official response. i dont know if its character bound or its a bug pls say something

When you buy it, there is a hint tell u it is per character. but what it didn't tell is u still can only mine it once per account per day. so why buy it more then one if every account only can do it once per day.

Just updated and logged in. I have a charr toon parked in BC that I farm my home with. My main is a charr that I purchased the node with. I bought the node with the concept that it, like every node before it, would be available to whatever toon I decided to farm my instance with. I would not have spent the gold on it right now had I known it would act character specific. Perhaps in the future for completion purposes, but not right this moment. I also feel that if its true intention is to be character bound, then it is not conveyed clearly, especially with the history of how other nodes work.

Also just updated and logged in to check the node. It still only shows in the home instance of the Charr alt who bought it. Another alt going to the home instance in the Black Citadel could not see it. If this is intentional, if it really is character bound, then I want my gold and karma back. If Anet doesn't clarify this quickly I'm going to go ahead and file a customer service ticket.

This is still not fixed, despite the update. I first tried using the alt I have parked in DR for HI farming and it's still not showing up. I tried using another character that's been to Drizzlewood and it's not there either. Using the character that I originally purchased the node on makes it show up properly.

"Fixed an issue in which the Salvage Pile Home Instance Node would not appear in some home instances." ~ Release Notes

So I don't know if this helps or not, nor if it is as intended. I have noticed that the Salvage Pile Home Instance Node is apparently character / character's race bound and does not show up for my other characters when in their home instance.

• explanation:I bought the home instance node on a Norn who was currently playing the new content. The node supposedly unlocked according to the yellow notification and audible sound. I swapped to my daily home instance farming character (Human in DR) and entered into the home instance looking for the new node to use. I did not find the node in the DR . I swapped to the Norn who bought it and entered it's home instance in Hoelbrak, it was there. I swapped back to my daily home farmer and again tried to find it in DR but didn't. I too my human daily farmer to Hoelbrak and entered the home instance and it was there.
    • Side note: I noticed M.O.X. was also showing up for characters (human farmer) who had not completed the unlock process to have him appear. M.O.X.'s appearance was not consistent.
    • "M.O.X. will join your home instance after completing Heart of the Volcano (for the character that completed the chapter)" ~Wiki

I hope this helps and if it IS supposed to be account bound it does not appear to be doing so. I have to go to the racial home instance of the purchasing character.

Thanks

I am 99% sure this being character bound is a mistake and will be fixed. It makes no sense to make this change at this stage. But, if it IS intended for some bizarre reason then we need a way to sell back the node and buy again on a different char - the one we want to use for home instance collection.

@Seth Moonshadow.2710 said:I swapped to the Norn who bought it and entered it's home instance in Hoelbrak, it was there. I swapped back to my daily home farmer and again tried to find it in DR but didn't. I too my human daily farmer to Hoelbrak and entered the home instance and it was there.

Just checked: Bought the node with a human character, didn't enter any home instance with him though. I don't find it in Rata Sum with any of my farm characters. I find it in Divinity's Reach however (in the back alley behind the inn) with a non-human toon that hasn't touched personal story content for years.

@yoguil.7320 said:

@Seth Moonshadow.2710 said:I swapped to the Norn who bought it and entered it's home instance in Hoelbrak, it was there. I swapped back to my daily home farmer and again tried to find it in DR but didn't. I too my human daily farmer to Hoelbrak and entered the home instance and it was there.

Just checked: Bought the node with a human character, didn't enter any home instance with him though. I don't find it in Rata Sum with any of my farm characters. I find it in Divinity's Reach however (in the back alley behind the inn) with a non-human toon that hasn't touched personal story content for years.

I spent the better part of 30 minutes in DR with my Human looking before and after farming home instance and never once found it, covering the allies and all the pathways. Thank you for confirming what I experienced!

This also speaks to what is stated here.

@"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:What the hell, ANet? Where is the quality assurance?eRQye7M.jpg

Clearly something with the home instances is bugged given the M.O.X. note also. I hope they revisit this?